Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Game got delayed

http://kotaku.com/sources-no-mans-sky-delayed-1778797365

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lol they're sitting there with this piece of poo poo they've built going "Oh god, this is not fun at all. We forgot to make it fun, quickly make it fun."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just adjust the fun coefficient by 2.34e-4

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ButteCysts posted:

*dramatic classical music plays like the start of 2001: a space odyssey as camera slowly pans out to reveal a gaping anus, a nutsack and a ring*

I have a little swf movie much like that saved on my computer

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

lol

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
can someone say what procedural generation is in a not boring way?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it goes 'hmm should i put this thing here or some other thing' and makes it all random and stuff

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol it's being made by "Hello Games".

Hello, game? Is there a game here? Hello.....

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Mozi posted:

it goes 'hmm should i put this thing here or some other thing' and makes it all random and stuff

wha

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
its like if there is a lot of lego in a tub and you shake it up until a spaceship comes out

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Chomp8645 posted:

Hello, game? Is there a game here? Hello.....

Hello? Is it games you're looking for?

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Mozi posted:

its like if there is a lot of lego in a tub and you shake it up until a spaceship comes out

how could that possibly use less computer code than just having a box with a ship already in it? buh?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
this is the clever part, the code *itself* is made of even more procedures! (lego)

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Its a minecraft where you can't build.
its got guns like halo but theres no point shooting,
the OP saw it and he was thrilled
For the dev team he's been rooting.
he asked the gamestop babe when it would be out
because regarding games she never lied
but what she said made him want to shout
"when they coded the poo poo? no man tried"

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Mozi posted:

this is the clever part, the code *itself* is made of even more procedures! (lego)

Thats at least triple the amount of work from just doing normal coding on the computer.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

ButteCysts posted:

heres hoping that this is all an elaborate hoax in order to deliver the most brutal of owns in the form of the galactic centre being a metaphor for goatse, and players will receive a goatse upon reaching the centre

Chomp8645 posted:

Hello... Games...

Hello...jpg?

Mother of god
:monocle:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SciFiDownBeat posted:

looking forward to seeing what the word filter will be for "no man's buy"
i hope it's garbage pit

ButteCysts posted:

*dramatic classical music plays like the start of 2001: a space odyssey as camera slowly pans out to reveal a gaping anus, a nutsack and a ring*
goty all years

no chance, guy

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
that may be the case that there is a gbialion planets but they said "if you guys find each other LIKE LETS sAY U DO!!! DOUBT IT BUT U DO" and ur on the same planet, how do I find each other? YOU DONT

that tells me that this game is a big instance wank fest and it isnt ever see another player bbut whats the point of trading? who are we trading to? robots? why do robots need space msrhosom? or penis powders? whate is going on in nomans sky that all you do is fly around and no one works or has a productive life

they could make this game so good if like they makde it so u fly on a sertain planet and it starts doom or you go to a certian plaemt and it starts kings quest because those are the worlds u r on hell and not earth but kinda sierra version of earth midgardee

i know we dont like the guy but i think bill costby said it best "if im going to be a ghost dad mpotherucker its me" probably

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
quote this if you know that there is no actual multiplayer and never will be

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
omg i love how in that article by kotai that it says this in the article

and then in the subequent imae it has a giant COMING SOON pop onm sticker

lol at the "ppop on sticker" idea, like someone out there read this and goes "gt the pop on stickers ready" like someone out there every day has to concern themselves about th eir quantity of COMINg SON pop on stickers lol i dont know why thats xso funny to me bu im laughing out loud loudly

I need "COMING SOON" pop on stickers for dates lol so the girl knows whats about 2 happen ;__;

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

wooooooooooosh

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I choose to believe it's because of this thread.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

fart

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

i said it in the real thread but i bet the delay is to get copies to Youtubers and streamers because the hype is in totally flaccid mode right now

or they realize they have no game and are making GBS threads themselves lol

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Revenants Return posted:

basically instead of having people design memorable, interesting planets which people will actually visit, an algorithm shits out a gorillion samey planets

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Revenants Return posted:

You make a few designs and let the computer populate the world with them.

So like you make five different models of trees and instead of placing them manually you tell the computer to make this area full of trees.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
is that ash ketchum in an x wing?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Revenants Return posted:

Sure. They've got a thing where they put a value in and it spits out a creature/planet/what-have-you. The values are always the same, so everyone sees the same stuff spit out without a guy sitting there and making sure each animal or planet looks good.

Arguably this also results in everything being soulless, but hey. Minecraft's world is procedural and the terrain could get pretty cool but it was well done, smaller in scale, and the gameplay itself didn't rely on the procedural worlds.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Shneak posted:

I choose to believe it's because of this thread.
goons have done it again

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Op lied

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
no lads, guy

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
No As Trek

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bow-Clad Fry

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Gnomes Can Lie

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Revenants Return posted:

The Brown Menace posted:

basically instead of having people design memorable, interesting planets which people will actually visit, an algorithm shits out a gorillion samey planets

computer parts posted:

You make a few designs and let the computer populate the world with them.

So like you make five different models of trees and instead of placing them manually you tell the computer to make this area full of trees.

Atoramos posted:

Sure. They've got a thing where they put a value in and it spits out a creature/planet/what-have-you. The values are always the same, so everyone sees the same stuff spit out without a guy sitting there and making sure each animal or planet looks good.

Arguably this also results in everything being soulless, but hey. Minecraft's world is procedural and the terrain could get pretty cool but it was well done, smaller in scale, and the gameplay itself didn't rely on the procedural worlds.

yo rev which one wins a b or c

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

rabble rabble posted:

which one wins a b or c
No man, why?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://imgur.com/a/psfWa

Noam and Sly

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://sciencefiction.com/2015/11/24/nerd-royalty-felicia-day-joins-new-tom-servo-crow-mystery-science-theater-3000/

Crow Fans Cry

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/may/18/university-ban-on-mortarboard-throwing-well-photoshop-them-in

Throws Banned, Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fro Man's High

• Locked thread