Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
I'm glad the Pens went through because they were clearly the better team (at least tonight) and Pens / Sharks could be pretty rad.

Too bad for Vasilevskiy though, he played lights out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
Milbury dumb. Vasy only reason that game was close.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I honestly think Vasilevsky is as good as Bishop and Tampa should feel good about trading Bishop if someone pays a mint for him (especially since they have the same problem the Pens do, that they can't protect both goalies and will have to bribe Vegas to not take whichever one they don't protect).

Stamkos's departure will already free up a bunch of cap space though.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Wow. Brian Rust.

Regular season: 4 goals

Playoffs: 5 goals

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Grittybeard posted:

He touched it but was he flat out carrying it around last time?

Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3appcMWU_HA

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
The way Bishop handles the puck can't be understated enough. I'm not sure it changes the series, but it certainly brings a different factor in.

Vasy played beyond my expectations of him. He played beyond my expectations of Bishop.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jesus, in six years Crosby has really aged and Mario has put on 15 pounds.

LET'S GO PENS!

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

graph posted:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

beetlo posted:

Milbury dumb. Vasy only reason that game was close.

I think his point though is even if it is a flukey goal, not quite his fault, it is something that will still haunt him for the rest of his life. It was the goal that prevent his dream from coming true, and it could have been easily prevented.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Huh, for some reason I remember him just having a hand on it while it was on a table. Maybe I'm mis-remembering the time he didn't touch it.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
I remember Crosby saying that he carried it and celebrated with it because he learned the year before just how hard it was to get even this far, and that you never know if you'll even get this far again and it's a time to celebrate

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
God I just thought about 2013 and involuntarily shivered

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Vincent Van Goat posted:

God that end could have not been anymore stressful

Daley :unsmith:

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Didn't have it exactly right, but from 2009:

Sidney Crosby posted:

"We didn't touch the trophy last year, and obviously we didn't have the result we wanted," Crosby said. "We figured we'd touch it this year. Although we haven't accomplished exactly what we want, we still accomplished something here. You know, we can still enjoy it." -- Sidney Crosby on his decision to forget tradition and touch the Prince of Wales Trophy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not exactly the right thread, but :krakentoot: YES MONSTERS :krakentoot:

hell yeah monsters! gwan get that calder

used to go to lumberjacks games bitd

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

graph posted:

hell yeah monsters! gwan get that calder

used to go to lumberjacks games bitd

I can get behind this because it looks like Hershey might beat Toronto, and I really hate Hershey fans.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Schremp Howard posted:

Mike Milbury doesn't like playoff beards. Just when you think he can't get any lower.
playoff beards are stupid.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Rust Belt crew.

Cavs, Pens, Monsters. Go get it fellas. Stipe setting the waterfall in motion.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Thornton and Burns disagree

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

graph posted:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

It's what I said at the start and I haven't really been watching since the Caps thankfully got knocked out but I expect a sweep or five games at most and people are gonna be easily disappointed that it doesn't go seven

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Sidney Crosby and his beardness adamantly disagrees. Best beard in the league western world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The best playoff beard story is when Ruslan Fedotenko said he couldn't grow one because of Chernobyl

• Locked thread