Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

The most I've had is 40k gil but I'm blowing through that pretty quickly leveling dudes up. Garland takes so drat much exp but he'll be mid 40's 5* by the end of this I figure.

I've been holding all my Lapis up so I can eventually do an 11 pull when they do a character rate up sometime in the future.

I applaud your ability to hoard Lapis.

The second I get 500 I pull that slot machine for that dopamine fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Gonna get that 1k Lapiz for free here in about 30 minutes. Gonna be nice for that XP farming.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

m.hache posted:

I applaud your ability to hoard Lapis.

The second I get 500 I pull that slot machine for that dopamine fix.

Well after doing like 4 poo poo pulls I decided to wait it out.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Well after doing like 4 poo poo pulls I decided to wait it out.

I wish we had an idea on when the official release will be. I'm betting we get those 10 summon tickets for pre-registration bonuses.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

m.hache posted:

I wish we had an idea on when the official release will be. I'm betting we get those 10 summon tickets for pre-registration bonuses.

yeah we should if it works like every other game out there. They should just give them to everyone who has an account during the first week. That would probably be the best time to re-roll if you were already happy with your account.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
At this point nothing in the game is difficult for me except that White Dragon (Which I can probably Cheese if I dump some XP into my Green Mage for Sleep), so I'll probably start sitting on Lapiz until we get an increased pull event or something.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

One thing I have had to spend Lapis on though is increasing the friends list and increasing the Materials storage. They really give you poo poo room for the mats you end up finding.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I downloaded this off apkpure, and I can't figure out how to make it run in english. Did I download the wrong apk?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

GoingPostal posted:

I downloaded this off apkpure, and I can't figure out how to make it run in english. Did I download the wrong apk?

Did you use this link: https://apkpure.com/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFBEWW

I just opened this link from the OP on my phone, downloaded it and ran it straight.

I'm not Rooted or anything.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Yup. I think what did it was I launched it from the Done/Install option instead of backing out and launching it from the app itself. Thank you, though! :)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It did not occur to me to watch the costs of using cactuars. Down to 147 gil. :retrogames:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I wish I had started like 3-4 days before I did. Energy refills just aren't worth it with 25energy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
They'd be questionable even if you had 125 energy since you'd run out of gil in a hurry. :shrug:

(I burned 30k already and am now at 900gil)

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Echophonic posted:

It did not occur to me to watch the costs of using cactuars. Down to 147 gil. :retrogames:

Yeah, I loving bankrupted myself before I noticed what I was doing. Oh well though, I've got a 4* Shadow, Krile and Lasswell now and I'm stockpiling the Cactuar's until the event is over. Then I'll tear into the Gil dungeon, probably.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FYI: Stealing in the Colosseum doesn't count towards the Achievement.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

m.hache posted:

At this point nothing in the game is difficult for me except that White Dragon (Which I can probably Cheese if I dump some XP into my Green Mage for Sleep), so I'll probably start sitting on Lapiz until we get an increased pull event or something.

You could work on grinding magicite to max out Siren/Ifrit in order to fight their lvl 2 form and awaken them.

Good luck with that though since Ifrit has about 3x the HP of White Dragon.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The tier 3 gil dungeon only give 2500 a run.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zotix posted:

Dunno how you guys feel about adding random people, but this is apparently a thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rP9vVOwJSk

I'm at 25/25 actual friends and the Facebook friends I have are kept to their own separate list area. I definitely have a bunch of extra friends but my actual friend's list area sits at 25/25. Not sure how his shows the FB friends there, is it an Android thing?

Eddain posted:

You could work on grinding magicite to max out Siren/Ifrit in order to fight their lvl 2 form and awaken them.

Good luck with that though since Ifrit has about 3x the HP of White Dragon.

IIRC he's vulnerable to poison and maybe other aliments. Poison's 10% hp/turn so if you can stick it and then just survive 10 rounds you'll win through attrition.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
You can unlock freely one of the Vortex dungeons per day, right? It's all additional ones later that costs some Lapis?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Cosmic Afro posted:

You can unlock freely one of the Vortex dungeons per day, right? It's all additional ones later that costs some Lapis?

Yes. Also the Cactuar dungeon counts for your Daily quest as well.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I've pretty much maxed out all the good units I have. I can't decide if I want to expand my unit limit so I can save some cactaurs for later, or roll a few times to see if I get anyone good so I can start feeding them immediately.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Been trying for 10 Scripture of Time's for a week now this is awful. There is one boss that I've farmed nonstop stealing each time and have gotten 2. I also spent 4 days straight running advanced awaken mats vortex and got 4 more these are the only two sources they really need some sort of alternatives here. Also been running the colliseum I've seen the mob that you can steal it from 3 times now haven't gotten lucky once.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just Awakened Edgar to 4*. Need some more cash and cactuars to get him to 48 for some Drill action, but it's all good. Swapped Kain out for Sabin for style points. also I don't have the stuff to Awaken Kain. Short a crystal. :v:

So right now I have a team of 4*s. Edgar/Sabin/Shadow/Vivi/Krile. Mix in 3* Paul for Colosseum stealing. May swap Shadow for Cyan, actually, more useful abilities. Could probably take a shot at White Dragon if I got Cyan a few more levels...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally was able to buy the early bird special. Setup AndyO OS and had to run as admin otherwise it errored out but $4 for 1k lapis and a pair of summon tickets is handy.

I think I just need a good thief (Vaan ideally, Zidane's ok too) and I should be pretty well setup for awhile. Once I have more gil I'll be able to max level Maria for Curaga though only the White Dragon or lvl 2 esper fights would need it at this point.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Been trying for 10 Scripture of Time's for a week now this is awful. There is one boss that I've farmed nonstop stealing each time and have gotten 2. I also spent 4 days straight running advanced awaken mats vortex and got 4 more these are the only two sources they really need some sort of alternatives here. Also been running the colliseum I've seen the mob that you can steal it from 3 times now haven't gotten lucky once.

I have 21 of those things just from my time trying to get Heaven's Ash to 5* Rain and Lasswell.

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Could probably take a shot at White Dragon if I got Cyan a few more levels...

White dragon is real easy to cheese. I beat it with a lv14 Rizer who has blade bash.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Eddain posted:

I have 21 of those things just from my time trying to get Heaven's Ash to 5* Rain and Lasswell.

It's like it knows what you and holds it back from you I'm at about 30+ Ash even with several characters using it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was deeply wrong about my chances at the white dragon. I got him pretty far down, but I couldn't get a second paralyze to proc, so he rolled me.

dontaht posted:

White dragon is real easy to cheese. I beat it with a lv14 Rizer who has blade bash.

Oh, hmm, I DO have a 2* Rizer. I can drag him along, Sabin wasn't doing much.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 28, 2016

Eddain
May 6, 2007
According to reddit there's a penalty towards reapplying a status affect, so getting that 2nd Sleep/Paralyze can be pretty luck based.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

dontaht posted:

Impressive considering even with Rizel and two people carrying sleep I can't get the fucker to stay locked down for even a dozen rounds.

e: I also only have bio blade so getting it to apply a 3rd time is nearly impossible.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 28, 2016

Damegane
May 7, 2013
I just started and rerolled to a Bartz 3*. I see him in the "Best" tier but don't quite understand why yet. Is it because he's one of the few who can go up to 6* eventually?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Damegane posted:

I just started and rerolled to a Bartz 3*. I see him in the "Best" tier but don't quite understand why yet. Is it because he's one of the few who can go up to 6* eventually?

I myself got a 3* Cecil, and he is also listed on the 'best' tier. So far it's pretty useful to have someone that's tanky and get in the way of poo poo, but I'm still not sure what makes him so darn incredible so far.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cosmic Afro posted:

I myself got a 3* Cecil, and he is also listed on the 'best' tier. So far it's pretty useful to have someone that's tanky and get in the way of poo poo, but I'm still not sure what makes him so darn incredible so far.

Very tanky unit that gets Cura and later Curaja, and the Excalibur's an insanely good weapon once you grind out his trust mastery.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Damegane posted:

At 5* he learns Barrage, which hits 4x for 80% ATK each. At his eventual 6* he gets an upgraded version that's wind elemental and hits 5x for 80% ATK. Bartz also gets a bunch of passives and decent utility stuff.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

pro tip: use the small metal cactuars from the event to max out 1* and 2* characters from the FP Pulls. 1* sell for 5k and 2* for 15k.

it's the easiest way to keep your Gil up for fusing the giant ones.

this event let me get my CoD to 5* and Butz is following suit as soon as he gets 60.

e: everyone is full on friends, rip. 228,422,166 i've got 5* CoD set up right now.

baram. fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 28, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

baram. posted:

e: everyone is full on friends, rip. 228,422,166 i've got 5* CoD set up right now.

You can also post a link to your Facebook account, and goons can swarm you with Friend Requests, which is a seperate friends list with no cap...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

baram. posted:

pro tip: use the small metal cactuars from the event to max out 1* and 2* characters from the FP Pulls. 1* sell for 5k and 2* for 15k.

it's the easiest way to keep your Gil up for fusing the giant ones.

this event let me get my CoD to 5* and Butz is following suit as soon as he gets 60.

Not a bad idea however most people are recommending saving your friend points for special rate ups on gold/ fusion items. I'm personally pulling to max out my trust on all of the F2P units.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I have no idea where you guys are getting the awakening mats to push anything past 3*. I've ran all of the awakening dungeons at least twice and and haven't gotten the stuff I really need.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Deki posted:

I have no idea where you guys are getting the awakening mats to push anything past 3*. I've ran all of the awakening dungeons at least twice and and haven't gotten the stuff I really need.

i ran the awakening daily int/adv exclusively outside of daily quests for 2-3 days straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Deki posted:

I spent a whole day off running the Awakening dungeon while playing another game, so that's how I got the mats. It takes some time.

• Locked thread