Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Yeah but obviously he is a liar right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Anidav posted:

I don't understand all this talk of a Green Liberal preference deal. To the best of my knowledge there isn't one and it just seems like a way of attacking the Greens brand by stealth?

It's all over the media and starting to trickle into ALP ads but I seem to recall DiNatalie ruling this out multiple times.

no matter how many times both sides say there's no deal, it's the narrative their opponents want so they keep at it. Also, SHY had a shocker of an interview on 2GB and now every numpty conservative is all over it pointing out how the Greens are hopeless.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Just like a budget surplus. If they say greens preference deal enough times it comes true!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
LNP are the best at economic management

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

4 Corners is dead. edit wait no I'm an idiot

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

starkebn posted:

of clowns...in a circus.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lizard Combatant posted:

poo poo! Gimme a sec...

e:

better?

kissing gesture with fingers. That's some good poo poo.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

starkebn posted:

It's going to be a hoot when we lose our AAA credit rating on their watch.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

starkebn posted:

"Economic management" is just the phrase they went with when their marketing team said that "systemic corruption" wouldn't really win the majority of people over.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 2, 2016

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Oh no won't somebody think of the posters

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Let's hope NXT voters keep on replacing Pyne with NXT.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Starshark posted:

I don't know everything there is to know about Uni rules but that looks to me like a pretty blatant breach of academic freedom.

E: Article here

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/university-suspends-safe-schools-cofounder-roz-ward-over-facebook-post-20160601-gp9ezu.html

Piss weak effort by LaTrobe, I hope the academics there go on strike

Oh loving awesome.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

RIP in piece

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMej__yTmE

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"Why can't you guys take a racist joke?"

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Do they actually know a Goodall or is that a Jane Goodall reference?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
looks like we know why bernardi has been retweeting roosh v articles.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jun/02/pms-department-reveals-thousands-of-womens-email-addresses-on-confidential-database

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
United Patriots Front misses deadline to register political party ahead of federal election

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What annoys me about that Libs and Greens super deal is you'd have to have below 0 knowledge of how politics (or gently caress, anything involving negotiation) works to be angry about it.

It's like being outraged at the state of origin players for being traitors to their teams or something for daring to play with others for a shared goal.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The ALA is still here though!

A NEW political party standing in the Brisbane-based federal seats of Griffith and Forde is proposing a ban on migrants from Islamic countries entering Australia for 10 years.

The Australian Liberty Alliance wants to put a blanket ban on migration from the Organisation of Islamic Countries, with an exception for persecuted non-Muslim minorities.

Islamic Council of Queensland spokesman Ali Kadri said the ALA posed a threat to the social fabric of the community.

“They are definitely (a threat),” Mr Kadri said. “It is dangerous and divisive, it’s not just about Muslims.”

The self-proclaimed “pro-freedom, pro-Australian, family party” has rejected its right-wing label.

ALA candidate for Forde Shaun Spain said “good natured” Muslims were becoming enticed by extremist views.

“There are peaceful Muslims out there and they are here in Australia, but the biggest problem I see is that they get trapped by hate preachers and get caught up in the wrong crowds,” Mr Spain said.

“I am not running because I hate Islam or hate Muslims, I am doing it because I don’t want radical Islam.”

Mr Spain said he was standing for the federal seat of Forde because it was his local electorate.

Federal Labor MP for Griffith Terri Butler said she did not want to discuss or legitimise ALA’s policies.

“I don’t have much time for radical fringe groups,” she said.

Federal LNP MP for Forde Bert van Manen also declined to comment on the party’s emergence.

ALA candidate for Griffith Matt Darragh denied the party’s policies were racist.

Mr Darragh said he wanted to represent this local seat of Griffith and wanted to make a positive difference in his community.

“Australia’s filters at the borders are not refined enough,” he said.

Griffith University political expert Paul Williams said the ALA was a “full-right, arch-conservative party”.

He said the party’s policies were similar to those of the White Australia policy era.

“We are living in electorally volatile times. People feel mainstream parties have let them down and there’s a big gap between public expectation and wish fulfilment,” Dr Williams said.

He said the ALA had a “remote, outside chance” of winning a Senate seat, but was “basically up against (Pauline) Hanson for the same spot”.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So, you'd pronounce the party name Allah?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Amoeba102 posted:

So, you'd pronounce the party name Allah?

:pusheen:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

160,000 people are turned down for legal aid every year because of tightened restrictions due to funding cuts. England spends twice per capita what we do on legal aid. The productivity commision said it had been cut so much it was having a negative affect on the rest of the legal system and increasing the funding by 200 million dollars would save money because judges would no longer have to play defense advocate for people representing themselves.

Richard Ackland: 'Where is George Brandis?' – Behind the Lines podcast

http://gu.com/p/4jqjc

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 2, 2016

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

:perfect:

I can't wait to see how they try and spin this obvious and huge gently caress up.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Anidav posted:

The ALA is still here though!

A NEW political party standing in the Brisbane-based federal seats of Griffith and Forde is proposing a ban on migrants from Islamic countries entering Australia for 10 years.

Ignoring the hiliarity of an anti-Islam party being called ALA, their proposed laws would be unconsititutional, wouldn't they?

The Amen Break
Jan 14, 2010
Some good new: Tanya Plibersek and Albo just announced Labor's support for community radio a moment ago.

If elected, Labor will reverse the LNP's cuts to digital radio outlined in the latest budget. These amount to $1.4 million which is pretty small-fry on a national scale but this sum was hard fought during the last couple of budgets and it's vindictive to see cuts proposed yet again. Digital audiences are growing substantially (~20% in latest figures) and community radio performs a huge service for local arts for very little money in the scheme of things.

For what it's worth, if you're yet to sign the petition you can do so here: http://www.keepcommunityradio.org.au/

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In a follow up to my post in the last thread, regarding the insider traders defence of "he was acting too dumb to be guilty" http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774162&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=86#post460455956

Shockingly he was convicted of 45 counts of insider trading, who knew a defence of "this is too obvious a paper trail to have been criminal" would fail.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I mean when all else fails it can't hurt to try "I'm too dumb to do something wrong on purpose"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Snod. posted:

I mean when all else fails it can't hurt to try "I'm too dumb to do something wrong on purpose"

He could've tried pleading guilty

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I mean a better man might

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

While a small thing compared to other election news, both the Greens and Labor have made promises to reverse the $1.6 million cut to Community Radio broadcasting which the Liberals have in their latest budget.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"The Institute of Public Affairs has accused the Coalition of relying on the same language as Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn to defend its superannuation changes.

The free market thinktank also says the public is seeing the fruits of the campaign it began waging against the government’s super changes three weeks ago, as more Coalition MPs start to understand how unfair the proposed changes are."

I can only boggle.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Good. I know a lot of people who do community radio in their spare time for fun.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Anidav posted:

Good. I know a lot of people who do community radio in their spare time for fun.

The likeliest choices for the last Qld Senate seat is between pauline hanson and that guy on 4zzz on monday mornings

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Someday I will be in the senate and goons will call me king.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Anidav posted:

Someday I will be in the senate and goons will call me king.

The burger king.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Get investigated by the afp for shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hooman posted:

"The Institute of Public Affairs has accused the Coalition of relying on the same language as Bernie Sanders and Jeremy Corbyn to defend its superannuation changes.

The free market thinktank also says the public is seeing the fruits of the campaign it began waging against the government’s super changes three weeks ago, as more Coalition MPs start to understand how unfair the proposed changes are."

I can only boggle.

...what?

• Locked thread