Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chocolate Teapot posted:

There's a few in Liverpool as well, even going so far as to piggyback on Hillsborough by shoving a big "THE TRUTH" in the middle of the ad. I want to punch the fucker who thought that was a good idea.

That's not piggybacking on hillsborough, that's how they look everywhere. There's been one in boro for the last few months, I asked about it a couple of threads ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

StoneOfShame posted:

Hellfire is not even top five.

Edit:1. Colours of the Wind 2. A Whole New World 3. Beauty and the Beast 4.I Just Cant Wait to be King 5. I cant choose between I Wanna be Like You and Everybody Wants to be a Cat

Beauty and the Beast is a poo poo song. Friend Like Me is definitely top 5.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Beauty and the Beast is amazing and if you dont love it you have no heart. I forgot about Friend Like Me fucks sake need to rethink.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If I had to pick one song from beauty and the beast it would probably be gaston singing about how great he is.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

StoneOfShame posted:

Beauty and the Beast is amazing and if you dont love it you have no heart. I forgot about Friend Like Me fucks sake need to rethink.

Even the "ska" version couldn't save that wreck.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

OwlFancier posted:

If I had to pick one song from beauty and the beast it would probably be gaston singing about how great he is.

It is definitely the best song in that movie but I can never remember the words. :v:

As braggadocious Disney villain songs go, Be Prepared will always be my favourite, because Jeremy Irons' ability to flick between grand and camp from one line to the next is incredible.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

OwlFancier posted:

:getin:

Best Disney song tied with Be Prepared.

Close second is 'Make a Man Out of You' followed by 'Go the Distance' from Hercules.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
one of my favorite disney song wasn't used in a movie: Snuff Out The Light from an earlier version the emperor's new groove (one of my favorite disney flick), by Eartha Kitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=374xW4zZbZA

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Renaissance Robot posted:

As braggadocious Disney villain songs go, Be Prepared will always be my favourite, because Jeremy Irons' ability to flick between grand and camp from one line to the next is incredible.

Depending on how much you believe Jim Cummings I may have some bad news for you on that front.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
I'll Make A Man Out Of You is clearly the best song, from a pretty good Disney animation.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
What's the best Disney song to row by, while cutting sandwiches diagonally ?

Seriously, Let it go

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

:getin:

Best Disney song tied with Be Prepared.

Close second is 'Make a Man Out of You' followed by 'Go the Distance' from Hercules.

Zero to Hero is the best Hercules song. StoneofShame your lists needs to be seriously reworked.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Is my list out of touch?

No it is the other posters who are wrong.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Excuse you, but the best song from Hercules is "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

UnquietDream posted:

Depending on how much you believe Jim Cummings I may have some bad news for you on that front.

Why, what's he say about it?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The best Disnep song is clearly Gaston and it's so far above all the others we're really only able to talk about second place and lower

Pesmerga knows what's up with the others. Make a Man Out of You is so great.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Renfield posted:

Seriously, Let it go

i hope you mean that as an actual phrase and not as a song title because I can't accept this level of wrongness in the thread

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Renaissance Robot posted:

Jeremy Irons' ability to flick between grand and camp from one line to the next is incredible.
They're the same thing, it's just a tiny shift in perception.
See also: The Hallelujah Chorus, most things by Wagner.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

TinTower posted:

Excuse you, but the best song from Hercules is "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)"

Meg as a character just ruins everything she's in.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
This is one of the better derails.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Can't wait to hear what pissflaps' favourite disney song is!

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Miftan posted:

Can't wait to hear what pissflaps' favourite disney song is!

Something from Song of the South

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
"In Summer" from Frozen. Playful yet poignant.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Dabir posted:

Why, what's he say about it?

I'll link the video that Wikipedia uses as a source. Tl;dr version is that according to him Jeremy Irons only did the speaking parts, the rest was him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmrdn9eFTK8&feature=youtu.be&t=3m15s

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006
Best Disney song is Make a Man Out of You. It is the only one sung by Jackie Chan, and also the most politically relevant; all about oppressing Chinese ethnic minorities and the unwanted inferiority of women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLJJc8siyU

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Sad to see no one has Friends on the Other Side, I assume they're Not in Nottingham though I hope those Poor Unfortunate Souls have access to the Bear Necessities of Life as I did Once Upon a Dream.

My personal favourite though is the opening to Dr Syn The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, far less racism than in the original books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oh28HwUa5A

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Why, Facebook friend :stonk:

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Every song from Hercules is the best song imo

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Mister Adequate posted:

The best Disnep song is clearly Gaston and it's so far above all the others we're really only able to talk about second place and lower

Pesmerga knows what's up with the others. Make a Man Out of You is so great.

I think you will find it is Walp Gisnep.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

"In Summer" from Frozen. Playful yet poignant.

Dammit! I actually like that one :(

The Disney song I really love is Poor Unfortunate Souls. Ursula got some groove. Be Prepared and Go The Distance also awesome, but I can't believe any of you put Wanna Be Like You above Bare Necessities!

I've never actually seen Mulan, but that song is quite good.

I see there is some sort of quiz to be done ITT, but it's going to have to wait until I get some sort of Disney playlist on the go.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Bells of notre dame is pretty loving epic.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

UnquietDream posted:

I'll link the video that Wikipedia uses as a source. Tl;dr version is that according to him Jeremy Irons only did the speaking parts, the rest was him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmrdn9eFTK8&feature=youtu.be&t=3m15s

Well he does a loving good impression of Jeremy Irons then.

I don't especially give a toss really because the end result is a great listen regardless.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The theme song to all trans guys everywhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgWiMm_Nffc

(UKMT June 2016: Maso-sadism, Galt Disnep, and the Referendum on Your Rope)

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

Bells of notre dame is pretty loving epic.

I've not actually seen Notre Dame since it was out in cinemas. Was never as good as other 90s Disney I felt. Though maybe as a Victor Hugo fan I might appreciate it more now. Out There is a decent song I remember.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

All Disney songs are poo poo except for Everybody Wants To Be A Cat.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Rolled Cabbage posted:

Best Disney song is Make a Man Out of You. It is the only one sung by Jackie Chan, and also the most politically relevant; all about oppressing Chinese ethnic minorities and the unwanted inferiority of women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLJJc8siyU
This version of the song does win, that's fair enough. StoneOfShame's list is complete poo poo unless they are a unironic preadolescent girl in which case they get a pass.

But Hellfire is still the best villain song, closely followed by the Gaston songThe World's Greatest Criminal Mind and Let It Go.

Halman posted:

Every song from Hercules is the best song imo
This but Aladdin.

Acaila posted:

I've not actually seen Notre Dame since it was out in cinemas. Was never as good as other 90s Disney I felt. Though maybe as a Victor Hugo fan I might appreciate it more now. Out There is a decent song I remember.

Jesus gently caress no, Hunchback flips the original story more than any other Disney movie.

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 4, 2016

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Jedit posted:

All Disney songs are poo poo except for Everybody Wants To Be A Cat.

Jedit in Being Wrong Again shocker

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Meanwhile, UKIP have selected a their own Disney theme tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oEWA7UglB4

(The three-way call-and-response in Part 2 is unironically brilliant, though)

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Kegluneq posted:

This version of the song does win, that's fair enough. StoneOfShame's list is complete poo poo unless they are a unironic preadolescent girl in which case they get a pass.

But Hellfire is still the best villain song, closely followed by the Gaston songThe World's Greatest Criminal Mind and Let It Go.

This but Aladdin.

Jesus gently caress no, Hunchback flips the original story more than any other Disney movie.

Heh, fair enough, it has been an awfully long time. I do remember being impressed latterly when I found out the named the gargoyles after him at least.

Is If I Can't Love Her in the BATB movie or just the stage version? I blimmin' love that song. Also just anything Alan Menken ever wrote for Disney is awesome tbh.

Nobody's mentioned the Toy Story soundtracks yet either. When Somebody Loved Me is one song guaranteed to leave me a sobbing wreck. I really can't watch the thing these days, I know it's coming and have to run away or switch channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Acaila posted:

When Somebody Loved Me is one song guaranteed to leave me a sobbing wreck.

(I still haven't seen Toy Story 3 for this exact reason)

• Locked thread