Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I think the biggest advantage delta has over frontier is that no one is in high school. Being part of a tactical sound unit is a full time job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Serious Frolicking posted:

I think the biggest advantage delta has over frontier is that no one is in high school. Being part of a tactical sound unit is a full time job!

Aside how from one of them is a mechanic because they don't have enough mechanics or something.

edit: she's still my favourite but you would think that kind of work would be bad for an idol's skin at the very least

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

Aside how from one of them is a mechanic because they don't have enough mechanics or something.

edit: she's still my favourite but you would think that kind of work would be bad for an idol's skin at the very least

Holograms, son.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
When you have the entire Human, Zentraedi, and god knows what gene pool to work from, skin issues are a thing of the past.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Nate RFB posted:

I'd also probably take Alto over Hayate any day of the week.

Oh come on, that's just mean.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hayate to my knowledge hasn't done a cross-dressing prison break rock concert so I don't really think it's much of a contest.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Could anyone make an avatar out of this? I tried, but it's still juuuuuust barely over the filesize limit and anything I try to reduce it makes it look terrible. (I'm bad at gif editing.)

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Hoooo-leee-poo poo. I was not expecting Messer to get pineapple salad'ed so soon.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Hoooo-leee-poo poo.

Yeeeeeeeeep...

Everything about this episode is what I watch Macross for. Going to be long weeks between the next couple episodes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, I guess that explains why Bogue was never much of a match for Hayate.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Hoooo-leee-poo poo.

Yep.

I thought he'd leave then come back in the final few episodes before he got pineappled.

Does the idea of love scare Mirage or is she worried that someone else (like Freyja) is going to make a move on Hayate?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Major Ricardo posted:

Yep.

I thought he'd leave then come back in the final few episodes before he got pineappled.

Does the idea of love scare Mirage or is she worried that someone else (like Freyja) is going to make a move on Hayate?

Tsundere is a mental illness.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

On a slightly different note, I think I like Axia the best out of all the songs they've had in the show.

Doesn't hurt that it played over Messer going out exactly in the way he should have. RIP, but I think Hayate's not going to hold back the next time he has Bogue dead to rights

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Watching Macross, I didn't expect such a gruesome death. Then again my experience with Macross is limited to Plus, some of 7 I think? and Frontier... Then again, Plus had some gruesome deaths in it I think, too, but that was on par for being an OVA/the time it was released?

Edit: Damnit, I would have legit wanted to see Kaname and Messer actually pairing up.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gently caress

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What a happy fun episode. :3::3:

The cutest couple!

The cutest ear-blush!

The cutest "if two people love each other they should just say it!"

Too bad nothing else happened !! :shepface:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I have been out of town and away from good sound equipment so I have not been able to watch this hype as hell show properly. But one of those things is coming to an end! I am hype for Tuesday!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Anyway, in and among all the other huge poo poo that happened seeing Mikumo completely shaken and even taken out by...whatever the hell happened with the songs and runes and feedback was a hell of a shock. She's always so drat unflappable and whatever happened there messed her up big time. RIP Messer, at least you went out like you wanted to, but god drat i was hoping you'd have at least wounded the fucker that did it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So I guess that mysterious bomb no one can agree on was actually related to protoculture ruins. And then it seems the epsilon foundation serves as the mysterious third faction that is secretly behind everything.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh gently caress. I'm actually kind of sad about Messer biting it. :smith:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

So I guess that mysterious bomb no one can agree on was actually related to protoculture ruins. And then it seems the epsilon foundation serves as the mysterious third faction that is secretly behind everything.

Pish posh, what are you talking about? There's no way that a mysterious third party organization studying the protoculture ruins and providing mysterious power boosters that increase the strength of the evil magic mind control song at the cost of slowly killing the Prince singing the song can possibly be sinister and/or evil.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Fuuuuuuuck. I can't believe he just loving got laser'd in his cockpit. I expected his valkyrie to explode, not THAT. :stare:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

And then it seems the epsilon foundation serves as the mysterious third faction that is secretly behind everything.

Kanos posted:

Pish posh, what are you talking about? There's no way that a mysterious third party organization studying the protoculture ruins and providing mysterious power boosters that increase the strength of the evil magic mind control song at the cost of slowly killing the Prince singing the song can possibly be sinister and/or evil.

Yeah, I got a serious Dominion of Fezzan vibe from them.

Awesome episode though. I'm really not as big a fan of the music for this series, I think Kanno did a way better job with Plus and Frontier, but gosh darn it everything else is awesome!

Was that some cliffhanger for a break or something? When's the next episode?????/

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Uh, did we get that "MESSER MAKES MY RUNE LIGHT UP" thing with Keith earlier, too? Because that might just be the gayest thing I've seen in this show, even including all the Walkure stuff.

That's not even a complaint, the post-jellyfish-festival parts of this episode were pretty amazing. :aaaaa: Even when I'd browsed the thread and seen what was coming at the end it was still a gut-punch.

...now I'm torn between "I want Messer back" and "don't you dare bring him back with some writing cop-out". :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

CryingAthena posted:

Uh, did we get that "MESSER MAKES MY RUNE LIGHT UP" thing with Keith earlier, too? Because that might just be the gayest thing I've seen in this show, even including all the Walkure stuff.

Yes, last week's episode. They fought, Keith left (because they had achieved their objective, scanning the ruins), and as he flew away he said "It's been a while since my Rune shone this brightly."

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this show is so loving good

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

CryingAthena posted:

It is only gay if the runes touch.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Nooo! MESSER! But who else could have killed The Reaper if he went Vars

But what's more important is will we get an onscreen kiss between Pink n Green already, stop dragging it out :argh:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
wow messer got fuckin owned

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
how many episodes until glasses wind guy defects to join up with the wu

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Mikl posted:

Could anyone make an avatar out of this? I tried, but it's still juuuuuust barely over the filesize limit and anything I try to reduce it makes it look terrible. (I'm bad at gif editing.)

e: alternatively, I generally feel that avs w/o transparency are better with borders:

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 7, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I GOT TO CATCH THIS UP FINALLY BECAUSE I GOT SOME GOOD SOUND

TOTALLY WORTH IT THIS BECAUSE HYPE TRAIN REALLY HAS NO BREAKS

I CAN'T TAKE THIS

I'M LITERALLY LITERALLY CRYING THE LAST SEVERAL EPISODES

EVEN BEFORE THE SURPRISE

I WANT MORE

Why isn't there more...

...someone make me a time machine. I promise to only use it this once.

a kitten posted:

Anyway, in and among all the other huge poo poo that happened seeing Mikumo completely shaken and even taken out by...whatever the hell happened with the songs and runes and feedback was a hell of a shock. She's always so drat unflappable and whatever happened there messed her up big time.
It looks like the dimensional weapon hole on Windemere

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guys, I really tried to give this show another shot. It just won't take with me. Is there a certain early episode where it really comes together? The first two didn't do anything for me...well, aside from some slick gangsigns by the singers.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Shinjobi posted:

Guys, I really tried to give this show another shot. It just won't take with me. Is there a certain early episode where it really comes together? The first two didn't do anything for me...well, aside from some slick gangsigns by the singers.

it kind of takes until episode 3 to start getting to the regular macross pilot stuff so if that's what you like about macross then give it one more episode i guess

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Will do. I might still drop the show, but dammit I want to be 100% about this before I do so.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you drop it then i guess it's fine, all that means is that you don't like idols and thus i'll have to mark you on my list

kind of a shame if it doesn't click with you though, for me it's mixing a lot of things i like in macross and outside of it and executing it all really well

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Also to put in my 2 cents on the controversial hacking thing it ruled and I laughed so hard the whole time. It was amazing. And I do IT stuff.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kylra posted:

Also to put in my 2 cents on the controversial hacking thing it ruled and I laughed so hard the whole time. It was amazing.

what the gently caress is controversial about something hilarious and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The Colonel posted:

what the gently caress is controversial about something hilarious and fun
I dunno, you'd have to ask those people that didn't like it a few pages back!

• Locked thread