Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what were you guys watching tonight?
This poll is closed.
Game 7 of the NBA Western Conference Finals 39 19.31%
Game 1 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals 17 8.42%
WWE Raw, why would you even ask this on a wrestling subforum I don't even 19 9.41%
runs back up the ramp 127 62.87%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

OatmealRaisin posted:

So, the Al Snow position

I considered this but Dean is majorly over more than Snow ever was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will never give up. :mad:

John Cena account spotted

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ambrose is finished in terms of ever being a big name in WWE. Losing to Lesnar in the fashion he did killed any chance he had at that.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

When I started watching after WWE30 Ambrose was my favorite guy and someone who kept getting me to tune in each week and now he is a stinky garbage man who should switch places on the card with a real athlete like Bo Dallas

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Ambrose gotta have a decent chance of winning MitB at least, since he's close to Roman it'd make for an obvious story to tell.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

oldpainless posted:

Not to me, al snow was the best.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Turning dean heel would probably be a good idea. He can deliver a hell of a heel promo, and he pulls off skeezy so well. His face persona is so weird, because we are supposed to buy him as this crazy weapons expert, but almost every match with weapons he has they barely get used and he almost always gets beat up with the weapons.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

oldpainless posted:

I don't know, his WrestleMania Moment (TM) got quite a reaction.

(the one where he gave a midget in an open-assed cheese costume a leg drop)

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The_Rob posted:

Turning dean heel would probably be a good idea. He can deliver a hell of a heel promo, and he pulls off skeezy so well. His face persona is so weird, because we are supposed to buy him as this crazy weapons expert, but almost every match with weapons he has they barely get used and he almost always gets beat up with the weapons.

His promos would consist of him trying to find fake moral or legal grounds to not fight larger and stronger men, cuz he would be afraid of being punched.

EDIT: Editing in a quote there for clarities sake

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

That DICK! posted:

When I started watching after WWE30 Ambrose was my favorite guy and someone who kept getting me to tune in each week and now he is a stinky garbage man who should switch places on the card with a real athlete like Bo Dallas

Push Bo Dallas

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Dean Ambrose wishes he was Al Snow

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Ambrose is finished in terms of ever being a big name in WWE. Losing to Lesnar in the fashion he did killed any chance he had at that.
There is plenty you can still do with him right now, one big loss isn't going to ruin his WWE career. The only thing that really killed any chance of him being a big name is that its pretty obvious that they have no interest in making him one. If Ambrose popped the roof off of every arena he stepped into, they'd bury him because they'd be afraid that it might take attention off the other main eventers.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Brock Lesnar posted:

Horseshit, even Al Snow doesn't wanna be Al Snow.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Brock Lesnar posted:

We all wish we were the Donald Trump of professional wrestling.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Gorn Myson posted:

There is plenty you can still do with him right now, one big loss isn't going to ruin his WWE career. The only thing that really killed any chance of him being a big name is that its pretty obvious that they have no interest in making him one. If Ambrose popped the roof off of every arena he stepped into, they'd bury him because they'd be afraid that it might take attention off the other main eventers.

This is a handy post for future Ambrose losses.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

RacistGuidingLight posted:

His promos would consist of him trying to find fake moral or legal grounds to not fight larger and stronger men, cuz he would be afraid of being punched.

EDIT: Editing in a quote there for clarities sake

ROMAN, YOU KNOW ME FROM THE SHIELD, I'M CRAZIER THAN YOU, TOUGHER THAN YOU, SMARTER THAN YOU. THAT'S WHY I'M CHALLENGING YOU TO THE MOST EXTREME MATCH IN WWE HISTORY...A NO HITTING IN THE FACE MATCH!!!

Actually one of my favorite memories is from years ago during a Chris Jericho vs Christian feud they were supposed to be choosing a stipulation for a big grudge match, and Jericho was thinking things like Ladder match, TLC, etc and Christian hyped up his pick for awhile before announcing it as a NO COUNTOUT MATCH and trying to get the crowd to chant for it

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Trent Razor1911 posted:

Ambrose gotta have a decent chance of winning MitB at least, since he's close to Roman it'd make for an obvious story to tell.

Giving MITB to Dean Ambrose after they've successfully torpedoed him instead of giving it to someone far more deserving like Kevin Owens would be a very WWE thing to do yes.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Horseshit, even Al Snow doesn't wanna be Al Snow.

I liked that gif where Al Snow made his "face in peril" hot tag not by crawling toward his partner and making a desperate lunging tag, but by walking up to his partner, wiggling around like he was kinda dizzy, and then just tagging the guy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
dean ambrose is 100% completely able to be rehabilitated into a main event contender however people are conflating 'is able' with people saying 'wwe will do it' which they will not

source for rehabilitate-ness: dolph ziggler is piece of idiot garbage forever but he kicked a dude in his wiener and all u loving idiots are like "lol ziggler is good???"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MotU posted:

source for rehabilitate-ness: dolph ziggler is piece of idiot garbage forever but he kicked a dude in his wiener and all u loving idiots are like "lol ziggler is good???"

i put anyone who said he's good again on block

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

MotU posted:

dean ambrose is 100% completely able to be rehabilitated into a main event contender however people are conflating 'is able' with people saying 'wwe will do it' which they will not

It's actually Corbin being an amazing heel.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

Owns doesn't equal good

The gif of Rusev pointing a gun at detective Dolph owned but Countdown isn't winning an Oscar

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

This is why the match killed him, actually.

It made a lot of folks finally realize that, as said, WWE has no interest in making Ambrose a big name and that they will continue to book like it. Thus folks have continued to divest themselves of interest.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Fire Dolph Ziggler

Re-sign Dog Ziggler

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hey, AJ has won like 1 match since his debut and is considered MEGA OVER and a TOP STAR. By that metric, Ambrose is doing fantastic and should be champ by the time Raw is over tomorrow.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Skaw posted:

Fire Dolph Ziggler

Re-sign Dog Ziggler

Pet of Puppet H

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MotU posted:

ziggler isn't good but that nut shot was great

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

is ziggler finally doing his own brazzers videos

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ziggler isn't good but that nut shot was great

ban this sick fucker

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is why the match killed him, actually.

It made a lot of folks finally realize that, as said, WWE has no interest in making Ambrose a big name and that they will continue to book like it. Thus folks have continued to divest themselves of interest.

As someone who only started watching in December, there really has been a huge difference in Ambrose's crowd pop before and after that Brock match. However, my friend started watching at the same time, and Ambrose is still his favorite wrestler :unsmith: I feel for him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

smell this posted:

ban this sick fucker

Mulaney Power Move posted:

is ziggler finally doing his own brazzers videos

lol whoops

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

dolph ziggler seems like the guy who acts like he is going to drop a huge load, hooting and hollaring, but what comes out is meager and insubstantial. also i'm gay

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The_Rob posted:

I'd rather see him as a psycho tweener who takes on everyone with no alignments. Like he is already except attacking faces too.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Asylum Match = Kennel From Hell

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The journalist who broke the Lesnar news was stripped of his credentials during the UFC fight last night, kicked out of the building before the main event, and told that he and his journalism team were "banned for life".

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Repackage him as Dean "The Stinker" Ambrose and give him Bastion Booger's moveset

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

GrimGypsy posted:

Hey, AJ has won like 1 match since his debut and is considered MEGA OVER and a TOP STAR. By that metric, Ambrose is doing fantastic and should be champ by the time Raw is over tomorrow.

He's still just quite enough to be fed to sate the hunger of Cena.

WWE burnt through credible heels with Cena alone, how quickly are they going to go through people with Cena and Reigns.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

exploding mummy posted:

The journalist who broke the Lesnar news was stripped of his credentials during the UFC fight last night, kicked out of the building before the main event, and told that he and his journalism team were "banned for life".

doesn't dana know there's only one vince mcmahon

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Shine posted:

I liked that gif where Al Snow made his "face in peril" hot tag not by crawling toward his partner and making a desperate lunging tag, but by walking up to his partner, wiggling around like he was kinda dizzy, and then just tagging the guy.

gently caress that loving awful loving match. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sticklefifer posted:

I'd rather see him as a psycho tweener who takes on everyone with no alignments. Like he is already except attacking faces too.

But that's the thing. His psycho tweener thing would suck because he just gets beat up anyway and then does some prop comedy routine. I think he needs some edge back to him and just needs to go full heel. I always liked when he was Johnny moxley because he was just a dirty poor kid who fought to survive. Now he is wacky comedy face who gets beat up all the time.

• Locked thread