Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

they're voting ganny because they won't think it through

He also straight up lied earlier, which is a big mafia no-no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

He also straight up lied earlier, which is a big mafia no-no

?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gannyGrabber posted:

I claimed cop cuz you rb'd me and said you were gonna rb me in perpetuity you dumbo

Infinitum posted:

You claimed cop longggggggggggggggggggggg before I said I was going to RB you again.

Lynch all liars.

##vote gannyGrabber

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

they're voting ganny because they won't think it through

Ok, so he anonymously murdered (not my word, read the flip) arguably one of our more intelligent players, and when he turned out to be 3P owned up to it.

How exactly does that prove he's town? The fact that not even the night kills use that flavor text has me wondering why more people aren't suspicious.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's likely scum killed last night.
It's not likely scum also has an RB if town does.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
vote white noise marine or frog assassin or one of those losers falling through the cracks jesus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
if dongs and I agree on something you know you hosed up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

It's likely scum killed last night.
It's not likely scum also has an RB if town does.

Ok, so let's say you have a player who dayvig's one of your smartest players d1.

He also claims cop d1 and says , "Oops guys guess I'm dead tonight sorry lol."

Is he a town Cop, or a scum Rolecop?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Considering he hasn't been counterclaimed AT ALL I'm inclined to believe him

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
And for the record, just because nobody's counterclaiming the dayvig doesn't mean all that power is under one card. Sounds like a lot of power for one scum role, but if it's two scum working together the other one isn't going to out himself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why would 2 scum be working together?

It's interesting to see newbie play in action, they come up with such wonderful ideas :allears:

(That's a compliment, not an insult)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Adahn1986 posted:

And for the record, just because nobody's counterclaiming the dayvig doesn't mean all that power is under one card. Sounds like a lot of power for one scum role, but if it's two scum working together the other one isn't going to out himself.

So how do you explain away the cop claim? A town cop would claim, knowing they have 100% found scum which is more than cops in Mafia can say a lot of the time. Stop being so obtuse omg.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont think ganny is scum or a cop tbh

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i dont think ganny is scum or a cop tbh

Then what do you think?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

annoying

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

So how do you explain away the cop claim? A town cop would claim, knowing they have 100% found scum which is more than cops in Mafia can say a lot of the time. Stop being so obtuse omg.

A cop who claims day 1. That's before he's investigated anybody. That's a cop who knows he's probably not getting night killed.

Scum Rolecop? The only reason you cop claim day 1 is if you want protection on you. Doc is dead and he keeps reiterating that he's cop, probably to draw off BG and make sure there's night kill success.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Adahn1986 posted:

A cop who claims day 1. That's before he's investigated anybody. That's a cop who knows he's probably not getting night killed.

Scum Rolecop? The only reason you cop claim day 1 is if you want protection on you. Doc is dead and he keeps reiterating that he's cop, probably to draw off BG and make sure there's night kill success.

then where is the real cop?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

not playing this game

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

then where is the real cop?

Doing his job, investigating to reveal when he has information to reveal on scum. Not before.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

not playing this game

Don't be do negative pig. Pig please pig

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

no mayor glowku you dont understand

im not saying im not playing the game im saying the cop is not playing the game

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh my god unless the cop is adahn

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

no mayor glowku you dont understand

im not saying im not playing the game im saying the cop is not playing the game

Ah ok. My bad sorry pig

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dear scum,

nk adahn. hes the cop.

sincerely,

dongs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Adahn1986 posted:

Doing his job, investigating to reveal when he has information to reveal on scum. Not before.

THE COP WOULD ALREADY HAVE FOUND SCUM IF THEY COUNTERCLAIM GANNY OMG.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

oh my god unless the cop is adahn

I hope not.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Is the game limited to one type of power role in the game? With 18 players (and ganny claiming at least 3 power roles) that seems a little strange.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Adahn1986 posted:

Is the game limited to one type of power role in the game? With 18 players (and ganny claiming at least 3 power roles) that seems a little strange.

What are you even talking about

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

What are you even talking about

One investigative/Cop role, one doctor, etc. I've played games with enough people where there were duplicate roles.

Also for ganny he's claiming.

1. Dayvig
2. Cop
3. More power roles if Trump dies

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

dongsbot 9000 posted:

vote white noise marine or frog assassin or one of those losers falling through the cracks jesus

I'm not trying to fall through the cracks I just don't want to lead the charge on anyone else unless I'm certain.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Adahn1986 posted:

One investigative/Cop role, one doctor, etc. I've played games with enough people where there were duplicate roles.

Also for ganny he's claiming.

1. Dayvig
2. Cop
3. More power roles if Trump dies

I'm sure the last thing is just a flavor thing. Also if that's the case why have NO cops come to counter ganny?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

I'm sure the last thing is just a flavor thing. Also if that's the case why have NO cops come to counter ganny?

That's why I was asking if duplicate roles are allowed in SA forum games. I've played games where everyone knew what the roles were going to be going in, this isn't one of them. Is it absolute that there's only ever 1 Cop role with this many players?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Adahn1986 posted:

That's why I was asking if duplicate roles are allowed in SA forum games. I've played games where everyone knew what the roles were going to be going in, this isn't one of them. Is it absolute that there's only ever 1 Cop role with this many players?

Any setup is allowed in SA. Whatever I made is what it is.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Frog Assassin posted:

I'm not trying to fall through the cracks I just don't want to lead the charge on anyone else unless I'm certain.

:justpost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Frog Assassin posted:

Self conscious scum much

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Basically this. It's better to ask clairafying questions and topics of alternative thought than to just stand back and do nothing.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Adahn1986 posted:

from the games i've seen it's pretty standard to have 1 cop and 1 doctor, but it's not required for a game to be set up that way.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Li Dawny posted:

Basically this. It's better to ask clairafying questions and topics of alternative thought than to just stand back and do nothing.

:justpost:

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Self conscious scum much

This is a bit of an over reaction for day two, Kash. I've been pretty lurky, but sometimes it's hard to start to read completely new people. I'm not saying Frog isn't scummy, because I'm not too sure about that, but trying to explain your behavior isn't.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

This is a bit of an over reaction for day two, Kash. I've been pretty lurky, but sometimes it's hard to start to read completely new people. I'm not saying Frog isn't scummy, because I'm not too sure about that, but trying to explain your behavior isn't.

But not saying anything? Because he got some heat from the d1 stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I've apologized for the bad day 1 lynch, roleclaimed, and said that I'd speak up if I saw something that made me certain somebody was scum. The gently caress more do you want. Here, this one is free and unsolicited: I HOPE U DIE NEXT

• Locked thread