Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Mykkel, do you want to take a Debt? I'm willing to take the Debt myself and buy the Conspiracy Theorist for you.

Otherwise I'll just buy everything else and people can argue over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
No skin off my back if you want to just go your own way, Tendales, but I think our current location is a city space, so you can do both your actions here, then move to Arkham on my turn.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Tendales posted:

Jacqueline Fine
If Charlie Kane doesn't have anything better to do with his actions, I'd recommend he start heading to Tokyo. Without any heavy hitters, we might need the monster killing encounters.

Agnes is pretty good at killing monsters out of the box -- SoS with the extra two dice from her ability puts her at a base of 6 dice.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I'll take the debt. You buy the rest.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

No skin off my back if you want to just go your own way, Tendales, but I think our current location is a city space, so you can do both your actions here, then move to Arkham on my turn.

Just to clarify, Tendales could take a train ticket at the current location, because the city has train tracks coming out of it. But you can only get ship tickets at a port.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Take a Bank Loan.
Buy everything except the Conspiracy Theorist.
Give Search the Archives to Daisy Walker.

Does anyone want either Mineralogy Research or Elder Sign?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Diana should probably get the Elder Sign. I can take the Mineralogy Research if no one else is in a better position to use it.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Stelas posted:

TURN 1 ACTION PHASE, CONT.

Technically, you can't do this. Finn comes later in the turn order than you do - as such, your actions come before he moves you to Arkham. I'll hold off on your and Finn's actions in case you both want to organize around each other.

Oh, hurr, misread the turn order. I'll take a train ticket before I leave then.

Also, I want the conspiracy theorist if I can get him.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 8, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mykkel's called dibs on Conspiracy Theorist.

Give Diana the Elder Sign and Finn Mineralogy Research.
Get a Ship ticket.

City Encounter.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

City Encounter.[/b]

Just to be sure - do you mean a City Generic encounter, or a San Fran?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I, uh.

There's a difference? :psyduck:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
North American or Generic, I think he means?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I, uh.

There's a difference? :psyduck:

San Fran encounters, as the city says, are more likely to offer improvements to Observation. However, there's a 'Generic City' option - usually drawn when you end your turn on a non-major City - and you do technically have the option to go for that, if you'd like. One is not strictly better than the other but the actual locations tend to have more effects.

Charlie hands out loot, picking up a Loan and a Ship Ticket.
The reserve refreshes.
Diana picks up the Conspiracy Theorist and a Loan.
The reserve refreshes again.
Jacqueline grabs a train ticket, and acquires assets. (Influence: 1 4)
Finn moves himself and Jacqueline to Arkham, then moves on to London.

Action Queue
- Jacqueline: Acquire assets (0 successes)

Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2. 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ship Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2. 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1. 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3. 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity. 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3. 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3. 6/6 Health, 6/6 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

What's a Funding condition?

SF Encounter

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A Funding can either nullify taking a Debt, or it can be discarded instead of taking a debt. On a Reckoning you can choose to flip the card (with the implication that your funds have matured, or maybe have vanished).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

And I discharge my Debt by taking an Action, is that correct?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yup, Influence test. Doesn't matter where you are. Theoretically, someone else on your space could do it for you, you know, if you wanted to gimp yourself.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No no, that's okay, I'm more than happy to test my own Influence.

I have a feeling I will be doing nothing else all game.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Dibs on the Mystic Bounty Hunter! :v:

That'll put me up into the 8 dice range for spells and combat, which should let me be pretty flexible in helping out around the board.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So uh, hey, what random Tome asset did I (Daisy) get from Search the Archives?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tricky posted:

Dibs on the Mystic Bounty Hunter! :v:

That'll put me up into the 8 dice range for spells and combat, which should let me be pretty flexible in helping out around the board.

You're welcome to it, but I'm not planning on buying anything this next turn.

I'm planning on taking a trip to Tokyo and discharging my Debt.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops, sorry, I thought it was a Task, not a Service.

Daisy draws the Arcane Tome (and her sheet has been updated).

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

You're welcome to it, but I'm not planning on buying anything this next turn.

I'm planning on taking a trip to Tokyo and discharging my Debt.

For sure, I'm planning on buying it myself.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm just waiting on Tendales to confirm purchases and then we're good. 0 successes, but you could still get a Loan.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacky will take a debt, and the investment and the kerosene

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

e: Sorry, I'm stupid, you can't use the Investment on purchase. Hurr I can read cards.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Jacqueline pours too much money into an Investment, and... ... tries to... drown her sorrows?

Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2. 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ship Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2. 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1. 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3. 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity. 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3. 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3. 6/6 Health, 6/6 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I should have the kerosene, too. More to cycle out the cards than out of any need. I'm sure that someone will need lighting on fire eventually.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tendales posted:

I should have the kerosene, too. More to cycle out the cards than out of any need. I'm sure that someone will need lighting on fire eventually.

Fixed up, sorry! Bit rusty.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 1 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

Charlie Kane

San Francisco posted:

Inspector Jack Manion is looking for information about the Tongs in Chinatown. If you can help him, he'll teach you the basics of police work in exchange. You may spend 1 Clue to improve Observation.
Agnes Baker

Rome posted:

The Vatican Library is so vast! You ask a librarian for a recommendation. (Influence: 1 2 2)
Diana Stanley

Mysterious Disappearance posted:

A number of tourists have disappeared from a local inn during the night. The innkeeper isn't cooperating with the police, and you suspect foul play. You sneak into the inn at night to investigate. (Observation: 3 5 6) You discover a hidden door in the basement that leads down to an underground laboratory. (Lore: 2 2 4 5) If you pass, you recognize the experiments as alien in nature. Place this Clue on the active Mystery.
Jacqueline Fine

Arkham posted:

You try to gain access to an experiment at the University's Science Building. (Influence-1: 2) If you fail, you sneak in but are caught in the experiment: gain a Lost in Space and Time condition..

:cthulhu: Yo, what? That's a rough card out of nowhere.
Daisy Walker

Rome posted:

In a hidden room beneath the Colosseum, you find an ancient creature that once fought gladiators. Somehow, the terrible beast has survived and attacks you on sight. (Strength: 5) If you pass, you fend it off successfully.
Finn Edwards

London posted:

You search for the arcane symbols that permeate the city's architecture. (Observation: 3 4 5) If you pass, you use the city as a magical beacon - move up to 2 Clues on the board to London.
Finn also completes his Courier Run.

Courier Run posted:

You are guided into the inner room of the large mansion and instructed to sit in one of two large armchairs flanking the fireplace. You recognize a brass relief above the mantle as the symbol of the Silver Twilight Lodge. In the chair opposite you sits Carl Sanford. He inspects the parcel you've delivered before offering you the assistance of the Lodge. Gain 2 Spells or 2 random Weapon assets from the deck.
Action Queue
- Jacqueline: Spend Clue?
- Finn: Move Clues?
- Finn: Select Reward.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Haha, whaaaaat. I'll save the clue. Losing a turn sucks, but there's worse things out there.

Kind of a crap batch of encounters all around, huh?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Move the clues to London, we've got a ton of people there.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

LiTaS legit sucks and I dislike the whole mechanics of it. On the other hand you guys ticked the Mystery, have a way to grab the other clues to London to keep ticking the Mystery, and have drawn... what, a grand total of 8 assets now?

(If Finn had failed his roll he was also looking at drawing a LiTaS, but in his case that would have been hilarious because it'd block his courier run.)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Stelas posted:

(If Finn had failed his roll he was also looking at drawing a LiTaS, but in his case that would have been hilarious because it'd block his courier run.)

[That would have been infuriating!]

[Sucking the clues on 14 and 20 to London, and I'll take the weapons.]

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Mythos update will be in a couple of hours.

e: Orrrr a bit longer. I forgot that the module doesn't have text on Mythos cards, and it'll be a bit before I'm home.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 8, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Jacqueline is Lost in Space and Time!
Finn collects the Axe and the Blunderbuss.

TURN 1 - MYTHOS PHASE

A Mythos card is drawn.

quote:

The Bermuda Triangle - Yellow: Omen, Reckoning, Spawn Gate

These sudden thunderstorms have grown more common. Twice a day, rain that smells like seawater floods the streets, and cold winds that cut like glass threaten to pull doors off their hinges.

Each investigator rolls 1 die. On a 1 or 2, he moves to space 8 and becomes Delayed.
The Omen moves to Blue.
There is a Reckoning.

Reckoning posted:

The Warlock's curse fires, affecting Diana! (Warlock roll: 1)
Charlie's Debt is collected!

An Unfortunate Accident posted:

Your lenders seemed forgiving when you told them you couldn't return the money you borrowed. Soon after the meeting, some intimidating thugs remind you it isn't good to abuse others' trust. Lose 1 Health and gain a Leg Injury Condition, then discard this card.
Diana's Conspiracy Theorist comes up with some crackpot new ideas, giving her a Clue! (4)
Diana's Debt is collected!

Debt Collector posted:

The man in the silk suit hands you a large stack of papers. "I believe you'll find this offer quite reasonable." His smile reminds you of a shark. It's clear that he will not take "no" for an answer. (Influence: 5 5) If you fail, discard 2 Item possessions. Then, discard this card.

Diana's Arcane Manuscripts are repossessed!
Jacqueline is Lost in Time and Space, and is not affected by Reckoning effects.
A Gate spawns in Miskatonic Outpost, together with a Wendigo.

The group, minus Jacqueline, roll for the Mythos event. (4 6 1 6 2) Diana and Finn are moved to the Bermuda triangle and Delayed!

TURN 2 - ACTION PHASE

Action Queue
- Charlie, Agnes, Daisy: 2 actions.

:cthulhu: Note that Jacqueline is Lost in Time and Space, so can't Flesh Ward Charlie. Generally speaking, I'll let you decide afterwards whether to use spells of that fashion.

Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2 - 3/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ship Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 6/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 8, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
[I can either head back to London and work on the Mystery, or I can take my new axe and shotgun and go fight monsters in Antarctica. I'd appreciate the Enchanted Blade and/or Holy Cross if I'm doing the latter. Next turn, I mean.]

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 8, 2016

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Wow. that Curse was poorly timed.

Go kill the monsters in Antartica.

Diana was disoriented, she had gone to sleep in Buenos Aires, having surrendered her manuscripts to the bruiser that was holding Alexandro Jimenez's
debts. Alexandro had been correct on the alien experiments in the Senator Kane had shipped her an interesting trinket that was supposed to assist in matters of will.
But she had awoken on a beach, Alexandro curled up on her right. She wasn't sure where she was, but this was not Argentina.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 8, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh, all the stuff is on the status pictures, awesome.

I'm not super into getting more conditions and letting the next Reckoning maybe kill me.

Do we still need me to go to Tokyo?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

I think Charlie should stay put, and acquire assets.

Next turn, should Diana head back to Buenos Aires, head towards Antartica, or head somewhere else?

• Locked thread