Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any opinions on the new version of Hard Reset? I only played like a demo of the original I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

PBS Newshour posted:

The fact that there is actually a Walden game is simultaneously one of the funniest and stupidest things I ever heard.

Wikipedia posted:

Adaptations
Video game

The National Endowment for the Arts in 2012 bestowed the University of Southern California with a $40,000 grant to create, based on the book, an online video game called Walden, a Game,[32] in which players "will inhabit an open, three-dimensional game world which will simulate the geography and environment of Walden Woods".[33]

Just a Minecraft mod

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Space Cop is one of the worst movies ever made.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Mann posted:

Space Cop is one of the worst movies ever made.

You've cracked the code.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sakurazuka posted:

Any opinions on the new version of Hard Reset? I only played like a demo of the original I think.
It's pretty good because they added the dash moves from Shadow Warrior and they have no cooldown so you can just dash in every direction all the time. This added the much needed mobility to the game so now you can easily avoid the bigger enemies' attacks and herd the smaller ones. Maybe it's even too easy now while earlier the game was a bit too hard.

Graphically it's not that much improved but it looks alright, a bit dated but competent and the weapons' animations are as amusing as they were at release and the particle effects/explosions/electrocusions are still good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

LawfulWaffle posted:

Just a Minecraft mod

I was just trying to think of the most pretentious yet plausible game idea out there. Next thing you are going to tell me that there is a Dante's Inferno game out there

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

PBS Newshour posted:

I was just trying to think of the most pretentious yet plausible game idea out there. Next thing you are going to tell me that there is a Dante's Inferno game out there

I got bad news buddy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PBS Newshour posted:

Well, half a game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

I got bad news buddy

I have to imagine that was a "joke"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I am glad that we are living in the zenith of open-world games, such that James Joyce's Ulysses can finally be adapted as the video game it was destined to become.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
you don't even really need typhoon, 2 emp grenades and a combat rifle w/ a damage mod or two slaps the poo poo out of barrett/fedorova

use the laser rifle against the final two boss fights tho since walls

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Well, half a game

Now that walking sims and psychological horror is in vogue you could probably do a horror walking thing around inferno. It'd be hard to gently caress up.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

exquisite tea posted:

I am glad that we are living in the zenith of open-world games, such that James Joyce's Ulysses can finally be adapted as the video game it was destined to become.

House of Leaves

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dante's Inferno is dope for precisely the first half and crap for the last half.

It's basically God of Ghouls and Ghosts. Satan stole your rockin' set of tits and you gotta go massacre the legions of hell to get them back. The best thing is, the devil just acts like a douchebag who kicked sand in your face on the beach and stole your girlfriend, so there's this absurd camp quality undercutting the literal transcriptions from the poem.

The game is shallow as gently caress and totally ran out of money after Gluttony and the last boss is SO loving BAD but I have a strange fondness for the game anyway. Dante himself has very amusing facial expressions, and teh design for Cleopatra was...memorable...to say the least.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

corn in the bible posted:

House of Leaves
House of *leaves*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Trail would make for a great video game in the hands of the right people. And by that I mean Phoenix Wright should be transported into the world of The Trial

House of Leaves

Just for the house stuff or would you keep the post modern multiple narratives/narrators thing?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

House of Leaves

Make sure the roof is the correct size or you'll have a House of Eaves

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
From what I know of House of Leaves, wouldn't PT (and the now cancelled Allison Road) more or less fit the same mold?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Watching gameplay videos of the new Mirror's Edge and that awful red directional "go here" ribbon kind of ruins everything about the visuals. It sticks out like a sore thumb and feels to go against the whole open-world parkour style.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The game has an option to set Runner Vision to "classic" which highlights colors and doesn't show the trail.

edit: The guide trail thing is almost the one complaint I would say is unfair against the game. Most other things are like eh it's not great

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you can turn it off i think but that won't make mirror's edge 2 a good game

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Gotta be an H-game, with raunchy scenes like these:

Ulysses Chapter 13 - Nausicca posted:

And Jacky Caffrey shouted to look, there was another and she leaned back and the garters were blue to match on account of the transparent and they all saw it and shouted to look, look there it was and she leaned back ever so far to see the fireworks and something queer was flying about through the air, a soft thing to and fro, dark. And she saw a long Roman candle going up over the trees up, up, and, in the tense hush, they were all breathless with excitement as it went higher and higher and she had to lean back more and more to look up after it, high, high, almost out of sight, and her face was suffused with a divine, an entrancing blush from straining back and he could see her other things too, nainsook knickers, the fabric that caresses the skin, better than those other pettiwidth, the green, four and eleven, on account of being white and she let him and she saw that he saw and then it went so high it went out of sight a moment and she was trembling in every limb from being bent so far back he had a full view high up above her knee no-one ever not even on the swing or wading and she wasn't ashamed and he wasn't either to look in that immodest way like that because he couldn't resist the sight of the wondrous revealment half offered like those skirt-dancers behaving so immodest before gentlemen looking and he kept on looking, looking. She would fain have cried to him chokingly, held out her snowy slender arms to him to come, to feel his lips laid on her white brow the cry of a young girl's love, a little strangled cry, wrung from her, that cry that has rung through the ages. And then a rocket sprang and bang shot blind and O! then the Roman candle burst and it was like a sigh of O! and everyone cried O!O! in raptures and it gushed out of it a stream of rain gold hair threads and they shed and ah! they were all greeny dewy stars falling with golden, O so lively! O so soft, sweet, soft!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
O!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I keep telling myself I'm gonna stop playing Pocket Card Jockey, but...

Maybe the new Kirby Game will break this cute horse game's death grip on my free time

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LawfulWaffle posted:

Gotta be an H-game, with raunchy scenes like these:

This excerpt speaks to me.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

All gAmes must bow before the one true God: rocket league

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thanks to the thread and GOG having a sale I snagged Witcher III for only £17. I am going to give this a try tonight if I manage to pull myself away from heavily modded Fallout4 (Easily my favourite fallout game!)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I dream of a 3DS version of Rocket League called Pocket League.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Thanks to the thread and GOG having a sale I snagged Witcher III for only £17. I am going to give this a try tonight if I manage to pull myself away from heavily modded Fallout4 (Easily my favourite fallout game!)

If you liked Fallout 4, I'm not really sure you'll like Witcher 3, since the latter basically is the exact opposite of the former.

The only advice I'll give you: put points into your delusion ability and if you simulate a Witcher 2 save, you'll be asked some questions at some point. Always choose the answer that doesn't involve you killing somebody, particularly a character named "Letho". You will not be disappointed if you do this.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Remember a few months ago when people were saying that ME2 would suck because they would totally make it into a shooter? And then it turned out that they removed guns entirely but it still apparently sucks.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

GOG Is giving away free system shock 2? I clicked it but I can't download

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

also if you put points in jedi mind trick make sure you put the skill in one of your Can Use skill slots or you won't be able to use it in conversations i think ??

witcher 3's skill system suuuuuuuucks

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/LGT9PrwRHdY

Finally, a good Sonic game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

Remember a few months ago when people were saying that ME2 would suck because they would totally make it into a shooter? And then it turned out that they removed guns entirely but it still apparently sucks.

I haven't played it but From what I understand they removed guns but kept forced fights against people with guns which doesn't seem like the way they should have done it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

GOG Is giving away free system shock 2? I clicked it but I can't download

You have to do it via the GOG Galaxy client. It's a bit like steam.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If you liked Fallout 4, I'm not really sure you'll like Witcher 3, since the latter basically is the exact opposite of the former.

I am sure I will enjoy something. I have played many games and there has only been one I could say I have actually disliked playing.

The rest I could still give positives about and been thankful for having experienced it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

They removed guns but added a lot of other bad ideas so its disappointing. I won't lose sleep over it though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

I haven't played it but From what I understand they removed guns but kept forced fights against people with guns which doesn't seem like the way they should have done it.

They lock you in arenas where you cant even work up the speed to use your momentum based attacks to one shot guys

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

I thought you were talking about mass effect but oddly enough it still sorta works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

VideoGames posted:

I am sure I will enjoy something. I have played many games and there has only been one I could say I have actually disliked playing.

The rest I could still give positives about and been thankful for having experienced it.

What was the one? Don't leave us hanging, VG

• Locked thread