Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So much yelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think that poo poo alone cements this as one of the worst E3 shows in history wtf was that poo poo

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
EA spent money on these highly relatable youtubers.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Did this stream cut out and a Youtube Poop video start?

i hope so

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm never buying anything made by ea for a year

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Worst EA show ever.
Where were the loving games?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

That was bad

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

These people are getting paid money for this. Probably more than I make.:smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Teikanmi posted:

does anyone even know who these people are?

I imagine teenagers probably do

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
did you guys keep the stream open?
why. do you really wanna see pasty people who never grew up with horrible opinions on games, give you their paid for opinions on how exciting it all looks.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Lowest amount of gameplay in a presser?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

AngelesXO posted:

Lowest amount of gameplay in a presser?

Lowest amount SO FAR

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

happyhippy posted:

Worst EA show ever.

BUT THEY BROUGHT BACK THE MAKO!!!!!1111 1ST DAY PURCHASE SUCK IT IF YOU CAN'T ENJOY BRIEF GLIMPSES OF A VEHICLE!!!!!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

That is literally every AAA war game, ever.

To be a bit serious in this thread that doesn't deserve it; fetishizing World War I into a standard run and shot action hero thing feels worse than most. WWII had that occurring right from the start and so it's become kind of culturally ingrained. That war also had the advantage of the most blatant wartime villains in recent human history. WWI was just hosed up left, right, and center.

So yeah, it happens in every war game, but this time the discrepancy really stands out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Go to this website www dot youtube dot com to find more like them! Maybe you too can become a sensation, old man!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All I wanted was to know more about Mass Effect and EA couldn't even deliver that. Nothing else they are making looked interested. Everything about Battlefield 1 looks really underwhelming.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

happyhippy posted:

Worst EA show ever.

the shadow realm next year

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Kaz Hirai's tweets about EA's conference are amazing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
ok thats over. I wasn’t expecting anything but i’m still disappointed my bioware friends didn’t get to see any gameplay for their space dating game.

next is bethesda at 10:00. I have MUCH higher hopes for that show.

also… maybe… we could talk about some elder scrolls? just a little bit? not asking for much just like let me know ok?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They did say they are going to show people playing the game, right?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Looking foward to Ubisoft's conference, to be honest. EA's has always been boring and crap. Ubisoft's are at least entertaining one way or another.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
The skate 4 trailer they showed was the best part

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

SeANMcBAY posted:

those people in charge of the two youtube channels mentioned probably earn more then your yearly salary in one week

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

BUT THEY BROUGHT BACK THE MAKO!!!!!1111 1ST DAY PURCHASE SUCK IT IF YOU CAN'T ENJOY BRIEF GLIMPSES OF A VEHICLE!!!!!

Sorry you can't handle how epically amazing that video was... they had the f**king Mako in it... wow, just amazing to see.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Where is the video game

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That mass effect thing sure was bad for a game that is supposed to be out in less than a year.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well I'll see you fuckos in five hours, I hope I'm drunk by then.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The gaming industry fall apart or what. I hope it's all saved for Microsoft or Sony as exclusives. Otherwise, shame on ea for even showing up.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Mordja posted:

If you call that living.

I was hoping for a shock "oh yeah Burnout [whatever number]!!!" thing but man we're all in on loving Stair Wars now.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Erata posted:

Where is the video game

BF1 servers crashed

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Random Stranger posted:

To be a bit serious in this thread that doesn't deserve it; fetishizing World War I into a standard run and shot action hero thing feels worse than most. WWII had that occurring right from the start and so it's become kind of culturally ingrained. That war also had the advantage of the most blatant wartime villains in recent human history. WWI was just hosed up left, right, and center.

So yeah, it happens in every war game, but this time the discrepancy really stands out.

See I kind of feel the same in all seriousness. I had no idea if it was because I was re-reading "The First Casualty" or not though.

That post (either in this thread or the GBS one) about the crowd cheering as someone suffocates in mustard gas to a skrillex remix is spot-on though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Well, it certainly looks like they have no confidence in Mass Effect at all. That looked like an early preview and the game is supposed to be out in less than a year?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Sakurazuka posted:

They called the fifth Battlefield Battlefield 1

:eyepop:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Are people watching a different stream than I am because its just the EA logo with elevator music

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
ok so seriously when does the EA stream start?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Bethesda Press Conference Predictions:

-A victory lap for Doom actually not sucking that consists of a hastily-assembled teaser that just spends 90 seconds slowly revealing a Quake 1 logo
-Skyrim for modern consoles that supports mods
-Finally making that sequel to X-Car
-Wolfenstein 2 is set in the 80s, the trailer is set to Devo's Whip It

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jimbot posted:

Looking foward to Ubisoft's conference, to be honest. EA's has always been boring and crap. Ubisoft's are at least entertaining one way or another.

them and bethesda and maybe sony are what i am looking forward too. EA was alright, not great though.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are people watching a different stream than I am because its just the EA logo with elevator music

I would've taken 2 hours of elevator music over all that garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

:vince:

• Locked thread