Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Gonna go with ||||||| but stylized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

KongGeorgeVII posted:

My first guess was "then" and upside down it's "now".

Yep, it looks like the tattooist pulled it from FlipScript Ambigram Maker and just added the shading.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

MorgaineDax posted:

I drive by the sketchiest looking tattoo shop every day, and I finally looked it up on Facebook. So glad I did.

Your post reminded me of a shop in my town. It originally started out as a t-shirt shop (think something along the lines of Spencers or a less goth Hot Topic) that offered tatts and body piercing on the side, and eventually they did away with the t-shirt poo poo and stuck to the body mods. They probably would have been better off sticking with the t-shirts.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Your post reminded me of a shop in my town. It originally started out as a t-shirt shop (think something along the lines of Spencers or a less goth Hot Topic) that offered tatts and body piercing on the side, and eventually they did away with the t-shirt poo poo and stuck to the body mods. They probably would have been better off sticking with the t-shirts.

Going by the Facebook pics of the one in my neighborhood, not only do they sell clothes, but they also have a pool table and sell sex toys.

And their release form is written in comic sans.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yep, it looks like the tattooist pulled it from FlipScript Ambigram Maker and just added the shading.

Why do idiots like this stuff so much? Not a one of them are legible.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This looks like art from a 90s comic book.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

This looks like art from a 90s comic book.

Not enough pouches

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
http://i.imgur.com/p9DXPCk.jpg

Possibly :nws:

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

MorgaineDax posted:

I drive by the sketchiest looking tattoo shop every day, and I finally looked it up on Facebook. So glad I did.

My guess was Thug, but I can't figure out the flipped side

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I thought that upside down it was 'Hate' which would make the normal side 'Love', but the more I look at it the less I can figure it out. I really want to know now :-(

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

uXs posted:

I thought that upside down it was 'Hate' which would make the normal side 'Love', but the more I look at it the less I can figure it out. I really want to know now :-(

It says 'jack' and 'rear end'.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
I thought it said Flinn / Hayl. Makes as much sense as anything else.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
JAnn/piAGL

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Crust First posted:

I thought it said Flinn / Hayl. Makes as much sense as anything else.

Could be trailed trash names, where Hayl is short for Haylee.

E: reverse image search didn't find it but it did give me these "visually similar" images

Maybe :nws:
http://imgur.com/rzX7ka8.jpg

Possibly covering up cutting scars, it more likely just stupid "dna"

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 13:11 on Jun 13, 2016

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Please tell me this was part of the pretty designs for women list

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That's a pretty looking bruise

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

One from a local tattooer.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Guy plays videogame, gun gets removed from videogame, guy gets memorial tattoo for gun.

Now, gun gets added back to videogame!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

synthetik posted:

Guy plays videogame, gun gets removed from videogame, guy gets memorial tattoo for gun.

Now, gun gets added back to videogame!

The gently caress kind of gun even is that?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I always wish my face had "RUG" written across it.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
All from the same shop -

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Endless Mike posted:

I always wish my face had "RUG" written across it.

This is Lesya Toumaniantz.

I suppose knowing that - as far as I know - they're still together is a small comfort.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Seeing that face tattoo, it says RUSLAN but the logo on the pic spells it rouslan. Did he misspell his own name as he ruined that girls face?

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Cyrillic has multiple ways to transliterate?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whyyyyy does this eyeball have eyelashes inside it??

BjornOfBorg posted:

Cyrillic has multiple ways to transliterate?
Yeah but why would someone use different ones on their watermark and on the actual tattoo?

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

I'm assuming that since it says "As seen on BME.com" that it was BME.com that added that watermark, not the tattoo artist himself.

ETA:

BME.com posted:

Edit/Update: People have asked why it says “RUSLAN” when I’m writing his name as “Rouslan”. It’s simply because one is the French spelling, and the other is the Russian/English spelling of the name — they chose the latter because it fit better on her face.

super size soft serve has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Jun 13, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Gonna be a difficult coverup job when she tuns 18 and changes her name to something not ridiculous

Thin Privilege posted:

Possibly covering up cutting scars, it more likely just stupid "dna"

This is so pretentious it hurts

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Whyyyyy does this eyeball have eyelashes inside it??

It also has the worst case of myosis ever.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Man, this page is so depressing.

Here is a palate cleanser:

Every time I see that poor lady's face... :(

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

captainOrbital posted:

Man, this page is so depressing.

Here is a palate cleanser:

Every time I see that poor lady's face... :(

Dani Queiopo(sp) is my favourite! :swoon:

When I first saw their tattoos I thought they were photoshopping the contrast into their cause the work is just so drat bold it's unbelievable. drat amazing artists over in Europe that won't visit me!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Yeah, I've been obsessed with his work for a little while. I guess I'll just have to somehow end up in London in the next couple years.

Edit: On the other hand...

captainOrbital has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Jun 13, 2016

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

captainOrbital posted:

Yeah, I've been obsessed with his work for a little while. I guess I'll just have to somehow end up in London in the next couple years.

Eddie?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

captainOrbital posted:

Whoa, you're into Maiden?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's clearly Carol! :colbert:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Iron Crowned posted:

Whoa, you're into Maiden?

I promise I'll post my Carol Maiden tattoo in one of the threads, depending on how it turns out.

Which reminds me, I need to call Great Lakes again.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

captainOrbital posted:

I promise I'll post my Carol Maiden tattoo in one of the threads, depending on how it turns out.

well, I definitely want to see it, but my post was from an episode of Beavis and Butthead. The correct response is "yeah, they're killer."

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

The gently caress kind of gun even is that?

Gjallarhorn, rocket launcher from Destiny. I'm ashamed to know that, but the tattoo holds true, RIP terrible game.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

captainOrbital posted:

Oh dope, who're you seeing there?

SaNChEzZ posted:

Gjallarhorn, rocket launcher from Destiny. I'm ashamed to know that, but the tattoo holds true, RIP terrible game.

:barf:

I thought it looked familiar since I used to ball on vanilla/Crota's Destiny back in the day, but jesus, really, someone got a Destiny tattoo? :psyduck: to the max.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh dope, who're you seeing there?
:barf:

BEATDOWN

I just rode my bike there and back, and managed to somehow miss all the rain that hit the northwest side, plus it suddenly became drastically cooler on the Kennedy. We discussed what I wanted, and I'll be back down there in a week.

Or I guess I could just ask my cousin to give me a Tinkerbell in his kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

captainOrbital posted:

BEATDOWN

I just rode my bike there and back, and managed to somehow miss all the rain that hit the northwest side, plus it suddenly became drastically cooler on the Kennedy. We discussed what I wanted, and I'll be back down there in a week.

Or I guess I could just ask my cousin to give me a Tinkerbell in his kitchen.

Nice, I dig his stuff. Different colour palate than Mario/Nick, and that's tight. Some of his roses are sweet.

I didn't even know it rained, hah, although I'm in the Medical District right now :shrug: