Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If you don't know what a party is it's probably a libertarian vote funnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Can someone warm up the "gently caress JOE HILDEBRAND" gif please?

He's been named as moderator for the Facebook debate on Friday, 6PM I assume EST.

It's the HOOMAN SIGNAL!

*spits on hands and rubs them together*

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Cartoon posted:

Gun control. Nobody needs these sort of weapons and someone who is 'known to authorities' should never get a license. This is a huge clarion call for gun control in America. Watch it go nowhere as people focus on the radical Islam angle.
!

A radical Muslim committed the attack in the name of ISIS. Radical Muslims have shot up a bunch of people in Australia. But sure let's ignore that and blame the gun, because those people would be less dead if he's thrown a few Molotov in through the window then blocked the door.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Yeah. That's exactly like blaming the internet for LibertyCat post. What we really should be doing is removing radical LibertyCats from Australia completely.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Is there a plugin that replaces the words radical islam with the picture of the skateboarder?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

If only we had blamed radical weirdos, wets and losers then port arthur might have never had to happen again and again wait

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Getting real sad thinking about those poor guns who never got a chance to shoot things because we were too bigoted and scared to let them into the country

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
This is much better than talking to an idiot.

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/sammy-js-playground-politics/LE1525V001S00#playing

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
lol

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
It's easier to stop radical Muslim immigration than to make 300 million guns disappear.

If the US had similar gun ownership rates to aus and they were registered than a ban is feasible. With that many, no chance.

Oh yeah, NZ has AR15s (which are not assault rifles)
as well and they aren't drowning in blood.

LibertyCat fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 14, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

LibertyCat posted:

It's easier to stop radical Muslim immigration than to make 300 million guns disappear.

If the US had similar gun ownership rates to aus and they were registered than a ban is feasible. With that many, no chance.

lmao

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

AR-15s are legal here if you've got one with a small magazine, aren't they?

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

LibertyCat posted:

"It's difficult" and "It's going to take a long time" should never be persuasive arguments against doing something worthwhile. Whether it's gun laws or the NBN.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
Sure, but "it will take an enormous amount of resources that would have a far larger benefit elsewhere" is.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

aren't most refugees fleeing radical islam terrorism though

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Jintor posted:

No they're all obviously sleeper agents trying to take our booze and pork away from us.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Kat Delacour posted:

I'd like to go through worthy minors in the senate ticket before hitting Labour and Coalition, and the hardest part is going to be knowing who to not number, or even if I should shove them below majors in some order to avoid fundies deciding an exhausted vote. Is there a guide I can look to before the election, or should I just go to Greens volunteers on election day? I've never actually taken a how to vote so I don't know if they even cover the senate. I'm in VIC.

Beware the "health Australia party", it's rebranded from the "natural medicine party"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Not once we finish torturing them in tropical hell-holes.

Speaking of which, it's bullshit that there's no democracy sausage at prepoll booths.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

No they're all obviously sleeper agents trying to take our booze and pork away from us.

Don't forget halal-ise our Vegemite!

The simple solution is for everybody to become white christian and hetrosexual. Then we can enjoy all the guns because there'll be no bad people!

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

LibertyCat posted:

Sure, but "it will take an enormous amount of resources that would have a far larger benefit elsewhere" is.

The govt could spend 1% less on defence and have plenty of cash. And if keeping ordinary people alive isn't a big enough benefit for you, then I suggest you apply for the one way Mars mission.

wombat74
Sep 30, 2005

Corporate Fat Cat
One of the HoR candidates for my electorate is from the Animal Justice Party. The awesomely appropriately named Kristin Bacon

edit: BREAKING EMAIL FROM LIBERAL HQ!

The Office Whose Former Director Stole Over A Million posted:

wombat74,

Today the Institute of Public Affairs has revealed 31,000 Victorian jobs will be lost or put at risk if Labor is elected.

Under a Shorten Labor government, 31,000 Victorian families will be under threat. 31,000 families will struggle without the security of employment - everyday things like paying bills, buying new school uniforms and filling the car with petrol become harder.

We cannot stand by and let this happen.

Can you help us protect Victorians from Labor's reckless policies?
Contribute $10

Labor's economic and fiscal chaos would be a disaster for Victoria.

Only the Turnbull Liberal Team has a Plan for a Strong New Economy which will provide growth, jobs and a secure future.

Thanks for your support,

Simon Frost
State Director
Liberal Party of Australia (Victorian Division)

Well, if the IPA says it's true...

wombat74 fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 14, 2016

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jintor posted:

And most gun deaths aren't the result of terrorism, but that kind of thinking isn't going to Make America Great Again.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

chaos rhames posted:

If you don't know what a party is it's probably a libertarian vote funnel.
The one that wants to run Australia through a bitcoin blockchain definitely is.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
LibertyCat I think you missed this earlier, regarding your claim that this was the worst massacre in US history

Skellybones posted:

Actually I looked this up and the worst massacre in US history, on US soil, was either Fort Pillow (White Christians killing black people) or Wounded Knee (White Christians killing natives).

Hope this helps

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

thatbastardken posted:

Not once we finish torturing them in tropical hell-holes.

Speaking of which, it's bullshit that there's no democracy sausage at prepoll booths.

There's no democracy sausages with my postal vote :(

wombat74
Sep 30, 2005

Corporate Fat Cat

iajanus posted:

Somebody mail this poor patriot a sausage

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

iajanus posted:

In an ideal world, all postal-voting citizens would receive a postal democracy sausage in return.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

LibertyCat posted:

!

A radical Muslim committed the attack in the name of ISIS. Radical Muslims have shot up a bunch of people in Australia. But sure let's ignore that and blame the gun, because those people would be less dead if he's thrown a few Molotov in through the window then blocked the door.

Don't use the deaths of four dozen members of my community to justify your racism, fuckwit

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

EXAKT Science posted:

Don't use the deaths of four dozen members of my community to justify your racism, fuckwit

islam isnt a race and further more faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I like how friendlyjordies recent videos have just devolved into him yelling at the camera.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

quote:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-14/election-live-blog-june-14/7506754
PM pledges 'zero tolerance' for anti-gay preacher

Today both leaders have been asked about the visa of British anti-gay preacher Farrokh Sekaleshfar, who is currently in Earlwood, Sydney.

The Islamic cleric has been quoted as describing death as an appropriate sentence for homosexuality.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton has asked his department to conduct a review into the preacher's visa.

He said he had "zero tolerance" for people who come to Australia to preach hate.

"As you know this is a legal matter and has to be dealt with in the appropriate way but his visa is being reviewed at the request, the direction I should say, of the Minister even as we speak."

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten said the cleric was not welcome in Australia.

"Let's call it straight. We've got a character test in our visas. I think the Government needs to get onto it quick smart and this person, in my opinion, is not welcome in Australia holding those abhorrent views."

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Anidav posted:

I like how friendlyjordies recent videos have just devolved into him yelling at the camera.

To be fair as I read the news nowadays I end up just yelling at the screen with how loving brain dead everyone must be to keep believing this crap.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lol reactionary justification against Islam (again)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Recoome posted:

lol reactionary justification against Islam (again)

Meh, in honesty gently caress this guy. We get rightly pissed when anti-vaccination preachers or Christian fundamentalists calling for murder get kicked to the curb here. It's not a good sign to be a moral relativist about these things when the morals espoused by the individuals are abhorrent.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Anidav posted:

devolved?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Lid posted:

Meh, in honesty gently caress this guy. We get rightly pissed when anti-vaccination preachers or Christian fundamentalists calling for murder get kicked to the curb here. It's not a good sign to be a moral relativist about these things when the morals espoused by the individuals are abhorrent.

I don't think being in favour of an immigration department that isn't run on an ad-hoc basis counts as moral relativism.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Too bad they can't kick all the fundie christians into to sea as well

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lid posted:

Yes but when does this really even happen?

I mean literally MPs and prominent public figures have this absolutely awful views and no-one bats an eyelid, but better start kicking out all the bad brownskins they are so degenerate. I'm not excusing the bad opinions/whatever it's just ironic how this comes out now, after there's been a mass shooting against LGBTIQ+ in the US by someone who happens to be Muslim.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

open24hours posted:

I don't think being in favour of an immigration department that isn't run on an ad-hoc basis counts as moral relativism.

We can do the debate about how Chris Brown was different from Eminem again, but this doesn't seem to be much of a hill to die on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

LibertyCat posted:

i'm glad you've finally realised that torturing refugees is bad

• Locked thread