Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Coolguye posted:

Also Samuel :allears:
I look forward to Corvo teaching Emily the ancient ways of trolling Samuel left and right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I look forward to Emily whiffing grabs repeatedly and having a face-to-boat impact in Coolguye's run when the LP comes.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I hope she has a sword, so she can parry people's backs.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Then again how rad would it be if Emily actually didn't have a sword but some other means of attack?

I like their dark song covers, it fits dishonored, they did the same with the trailer for the first one and it was really nice there too.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
The guy who does the sound for these videos, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that faintest "God drat it!" when Coolguye fell.

Dishonoured 2 looks like it's going to be pretty great. I think they've even tweaked the Outsider's design a bit? Or at least there was a dude who looked a fair bit like him.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

TheDarkFlame posted:

The guy who does the sound for these videos, I can't tell you how much I appreciate that faintest "God drat it!" when Coolguye fell.

:angel:

As it was the last post on the previous page, if you use E32016 as a voucher code you can get Dishonored 2 for $45 on Greenmangaming.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I hope Dishonored 2 has better voice direction than D1. They kind of wasted Susan Sarandon, Michael Madsen, and Brad Dourif by not letting them emote properly.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I had this in my youtube suggestions today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0m3TlV6ZE

Boy you guys really took the scenic route.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

TheDarkFlame posted:

Dishonoured 2 looks like it's going to be pretty great. I think they've even tweaked the Outsider's design a bit? Or at least there was a dude who looked a fair bit like him.

Looks like his hair is a bit more styled and his coat's a button-up instead of those weird strap-lock things. The rest is just a general texture resolution upgrade since five years ago.

Apparently, you will also be able to tell him to gently caress off right at the beginning of the game, and you'll just have to go through the whole thing without powers, which has been made entirely viable. (That is, not like the last level of the original; only glitches allowed you to get past the big dock wall without Blink)

That article posted:

"You can literally say 'no' to the Outsider: 'I've had enough of your gifts,'" Arkane Studios co-creator Harvey Smith has revealed on Twitter, something Bethesda's Pete Hines backed up in a livestream with IGN.

"When you meet the Outsider, you can say 'I've had enough of your games, I don't want your powers'," Hines stated in the stream, "you can play the entire game with no powers whatsoever".

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Zomborgon posted:

Looks like his hair is a bit more styled and his coat's a button-up instead of those weird strap-lock things. The rest is just a general texture resolution upgrade since five years ago.

Apparently, you will also be able to tell him to gently caress off right at the beginning of the game, and you'll just have to go through the whole thing without powers, which has been made entirely viable. (That is, not like the last level of the original; only glitches allowed you to get past the big dock wall without Blink)

I can't imagine that being fun for Corvo.

Not gameplay-wise, I mean having magic ripped out of you through your hand probably really loving hurts.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dishonored 1 was surprisingly viable from a non-powers standpoint because you still had lots of gadgets and sneaking/climbing talent, it makes sense they'd allow it in the sequel. I like how it's explicit this time though.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Is it possible to get through Dishonored 1 without Blink? I feel like there are segment where you need at least that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That was perhaps the most chaotic low chaos run possible :v:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Sorites posted:

Is it possible to get through Dishonored 1 without Blink? I feel like there are segment where you need at least that.

Yeah, that's mandatory, but even then you can live without Blink most of the time.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Zomborgon posted:

So then you're basically playing Thief?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Green Intern posted:

So then you're basically playing Thief?

That's not a bad thing though.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
In the original, there's an achievement for going the whole game buying no powers other than Blink. I thought it was no power use after the initial Void segment but I was wrong.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

IMJack posted:

In the original, there's an achievement for going the whole game buying no powers other than Blink. I thought it was no power use after the initial Void segment but I was wrong.

Can't spend any runes is the standard. You can use Blink all you want.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Spudd posted:

That's not a bad thing though.

Oh absolutely it's a great thing.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The E3 demo shown at Bethesda's conference of Dishonored 2.

The timepiece mansion segment at the end is really cool.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 15, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Lunethex posted:

The E3 demo shown at Bethesda's conference of Dishonored 2.

The timepiece mansion segment at the end is really cool.

Emily's powers seem cool enough I think I'll play as her first cause goddamn, that's a neat looking set of skills.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Corvo's outfit didn't look as silly as it did in that concept art either, so I'll probably be playing Emily too.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The Mighty Boot returns! :worship:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Klaus88 posted:

The Mighty Boot returns! :worship:
I foresee many ragdoll shenanigans with this new power of Emily's.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Can't wait to sick bloodflies on guards and make their everything be awful.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Having bought Dishonored 2 I have a code for Dishonored: Definitive Edition. Anyone want it?

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Lunethex posted:

Having bought Dishonored 2 I have a code for Dishonored: Definitive Edition. Anyone want it?

Sure!

edit: thank you!

Pennfalath fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 16, 2016

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
For those who didn't know, DISHONORED base game was mostly a project of Arkane Lyon, with a few credited helps from Arkane Austin. The DLCs were done more by the Austin office.

512, of course, is Austin's area code. :bahgawd:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That makes sense, that makes sense.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Emily's powers seem cool enough I think I'll play as her first cause goddamn, that's a neat looking set of skills.

I'm basically gonna be going back and forth on who I want to play as up until hitting the new game button. Even then I'll probably play two campaigns simultaneously for maximum nerdiness.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Looks like there are some meaningful choices leading to different mission goals, beyond chaos level, so a side-by-side playthrough with different options might be a good idea. I'm assuming from the E3 presentation that you could side with the Overseers and take out the Howler leader in that mission. Or eliminate both of them.

Hopefully there will be two or three missions like that - enough to be significant and not just a one-off marketing showpiece, but not enough to be overwhelming.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

What are the odds on Daud reappearing in Dishonored 2 as an ally?

(I'd say 100%)

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Upon their reunion, Corvo and Daud share a secret handshake consisting of extending a hand to each other and suddenly snatching it back across the chest, a motion they've both been doing almost-uncontrollably ever since the Outsider appeared before Corvo.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Fish Noise posted:

Upon their reunion, Corvo and Daud share a secret handshake consisting of extending a hand to each other and suddenly snatching it back across the chest, a motion they've both been doing almost-uncontrollably ever since the Outsider appeared before Corvo.

I had to make that gesture to realize what you were talking about. :v:

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Fish Noise posted:

I just laughed uncontrollably as I realized what you meant. gently caress. I still don't know how that guard motion happens. I've never had it happen to me when I meant to choke a guard out.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Coolguy is the bads.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I basically expect arm's length to mean exactly that. When I see the stealth kill button pop up out of the corner of my eye, I'm like "okay cool choke time" but you actually need to be closer for that and it is loving WEIRD to me.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So you have exceptionally bad depth perception.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I knew this would happen. I have to listen to this when I'm editing the audio this week too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The straight line is the path of least resistance too. You don't exactly have much of an excuse there, Coolguye.

• Locked thread