Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I just want more Trickster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just binge-watched this. It was mostly good - Iris was a big improvement over her first-season characterization, giving Sisco a more active role was smart - but it definitely has some issues, mostly around its villain. Nothing about his actions makes any sense, and they do a bad job of creating a sense of stakes or scale. Is Earth 2 really terrorized and conquered by Zoom? Because the first few times we see it, they're doing just fine. He seems to be about as threatening as terrorists in our world: enough to be major topic, but you don't cower in your bed every day because of them.

I didn't think it was the crazy drop in quality people kept saying it was, but it was a step down. Not Legends Of Tomorrow bad, but not as great as season 1. The episode where Barry goes back in time and has to deal with Thawne just serves as a reminder of how much more interesting that dynamic was than anything between the Flash and Zoom in this season.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm also very entertained by the perpetually unlocked door to STAR Labs.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm also very entertained by the perpetually unlocked door to STAR Labs.

Between STAR Labs and the Quiver over on Arrow it's apparently just impossible to put a loving lock on a door anymore in comic book TV land.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Characters routinely see everyone from STAR Labs, along with Joe and Iris, hanging around the Flash. Wally sees this more than once. Barry is never there. Nobody ever, ever puts this together. Barry still hides his identity obsessively, but only when it doesn't make any sense. Villains still sometimes just show up to destroy STAR Labs, and one of them just followed Barry to his house, and still nobody locks the doors.

At this point, the only person in Central City who doesn't know Barry is the Flash is whichever woman he's dating at any given moment.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I wouldn't be surprised if they use the Flashpoint-esque plot, that is sure to take up the first couple episodes, to bring Thawne back into existence and undo Eddie's death as well. I think most everyone agrees that losing him as a prominent character was a huge misstep. He only appeared twice in this season and he was the best part of both those episodes, regardless of Cavanaugh or Letscher playing him.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well u wouldn't want dates to no ur the fastest man alive

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Characters routinely see everyone from STAR Labs, along with Joe and Iris, hanging around the Flash. Wally sees this more than once. Barry is never there. Nobody ever, ever puts this together. Barry still hides his identity obsessively, but only when it doesn't make any sense. Villains still sometimes just show up to destroy STAR Labs, and one of them just followed Barry to his house, and still nobody locks the doors.

At this point, the only person in Central City who doesn't know Barry is the Flash is whichever woman he's dating at any given moment.

I'm not claiming anything, but in the interest of disclosure I should point out that Batman and I have never been seen in the same place.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

I'm not claiming anything, but in the interest of disclosure I should point out that Batmanski and I have never been seen in the same place.

ftfy

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
It's official: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/20/flash-flashpoint-season-3

They're doing Flashpoint.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, they're doing an episode called Flashpoint, at least.

95% of Flashpoint is characters they can't use.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It'll be to "Flashpoint" what Captain America: Civil War is to the Civil War comic series. It will share the name and the loose concept and that's about it.

Figure a two episode arc in a totally zany alternate timeline before Barry fixes it to be mostly right but there are a bunch of small changes which Barry has to deal with:

- almost definitely something with Iris to manufacture more relationship drama, like maybe Eddie is still alive
- maybe someone from his team hates him now, or else life is worse for one of them
- true Wells is probably restored to the timeline

stuff like that.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Guy A. Person posted:

- true Wells is probably restored to the timeline

So we get another Wells that owns in a third way? Sounds good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hope it turns Pied Piper back into a bad guy. Just because I kind of forgot about that reality change so I want every future reality change to flip him back and forth. Then in like Season 5 they can do their version of Identity Crisis.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
As far as DC crises go, Flashpoint is pretty good, but goddamnit I want Crisis on Several Earths.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Flash episode of Supergirl was both the best episode of Supergirl and the best episode of second-season Flash, so I want more of that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's no way that Robert Queen is not Green Arrow in Flashpoint mimicing the Batman/Thomas Wayne Angle.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i am hoping that as the show goes on, Barry's childhood home gets filled with flashes that are trying to stop his mom's murder, trying to stop the flashes that are trying to stop his mom's murders, etc.

the house gets so filled with Barrys that it begins to condense down into a Super-massive Flash that turns into a lightning bolt- the lightning bolt that struck Barry in the first place

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 21, 2016

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

By season 6, Barry Allen devotes his life to avenging the murder of his mother, who was stabbed 215 times by several dozen unknown assailants.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Flash episode of Supergirl was both the best episode of Supergirl and the best episode of second-season Flash, so I want more of that.

Yes, same. Please terminate all love-triangles and "will they? wont they" storylines, ship Barry to Kara-Earth and have them fight crime, be nerdy and pull pranks on Superman for like 6 seasons straight. I would worship this show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

Crisis of Infinite Wells

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Crisis of Infinite Wells

The villain of season 5 will be a team composed entirely of Harrison Wells.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
One of the Wells is Nightcrawler's daughter.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

OB_Juan posted:

Oh god, please let each season have some different spin on Wells.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nullsmack posted:

We had evil bastard cripple Wells, badass grimdark gruffvoiced Harry... how about aloof aspie Doc Wells trying to cure his sick wife.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Nullsmack posted:

Like the hotel from Sliders, but in reverse.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

The villain of season 5 will be a team composed entirely of Harrison Wells.

So will the hero

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

So will the hero

Also, the love interest.

Draeudon
Jun 29, 2006

So, should we take it out back and kill it with a shovel or...?
Then CW Spent 10 Long Years To Accomplish That Wonderful Dream: To Build a House of Harrys! A House of Harrys.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Draeudon posted:

Then CW Spent 10 Long Years To Accomplish That Wonderful Dream: To Build a House of Harrys! A House of Harrys.

Harryhal is cursed

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Draeudon posted:

Including a friendly Minnesotan one the others nicknamed Wells Fargo.

... I'll be off, then.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Draeudon posted:

I'm bathtub Harry!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jack of Hearts posted:

As far as DC crises go, Flashpoint is pretty good, but goddamnit I want Crisis on Several Earths.
Crisis on Three Earths, Maybe Four If They Want In.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm bathtub Harry!

"I think I've got an idea for how to beat a rubber duck based villain, if we ever come across one."

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So apparently we just cast Draco loving Malfoy as... someone.

http://tvline.com/2016/06/30/the-flash-tom-felton-season-3-cast-julian-dorn-csi/

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Well he's British so he'll be evil whatever he is.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What's Mirror Master's backstory? Looks like there was a Scottish version that could work-ish.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Actors will often fake accents too.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He'll be whichever Flash villain is known for their receding hairline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Come on, how can it be anyone but Abra Kadabra for a HP alumni?

• Locked thread