Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

For a moment I wondered why there was no IC title match, but then I realized it was because everyone who could reasonably fight Miz for it was in the ladder match.

Plus Miz, Maryse, and Social Outcasts are filming right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Plus Miz, Maryse, and Social Outcasts are filming right now

I suppose this is the *actual* reason since it's not like they couldn't put, I dunno, Kane or someone there just to have a match.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I would like a long Rollins Ambrose Feud and Roman to get drafted to Superstars

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Endless Mike posted:

For a moment I wondered why there was no IC title match, but then I realized it was because everyone who could reasonably fight Miz for it was in the ladder match.

also miz is out shooting a movie with the social outcasts

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm glad ol Sleazy D got a title reign and I hope its a good one.

However, I'm also afraid Vince only has one rule pasted on the wall in the writers room: Title Reigns for Roman Reigns

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I would like a long Rollins Ambrose Feud and Roman to get drafted to Superstars

I think it'd be most interesting to keep all 3 on Raw and let Smackdown be John Cena and AJ Styles and Friends

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Sockser posted:

Roman is the only member of the shield to not have the US title

Qed Roman is the worst

Roman is also now the furthest from being a grand slam champ (not that WWE actually cares about that poo poo anymore). Dean needs the Tag title, Seth needs the IC title. Roman needs IC and US titles.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm so happy Dean is champ! Let's hope he has a strong reign that lasts longer than one day.

That AJ/Cena ending was dog poo poo. Also Cena was even WORSE at yelling spots than usual. I heard every spot, clear as loving day. Kinda ruins the mood when you know what's going to happen next. At least the BIG DOG doesn't do that. poo poo. You could make a two minute compilation video of Cena calling spots just from that match. Is he deaf? Oblivious? Or just doesn't give a poo poo?

Roman probably doesn't call any of his matches as he's been the less experienced wrestler in nearly all of his feuds. I don't know if he's been wrestling longer than Bray, that's the only one I can think of where he'd potentially be calling the spots.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The headlock DDT was a lot cooler than the double arm ddt that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it

however both are better than the spear and pedigree

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Dean's biggest flaw is the continued existence of JBL.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Dean probably had the best match with HHH since he basically became a wrestlemania match guy.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
https://streamable.com/4mk0

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

At least we can all be glad Seth stopped using that weird DDT facebuster thing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I mean, everyone offense is ok in theory

I think all their finishers are not great, but I think the spear is the best of them. Bring back the curbstomp and the headlock driver and we'll talk

this, the Curbstomp was great and when done correctly the old Dirty Deeds headlock Driver was loving cool and brutal.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

According to Rollins' interview on the Jericho podcast the curbstomp was personally nixed by Vince for looking way too much like something kids would attempt so it's never coming back.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

According to Rollins' interview on the Jericho podcast the curbstomp was personally nixed by Vince for looking way too much like something kids would attempt so it's never coming back.

And HHH was hesitant to have Rollins use the Pedigree so Rollins asked Vince and Vince thoughr it was a great idea

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Curbstomp > DD1 > Spear > DD2 > Pedigree > DDT facebuster thing I totally forgot about until right now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SomeMathGuy posted:

he should have brought back his old "Sethwalker" flippy thing. turnbuckle powerbomb is cool and good and I was surprised he pulled it off versus Big Dog

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I like the current Dirty Deeds. People would just be calling the headlock driver bad and sloppy if it hadn't come first. :colbert:

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Croc posted:

Dean probably had the best match with HHH since he basically became a wrestlemania match guy.

I haven't seen Dean vs HHH but I feel 100% confident saying it's not better than Bryan vs HHH

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

he should have brought back his old "Sethwalker" flippy thing. turnbuckle powerbomb is cool and good and I was surprised he pulled it off versus Big Dog

I liked when he did the move that injured him and transitioned it into the move that injured Sting. That was cool.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Lads, I have a controversial opinion..

I think Ambrose is a bad wrestler with stupid flailing arm offence

But he's ok at talking

Seth is a superstar though

I agree, but Seth sucks at talking and has no character.

The shield are all bad in unique ways, but Seth is the best of the bunch

Hopefully in the draft they are all banished to Raw, so Smackdown can be Cena vs various foreign stereotypes & villainous cartoon characters, as wrestling should be.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Minidust posted:

I like the current Dirty Deeds. People would just be calling the headlock driver bad and sloppy if it hadn't come first. :colbert:

The headlock driver was also super awkward whenever Dean had to wrestle anyone bigger that him.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I hope the Cavs are in the front row when Raw comes to Ohio.

https://twitter.com/DJeSenTRIK/status/744942999159848960

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/744754637815816192

https://twitter.com/DJeSenTRIK/status/744744934041845760

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Paulocaust posted:

I haven't seen Dean vs HHH but I feel 100% confident saying it's not better than Bryan vs HHH

It was very close.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Paulocaust posted:

It was easily on that level. You really should watch it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Dean/HHH was a hell of a match. MUCH better than the wet fart HHH had against Roman in WM32.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thats because Dean is better than ROman

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Did you guys notice that they freakin' face-turned Seth at the end there? He finally got his legit victory to win the title, no cashing in on two dead guys, no HHH, no Kane, no J&J, no nothin' except a ref bump Roman caused himself and it gives him the courage to stand up and say "BRING IT OOOOOOOON" to Dean instead of just bolting with the title.

And then he gets hit in the back of the head with his own favorite weapon. It's freakin' poetry. Cole's call was amazing and absolutely accurate. He was taken down by a ghost of his past.

I love this finish so much. It does so many great things for all three characters.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I just realized that not only have all 3 of The Shield members been WWE Champion, but they all won the title from a former stable-bro.

Seth pinned Roman for his first title, Roman pinned Dean for his first and Dean pinned Seth for his first. :3:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Roman Reignsports

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bradzilla posted:

I just realized that not only have all 3 of The Shield members been WWE Champion, but they all won the title from a former stable-bro.

Seth pinned Roman for his first title, Roman pinned Dean for his first and Dean pinned Seth for his first. :3:

So wait, which one's Charizard?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Dean is scissors, Seth is paper, Roman is rock

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

VJeff posted:

So wait, which one's Charizard?

Roman because he's got the look and six year olds like him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vince wishes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Oh

https://twitter.com/Roman_Empire_76/status/744988025013288960

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SomeMathGuy posted:

Roman because he's got the look and six year olds like him.

Also because have you seen Seth's hair when he comes out? He's obviously Blastoise, who has the advantage over Charizard.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe next time he'll win the Money in the Bank Briefcase in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at the Money in the Bank Special Event, only on the WWE Network.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

Also because have you seen Seth's hair when he comes out? He's obviously Blastoise, who has the advantage over Charizard.

And Dean's natural affinity for plants and beating up Seth clearly suggests Venusaur. This all checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
You know i said it last night before the PPV and ill say it again, Last night was going to be an odd PPV no matter what because we dont know if any of the feuds from last night will continue to the next PPV. they had 30 days to cash in MITB because of the brand split and I don't think they are even 100% sure what they are doing from a Title or Ppv perspective on that yet. I am surprised they let Ambrose win the belt and that makes me think all 3 shield members are going to the same show. They set up their big summer storyline as being competition between the shield, and I feel like at summerslam they are going to have a triple threat match.

After seeing Rollins win last night though and the fact that for weeks they have been calling it a WM caliber match I have to wonder if before rollins got injured if the plan was to have roman win it the night they had the tournement, then hold it till mania when seth would win it back

• Locked thread