Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
and eats gross food and gets paddled by schoolmarms in boarding schools and an entire wealthy family will live in like a 20 by 20 foot apartment with a barely functional toilet and have a single compact car which has the steering wheel on the wrong side and a manual transmission . Unbelievable. Open public yards or "national parks" are unheard of, as is any private yard larger than a postage stamp. Can britgoons confirm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Is that the hottest man in England?

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
same

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ello guvnuh

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Revenants Return posted:

That is female Birtish pop singer "Sporty Spice" actually

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
they all live in bogs and eat raw fish like gollum

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Revenants Return posted:

Probably, poo poo lol.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Revenants Return posted:

and eats gross food and gets paddled by schoolmarms in boarding schools and an entire wealthy family will live in like a 20 by 20 foot apartment with a barely functional toilet and have a single compact car which has the steering wheel on the wrong side and a manual transmission . Unbelievable. Open public yards or "national parks" are unheard of, as is any private yard larger than a postage stamp. Can britgoons confirm?
Mostly right.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Revenants Return posted:

Also apparently their government is really a massive pedophile ring

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

on the plus side, they invented america

:911:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Dear Britain -

The EU is fake and gay. Come home.

Love,

America

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

its all true gays

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
their version of urban crime is white kids wearing plaid from head to toe that throw rocks at you lol

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

City of Tampa posted:

their version of urban crime is white kids wearing plaid from head to toe that throw rocks at you lol

Sneakin cheeky pints and hashish lol.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

City of Tampa posted:

quote:

This is Hobbitown and I am Bilbo Hicks, Okay? This is a land of fairies and elves. You do not have crime like we have crime, but I appreciate you trying to be, you know, diplomatic. You gotta see English crime. It's hilarious, you don't know if you're reading the front page or the comic section over there. I swear to God. I read an article - front page of the paper - one day, in England: 'Yesterday, some Hooligans knocked over a dustbin in Shafsbry.'

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Sorry, there are lots of national parks. That's what we call the bits of swamp that are too soft to build flats in and they are full of snakes & skeletons

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

u wot m8? I'll fucken slash u up u mug

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Traits of Britain, in order of importance:

1. Cool accents
2. A slightly lesser amount of mumbly as gently caress totally uncool accents.
3. Boy loving. Primary school on up. :waycool:
4. Lots of good authors and rock gods.
5. Peoples' teeth are passages to the hellraiser dimension/the place that the ship Event Horizon goes when not in normal space.
6. Sucks at wars, reliably loses if you don't help them zerg like a motherfucker.
7. Downton Abbey.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I dunno about 6 really they needed some help in the last big one or two but otherwise 'the sun never sets on the British empire.'

Those pasty motherfuckers were pissed about the Vikings they decided to visit that poo poo on the rest of the world 10x.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Revenants Return posted:

Not British, but I can confirm.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

City of Tampa posted:

my favorite chav story

CabaretVoltaire posted:

years ago my pal went out in the midnight hours to buy rizla (rolling paper for spliffs) and was attacked by a couple of drunk youths.

a polish guy saw what was going on, got in the middle of it and got my pal to safety in the polish guys house.

the chavs were outside the house shouting the usual nonsense about coming out and fighting etc. The polish guy says to my friend "Don't worry, I call the Party Boys"

then a couple of HUGE polish juicers come out of nowhere and absolutely kick the poo poo out of chavs, and then run off into the night.

The police came around to talk to him about it and he told them the story.. they were all "hmmm so the Party Boys strike again eh"

poles are definitely the best thing about britain

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Take the petrol off the lift and put it in the lorry

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
the UK is kind of like a revenants return thread, boring, low effort, depressing, bad teeth, fat, stinky, white cliffs of dover, full of suicide attempts and adidas windbreakers.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
what's the closest i can get to england without leaving america?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

poles are like white mexicans and I dont know why brits complain about immigration because while I dont personally discriminate against color per se and would make love to hot mexican ladies, even if you are racist you should want fairskin blonde/blue eyed desperate polish ladies in your country

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mange Mite posted:

Also apparently their government is really a massive pedophile ring

Isn't that most governments?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

poles are like white mexicans and I dont know why brits complain about immigration because while I dont personally discriminate against color per se and would make love to hot mexican ladies, even if you are racist you should want fairskin blonde/blue eyed desperate polish ladies in your country

rocco alan smithee invades poland

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

momerath posted:

what's the closest i can get to england without leaving america?

boston

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DetroitVectorSmooth posted:

poles are definitely the best thing about britain

It's worse than I thought.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

england is the upside down florida of europe.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2coOjEE3Fo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SHISHKABOB posted:

Isn't that most governments?

No that is not normal

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

88h88 posted:

u wot m8? I'll fucken slash u up u mug

the combination of free health care and no guns means lots of low-level street crime and bored idiots start fights with strangers constantly, and every so often of cousre someone ends up stabbed or beaten to death

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Alan Smithee posted:

Do Poles magically turn half your radio dial to lovely accordion music?

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Revenants Return posted:

He's Scottish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wee_Man_(comedian)

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

boston is kinda lame though. the majority of people dont even have cool accents

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
England was once the mightiest empire in the world and there are a great many former savages who owe them a debt of gratitude for introducing civilization to their benighted lands.

Wooded Zacynthus
Mar 15, 2015

It is the land of wizards & warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
My country once ruled the world, we conquered everyone. Then we got shittier and shittier until we're now just a small island again, we're barely still in the Euro league, we're getting mopey with the EU and want to split up 'cause money problems.

:sigh: where did it all go wrong?

• Locked thread