Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hadn't people in here been saying that Brexit can't even happen for 2 years anyway? Will the hand-wringing alone seriously hurt the global economy in the next 6 months?

for the next two years no one will have any idea what the future looks like for britain and to a lesser extent the eu

it might not gently caress up the global economy for long but its going to gently caress ours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
So who's going to be king of the goon shanty town once the (radioactive) dust settles?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Epic High Five posted:

Recession avoidance plan: park aircraft carrier(s?) along coast of India and re-colonize
There are no British aircraft carriers atm.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Barnsley of loving course :argh:

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So the people who are already voting for the racist populist will be more excited to vote for said racist populist. That changes nothing.

Right - the poster I was replying to was implying that the Brits shooting themselves in the foot economically would somehow dissuade Trump voters, but I just don't see it.

These results just keep getting worse, 51.1% leave with 41.9% reporting now. Cripes.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

JosefStalinator posted:

Edinburgh completely swamped out by leave votes :catstare:

FinalGamer posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCReferendum/status/746169764301668352
Edinburgh, you're forgiven for that Tory slant you gave in May. :respek:

It's heavily remain.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Delusibeta posted:

I expect you're going to be disappointed in the next hour or so.

Just a foreign rubbernecker, not informed enough to have an opinion on the result.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

cheesetriangles posted:

So how soon before Scotland votes to leave the UK?

When the first bomb goes off.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I genuinely believe now that with the majority of Scotland choosing Remain, we will actually split the UK apart and the SNP brings us a deal from the EU saying "yo we can leave the UK and STAY inside the EU just like we voted for WHO'S WITH ME"

......I hope this happens :ohdear: I really really want this to happen.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

ro5s posted:

It's heavily remain.

What I meant was, the remain votes were swamped out by concurrent leave results in other places. Was unclear, my bad.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Craptacular! posted:

Well, if you were upset about how close it was, it's not so much now.

This is the stupidest comparison.

eh, it's a poorly judged referendum question asked for the wrong reason that is proving to be a landslide in the unexpected direction as it is mistaken as a review of the state govt and will prove to be an toxic political topic forevermore

except it's going to be lethal for the uk

what's your issue?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've been watching the live value of the pound on this page and welp https://www.dailyfx.com/gbp-usd

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

African AIDS cum posted:

Which means British exports are more competitive

Exports such as... Financial services in the EU!

Oh wait...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

On the plus side, there's probably going to be another glut of First Folios in the US/China now that there's going to be a 2nd wave of stately country manors being sold for parts by people barely able to stay afloat

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Pound below 1.38 now. Global markets are going to be interesting in the morning.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how long until the UK can beg to be let back in?

It doesn't actually have to leave the EU. The referendum isn't legally binding in any way. It just creates MASSIVE political pressure to do so, as no Government - particularly one as divided as this one - could realistically not take immediate steps toward leaving.

What the UK has to do to leave, is to signal to the other EU members that it intends to exercise its right under Article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon to leave. It then has 2 years to agree terms of its departure with the remainder of the EU.

Given past practice, what may well happen, is we get a second referendum in 1.5 years time, which may have a different result if the next year is as hellish as has been predicted.

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

PT6A posted:

It's not at all good. Even though I suspect it will be beneficial to me personally, I don't want to see this result because it's so painfully goddamn stupid.

I'm the same, I'm insulated for at least another two years or so (I hope), which is enough time that if anything positive at all is going to come of this, I'll be in a position to decide if I want any part of it. Plus by then I hope to have my PhD, so if it's all bullshit and chips then I can maybe sod off somewhere else. But I can't help but think of the people who are going to get terminally shafted by this, and chances are it's the leave areas which are going to be most susceptible to that.

Crameltonian
Mar 27, 2010
Phowar it's gonna be great watching this country be hosed by the recession we've voted for.

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:smugbird:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Pound down over 7% now and still nose diving, wtf GB...

if you get Trump elected by nosediving the global economy....

e:down to 8% in 1 minute

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

cheesetriangles posted:

So how soon before Scotland votes to leave the UK?

Everytime Scotland thinks about leaving Prince William gets his wife pregnant again. Somebody think of the poor overworked woman!

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
:f5: Londonnnnnn...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

gently caress

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

No aircraft carriers what the gently caress?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This is poo

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Kilroy posted:

There are no British aircraft carriers atm.

Au contraire

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Results are coming in so fast I can barely keep track of them. I'm genuinely surprised by how much of a lead Leave seems to have (pending London and its many districts). Both options are completely retarded but Leave will cause more short-term chaos. If we're lucky it means a lesson learned and a big turnaround for the EU, if we're not people just declare everyone idiots and uneducated and etc and continue on the trajectory they're on before collapsing.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A typical empty suit Republican would have been able to try and do something like this, maybe. Trump is a borderline retard and more and more people are realizing it.

Yeah Trump doesn't have much of a chance. When the Republican primary ended he didn't have anymore incompetent people to beat up on and completely lost one of the few things making him look good. The one holdout was that a major terror attack would be a sweep for him, but then he fumbled hard on Orlando. He's finished, take a breath guys

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

FinalGamer posted:

I genuinely believe now that with the majority of Scotland choosing Remain, we will actually split the UK apart and the SNP brings us a deal from the EU saying "yo we can leave the UK and STAY inside the EU just like we voted for WHO'S WITH ME"

......I hope this happens :ohdear: I really really want this to happen.

Wont happen. Spain will block any Scotland entry into the EU and Scotland already chose the UK with a historically high turnout.

If remain loses maybe Scotland need to wonder about their terrible turnout in this referendum. They've as much responsibility for the direction of the UK as everyone else.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Nitrousoxide posted:

Exports such as... Financial services in the EU!

Oh wait...

British manufacturing will be able to compete with Germany now

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I've kinda just been assuming for weeks that Brexit was going to end up not being a thing because honestly it sounds ridiculous but holy poo poo it might actually be a thing. It's actually kinda nice to see countries other than America showcase their racist shitheads.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

XMNN posted:

for the next two years no one will have any idea what the future looks like for britain and to a lesser extent the eu

it might not gently caress up the global economy for long but its going to gently caress ours

nobody's known what the future of the EU is for 8 years now. and don't worry, europe's economy is also hosed

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Wow GBP down to $1.37. Hasn't been that low since before 2004. If ever.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Why is Scotland so strongly favorable towards the EU?

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Holy poo poo 10,000yen was 63 last night, now its 73.

erm, I'm starting to lose a lot of money

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Scotland should have left last year and stayed european now. England really jerked you guys around huh?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Quandary posted:

I've kinda just been assuming for weeks that Brexit was going to end up not being a thing because honestly it sounds ridiculous but holy poo poo it might actually be a thing. It's actually kinda nice to see countries other than America showcase their racist shitheads.

Are you a real person or a sentient Gawker article?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Rakosi posted:

Holy poo poo 10,000yen was 63 last night, now its 73.

erm, I'm starting to lose a lot of money

Good, you gently caress.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

African AIDS cum posted:

British manufacturing will be able to compete with Germany now

I'm not sure we'd be able to completely rebuild our industrial base in time to benefit to be honest

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
How long until Boris Johnson makes Nigel Farage deputy PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Dow futures down 2.2% and it's not even tomorrow yet.

S&P futures down 2.6%

• Locked thread