Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

a properly fit cheap DST can sit on 125k EHP with MJD and MWD/Cloak which means it's effectively unkillable for 99% of gankers in eve.

unless you get caught by the russians who just neut you out with a battleship and kill you with 30 thrashers

So it's pretty good transporting ships out to 0 space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

If you use a properly scouted series of wormholes to avoid getting jumped or bubbled on a gate somewhere, then yes. Otherwise if the cargo is small enough, use the other one, the blockade runner (Viator).

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
you either JF things outside of highsec or you use an interdiction nullified ship (with sub 2 second align) for small things, preferably a yacht.

You should never ever ever use anything outside of those two things unless you absolutely have to.

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Moving ships for yourself is pretty handy though.
Just have to be ready for some wastage: https://zkillboard.com/kill/51627466/ :frogbon:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

you either JF things outside of highsec or you use an interdiction nullified ship (with sub 2 second align) for small things, preferably a yacht.

You should never ever ever use anything outside of those two things unless you absolutely have to.

depends where you are, really

A cloaky hauler is really loving hard to catch if you fly it right in lowsec

For moving stuff I just boat it around with my caps, since now you basically need all 3

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

bluegoon posted:

Not 0.0 because there are much better options (a tackled DST is probably a dead DST) but logistics for lower-class wormholes is usually done with DSTs and Orcas due to mass limits.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

bluegoon posted:

You'll die if you get caught in a bubble, as any dictor gang will fit a scram to keep you from MJD'ing out. If you can fly an occuator though, you can fly a viator, which owns for, well, blockade running.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Do we actually know much about the Serpentis event yet? Like what the rewards are?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

the maulus is another gallente t1 frigate that has less of a traditional shape. the vexor is... vaguely a big maulus? you might like it.

the oracle kinda has that design but its the amarr combat battlecruiser

There's also the myrmidon if you're going gallente. It's a combat battlecruiser (oracle is attack)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ranbo das posted:

Do we actually know much about the Serpentis event yet? Like what the rewards are?

faction cap/super BPCs, mods, chance at +armor rep implants

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

How exactly does bleed through work? If you take 50 damage and you have 60 armor left and it bleeds through, do you take all 50 to armor plus bonus damage to structure or does the portion that bleeds through not damage armor?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Reverand maynard posted:

How exactly does bleed through work? If you take 50 damage and you have 60 armor left and it bleeds through, do you take all 50 to armor plus bonus damage to structure or does the portion that bleeds through not damage armor?

IIRC, the portion that bleeds through does not damage armor.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how do I use an ancillary remote shield booster in pyfa? I can't seem to figure out how to turn it in.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Let's talk about heavy cap batteries ITT. They're cool + good. They're my new fav module and its gonna be cool to see deimos wrecking stuff this alliance tournament.

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
Guys I last played in 2012 and I'm so bored getting back into Eve again is literally a last resort because it was an awful awful addiction.

Now with that being said what's the cheapest way for me to resub right now

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Syndic Thrass, what ship are you using for the Angel burner - the "cheap" Vengeance (tried that one once and couldn't break the Dramiel's tank - the AC didn't land a single hit so it was basically useless) or the 200m Daredevil?

code:
[Vengeance, angel burner]
Small Armor Repairer II
Ballistic Control System II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Corpii A-Type EM Plating

Stasis Webifier II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
code:
[Daredevil, ‘Unified’ Burner Dramiel - Daredevil]

Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Core B-Type Armor EM Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Centus B-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

Stasis Webifier II
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Stasis Webifier II

Light Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Nanobot Accelerator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Has anyone heard anything about Serpentis tags being useful in the upcoming Shadow of the Serpent event? Serp Brass Tags have spiked to 28M per tag at Jita, which means I'm sitting on 20B in tags on my trade alt atm.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh god, have any others spiked, because I took tags from every site I did in syndicate and other groons started donating them to me.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Syndic Thrass, what ship are you using for the Angel burner - the "cheap" Vengeance (tried that one once and couldn't break the Dramiel's tank - the AC didn't land a single hit so it was basically useless) or the 200m Daredevil?

code:
[Vengeance, angel burner]
Small Armor Repairer II
Ballistic Control System II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Corpii A-Type EM Plating

Stasis Webifier II

125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S

code:
[Daredevil, ‘Unified’ Burner Dramiel - Daredevil]

Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Core B-Type Armor EM Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Centus B-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

Stasis Webifier II
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Stasis Webifier II

[Empty High slot]

Small Nanobot Accelerator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Phone posting and very not sober. Formum pm me or jabber me and I'll let you know when I'm at my computer. How would you and all the other mission guys plus the ones I intend to ask in the amazing pee vee everything thread about missions (read it of you haven't) be avout making a jabber channel about this? I'm only running mad burners to farm standings for pull alts and it seems a few others are trying to graduate to l5s (and lots already have) we need a place to shoot poo poo.

To answer you don't skimp on that one at all. I gave an even more riced of versionof that DD and it's the only one I consistently go into hull in. Usually, for me, i have tons of pullers who can only do their 1 thing, I'll pull a agent burners on the man who can only do those then just bms to garmur alts for thr teams. Then once the purpose made ship is engaged in warpin load javelin and add another 200 dps to agent missions. From what I read it have a very unorthodox l4 krew but is till make plans solid money's. Especially since in reaching 5.0 with factions I've never missioned for

Maybe one day soon the carriers with ride again, till their glorious insurance payout

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jun 28, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

About an hour after I welped a ship in solo pvp:

quote:

loss at G-M418
Sent: 2016.06.28 08:20
To: Namamai,

Hi, picked up some of your slavage, if i can get back to 3pi ill leave it there. I think i can contract it back to you? still a noob here.

Sv

:shobon: :shobon: :shobon:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
This patch could have just been the new additions to the Tactical Overlay and I would have been a happy camper. Do you know how long I've been waiting for a Heading indicator?

I'm so happy.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

This patch could have just been the new additions to the Tactical Overlay and I would have been a happy camper. Do you know how long I've been waiting for a Heading indicator?

I'm so happy.

I'm still disappointed. It's based on the ship model and not velocity.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
So the only thing that ever stops my ratting escapades are Dread spawns.

I dont have access to cap ships. What is another ship I could use to tank the dread while I clear all the rats in the wave? I don't need to kill the dread, just survive it while I finish the wave.

*Posted this in Eve recipes to no avail*

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

FranktheBank posted:

So the only thing that ever stops my ratting escapades are Dread spawns.

I dont have access to cap ships. What is another ship I could use to tank the dread while I clear all the rats in the wave? I don't need to kill the dread, just survive it while I finish the wave.

*Posted this in Eve recipes to no avail*

Ishtar, HML Nighthawk/Tengu, or anything else that is capable of dealing DPS from 90km away while on the move (and ideally, without capacitor). Warp out as soon as the dread spawns, warp back in at 100.

The dread's gun and tackle max out at 70km, and the neut at 90-100.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Elsa posted:

I'm still disappointed. It's based on the ship model and not velocity.

It is. The vector arrow increases in length the faster your ship goes. Same for other ships approaching you, too. You can tell at a glance if something is faster to you, their heading, and how tight your orbit is. All this is stuff that you can glean from a properly set up Overview, but I am 100% for taking information out of that box and putting it into the game space where it belongs.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The next thing eve needs is an update to how the overview works. It's impossible to get all the information you need without it taking up half your screen. I'd love an option to have an overview that each ship took up two rows (to give more information)

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Reverand maynard posted:

The next thing eve needs is an update to how the overview works. It's impossible to get all the information you need without it taking up half your screen. I'd love an option to have an overview that each ship took up two rows (to give more information)

Per-tab column settings would be fantastic.

I'd really rather have the "UI Profiles" thing that a dev teased about so I can quickly swap between "recon" and "fleet" and "industry" and whatever. They all have distinctly different requirements and its annoying to manage manually.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Managing screen real estate is one of my main challenges in Eve so far, since I play on a laptop. 1920×1080 is the only way I've been able to manage so far but I really need to find a good setup for potato mode since my computer starts to get janky with 2 clients running.

Profiles will help a bit once I can spare the :effort:. I need different overviews and window settings for shooting stuff and scanning/bumping freighters. Trying to learn the latter now and my big worry isn't so much the act itself as whiffing while trying to manage Jabber, scan tool, ransom chat, and my aggressor character via alt-tab.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

It is. The vector arrow increases in length the faster your ship goes. Same for other ships approaching you, too. You can tell at a glance if something is faster to you, their heading, and how tight your orbit is. All this is stuff that you can glean from a properly set up Overview, but I am 100% for taking information out of that box and putting it into the game space where it belongs.

There's a difference, though it's small. You could say negligible. A ship model's rate of rotation is capped and it's possible the velocity changes faster than the rotation of the ship model. And I agree with you, I've made quite a few suggestion threads about getting rid of the number soup called overview in favor of a real HUD.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Elsa posted:

There's a difference, though it's small. You could say negligible. A ship model's rate of rotation is capped and it's possible the velocity changes faster than the rotation of the ship model. And I agree with you, I've made quite a few suggestion threads about getting rid of the number soup called overview in favor of a real HUD.

Either you've been undocking in unpropped Battleships or I'm having a stroke and can't understand what you're writing here.

There's a big blue arrow. Points which direction your ship is going. Gets longer as you go faster. Different from the one that shows up when you click in space to move.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played in a few months, did they make exploration more dangerous? As in rats instantly spawning when you open one of their things?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Elsa posted:

There's a difference, though it's small. You could say negligible. A ship model's rate of rotation is capped and it's possible the velocity changes faster than the rotation of the ship model.

You should probably be aware that Eve does not model rotational inertia, or even rotation of any kind at all, on ships.

As far as Eve's physics/gameplay engine is concerned, a ship is a sphere in space with a velocity vector, with all forces (and all guns/launchers) located at the center of the sphere. The ship's orientation is purely a guess/approximation by the rendering engine and has little or no effect on your ability to turn.

This is why large ships tend to slide sideways into warp - and why ships are prone to do weird flips/spins when flying directly up or down. (Wheee gimbal lock)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Phi230 posted:

I haven't played in a few months, did they make exploration more dangerous? As in rats instantly spawning when you open one of their things?

Nope, same as it ever was. (And more lucrative now that there are ancillary reps and remote reps for capitals.)

Ratting in plexes, otoh, is more dangerous -- there are now NPC dreads and titans that occasionally spawn and will gently caress your rear end up.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ullerrm posted:

Nope, same as it ever was. (And more lucrative now that there are ancillary reps and remote reps for capitals.)

Ratting in plexes, otoh, is more dangerous -- there are now NPC dreads and titans that occasionally spawn and will gently caress your rear end up.

Maybe I just had bad luck today. I just did some exploration in Hakonen and the first data site I found, rats spawned as soon as I opened the first loot box and blew my rear end up, seeing as I'm just in a Heron.

Another question. If I joined goons could I still do exploration/missions and stuff, just with goons, or will it make me unable to undock?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Either you've been undocking in unpropped Battleships or I'm having a stroke and can't understand what you're writing here.

There's a big blue arrow. Points which direction your ship is going. Gets longer as you go faster. Different from the one that shows up when you click in space to move.

The arrow is based on the ship model. If you have seen your ship warp sideways, that's the disparity between velocity and ship model.

ullerrm posted:

You should probably be aware that Eve does not model rotational inertia, or even rotation of any kind at all, on ships.

As far as Eve's physics/gameplay engine is concerned, a ship is a sphere in space with a velocity vector, with all forces (and all guns/launchers) located at the center of the sphere. The ship's orientation is purely a guess/approximation by the rendering engine and has little or no effect on your ability to turn.

This is why large ships tend to slide sideways into warp - and why ships are prone to do weird flips/spins when flying directly up or down. (Wheee gimbal lock)

yep, I'm aware. I realize I'm griping about something that is pretty hard to make accurate. I'm sure it would require new information to the client, which means more server load, etc.

Basically all I will depend on the heading arrow for is a general indication of dot's direction from a distance. Though if it stays blue it is too hard to make out to be useful.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
So I'm thinking of selling on one of my characters as I barely ever use them, they've got about 2 months subscription time remaining. Any pointers into what I should prior to trying to sell them off? And what kind of price I could expect?

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Mario_Balotelli

As you can see from the skill set I've changed my mind so many times with this character I not even sure what to try and market them as, I'm just finishing up training them as a links alt on or off grid and think I should try selling them off as that. Thoughts?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

rocket_Magnet posted:

So I'm thinking of selling on one of my characters as I barely ever use them, they've got about 2 months subscription time remaining. Any pointers into what I should prior to trying to sell them off? And what kind of price I could expect?

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Mario_Balotelli

As you can see from the skill set I've changed my mind so many times with this character I not even sure what to try and market them as, I'm just finishing up training them as a links alt on or off grid and think I should try selling them off as that. Thoughts?

Before skill injectors I would have suggested cleaning it up as a booster. They used to fetch a premium with full scanning skills to wormholers, but now character sale prices are determined by flat SP.

If you want to finish up the booster you have, I suggest Command Ships V, then Gravimetric Sensor Compensation V, Armor Layoring and Armor Compensations to IV, and then Fleet Command V if you can squeeze it in.

Use this site to search EVE-O character bazaar to see what similar boosters are going for. http://www.evecharactersearch.com/

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

rocket_Magnet posted:

From what I've read, with the advent of skill injectors people are now mainly looking to buy very focused characters. You could consider siphoning off a load of skill points for sweet sweet profit and then selling it as a stripped down, more focused whatever?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

NtotheTC posted:

From what I've read, with the advent of skill injectors people are now mainly looking to buy very focused characters. You could consider siphoning off a load of skill points for sweet sweet profit and then selling it as a stripped down, more focused whatever?

This is an okay idea as long as you make sure not to detract from on-grid Command Ship boosting. You could strip the drone SP down to skill levels 1 per, just so it's not insulting to the buyer, and maybe the missile skills. But if you're pulling out SP you could stand to put it back into the Astrometric skills and Armor tank.

edit: wait no, putting SP back is a stupid idea. I forgot about the SP loss with injecting.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Thanks for the advice, that skillset is basically 18months off checking off everything on the "stuff goons did" circa 2014. Scimitar for incursions, cyno V stealth bomber for typhoon, Gila/drones for ratting in dek, and tengu off grid links :v:. I think I'll go the streamlining route.

• Locked thread