Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

No, bloodlines are fine, and the Elf bloodline in particular will complete the challenge in a few minutes with no autoclicker required.

ooh, you're right, it's no researchers. But that is R7 for bloodlines isnt it? and you can get it done overnight easy enough before R7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Vil posted:

As already suggested, one of the forge builds like lightning forge, should do the job. Very important though: get the "Know Your Enemy, Part 1" artifact which unlocks a goddamn powerful upgrade for mercs. It's available starting in R12, I think, and makes the R15 -> R16 gem wall go from a terrible horrible grind to a moderate annoyance.

Oh poo poo yeah, definitely get that. I found out about it when I was just starting to get salty about the wall, 1e69ish, and it made the final bit go noticeably faster.

Also I think the 'better build' is Innkeeper? It's on the merc builds page and is slower than the forge builds but doesn't need management, so you can set and forget it overnight. I just did lightning forge while watching movies and it was alright.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Beasteh posted:

Protip: There's a merc build that's better than both Lightning Forge and Diamond Forge, it's a rush build and doesn't require waiting around for LS to hit Blacksmith, or slowly amassing faction coins with Diamond Pickaxe, or anything dumb like that.

It's called Greed Forge.

Neutral mercs, fairy bloodline when you eventually get that.

First spell is Goblin's Greed, hit it once to get enough FCs to get all your upgrades. Second spell is Fairy Chanting.

Then go:

Tier 1: Starmetal Alloys, Oversized Legends, Strong Currency, Druidic Vocabulary
Tier 2: Fairy Workers, Cyclopean Strength, Gold Synthesis, Earthly Bond
Tier 3: Swarm of Fairies, Titan Obelisk, Battlehammers, Building Jungle

Get everything set up, wait for max mana, do a full spell combo, abdicate. You get a ludicrous amount of gems very quickly, it takes virtually no time to set up and you can chain runs to get to your desired R level of gems.

Found the post about the better forge build. Disclaimer: have not actually tested for myself, was in the R30s (and ignoring mercs entirely at that point) when I first heard about this.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I tried it and it's almost exactly the same performance as Diamond Forge. However, I do have all the Gifts, so I'm sure that was a factor. I don't need to wait for faction coins most of the time.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Falcon2001 posted:

Minecraft isn't free? I mean the mods are but Minecraft itself is as much as Factorio.

Sorry, I meant that it's pretty common for someone to already own minecraft. Bad wording!

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I still can't wrap my head around Transcendence in Clicker Heroes.

The wiki says:

quote:

You can kind of read it this way: x% Transcendent Power makes each Primal Boss give roughly x% more Hero Souls than the boss 5 zones earlier did.

But the numbers I'm getting from the Transcendent power award seem way to big for that formula. And what if the boss 5 zones earlier wasn't a primal boss?

Should it instead read: "give roughly x% more HS than the boss 5 zones earlier would have if it were Primal"?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I really want this graphical update for RG already. The gaudy clip art treasure chest reminds me of my mental illness for playing this game.

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

So I've been playing RG for a while now, got myself up to R11 without any real issue. I always try to finish off challenges when I'm at R gems (like everyone suggests), which has been going pretty well so far, but I'm having a hell of a time getting the Dwarf 2 challenge (the one where you have to build 2,750 Inns within 2 minutes of a new game). Is there some bizarre upgrade somewhere I'm missing? I kind of screwed myself out of easily snagging FC in the beginning because I went nuts excavating before I started in on the challenges, so I can't really rely on anything to quickly get all the fairy and dwarf upgrades. Do I just need to wait for a later R to do this one?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Dr. Bones posted:

So I've been playing RG for a while now, got myself up to R11 without any real issue. I always try to finish off challenges when I'm at R gems (like everyone suggests), which has been going pretty well so far, but I'm having a hell of a time getting the Dwarf 2 challenge (the one where you have to build 2,750 Inns within 2 minutes of a new game). Is there some bizarre upgrade somewhere I'm missing? I kind of screwed myself out of easily snagging FC in the beginning because I went nuts excavating before I started in on the challenges, so I can't really rely on anything to quickly get all the fairy and dwarf upgrades. Do I just need to wait for a later R to do this one?

You are playing as fairies right? Not sure if you need to take dwarf bloodline to meet the challenge reqs, if not then goblin bloodline makes it a joke.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

insanityv2 posted:

I still can't wrap my head around Transcendence in Clicker Heroes.

The wiki says:

But the numbers I'm getting from the Transcendent power award seem way to big for that formula. And what if the boss 5 zones earlier wasn't a primal boss?

Should it instead read: "give roughly x% more HS than the boss 5 zones earlier would have if it were Primal"?

Transcendence makes the number go up bigger, faster.

I think your 2nd statement is pretty close? Also important to note there seems to be a minimum of 20HS for the power, which makes starting off a LOT faster.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Dr. Bones posted:

Beasteh posted:

You are playing as fairies right? Not sure if you need to take dwarf bloodline to meet the challenge reqs, if not then goblin bloodline makes it a joke.

Dwarf 2 does in fact require dwarf bloodline.

But yes, play as fairies, have excavations low enough that you can actually excavate enough FC to get your upgrades quickly (alternative solution: have gifts), export in advance so you can re-import so you don't waste excavations if you don't get it, and otherwise go on a building/upgrade buying and spell comboing spree.

Those challenges came out when I was in the R30s so they were trivial to steamroll at that point, but in your case I'd say maybe try again next R and be more restrained with your excavations this time.

Speaking of excavations, don't feel the need to burn them all on quick-starting abdications - try to knock out at least one or two lore artifacts per R. If you've got, say, 1000 leftover excavations when it's time to reincarnate, that makes it a lot easier to go for artifacts whose odds take forever to increase to appreciable rates - just go after them when their odds are what would otherwise be unreasonably low.

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

Vil posted:

Dwarf 2 does in fact require dwarf bloodline.

But yes, play as fairies, have excavations low enough that you can actually excavate enough FC to get your upgrades quickly (alternative solution: have gifts), export in advance so you can re-import so you don't waste excavations if you don't get it, and otherwise go on a building/upgrade buying and spell comboing spree.

Those challenges came out when I was in the R30s so they were trivial to steamroll at that point, but in your case I'd say maybe try again next R and be more restrained with your excavations this time.

Speaking of excavations, don't feel the need to burn them all on quick-starting abdications - try to knock out at least one or two lore artifacts per R. If you've got, say, 1000 leftover excavations when it's time to reincarnate, that makes it a lot easier to go for artifacts whose odds take forever to increase to appreciable rates - just go after them when their odds are what would otherwise be unreasonably low.

Ah, yeah. The excavations screwed me. Ah well. Next R, then. Thanks!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
How do you get the auto-casting upgrades? They seems ridiculous 200 Million mana in one game an you don't generate mana when you are full, so that means you can't get it offline is that right?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

How do you get the auto-casting upgrades? They seems ridiculous 200 Million mana in one game an you don't generate mana when you are full, so that means you can't get it offline is that right?

You could technically get it offline, but that would take an impossibly long time.

I think you can do it around R7 or something within a couple days, but someone can feel free to correct me on that.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm at R13 I think. What are the "tricks" I need in order to go for those upgrades? Those are really the last QoL upgrades I need before I can really start powering through into Research etc.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

I'm at R13 I think. What are the "tricks" I need in order to go for those upgrades? Those are really the last QoL upgrades I need before I can really start powering through into Research etc.

http://realm-grinder.wikia.com/wiki/Merc_Builds#IGOT_a_Need_for_Trophies

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Basically just set yourself up with as much mana regen as you can get (research once you get into that, merc pre-research, angels pre-merc, and throw in druid bloodline at R7+), then autocast tax collection. If you're just trying with pre-merc angels, I wouldn't wait until you've unlocked absolutely everything, but you could probably get enough mana generated to reduce or eliminate the mana regen penalty for using autocasting in the first place.

If you still have that penalty, I suppose you could manually cast (or set up an autoclicker on the tax collection button) until you've unlocked the upgrades to get rid of it, or you could just eat the penalty while it lasts.

If there's another spell that speeds up your mana regen while it's active (e.g. fairy chanting in merc builds that grab mana regen from assistants, blood frenzy in research builds), prioritize that over tax collection once your autocasting has progressed to the point of unlocking Priority Autocasting.

Also, nisi fallor, these unlock for total mana generated in a reincarnation, not total mana generated in an abdication.

Vil fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 24, 2016

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I have autocasting lvl 1 already so I might just setup a heavy mana regen build then auto cast fairy chanting, and set my autoclicker to cast tax collection every 15 seconds or so seems good, but then again with the mana regen penalty maybe I'm better off just using an auto clicker on tax collection.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I got all the autocasting upgrades with that build before bloodlines, took about 3 days.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sindai posted:

I got all the autocasting upgrades with that build before bloodlines, took about 3 days.

Online or off?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Generally with IGOT you set it up with beard carpet so you leave it on for the spellcasts (you don't get nearly as many casts while offline, something like 1-2 per minute)

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Is the Clicker Heroes clan still active at all?

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
I'm feeling stuck on R0 at around 66 Qa gems. Titans for sure gives me the biggest production numbers I need for gems, Druids feel useless and I don't have Faceless yet (I plan on unlocking them on this current playthrough before abdicating. I have 200 excavations and from what I understand, I'll need ~150 Qid coins and 1mil of each faction coin to get Dwarf/Drow, right? Should I just leave LS on autocast once I get to that point for a few days just to have the FC and gold coins necessary for each?

e: well I just doubled my gems bc the forecast was good, is this how I'm supposed to break through with Titans? Wait for good LS forecasts and blow a combo on them?

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Yeah, just cast LS until the forecast says you will hit your target building next cast, save your full mana bar, then blow it all on a full combo with tax collections to use extra mana.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!

diarmuidqq posted:

Yeah, just cast LS until the forecast says you will hit your target building next cast, save your full mana bar, then blow it all on a full combo with tax collections to use extra mana.

Figured as much. Only thing I hate about Titans on R0 is that I have to scry a bunch for FC to get the 500 I need to start but luckily my LS are now giving me enough FC in one cast to get the next two tiers.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

UberChair posted:

Figured as much. Only thing I hate about Titans on R0 is that I have to scry a bunch for FC to get the 500 I need to start but luckily my LS are now giving me enough FC in one cast to get the next two tiers.

Gets easier once you have excavations unlocked.

Titans really are luck based though (well rng seed based)

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Mash posted:

Is the Clicker Heroes clan still active at all?

Not sure if we are full or not but I try to make progress everyday and notice other people progressing as well.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I just picked Clicker Heroes back up, but I last played a long time ago and have never been in a clan. Is there a goon clan with any space that I could join?

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Jester Mcgee posted:

I just picked Clicker Heroes back up, but I last played a long time ago and have never been in a clan. Is there a goon clan with any space that I could join?

The one posted a couple pages ago is full, but I've got enough rubies to make another one. Anyone got any name ideas?

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
Very late to the party

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Done and done.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Realm Grinder has an ingame announcement that the new UI and QoL improvements are arriving on the :siren: 30th June :siren:

Might rekindle my interest, I stopped playing around R28.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I tried getting back into Clicker Heroes when they added transcendence, but it seemed even more simplified than it was before.

Did they remove a lot of the Ancients? It's boring not having the ones that add starting level and starting gold.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

comingafteryouall posted:

I tried getting back into Clicker Heroes when they added transcendence, but it seemed even more simplified than it was before.

Did they remove a lot of the Ancients? It's boring not having the ones that add starting level and starting gold.
Yeah, they turn them off after transcendence for... reasons? Like, sure, stuff is faster post-transcendence, and starting gold isn't REALLY needed now that exactly one click on a monster doesn't break you out of idle (so you can get one kill with the idle gold multiplier), but Iris was the best ancient by a mile and between her being removed and the huge nerf to Kumawakamaru (who needed it, because he was like 500 souls or whatever to get -5 monsters per floor) everything is so drat slow. I came back to CH and already quit again because the game hadn't actually changed any. Figure out what to gild, reset, buy 1000 of that gilded thing, wait to stall out, repeat.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Beasteh posted:

Realm Grinder has an ingame announcement that the new UI and QoL improvements are arriving on the :siren: 30th June :siren:

Might rekindle my interest, I stopped playing around R28.

I hope they balanced out some of the factions. Ever since R7 I'm only using 2, maybe 3 factions through one play. There doesn't seem to be any point in idling unless you're doing the week long merc runs...which you can probably do in a few days of active play instead. Drow, undead, faceless seem all kinda stagnant.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Are there any new good games like A Dark Room/Candy Box/Space Lich Omega that actually have like, end goals? I can't stand these incremental games that just go on forever anymore.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Highblood posted:

Very late to the party

mycelia posted:

Done and done.

The exact name would be...?

EDIT: found it, it's Very Late to the Party.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Are there any new good games like A Dark Room/Candy Box/Space Lich Omega that actually have like, end goals? I can't stand these incremental games that just go on forever anymore.
If you didn't play the Bitcoin Miner ones, there's those two. Otherwise, I don't know of any. Candy Box 2 was not nearly as good as the original but does exist.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Color Printer posted:

The exact name would be...?

EDIT: found it, it's Very Late to the Party.

I also just joined as Mash. Gotta click those heroes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Avocados posted:

I hope they balanced out some of the factions. Ever since R7 I'm only using 2, maybe 3 factions through one play. There doesn't seem to be any point in idling unless you're doing the week long merc runs...which you can probably do in a few days of active play instead. Drow, undead, faceless seem all kinda stagnant.

Faceless were potent for pushing high Rs before prestige research came out; I think drow may be the same now at some point in the post-ascension game? Undead have, yes, been fairly universally hot garbage seeing as their main emphasis is offline (not even idle online) production. Which understandably can't and shouldn't be in the same league as active online production, though perhaps it could at least be bumped up to be semi-comparable to idle online production.

I did get some nice results from active online undead research somewhere in the low R20s though, I think, though I honestly could've gotten nice results with several things in that range.

And drow are necessary to get a few of the trophies in a sane length of time, notably archwizard. That still, admittedly, doesn't make them good for rushing coins/gems/reincarnations, but it's nice that things can be useful for side purposes at least.

Finally if you're going to take a break from the game, faceless is still the faction you want to do it on, since Hive Mind and Faceless challenge 4 are still a thing (even if ascension nerfs both of them to small numbers). Better to get some benefit that lasts beyond the current R, even if it's minor, from all that time spent not playing, than to get no lasting benefit at all.