Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Josh Lyman posted:

How do people think noise cancelling is snake oil? A 10 year old can understand phase shift.

First of all, I can understand being wary if one's first exposure to the concept of destructive interference comes from a product description. Beyond that, though, I think the uncertainty stemmed from doubting that destructive interference could be reliably achieved in practice by a relatively cheap consumer device.

Edit: wish I could preview in the mobile app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Merica posted:

First house. Should close in late August/early sept.

I hate to be that guy, but if you haven't closed you don't own it yet. Congrats on your accepted offer! I hope you have a smooth closing, that's a neat looking house.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Toast Museum posted:

In Awful.app there's a setting for it.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Subjunctive posted:

In Awful.app there's a setting for it.

That's the iOS app, right? If the Android app has the same option, I can't find it.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Teach posted:

The watch is the end result of my selling up a load of cheaper watches over the past couple of months. The book is a late Christmas present - I got some book tokens in December and spent them this afternoon. I'm happy with both purchases so far, but both will reveal over time whether I've made the right decision.

Rookie mistake, should have used your book tokens on a combat knife

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Toast Museum posted:

That's the iOS app, right? If the Android app has the same option, I can't find it.

Ah, yeah. I wasn't sure which you meant.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

First of all, I can understand being wary if one's first exposure to the concept of destructive interference comes from a product description. Beyond that, though, I think the uncertainty stemmed from doubting that destructive interference could be reliably achieved in practice by a relatively cheap consumer device.

For me personally, I was always suspicious of any noise cancelling headphones less than $150.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
To go with my new house, I just got the internet installed, and our ancient grandfathered promo plan was finally a worse deal than their normal FIOS options.

It's... so... beautiful! :swoon:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dewgy posted:

To go with my new house, I just got the internet installed, and our ancient grandfathered promo plan was finally a worse deal than their normal FIOS options.

It's... so... beautiful! :swoon:

I'd that actually 12.5 MB/s, or is it really 12.5 Mb/s?

I hope the former, because no one should be this excited about 12.5 Mb/s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

Steam uses bytes, not bits.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
No one apart from ISPs show DL/UL speeds in bits lol.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

How do people think noise cancelling is snake oil? A 10 year old can understand phase shift.

To be fair, I don't think people even think about how 95% of the time they are in an environment that has x background noise at y frequency. But then people ugh, what do I know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

No one apart from ISPs show DL/UL speeds in bits lol.

Most speed tests do too.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

This finally arrived, not my pic:

Gun parts for those unaware.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Looks goofy as hell but I can't say I wouldn't ride one for the fun of it. How is something like that up/down hills?

also how big is that thing? the one's i've seen were built more like cruiser bikes

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

On a normal bike when you come to a tough hill you stand up out of the saddle right? Well on this bike you're already standing so for hill work its pretty good. As far as size, it can actually fold in the middle, same for the handle bar stand. I couldn't get it in all the way in the trunk of my small car but I'm confident it would fit in my Maxima.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ha, other people covered this, but yeah it's :airquote: 100/100 :airquote: according to Verizon, and in real people time it means downloading HL: Source to test it took under four minutes. About 4x faster than my old connection.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Spending hundreds of $ on not particularly exciting stuff (y)

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

KingColliwog posted:

We are almost out of our infant one. What model is this? Do you like it?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

KingColliwog posted:

I need to buy another base for mine. $90 :(

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Check your privilege.

My connection caps out at 1.8 Mb/s :smith:

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Snowmankilla posted:

We are almost out of our infant one. What model is this? Do you like it?

britax marathon clicktight. It was ridiculously easy to install, has great reviews, the baby seemed to like it and it wasn't super expensive so I'd say I like it. The non-rethread harness height adjustment is a great feature.

ExCruceLeo posted:

I need to buy another base for mine. $90 :(

how come? What happened?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Got a frying pan I'll hold onto for the rest of my life for a good deal.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Part 1 of computer desk makeover!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

SaltLick posted:

Where'd you get it, and for how much? I've been planning to get exactly this pan.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bonton online. There's a $50 off $100 purchase so that dropped it to 69.99. There's a free shipping coupon out there too

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

drat, baby seats and baby strollers look so sporty these days, like they're made by Recaro.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

drat, baby seats and baby strollers look so sporty these days, like they're made by Recaro.

Recaro does in fact make baby seats and they look just as awesome as you'd imagine.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

SaltLick posted:

Is that the 8"? Why not the 10" or 12"? I always thought you would go smaller with nonstick.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

KingColliwog posted:

britax marathon clicktight. It was ridiculously easy to install, has great reviews, the baby seemed to like it and it wasn't super expensive so I'd say I like it. The non-rethread harness height adjustment is a great feature.

how come? What happened?

Need one in each car. During overtime one of us will have to drop the baby off and the other pick her up.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

SaltLick posted:

Bonton online. There's a $50 off $100 purchase so that dropped it to 69.99. There's a free shipping coupon out there too

Whew, caught the sale just before it ended. Thanks!

Josh Lyman posted:

Is that the 8"? Why not the 10" or 12"? I always thought you would go smaller with nonstick.

It's the 12".

Edit: wait, maybe not. I assumed so because I got the 12" at that price, but the one I ordered includes a lid, so I'm not sure exactly what they ordered.

Toast Museum has a new favorite as of 09:44 on Jun 29, 2016

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

ExCruceLeo posted:

Need one in each car. During overtime one of us will have to drop the baby off and the other pick her up.

Oh ok, I thought you broke the base and couldn't understand how that would happen

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

It's the 12"

The picture does make it look smaller though

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Traded in the 2011 for this 2016... coincidentally 3 days before the trade took place the battery died on the old one along with a headlight bulb, I think I got out justtttt in time

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It's page 420 and nobody bought any weed smh

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's page 420 and nobody bought any weed smh

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT