Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Exdeath, Maria, Galuf, 2x Russell, Kain, Shadow, Terra, Duane, Vivi, Miyuki, Sabin

Do I win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PureRok posted:

So what's the easiest way to start playing this without being in Sweden? I've never installed anything any other way but through the app store on anything. I have an iPhone and a Galaxy tablet, so whichever would be easier to do it on.

It went live globally today so uh, go to the app store friend and enjoy.

Also for all the new players add your info to the spreadsheet and add a bunch of goon friends

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

WebDO posted:

It went live globally today so uh, go to the app store friend and enjoy.

Oh, cool. Thanks!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

PureRok posted:

So what's the easiest way to start playing this without being in Sweden? I've never installed anything any other way but through the app store on anything. I have an iPhone and a Galaxy tablet, so whichever would be easier to do it on.

Download it off the play store or whatever apple users do, it's out globally now.

I caved in and used all 22 of my tickets I had, I got an Exdeath, I think it was worth it.

I booted a bunch of inactives, I'm currently running 5* Garland (lvl 80) with 2* Shiva (lvl 12) equipped and Murasame (224 atk, 105 mag, 171 def, 2748 hps) until I get my new Exdeath awakened a couple of times.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I did two pulls (gonna take the advice and save for Rate Ups)
Got Sabin and Garland. Both 3*
Either of these do anything good?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SereneCrimson posted:

Garland is pretty awesome. He hits pretty drat hard when maxed out.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any way to reroll if it is tied to Facebook on iOS? Can't seem to clear the data.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

SereneCrimson posted:

Once you get Garland to 5* he's a beast. He's carried me through everything so far.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Is there any way to reroll if it is tied to Facebook on iOS? Can't seem to clear the data.

Once you have connected it to your facebook you won't be able to re-roll.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Once you have connected it to your facebook you won't be able to re-roll.

Even if you use can use another account? Seems odd there is no way to force it to forget. Ah well.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Well, you can still reroll, just not on that facebook account.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scob posted:

my first pull was a 5 star guy named duane. im guessing hes not good since hes a no name dude?

edit: ok i used gems from the tutorial to pull him. i didnt go back to the main screen and get the tickets. on the 10 ticket pull i received 2 maria (one 4, other 3) 2 kains, 1 exdeath, 1 shadow, 1 krile, 1 vivi, 1 shantotto

Aurora posted:

Exdeath, Maria, Galuf, 2x Russell, Kain, Shadow, Terra, Duane, Vivi, Miyuki, Sabin

Do I win?

If you're looking to wreck poo poo via Black Magic, Vivi's good. He gets Double Cast, allowing you to cast 2 Black Magic Spells in a turn.

Ragequit posted:

Even if you use can use another account? Seems odd there is no way to force it to forget. Ah well.

Go to Menu > Options. The second option should be Account. Tap the Logout button.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
add me for hot vaan stealing action

id:704, 434, 239

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well my pull was pretty garbage. Only 4-star unit was Rydia, the rest were stuff like Terra, Edgar, Penelo, and two Fran/Shadows. Was hoping I'd at least get Sabin since he's one of my favourites but ah well.

I'd reroll but I'm not sure how to do that on iOS (I don't think I've linked it to a FB account yet? Not sure).

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sabin is poo poo tier and Terra is pretty decent.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

To re-roll:

Do the tutorial, make your rolls. If they aren't good enough...
Go to the Home screen.
Click Menu in the upper-right.
Click Options.
On the Account plaque, click Login. This brings you to a Facebook login; use a throwaway Facebook account until you find the team you plan to keep.
It'll ask you if you want to associate your account, give permissions, etc etc (it can't post to your Wall, don't worry), just click OK to everything.
It'll kick you back to the title/splash screen; navigate yourself back to Home->Menu->Options.
Now go to the Account plaque again and click Logout. It won't even ask if you're sure, it just kicks you back to the splash screen.

You're good to go at this point; as long as the splash screen has a "log in to Facebook" button, you're currently playing a fresh BE account. Just repeat the process (you can use the same throwaway account to log in with, you only need a new FB account for the units you plan to keep) until you're bored or you're happy with your units. If you're really enterprising, you can save rolls by making a new Facebook account for ones you might possibly want to keep and logging in to that account instead of your throwaway reroll account.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 30, 2016

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

sooo... 2 Krile, Kain, Maria, Exdeath, 4 star Galuf, 4 star Vaan, and 5 star Celes. I think that's a keeper.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mylan posted:

sooo... 2 Krile, Kain, Maria, Exdeath, 4 star Galuf, 4 star Vaan, and 5 star Celes. I think that's a keeper.

Reroll

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
FYI you can make the steal ability later on. Using Vaan as your thief is a waste of his good stats.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Mylan posted:

That's absolutely a keeper. It's better than my global account (Vaan, Garland, Duane, no healers to speak of) and I've been able to handle 100% of the story content available in the game without too much cursing. You have Maria, so you have a competent healer from the start instead of having to wait for the story mode healer 2/3 the way through the current content.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

You're right. Uninstalled the app and threw my phone in the garbage.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Aurora posted:

Do I win?

Exdeath is fantastic, Terra is also pretty great. Miyuki... has a really nice trust mastery reward. The rest cap at 4* but can be useful early on.

:siren: Just because you pull a 3 star unit from the rare summon doesn't mean it's bad since the best units available can start at 3 stars. :siren:

Kheldarn posted:

If you're looking to wreck poo poo via Black Magic, Vivi's good. He gets Double Cast, allowing you to cast 2 Black Magic Spells in a turn.

Unfortunately he's only a 4* unit with -ra spells so while he's good as far as 4* units goes he won't have the durability or overall power of the 5* mages, especially once you can start crafting -ra spells for those who need more elemental coverage. That said, a level 80 vivi buddy can solo (with some risk) the adv xp dungeon which is nice for leveling your unit(s) of choice early on. A 5* Exdeath/Terra buddy will do so with less risk though.

Mylan posted:

Yeah that's nice. Focus on Exdeath, then Vaan, and by then you'll probably have Fina and you can run Exdeath/Vaan/Fina/Lasswell/Celes(?) or something along those lines. Vaan's full break paired with cheer from Fina lets powerful melee units wreck enemies. I don't know if Celes would be considered a powerful melee unit (probably not) but Lasswell's good and the Murasame isn't too bad to obtain, especially since everyone now has a magitek terra for poisoning the white dragon.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Is there any way to tell how many stars unit is capped at?

Also, did the global release add anything new to the game from where it was previously, or is Grandport/Lanzelt Ruins still the end of the current game?

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
Four 3-star Penelos in my first roll! :henget:

I did a little better and got 4* Rydia, 3* Cloud of Darkness, 4* Shadow, 5* Celes, 2 Galufs, 2 Cyans, Luna and Russel.

There is probably a lot of tutorial repeating ahead of me

edit: 5* ExDeath! 4* Galuf, 4* Vivi, Cline, Edgar, Sabin, more Vivis I may just keep this one

lets be best friends okay fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 30, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I have no idea how the hell you tell the difference between your actual in game friends and some facebook friends in the Friends list in game but I've made a few more openings by kicking nongoon/inactive players. Running a 201 magic Exdeath: 155,948,655

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is there some kind of basic road map of what you should be doing when you start out?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Got myself all set up I guess. I'm not too worried about optimal rolls or whatever. Got a 4 star Cyan and a Vivi, so I guess that's ok. Really wanted a Terra, buuuut whatever.

Feel free to add me 088,605,825

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I did a few pulls with my tickets and got a Shantotto, a Shadow, and another Krile. I stopped after that.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

PureRok posted:

Got myself all set up I guess. I'm not too worried about optimal rolls or whatever. Got a 4 star Cyan and a Vivi, so I guess that's ok. Really wanted a Terra, buuuut whatever.

Feel free to add me 088,605,825

That's one of the shittiest starts possible considering they are giving you 11-12 free pulls. Don't be lazy and reroll.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 30, 2016

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Are the locked chests random? Or are they always the same?

If they're the same, is there a list of which ones should be opened for the best things?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

SereneCrimson posted:

Are the locked chests random? Or are they always the same?

If they're the same, is there a list of which ones should be opened for the best things?

They're always the same. All of the ones on the first island are utter trash, ignore them. The Brave Exvius Global Wiki has excellent maps for each of the towns and exploration zones, including labeling the locked chests and showing what their contents are.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Zurai posted:

To re-roll:

Do the tutorial, make your rolls. If they aren't good enough...
Go to the Home screen.
Click Menu in the upper-right.
Click Options.
On the Account plaque, click Login. This brings you to a Facebook login; use a throwaway Facebook account until you find the team you plan to keep.
It'll ask you if you want to associate your account, give permissions, etc etc (it can't post to your Wall, don't worry), just click OK to everything.
It'll kick you back to the title/splash screen; navigate yourself back to Home->Menu->Options.
Now go to the Account plaque again and click Logout. It won't even ask if you're sure, it just kicks you back to the splash screen.

You're good to go at this point; as long as the splash screen has a "log in to Facebook" button, you're currently playing a fresh BE account. Just repeat the process (you can use the same throwaway account to log in with, you only need a new FB account for the units you plan to keep) until you're bored or you're happy with your units. If you're really enterprising, you can save rolls by making a new Facebook account for ones you might possibly want to keep and logging in to that account instead of your throwaway reroll account.

How do you try to match a new account with a separate facebook account? I had linked some saved rolls with one facebook account, but my phone seems to want to automatically log me into that facebook account every time I hit the log in button without a way to switch accounts.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Kagon posted:

How do you try to match a new account with a separate facebook account? I had linked some saved rolls with one facebook account, but my phone seems to want to automatically log me into that facebook account every time I hit the log in button without a way to switch accounts.

You may have to log out of Facebook on your phone, outside of Brave Exvius. It seems to vary a bit whether that's needed or not.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Should I actually give a poo poo about rerolls or is this game perfectly fine if you just freakin play the game?

Also I preregistered and don't seem to have gotten a code or anything, are those not out yet?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Alright my player ID is 122100782 if people are adding people

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

Should I actually give a poo poo about rerolls or is this game perfectly fine if you just freakin play the game?

Also I preregistered and don't seem to have gotten a code or anything, are those not out yet?

Probably more efficient to start with a dream team and not waste time/exp/materials on units that'll get benched later, but you can get through most of the game just fine with anyone tbh.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

Reroll, they give you 12 rerolls worth of stuff there isn't going to be a better time later on. Preregister stuff is in the inbox after tutorial, no code.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ended up with Vaan, Bartz, Krile, and 4* Cyan. Seems like a good start.

No idea what I'm doing but I'll toss a bunch of poo poo in a party and see what happens.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EzEight posted:

Reroll, they give you 12 rerolls worth of stuff there isn't going to be a better time later on. Preregister stuff is in the inbox after tutorial, no code.

Well that isn't exactly true. We should be getting rate up's later on so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Yeah, you can get through all of the content without rerolling but people are saying to reroll because you get 12 free rolls due to the launch event, as opposed to 1. Now is the best time (when starting fresh) to get one of the top tier units that will carry you without having in-app it.

• Locked thread