Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Come on, I want to see your version of Gary Johnson

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm really hoping he confused Johnson with the dancing fat guy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

I'm really hoping he confused Johnson with the dancing fat guy.

Any random person at that convention is tailor made for cartoons.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Any random person at that convention is tailor made for cartoons.

While true, the fat stripper with an iron cross tattoo, who is also a candidate, tops them all.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 30, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DaveWoo posted:

How goddamn divorced from reality do you have to be to look at the clusterfuck going on in Britain right now and think, "yes, this was a great result for them".

The typical response to this is "the markets will adjust themselves with time, and the long-term benefits of leaving the EU (fewer immigrants, and, uh, sovereignty?) outweigh the short-term economic losses."

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Farting out inverted commas all the way to the door.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Pakled posted:

The typical response to this is "the markets will adjust themselves with time, and the long-term benefits of leaving the EU (fewer immigrants, and, uh, sovereignty?) outweigh the short-term economic losses."

Certain parts of America will continue to cheer Brexit until they forget about it in a few weeks and treat this strange 2008 recession that came out of nowhere as Hillary's fault for winning the presidency.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tritanomalicious posted:

That lion's gotta be singing a jazzy tune.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I dont know posted:

While true, the fat stripper with an iron cross tattoo, who is also a candidate, tops them all.

He's going to end up as the animal symbol for the Libertarian party.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

This is good and true, no matter if you're on a reservation or not.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Cameron and Corbyn's exchange in PMQs – Conservative and Labour leaders debate fallout from EU vote – including effect on each other’s careers"

Telegraph:

Times:

Tory leadership: Johnson and May to enter contest; Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie out tomorrow.

Mail:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Holy God Boris is perfect as an abfab hag I can't believe no one has done it before.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I dont know posted:

Even better, after the fat stripper some dude went "that was appalling! That man defrauded us!"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Re: Batman chat, you can always try to make a greeting card out of this meme if you care about canon that much:

AGC.

Like, it's an ideology specifically dedicated to hindering and reverting social progress. Of course it's evil.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

Even better, after the fat stripper some dude went "that was appalling! That man defrauded us!"

Wasn't a major source of their contention over Gary Johnson the fact that he supports driver's licenses?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
For gently caress's sake, Cameron, you can't even get one of the most famous specifically English Parliamentary quotations right. I live in loving America, mate, and it's "In the name of God, Go!"

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Redeye Flight posted:

For gently caress's sake, Cameron, you can't even get one of the most famous specifically English Parliamentary quotations right. I live in loving America, mate, and it's...

Expecto Corbynorum!

Redeye Flight posted:

... "In the name of God, Go!"

Oh.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I'm auctioning my autographed Tim Kreider book in SAmart for a good cause. I figure if there are Kreider fans anywhere on this forum, it's right here.
If I'm breaking any thread rules by pimping this, sorry, I'll pretend to be contrite for a day or two.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Hah! I wish.

"In the name of God, go!" is the cap of Oliver Cromwell's big gently caress-off speech to the Long Parliament, a body which had just dissolved itself and was proceeding to try and find ways to stay in power. Cromwell is kind of a big deal in the history of the evolution of the modern British state; there's a statue of him literally right next to Westminister, you could throw a ball underhanded from the windows and hit him in the head. It was ALSO repeated to Neville Chamberlain in the catastrophic meeting that led to him resigning in favor of Winston Churchill. It's KIND of an important repeating phrase in British history and I'm almost happier Cameron hosed it up, because GOD knows this scenario doesn't deserve it and won't be remembered remotely in the same vein as those two, if anyone remembers it at all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I believe the man who only cares about coffee.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Cute reference to the ex-secret service agent who the Secret Service is calling a f'n liar. (Guy was a uniformed type, he wouldn't have the access to the President and family he claims)

FronzelNeekburm posted:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/29/istanbul-airport-attack-death-toll/

Or, you know, Chechens.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Aren't there like a dozen attacks in Turkey a month? Why are all the cartoon people up in arms about it all of a sudden

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Epic High Five posted:

Aren't there like a dozen attacks in Turkey a month? Why are all the cartoon people up in arms about it all of a sudden

I'm surprised they are actually because you know Muslims gonna Mus

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Not America, no good puns or sight gags, not strong enough twitter hashtag like Je sus Charlie

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm impressed, this is actually an accurate usage of the term "lame duck" :golfclap:

Well, almost -- both Cameron and Corbyn have had the ends of their terms declared and are running out the clock (or I think so in Corbyn's case; I don't know exactly what the no-confidence vote signifies), but neither has had a successor named yet. Still pretty good, and certainly better than the usual usage you tend to see (meaning "politician whom I personally dislike")

e: that said the crutches are on the wrong side and that bothers me

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

loquacius posted:

I'm impressed, this is actually an accurate usage of the term "lame duck" :golfclap:

Well, almost -- both Cameron and Corbyn have had the ends of their terms declared and are running out the clock (or I think so in Corbyn's case; I don't know exactly what the no-confidence vote signifies), but neither has had a successor named yet. Still pretty good, and certainly better than the usual usage you tend to see (meaning "politician whom I personally dislike")

I believe those are the medically-recommended sides for crutches to be on. They want the crutch to touch down at the same time as the wounded leg, so it can provide some support and reduce the load on the injury.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FronzelNeekburm posted:

What alternate universe does he live in where all the groups he hates automatically agree on something like this even if it has nothing to do with them? I get that he's a homophobe, racist, anti-environment idiot running his congregation like his personal cult, but at least bitch about something that actually happened.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I kind of like this one. It's the only one to draw the wider political climate connection between brexit and Trump without being a dumb "brexit voters will vote against hillary" cartoon.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Geostomp posted:

What alternate universe does he live in where all the groups he hates automatically agree on something like this even if it has nothing to do with them? I get that he's a homophobe, racist, anti-environment idiot running his congregation like his personal cult, but at least bitch about something that actually happened.

He's making a joke about the reaction to the Orlando shooting because to him both that and the bombing in Turkey are clearly manifestations of Islamist violence (and nothing else). You can take issues with that, or say it's a badly made joke, but you might as well complain that the stuff in Bad Reporter didn't literally happen.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Butt exit

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

loquacius posted:

we got a non-House watcher here

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

prefect posted:

I believe those are the medically-recommended sides for crutches to be on. They want the crutch to touch down at the same time as the wounded leg, so it can provide some support and reduce the load on the injury.

You're supposed to lean on the crutch, and also to avoid putting too much weight on the wounded leg. So the crutch has got to be on the side of the healthy leg, so that you don't lean on the side of the broken leg.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Well they didn't look like walking casts, so I assumed they weren't supposed to be touching the ground at all and the crutch would be what's holding them up on that side instead of that leg :shrug:

The point about the term "lame duck" remains and that's the one I really cared about :colbert:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mr. Squishy posted:

He's making a joke about the reaction to the Orlando shooting because to him both that and the bombing in Turkey are clearly manifestations of Islamist violence (and nothing else). You can take issues with that, or say it's a badly made joke, but you might as well complain that the stuff in Bad Reporter didn't literally happen.

I meant claiming that all these groups blamed it on Republicans, but as you pointed out it's all the same to this guy, so I guess I works out.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes on Trump's support for waterboarding and torture in general...

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Mister Beeg posted:

I was wondering if there were going to be cartoons about her. Pat Summitt graduated from my local university, so her death's been a big news over here.
Yeah. I'm from east TN so I was keeping an eye out too. There were less than I expected.
Bennett, Daniel, Pett, Day, Gamble, and Crowe.
I'm kind of surprised JRRose didn't make one.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Warcabbit posted:

Cute reference to the ex-secret service agent who the Secret Service is calling a f'n liar. (Guy was a uniformed type, he wouldn't have the access to the President and family he claims)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/29/istanbul-airport-attack-death-toll/

Or, you know, Chechens.

He was deeply tied to the Clinton family, he was in their inner circle that one time Carl got sick and he had to fill in for a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

"I'll draw the democrat president saying that he doesn't like republicans!"

Way to power through that writer's block, Tinsley.

If only there was someone in the current political climate who actually says hilarious things you could riff on...

• Locked thread