Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, Trump did reverse himself on one thing - he now says he should have left up the anti-Hillary image with the six-pointed star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

i'm far from a trump supporter, but that doesn't seem really firm to me

all of his support is for the state, which gels with his belief it's a state issue, so unless he more explicitly says he supports the bill, thinks it's a good bill and other states should adopt similar laws, then i'm holding off on saying he flipped on that issue

The problem with it is that if you support states rights in this instance, you're supporting the right of individual states to limit the rights of individuals based on their gender identities. You can't back the state on this issue without being anti-trans rights.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

radical meme posted:

OK this is at least the fourth, maybe more, reference to crabs/buckets I've seen in these forums today. What the gently caress happened; did everyone go to a crab boil on the 4th?

It's a reference to an old wives tale about a bunch of crabs in a bucket. When you start to boil them, they all try to clamber up and escape, but none of them make it because the ones below keep grabbing the ones halfway out and pulling them back in.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

radical meme posted:

OK this is at least the fourth, maybe more, reference to crabs/buckets I've seen in these forums today. What the gently caress happened; did everyone go to a crab boil on the 4th?

it's the magic of memes

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The problem with it is that if you support states rights in this instance, you're supporting the right of individual states to limit the rights of individuals based on their gender identities. You can't back the state on this issue without being anti-trans rights.

let me be super clear, i don't support it in anyway, nor do i support leaving it up to the state (i'm from NC and get embarrassed when it comes up no matter what because ugh), just saying it's not a flip on the issue if he didn't really change his position

it's a lovely position, especially from someone who claims to be great for the ELL GEE BEE TEE community, but to me he hasn't changed his position

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Karl Sharks posted:

let me be super clear, i don't support it in anyway, nor do i support leaving it up to the state (i'm from NC and get embarrassed when it comes up no matter what because ugh), just saying it's not a flip on the issue if he didn't really change his position

it's a lovely position, especially from someone who claims to be great for the ELL GEE BEE TEE community, but to me he hasn't changed his position

His original position was that it seemed like a stupid thing for the state to get involved in. Now he's saying that it's a good thing that the state is getting involved.

He changed his position.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

haveblue posted:

It's a reference to an old wives tale about a bunch of crabs in a bucket. When you start to boil them, they all try to clamber up and escape, but none of them make it because the ones below keep grabbing the ones halfway out and pulling them back in.

Wait, is that not actually true? Man, I gotta sit down.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "When people treat you unfairly, just turn your back and go someplace else. Or knock them on their rear end. One or the other."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr Jaunts posted:

Wait, is that not actually true? Man, I gotta sit down.

I have no idea if it actually happens. I know the frog boiling thing isn't true.

Anyone have a bunch of crabs and a grill?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

WampaLord posted:

His original position was that it seemed like a stupid thing for the state to get involved in. Now he's saying that it's a good thing that the state is getting involved.

He changed his position.

oh yeah i forgot he originally talked about how bad it was for businesses

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So nobody liked my "Hillgrave" joke? That's fine. I didn't come to D&D to make FRIENDS. :saddowns:

Okay, I got a question about one thing Comey said yesterday. He said that they have no proof that Hillary's server(s) was hacked, but did say that it's possible that the people who she communicated with, might have gotten hacked. Maybe I'm missing something basic here, but how would that be Hillary's fault?

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Zachack posted:

It's not apt because there was no benefit to being a slave while there is a benefit to going to college, plus the whole actual enslavement with whips thing. Arguing that Group A should get a benefit at the real expense of debatably faultless Group B is how you wind up with a failed proposal in a democracy. It's not even crab bucket mentality before you jump on that tired bandwagon.

Lets find a middle ground and how about black people get to go to college for free. I mean, its not like we will live long enough to actually use the education in any meaningful way considering the modern day lynchings that are happening.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

I have no idea if it actually happens. I know the frog boiling thing isn't true.

Anyone have a bunch of crabs and a grill?

I don't know a thing about crabs, but with Crawfish they die on impact with the boiling water, letting out a death screech that is actually the air being forcibly boiled out of their bodies.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/750849784613773315

Ok ladies now lets get in formation....

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Woah, sounds like he's trying to use this opportunity to get her to endorse some of his policy ideas. Wild!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I regret removing a six pointed star placed on an attack ad poster created by literal neo-nazis - A presidential candidate in 2016

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 7, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Joementum posted:

Woah, sounds like he's trying to use this opportunity to get her to endorse some of his policy ideas. Wild!

Yup

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/750850346805633025

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:pusheen:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Add Marco Rubio to the list of republicans who will not be attending the RNC

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Add Marco Rubio to the list of republicans who will not be attending the RNC

could he not find a chaperone?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Karl Sharks posted:

could he not find a chaperone?

He was concerned it'd be hard to hydrate when the local bodies of water keeping catching on fire.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

My Imaginary GF posted:

Bluedogs are dead because the President chose to ignore Rahm Emanual when it came time for executive leadership, instead choosing to side with his friends in the senate over the people of America. If Clinton were President, then blue dogs would be giving Democrats their majorities.

I just happen to think that a Clinton administration will be a great time to be a blue dog democrat, and am positioning myself accordingly.

You really shouldn't talk about yourself in the third person, it's weird.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I cannot loving wait for Trump to come out in support of the police. The Republican party is just cartoonishly evil now.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Karl Sharks posted:

The Quiltbags love him. He has the best Quiltbags.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SquadronROE posted:

I cannot loving wait for Trump to come out in support of the police. The Republican party is just cartoonishly evil now.

Especially when asked about this:

:nms:

https://www.facebook.com/jazminesullivan/videos/10154325577779605/

:nms:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

:qq: But why won't he just endorse her right now and tell House democrats how he's going to help them win their elections :qq:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Is this the pivot

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Grognan posted:

says the establishment that wonders why midterm enthusiasm is through the floor.

Whats there to wonder about? The youth don't vote, so the Democratic party needs to quit pandering to them and start pandering to those who turn out in midterms.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

Is this the pivot

It's the horseshoe pivot.

You see, if he goes far enough to the right he can then attack Clinton from the left. :tinfoil:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Huh. Last I checked Hillary didn't need him to endorse. Why are we humoring him?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I wonder if we'll hear more about the "free college for app-trepreneurs" plan. Guessing no.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

Crowsbeak posted:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2014/08/18/would-sweden-ever-extradite-assange-to-the-united-states/

Not for political reasons. Sorry but facts don;t agree with you tankie. So why do you think an accused rapist shouldn't stand trial?

What are you talking about? He didn't rape anyone. They had consensual sex. He pretended to use a condom, and she wanted to him to go get a std test. This aint roman Polanski we're talking about.

I would think the question of whether she caught anything would have been settled years ago. I think he is right to be paranoid cause this whole thing is coming off as a bunch of government agencies having an axe to grind.

If this is really about "rape" just loving give the assurances that the USA isn't seeking extradition and that Sweden wont extradite him.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dicky mouse posted:

What are you talking about? He didn't rape anyone. They had consensual sex. He pretended to use a condom, and she wanted to him to go get a std test. This aint roman Polanski we're talking about.

I would think the question of whether she caught anything would have been settled years ago. I think he is right to be paranoid cause this whole thing is coming off as a bunch of government agencies having an axe to grind.

If this is really about "rape" just loving give the assurances that the USA isn't seeking extradition and that Sweden wont extradite him.

Lying about using a condom is actually rape, fyi. The fact you think it isn't is kinda hosed up.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Bet all those years attacking other women for wanting equal pay and helping to normalize rape culture really helped matters, didn't they?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/750840556432023552

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

*zoux begins furiously masturbating*

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Dicky mouse posted:

A bunch of government agencies have axes to grind but also he raped someone.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mr Interweb posted:

So nobody liked my "Hillgrave" joke? That's fine. I didn't come to D&D to make FRIENDS. :saddowns:

Okay, I got a question about one thing Comey said yesterday. He said that they have no proof that Hillary's server(s) was hacked, but did say that it's possible that the people who she communicated with, might have gotten hacked. Maybe I'm missing something basic here, but how would that be Hillary's fault?

It'd be her fault because her last name is Clinton.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
You're supposed to put the crabs in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before you boil them you monsters :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

rscott posted:

You're supposed to put the crabs in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before you boil them you monsters :mad:

I like to hear the shrieks.

• Locked thread