Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm still playing blanc v zombies and mostly playing as uni. i used all the accessory slots, so she has three watches on her right forearm and another, enormous one around her waist. if i was more invested, i would make relevant one liners while playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ozdhaka posted:

Sadly, the Costume Canvas option is only available for original Nep mk2 (for Nepgear only) and Nep Victory (for all CPUs and CPU Candidates), and there is a note on another post further down about it's functionality. That said, if you know how to mess with the texture packs in the Steam releases, you can also mod in your favorite textures onto the Re;Birth titles. I've never tried messing with my copies, though, so I can't help you on that.

That's pretty minor, wow. Thanks for the info.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i'm still playing blanc v zombies and mostly playing as uni. i used all the accessory slots, so she has three watches on her right forearm and another, enormous one around her waist. if i was more invested, i would make relevant one liners while playing.

Please tell me you play with this playing in the background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHVeyo4W18U

thorsilver posted:

I'm gonna pick up the latest PC Nep, but what's the consensus on all that DLC? Is it worth getting the complete DLC pack or is some of it skippable? I'm mostly interested in the new characters, maybe the weapons, but if there's enough good there to justify picking up the pack I could be persuaded.

If you decide to get the DLC theres a DLC-only pack (so no artbook/soundtrack) which shaves another $5 off the complete pack.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Please tell me you play with this playing in the background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHVeyo4W18U

what is...this isn't sung by a vocaloid! jesus what have you done to me!!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You know, I was pleasently surprised at the english VA in V-II. Especially regarding to big Nep, Melissa Fahn managed a perfect middle point between Neptune's regular voice and Purple Heart's to do Big Nep's voice. The Golden Third also have great voices and their introduction was pretty drat nice, I'd wish their names were different. *-Sha sounds kind of generic for my liking.

Vert's new voice will require some time to get used to. Is a one time deal I hope.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Well, I finally got Platinum on the Noire game.

5 games down, 2 more on the Vita to go :negative:.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BlazeEmblem posted:

I salute you, BlazeEmblem.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

13/f/cali posted:

Next: A Neptunia game where all the CPUs struggle because a PC CPU comes along and offers better prices for the same products.

but nobody can perform her inputs, and also she randomly dies at inopportune moments for no reason whatsoever

also her stats steadily decrease as she levels up until you reformat her back to level 1

on the plus side she gets shop discounts on everything, if she doesn't outright steal it

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

How many days of lily rank grinding did it take you?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stood in a circle,
Kissing all the girls

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

sporadicsarcasm posted:

How many days of lily rank grinding did it take you?

About 2 weeks. It wasn't fun.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Honestly, I'd just cheat engine that poo poo and set lily ranks to max. About the only game in the entire series, main games or otherwise that isn't a ridiculous grind is V-II and even that's still somewhat grindy, just not to insane levels.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can't cheat engine stuff on Vita

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Vita Means Honesty

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
Don't cheat on Nep

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Don't go for platinums

In any game really, not just Nep

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I platinumed Bloodborne and I'd do it again

I'd never touch anything grindy like a JRPG though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I almost platted FF13-2 but accomplishing all the goals I set out for myself put me one medal away from it which I didn't care about. That's the closest I've ever gotten.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Rebirth 1 representative of the series? I got it while it was cheap, and, well, didn't care much for it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Rebirth 1 representative of the series? I got it while it was cheap, and, well, didn't care much for it.

Yes. It's not the best game in the series but it's reasonably representative.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Unlucky7 posted:

You can pick a random cutscene out of any other game and watch it on YouTube, but I think you'll find it's all very familiar

Unless of course you're talking about the gameplay, in which case lol

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

If you didn't like the humor or characters then no, you won't like the others. If it was the gameplay you couldn't stand then you might like V-II better but that's not a guarantee and it still plays the same way as Rebirth 1, just improved and refined. But nobody plays for the gameplay anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I liked the gameplay of Hyperdevotion Noire

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

cheetah7071 posted:

that's a whole other type of game though, a big exception

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What are those two songs that play during EXE drives?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

-Troika- posted:

What are those two songs that play during EXE drives?

Which game?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Takoluka posted:

Which game?

Megadimension, the most recent one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They all have the same soundtrack anyway

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

-Troika- posted:

Megadimension, the most recent one.

Special moves are "Nepgear's Theme Ver.V.". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L81LiZtXxk
NEXT Form special moves are "Drive Away". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy200JcDukw

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Drive Away just plays for any EXE in VII, it's not just the NEXT form moves.

Sakurazuka posted:

They all have the same soundtrack anyway
VII has a comparatively more unique and all around cooler OST.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

V-II does have a surprisingly great soundtrack, in the previous games there was only a few tracks I liked.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!
I'm buying one of these $15 megadimension DLC weapon packs so I can power through this latest nepnep grindfest, but which one? There's 3 of them, and I figured 'ultimate' was the best, but it doesn't seem to be that popular on psn compared to the other 2 so I dunno ??????

cheetah7071 posted:

This game is an outlier in the series, as it feels more like a Sting game than an IF one, I wish they sequelized this as well, but it seems niche in an already niche series

tenderjerk fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 11, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"Ultimate" came out last, annoyingly, and it features 3 weapons for each character with varying benefits. If you're going to go with a pack, go with that one.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just grab a trainer if you don't want to grind a whole lot. I get 99999999999 exp every battle and even now in the mid 800s it's only leveling me up one or two levels.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neptune v Sega Hard Girls site got an update!

http://ideafintl.com/nep-sega-us/

quote:

A Superdimensional war for the history books!
The Goddesses of Gamindustri VS Sega Hard Girls!

The Grand Library holds the history of the world within its shelves.
Legend says that if one was to tamper with the books kept there,
the past itself could be completely rewritten...

A daring adventurer known as IF discovered the location
of this revered library and finally crossed its threshold.

Little did she know, a disaster of of historical
proportions is about to occur before her very eyes.

Books begin to vanish from the library's shelves; the reasons for this occurrence are shrouded in mystery...

The history of the world is disappearing before her very eyes.

IF sets out on a journey across time to uncover the truth! Will she be able to work together with both the
Sega Hard Girls and CPUs to recover the lost history?
Will they really be able to save the world?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

"Ultimate" came out last, annoyingly, and it features 3 weapons for each character with varying benefits. If you're going to go with a pack, go with that one.

Just a note that in the ultimate set, two of the 3 weapons for each character are really good, one of which has a 10% exp bonus, but the third weapon is a joke weapon. It has better stats but you will die in 4 turns if you equip it as a result of taking 25% hp damage every turn. You can still use it but you either need to win quickly or heal frequently.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

To be honest, it's only really the post-game content in Megadimension Neptunia VII that you really need to grind for. I found the main story to be surprisingly fairly well balanced for a Compile Heart game and a nice change of pace for the lots of grinding you had to do in the earlier games just to keep up with storyline bosses. So I wouldn't use any of the overpowered DLC weapons until the post-game if you can help it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Neptune v Sega Hard Girls site got an update!

http://ideafintl.com/nep-sega-us/

Huh, so Segami is basically Sonic.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Huh, so Segami is basically Sonic.

Not at all. Her major ability in the game is to transform into the Sega Hard Girls, so I think she just embodies the whole Sega enterprise. She doesn't even really have any Sonic moves, and the only "fast" person in the game is IF, because she drives a motorcycle that Neptune eventually ends up possessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Sega Hard Girls anime has a "Fall" release date, so you have to wonder if they're working with IF to keep the dubbing voices the same.