Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Other than those grips super hyped for CWC :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I've seen Perkins wrestle live a few times, and I've been pleasantly surprised a couple times and not into it at all a few others. He's alright, but knowing what a tool he is irl makes it difficult for me to get invested in his matches.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Did anybody else find it weird that they discussed every matchup except Davari and Ho Ho Lun? I watched Bracketology on the network and it wasn't on there.

Also whoever thought that "rather than focus on the person talking, we should have the camera zoom in on the other person nodding" should be fired.

Finally, I have not seen ZSJ wrestle but dude needs some muscle - he has the saddest lanky man torso I've ever seen.

Also Gallagher's high cut trunks are disturbing. I know they're like an inch away from normal wrestling trunks but they just look so much more like underpants.

ZSJ rules and him being a cute boy is half of his appeal.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Go RV! posted:

I don't know if Alexa got even goddamn better, or if Carmella dragged her down/Bayley is really goddamn good, but she looked loving GREAT in that last episode.

I had to go back and double-check she actually slap the thigh and didn't just plaster Bayley in the face on that big right hand.

Bliss is really good now. She has her in ring work, and character down. Her facial expressions covey pissed off heel so well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zsj is a prick twink heel please do not pretend he is a babyface

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

zsj is a prick twink heel please do not pretend he is a babyface

zsj is my boyfriend

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The_Rob posted:

ZSJ rules and him being a cute boy is half of his appeal.

He is cute but that rotating picture they had on his profile had the saddest midsection since Baron Corbin. And while I'm sure he can those arms don't look like they could suplex anyone safely.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

He is cute but that rotating picture they had on his profile had the saddest midsection since Baron Corbin. And while I'm sure he can those arms don't look like they could suplex anyone safely.

Zack looking super unintimidating until he starts kicking the poo poo out of people and twisting them into knots is half of the appeal

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Did anybody else find it weird that they discussed every matchup except Davari and Ho Ho Lun? I watched Bracketology on the network and it wasn't on there.
They didn't discuss Harv Shira v Drew Gulak, Noam Dar v Gurv Shira, Anthony Bennett v Tony Nese, Cedric Alexander v Clement Petiot, or Mustafa Ali v Lince Dorado. They were focusing only on the match-ups they found most interesting.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i get the human interest appeal of tjp, but i lost all interest in him in the cwc when i found out that big stoke wasn't managing him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Zack looking super unintimidating until he starts kicking the poo poo out of people and twisting them into knots is half of the appeal

I'll be stunned if WWE don't sign him, considering they must see a British Bryan Danielson every time they look at him. Which, with the brand split, means he could actually do pretty drat well for himself.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AMReese posted:

They didn't discuss Harv Shira v Drew Gulak, Noam Dar v Gurv Shira, Anthony Bennett v Tony Nese, Cedric Alexander v Clement Petiot, or Mustafa Ali v Lince Dorado. They were focusing only on the match-ups they found most interesting.

Does anyone know if those matches have the cool Vs. screens like all the others had?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Does anyone know if those matches have the cool Vs. screens like all the others had?

This is what I meant by the way, I thought Graves mentioned every match and they had that VS screen except for Ho Ho Lun v Davari.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
CWC thread posted. Talk about how the Cruiserweights are tired of Cruiserwaiting brother http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782552

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

and tbh how do you embark on a professional career and keep the name Perkins, that's like calling yourself Matt Hardees

Pentagon Carl's Jr.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Go RV! posted:

I don't know if Alexa got even goddamn better, or if Carmella dragged her down/Bayley is really goddamn good, but she looked loving GREAT in that last episode.

I had to go back and double-check she actually slap the thigh and didn't just plaster Bayley in the face on that big right hand.

I had the exact same thoughts. Easily the best Alexa match I've ever seen, her offense actually looked and sounded really good for a change. Plus she's small enough that Bayley was able to toss her around like crazy. She's really progressed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I want Gargano and Ciampa to have a manager when they tag, so that when Gargano's the face in peril and going for the hot tag, the manager can yell GET TO THE CIAMPA

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gaz-L posted:

I'll be stunned if WWE don't sign him, considering they must see a British Bryan Danielson every time they look at him. Which, with the brand split, means he could actually do pretty drat well for himself.

On the night he won the PWG title he said that we're never going to get rid of him now, and a pro wrestler would never lie to the fans!

Supposedly HHH likes him a lot (which would make sense, as he's so close to Regal) and that might make up for him not having the WWE look, but who knows.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Watching NXT

Why is Bayley getting boos at all

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ZenVulgarity posted:

Watching NXT

From what I've seen from regulars in the Full Sail crowd on twitter, it seems like there is this group that is sick of her being the focus of the NXT women's divison, along with the fact that NXT seems to focus only on a small group of women at a time when they could be debuting Athena, Nikki Storm, or elevating Billie Kay/Aliyah/Liv Morgan/Peyton Royce, etc

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Bayley is the female John Cena, except we're already past the point where she learns how to wrestle good and she isn't as good on the mic.

As long as we get the part where she makes lots of money and wins 15 world titles I'm good.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Full

Sail sucks

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

From what I've seen from regulars in the Full Sail crowd on twitter, it seems like there is this group that is sick of her being the focus of the NXT women's divison, along with the fact that NXT seems to focus only on a small group of women at a time when they could be debuting Athena, Nikki Storm, or elevating Billie Kay/Aliyah/Liv Morgan/Peyton Royce, etc

NXT only focuses on a small group of people, period. There's literally 4 tag teams and like 6 singles guys who get TV time. They're basically complaining that the show's only an hour long.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'd bet it's more Full Sail being super smarky and some people cheering the heels and booing faces just because. Asuka gets booed on occasion, and every jobber woman gets a chant or two, no matter who they're against.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Bayley's NXT story is finished and it's clear she's just floating around doing nothing, not a surprise she'd stop being super over

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
reminder that when Dana Brooke debuted and was insanely loving bad (she's good now) there was a substantial portion of full sail ironically cheering her, because they're awful

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Full Sail is a wretched hive of scum and villainy

That and it sucks

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Bayley's NXT story is finished and it's clear she's just floating around doing nothing, not a surprise she'd stop being super over

They're basically keeping her around because they need a big match for the semi-main in Brooklyn, and Asuka vs Nia 2 or Asuka vs Bliss would be underwhelming. Joe vs Nakamura's obviously gonna be the main event, but what are they doing for the tag? Revival vs Gargano/Ciampa? Where do the Authors of Pain fit?

fake edit: I'm also sad that Dana isn't doing her side flip thing for her entrance anymore now she's with Charlotte.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The Authors of Pain will obviously keep bashing American Alpha. They will have one last match, AA will be beaten and go to the main roster, and the AoP will stay around to feud for the titles.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

pressedbunny posted:

I'd bet it's more Full Sail being super smarky and some people cheering the heels and booing faces just because. Asuka gets booed on occasion, and every jobber woman gets a chant or two, no matter who they're against.

Only time I remember her being booed was because she brought up the fact she took the title from Bayley.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Marquis de Pyro posted:

People have said all along that Bayley is going to be the female John Cena, getting booed while being a whitemeat babyface is a natural progression toward this goal

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Watching NXT

Personally I am going to boo everyone who goes against my tsundere princess Alexa Bliss. Someday I will kiss her cheek and she will make the most disgusted face ever.

I can't speak for the dorks at full sail though, they probably turned on her for getting injured or something equally ridiculous.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tony Nese has apparently signed with WWE. He may be main roster bound as he signed and did his medicals with all the WWE Draft returning talent.

Totally winning the CWC also obviously.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I don't see that happening, even if you're joking.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They prefer their small men to be jacked so it's not totally surprising that Nese would get a deal. But I would be deeply surprised if the CWC went to anyone who wasn't a feature on Bracketology. They've been pretty good at sticking with talking points when it comes to NXT storylines and I don't see why the CWC would be any different.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Basic Chunnel posted:

They prefer their small men to be jacked so it's not totally surprising that Nese would get a deal. But I would be deeply surprised if the CWC went to anyone who wasn't a feature on Bracketology. They've been pretty good at sticking with talking points when it comes to NXT storylines and I don't see why the CWC would be any different.

It could be a 'plans change' situation if they booked the tournament with the intention that it would persuade guys like Metalik, Ibushi, or Tozawa to sign and they ended up rebuffing WWE, I suppose. If that were the case they could always default to Gargano or Swann winning though (provided that the former is signing full-time with NXT as is the rumor).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I've never understood this mindset, that wrestlers in NXT (or ROH, or anywhere small) can only have limited lifespans, yet I've never heard anyone say "Well, Punk, Bryan, etc had to leave anyway, since their stories were finished."

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I think the idea is that once a wrestler in NXT finishes their big story, they move up to main roster.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Davros1 posted:

I've never understood this mindset, that wrestlers in NXT (or ROH, or anywhere small) can only have limited lifespans, yet I've never heard anyone say "Well, Punk, Bryan, etc had to leave anyway, since their stories were finished."

Nxt is supposed to be a steppingstone to the main roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Davros1 posted:

Two reasons: #1 NXT is a minor league promotion

#2 Bayley's entire run was built around her being the underdog going for the title. She did that, she won it, and then she lost it. To another face for that matter. What is there really left to do? It wouldn't make sense to change her character when she should be called up to the main roster with the same character.

• Locked thread