Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Pew! Pew pew pew! I'm a fashion queen! Pew pew!

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Now that we've got a brand new set of CM Inductees I'd like to reintroduce this ancient Pac Standard custom among goons.

Crowd Control must channel their energies creatively.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
anyone online now who wants to run some missions with a friend and I? add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/alwaysbeclosing

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Look at all that cheddar. And I'm over here failing to sell my warehouse because I flew into the cross on top of some bastards house. I mean it was the last drop for flip sake.

Solid Objects! We meet again my arch nemesis!

For real though the Cubans are made out of titanium, the plane itself will survive a collision like that 75% of the time depending on the speed you impact at. It will likely be on fire but you will have time to force quit the game/internet. You should only lose a maximum of 3 crates if you pull the plug quickly enough.

If it lands in a road or field it may even fly again. I've had upgraded Cubans survive 6 rockets. Most of my Cuban kills don't actually blow up the plane mid air, I just kill the pilot with the splash damage. If the plane itself is the spacial cargo vehicle and not a portable crate, I'll usually land and destroy it with grenades on foot.

Here's a good example, that Cuban behind me isn't actually exploded yet. If you could tip it back to right side up, it might even fly.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://fat.gfycat.com/OblongSpryAmazondolphin.webm
hellfaucet didn't make it

https://zippy.gfycat.com/CostlyBlindEmu.webm
Jose, we all saw the tree.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
that dude half ejecting out of the armored car, bloodied and on fire, feels almost too brutal :stare:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Yours truly, upon hearing how a certain teammate blew himself up at the end of an easy mission.

Also sums up the painful futility of a Criminal Mastermind run.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://fat.gfycat.com/UnfoldedLegitimateBeardedcollie.webm
first person mode.webm

https://zippy.gfycat.com/WhimsicalHastyArthropods.webm
Oh, so you're here for the keycodes?

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 10, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

YOU DIED

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Also sums up the painful futility of a Criminal Mastermind run.

also, details please, my schadenfreude sense is tingling

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 10, 2016

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Psion posted:

also, details please, my schadenfreude sense is tingling

We were just finishing up the very first Prison Break mission when notwolffenstein(?) decided to drive into a gas station (he thought it was abandoned).

It blew up.

Just as Jeffrey pulled the plane into the hanger.

Even showed the successful mission cutscene, then it flipped back to the "a heist member died" screen.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

oh dear :negative:

explosions are the bane of any CM run, it seems like

those and telephone poles

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Whoever designed the wall ride tracks we raced this morning is a horrible person.:argh:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Kerosene19 posted:

Whoever designed the wall ride tracks we raced this morning is a horrible person.:argh:

https://fat.gfycat.com/FineNimbleDoctorfish.webm

That camera angle was the stunt jump camera and from time to time it wouldn't relinquish camera control.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

I miss a lot of the cartoonishly violent stuff from the previous games in this franchise. In particular I would like the exploding RC cars/planes. Even if it was Job only, I'd like to dogfight those little Red Barons from VC/4. I can do without the lovely little story mode missions though.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Great to see some new names repping LLJK on PS4!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The money just keeps piling up. I love it.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Wee Bairns posted:

Great to see some new names repping LLJK on PS4!

what are their names?

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The money just keeps piling up. I love it.

Just how much money do you have banked for it to pile up all over the floor like such?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

TwatHammer posted:

Just how much money do you have banked for it to pile up all over the floor like such?

I have about 8 million in the bank and while I have stacks on the floor and under the desk they are not quite so grand or scattered.

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

TwatHammer posted:

His name is preceded by "Sultan," so he may have to consult with his oil and finance ministers to get a ballpark figure of his net worth. I'm sure his people will get back to you.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

TwatHammer posted:

If I understand it correctly, the cash all over the place by the CEO desk is from making cargo sales.
The cash elsewhere in the office is from buying counterfeit goods.
Your personal wallet / bank balance does not affect it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Does switching interiors remove all the added stuff?

Also, why isn't there a biplane with guns and dogfighting game modes in which to use them?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

and why cant you rent the Blimp in online?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I want the Rustler from SA in Online. Just a WWII fighter armed with a bunch of machine guns. Make it tough enough to eat a couple of rockets.

The biplane, it'd be great if the back seat passenger in the Duster could use their machine gun and toss grenades.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I wanted to write some :words: based on my experience doing Criminal Mastermind with Tencent, Ghost_butt and Twathammer. This is not going to be a step by step guide, because someone's already done that. Tencent linked it earlier, and I'll link it again. Some of the guide's suggestions are, quite frankly, terrible, but I was keeping it on my phone and reading up on the next mission before jumping into them.

For full disclosure, I've actually only ever done each heist twice, once when they first launched, and once yesterday for Criminal Mastermind. You do not need to drill heists or anything like that so long as you keep some things in mind:

Prepare Accordingly - The full challenge is 26 missions long. Even if everything goes smoothly, you're looking at an ~8 hour commitment, probably longer. Our run ended up taking around 9 hours with around an hour worth of breaks. Have drinks, food, whatever on hand, because you're in it for the long haul.

That being said, you can break it up over days, but if you die between missions, you fail the challenge. Drop into passive mode after every mission, or better yet, get into an invite only session so you don't get dropped into pubby hell. If you do decide to do it over multiple days, that basically means you can't play GTA Online until the challenge is done, so be aware of that.

Also make sure that you manually set each mission on hard and make sure you're doing them in the right order. We nearly failed the challenge by doing Humane Labs Deliver EMP before the Valkyrie, and we were only saved by a lucky disconnect.

Break Often - The name of the game is an endurance run, and the best way to keep a clear head during it is to take frequent breaks. We regularly took breaks, especially when we felt things we thought people were tense, on tilt or just needed to stretch our legs and keep the blood flowing. Break after tough missions and try to go into every mission with a clear head.

Pregame and Plan - For difficult missions, like Humane Labs Key Cards, Series A Trash Truck and Meth, Pac Standard Convoy or any of the heist finales, always walk through what the plan is for the mission. Communicate what you're weak at and figure out a plan that minimizes the weaknesses. I'm a solid shooter and a very good driver, but I can't fly a helicopter to save my life, so I was frequently a driver on missions as well as being on the ground in Humane Labs, Prison Break as well as on the back of the Trash Truck.

Don't be afraid to spend some time and practice something people aren't sure of. For example, Ghost_Butt wanted to do a dry run of where we were planning on landing the Vellum for Prison Break, so we got a Vellum from the airport and brought it around to figure that out. Even if the plans change due to what goes on during the heist, you will feel a lot more confident, and mindstate is genuinely important for such a long challenge. Always take the time to grab snacks and armor for every mission, even if you only used one vest. Also, check your awards in the pause menu, under Stats -> Awards -> Heists to make sure the Criminal Mastermind challenge is progressing as intended. We did this after every major heist, and it helped keep the end goal in mind.

A.B.C., Always Be Checking... Your Armor - One of the best ways to help your team is to be aware of your armor situation. Compared to the lethal NPCs you can encounter running crates, the average DPS from hard heist enemies is significantly lower, especially when running a bullet proof helmet and heavy armor. However, that's not an excuse to play stupid. Refresh early and often. If your armor gets depleted and you're still taking fire, prioritize health over armor in that case. Make sure you're leaning against something or in a vehicle to skip the snack eating animation. If you've been hurt, call out an armor check for the rest of your team so they're aware. I can't count the amount of times that saved someone's life.

Play it Cool, Play it Cautious - Keeping a cool head and being able to adapt to the situation is probably the biggest skill you need to succeed. Never do anything rash or careless. Don't go drifting your Kuruma into a flaming gas canister without thinking about it. Take shooting sections slow and steady and always follow A.B.C. And don't use explosives unless the mission expressly requires it, and if it does, be drat sure what you're doing and that you're clear of any blast radiuses or chain reactions that might occur.

Most importantly, Have Some Fun, Dammit! - Pass or fail, this is still a game. Half the time when we were driving to missions, it was a war between Tencent and Twat_Hammer to see who could run each other off the road first. Even just cracking wise once in a while helped lighten the mood and kept us all in good spirits, even when we were deep in the run.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Is it Tuesday yet? I really want my Quattro S1 and Stadium truck already :allears:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I want one of those racing jumpsuits

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

CascadeBeta posted:

Prepare Accordingly - The full challenge is 26 missions long. Even if everything goes smoothly, you're looking at an ~8 hour commitment, probably longer. Our run ended up taking around 9 hours with around an hour worth of breaks. Have drinks, food, whatever on hand, because you're in it for the long haul.

I want to say our non-CM loyalty run took 9, maybe 10 hours? We did ours after each finale, which felt somewhat sane. I don't think I could do that again in one go, it felt too much like a job. I thought the whole ordeal would take 4 hours, 5 MAX. First hour in, I realized the error of my ways.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

cleaning out my Rockstar Editor pile, Airpower Edition

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I sold my first full medium warehouse today. Filled it up and was in a session with only 2 random people so I decided to try and solo it. Ended up with 3 trucks for the delivery, but luckily it was a reasonably short drive. But by the end there was lime 10 people in the server and I got pretty nervous leaving the third truck by itself for a couple minutes.

Got a nice 800k out of it. I would say I won't be dumb enough to try and solo it again, but I probably will at some point.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://fat.gfycat.com/SaneShinyAlpinegoat.webm

A Zigmidge In Three Acts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfFHBtm-WM

SodiumEnriched
Apr 19, 2016

Avocados posted:

I want to say our non-CM loyalty run took 9, maybe 10 hours? We did ours after each finale, which felt somewhat sane. I don't think I could do that again in one go, it felt too much like a job. I thought the whole ordeal would take 4 hours, 5 MAX. First hour in, I realized the error of my ways.

From 5PM EST to 2AM, roundabouts 10 hours. It was not helped by everyone other than me being tired as gently caress, apparently (I run late nights anyways so I didn't give a gently caress). Served as a nice dry run for CM, though, showed us where the major trouble spots might be at.

Speaking of, I'm looking to get that sweet, sweet $10,000,000. Any PC goons around on Wednesday or Friday that want to mortgage their afternoon and night getting killed repeatedly?

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Fperson1 posted:

From 5PM EST to 2AM, roundabouts 10 hours. It was not helped by everyone other than me being tired as gently caress, apparently (I run late nights anyways so I didn't give a gently caress). Served as a nice dry run for CM, though, showed us where the major trouble spots might be at.

Speaking of, I'm looking to get that sweet, sweet $10,000,000. Any PC goons around on Wednesday or Friday that want to mortgage their afternoon and night getting killed repeatedly?

I don't work Friday and usually work overnights, so I'll be up starting in the afternoon. The guide recommended over level 100 for the 12 armors, I'm only 38 and have 3, though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/itsphuzun

taters
Jun 13, 2005

I did a heist, its been a while.

Here's my first attempt to use the editors camera angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BqxB-OCrvE

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

T1g4h posted:

Is it Tuesday yet? I really want my Quattro S1 and Stadium truck already :allears:

Babe Magnet posted:

I want one of those racing jumpsuits

both of these things; Tuesday can't come soon enough :rice:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
You lose Criminal Mastermind if you die outside of a mission? That loving sucks.

Fperson1 posted:

I'm down for Wednesday.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Fperson1 posted:

Phuzun posted:

I don't work Friday and usually work overnights, so I'll be up starting in the afternoon. The guide recommended over level 100 for the 12 armors, I'm only 38 and have 3, though.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/itsphuzun

I'm in the same boat, I work nights and have Friday/Saturday off, so I'd like to get in on this.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

TwatHammer posted:

The game says I've made $4m from selling warehouses, but it doesn't take into account what you have to spend to fill them up so it's a lot less than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What time does the update come tomorrow? Want to know how much time we've got to PaciStan ourselves into vulgar displays of wealth.

• Locked thread