Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That is all correct. If you need to double check anything here's my character creation guide with a handy list

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b8Fz39Infns0EVB6-4-Fm-o49UvdAz7NVIWslFvlm6A/edit?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Updated for ARB:

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
pre-post question: w/ Minor Leader, can once per encounter give somebody 3 Movement. Nemo is out of LoS, so the question is by sacrificing attack action for extra movement to get closer, can Radios ICly toss Nemo a rope or something (from the 3movement gift) to let him get up from the drop without losing his (Nemo's) normal movement action, or would it just be a waste and Nemo would lose 9 movement instead of 6 on his turn?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I think RAW it'd be a waste, since it's just adding to his movement, right? It's an action economy thing, rather than a number-of-vertical-squares thing.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Marks just overlap.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Do our observations of the menus show that all the menus are priceless, or just those given to the three mentioned?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Just the ones mentioned. Out of character, the folks mentioned got what we would think of as the girl menus.

While I'm thinking about it, a word on prices. Strike doesn't really do granular gear, which is fine by me. If you come up with an idea for something to spend your pennies on, let me know and we'll talk about it.

Ferinstance:

You could buy a crawler, albeit a small one. Right now, it wouldn't give you much mechanical advantage, although it'd probably get turned into a setpiece for something. I hope I was sufficiently unsubtle about it, but with a couple of upgrades, either built out of your materials or bought from quests, you could turn it into a tank.

You could buy a base of operations, where you'd get the final say on what's inside. Again, maybe not a direct mechanical advantage, but definitely something that would play into the narrative at some point.

I hadn't thought about a farm system, but Count's suggestion could work. It'd probably spit out random mats between missions.

Speaking of, I don't suppose Jimbozig has gotten any further in his crafting system, has he?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Would collecting some more cash make a difference in our options?

I'm inclined to making a purchase of some sort myself, and the crawlers are IMO the coolest option. But if we'd get more bang for our buck, so to speak, with one option or the other (or either) by doing another job first, that could make a difference.

As an example, if our current resources would yield a really crappy crawler but a decent base, I could probably be talked around into buying a base.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Eh, ultimate expenditure is the same. It's whether you want to have a neat incremental upgrade, or wait and jump straight to the super-fancy stuff.

I suppose it boils down to what you really want to get out of whatever you buy. Having a base is basically a club house of your own, and might make different quests available. Having a crawler means you might get into a racing encounter. Realistically there's no bad option, it's just how you guys want to direct the game.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

I like a base with incremental upgrading because it's more natural to sort of grow and expand, at least in my opinion. I'm also biased because houses are cool and tanks are smelly and loud.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
My vote also goes to home ownership, I like the idea of growing a farm.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Why not a combination of all three core concepts?!

Crawler + House + Farmstuff =

Think about it we start with a normal base, maybe even just a sweet farmhouse w/ some land to grow poo poo in, then we get PHAT $$$ and start installing framework underground and once we hook up a series of connection points, pulleys and maybe a little bullshit engineering (That's why you hired Radios!), we can have our farmland -migrate- like a goddamn flock of birds whenever the HUNT IS ON or the weather is getting bad in a set location.

That said, I like upgrading things so simple starts are fine with Vel.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I sort of like the idea that no one actually hired Radios; he just showed up one day and everyone is assuming someone else brought him in.

That's a plurality of votes for a base first. Is anyone's day going to be utterly ruined if you don't buy something else?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

T-That's cyberbullying! ;-;

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Well, Will will probably burn it down one day out of pure boredom but I'm fine with whatever.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

House.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I was going to test for Surviving, but I had a few questions to make sure I follow how to go about it. Sorry if I'm being dense.

When you say we can only test once for each, do you mean we only get one attempt each round? (Eg. since Nemo did Thriving no one else can attempt that this time)

Or do you mean we can only try each option once? (Eg. since Nemo did Thriving, he can't test Thriving again next round)

Or is it both? (Eg. since Nemo did Thriving, no one else can try that this round AND Nemo has to do something else next round)

Also, re: my own choice: if I pick one item that isn't lovely, is it exactly that one that isn't lovely, or that if I pick say "tents" everyone has a decent tent but everything else is crap and there's not enough for everyone to be fully outfitted?

Oh, and as a sidenote, Gwenivere either made or at least altered the heavy weather gear for everyone, since she's a seamstress :)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

(Keeping in mind this is me throwing stuff at the wall and seeing if it works.)

This minigame is designed to be a filter. You will, unless you guys totally blow all your rolls, get home. The trick is figuring out how battered you are when you get back.

You guys can roll once per slot on the graphic, as a party.

Say Vel wants Radios to scavenge for food on the turnaround part of your journey. You can stack you roll as much as you like, but once there's a roll made for that slot, that's it. It stands as is, so if Vel rolls a strike, nobody else can roll for Surviving in that phase.

I don't think there's a reason to bar you from making another attempt in the same category next round, if you happen to be the person most suited to doing whatever it is you want to do. Vel could scavenge every round.

For the record, your attempt to make a Thriving check this phase is done. That's the end of that until you hit turnaround.

Regarding Gwen's choice, you can either have one thing, or enough lovely things for everybody. If you say "Tents," you have either one decent tent everyone has to cram into, or everyone has a lovely tent that leaks.

Also, Count, that was a fantastic post with a great punchline, so please enjoy Advantage on your next roll.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Thanks, that clears it up. Going to throw Foraging at Surviving.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

grassy gnoll posted:

Also, Count, that was a fantastic post with a great punchline, so please enjoy Advantage on your next roll.

thaaaanks

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I rolled for navigating, but K Prime claim jumped me on a full post ready to submit. :( Is it okay I put aside that roll for the next step?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'll say yes, but just this once.

We still need someone to tell us a story about how badly they screwed the party moving along. Who wants to do the Moving roll?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Well I rolled well, I dunno whats wrong with the rest of you.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Radios holds steady with middle of the pack successes

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Where is everybody?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I'll be having a post up with survival either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the lack of communication. It's been a rough week of car accidents and new jobs and police.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sorry to see your streak of bad luck continues, Vel. My sympathies.

Will, Gil and Nemo have yet to act this pass, and we still need a survival check. Who's feeling brave?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

What's the "Mechanical" roll for? I'm a little confused. Is that for moving?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

That was my understanding, at least. Radios is trying to invent himself out of the deep hole he's dug himself.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

That was my understanding, at least. Radios is trying to invent himself out of the deep hole he's dug himself.
A hole he dug via inventing.

Well, live by the sword die by the sword.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

We can still do one more Thriving roll, right?

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Sorry, yes, it was for Moving. I made that post while a little under the weather, so some subtleties were lost. Like words.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Comrade Gorbash posted:

We can still do one more Thriving roll, right?

Correct.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Working on level up, I'm assuming we're doing the leveling advancement specifically? So we each get a fallback, a role encounter power, and a new trick this level.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

pre:
Bleu Cornflower
and Tura and Keu (Level 2)

Background: Wildbreaker		Origin: Rūnian		Kit: Doctor

Skills:		Cooking, Foraging, Medicine, Navigation, Rūnic Technology*, Taming,
		Tracking, Weather Prediction, Wings*

Complications:	Scapegoat, Wanderlust

Tricks:		Awakening Heritage: Bleu can always activate a magical ruin or artifact.
		Pathfinder: Bleu can always plot the fastest route between two locations.
		Whisperer: Bleu can always communicate with animals (but not monsters).

Advances:	Emotional Power (Rūnian), First Aid

Fallback:	Determination

Class: The Buddies		Role: Defender  	Feats: Minor Striker**

Options: Super-Buddy, Defender Buddy		Role Boosts: Defense, Stickiness

Passive Effects: Aware, Big			Active Effects: Enervating, Handsy

At-Wills: Team Attack, Recall Buddy, Coordinated Attack, We Are One

Encounter: Boosted Buddy, You Call That a Punch?, You're Mine!

* Emotional Power skill.		** Keu is the "minor striker" in question.

quote:

Wildbreaker

Wildbreakers are part of an older tradition that rely on trained animals to help navigate wild spaces.

Skills: Foraging, Medicine, Navigation, Taming, Tracking, Weather Prediction

Penniless [0]

Tricks: Whisperer: A wildbreaker can always communicate with animals.

quote:

Rūnian

An ancient people that once dominated the local landscape, they developed powerful magic based on rūnic technology, but only ruins and artifacts mark their presence. It is said they had wings like birds, and that they somehow achieved enlightenment and ascended to another dimension (by those that exalt them) or were destroyed by the gods for their own hubris (for those that demonize them). Whatever the truth is, their bloodline seems to remain amongst humanity, though those with it know to keep it hidden.

Skills: Rūnic Technology, Secret History, Wings

Complications: Scapegoat, Worshippers

quote:

Emotional Power (Rūnian): This assists with Rūnian skills, allowing her to activate their ancient devices and ruins, with increasing potency based on the level, or to use her wings with greater facility; generally they're best for gliding or assisting jumps or exploiting updrafts, but may be capable of more if she embraces her heritage. She also might be drawn to items and locales left behind by the Rūnians, and may be tempted to use their power. However, it's possible that if she gets drawn too far much into this power, she will meet whatever fate her ancestors suffered.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Working on level up, I'm assuming we're doing the leveling advancement specifically? So we each get a fallback, a role encounter power, and a new trick this level.

Correct. You finally have options!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

pre:
    Motivation: Stay alive, feel alive, keep the danger rolling

Background: Outrider
    -Skills: Luring, Evasion, Crawler Connections, Crazy Ideas
    -Trick: Will knows how to cheat death on the run.
            When fleeing, he always knows the best path out.
    -Trick: Judgement Call-
                    Will can always tell you accurately how far
                     a gap or other difficult to cross terrain is across.
    Origin: Too-Bold Kobold
    -Skills: Getting Lucky, Crew Connections
    -Complication: Too Crazy For a Crew

Wealth: Average (+1)

Kit: The Flame
    -Weakness: Adrenaline Rushes
    -Choices: King of the Chase (Driver)

Gear: MKX Y100 Bike (modified), Shotgun, Other Shotgun, Memento of the Miners
    Reputation: The Crew (Feared): They didn't pay what they owed. They stood strong. It was
                        easy! Surely he wouldn't survive this time. He did. And he'll be back for his debt. 
                        When they kicked him out, Will didn't do anything. Perhaps he won't be so kind this time.

Fallback: Good Maintenance: Crazy in the field is only survivable if you're careful with your gear.
                           Will is always very careful with his gear. So it never fails him when he has to pull it out.

Tactical Combat

Class: Shapeshifter Knight Rider
    -Class Features: One-Form Shifter
    --At Wills: Mount Up (Blurred Form), Sideswipe (Primal Compulsion)
Transformation:
   Form of the Bull Bike
   --Bike Transformation
   --Bike Rush
   --Nimble Charge

Role: Controller
    -Powers: Control Boost, Sap Strength, Freeze, Battlefield Repositioning Sick Donuts

Feats: Sprinter

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Subaltern Gwenivere Llewellyn

quote:

Name: Gwenivere Llewellyn
Class: Archer (Blitzer)
Role: Striker
Background: Shocktrooper
Origin: Dressmaker
Kit: The Gunslinger
Resources: Poor [1]
Fallback: Preperation [Gwen doesn't plan ahead so much as make sure she's ready for anything]
Motivation: Seek out challenges and take them head on

Class/Role Abilities
BlitzerC: When the target of your ranged attack is within 3 squares, add 1 to the attack roll if it is a hit. You may spend your Attack Action to move your speed and make a Ranged Basic Attack at any point along your movement.
Damage BoostR: When you roll a 2 to 5 on an attack, deal 1 extra damage to the target. When you roll a 6, deal 2 extra damage instead.
Mobility BoostR: Gain the Quick Shift power.

Feats
Sprinter: Increase your speed by 4. If you have unspent points of movement after your turn, you may spend them to move when it is not your turn. You may use this at any time, and if you use it in response to another event, it resolves as a Reaction.

Skills
CommandB
Fashion Designer O
FirearmsB
ForagingB
GossipO
IntimidationP
QuartermasterL
SoldieringB
Old War Buddies (Connections)B

Kit Advances
Always Carry a Spare: When you are disarmed, you have a backup. You always have extra ammo, too.

Tricks
Make It WorkP: A dressmaker can always make or alter clothing suitable for the occasion, no matter what it is.
Over the TopB: A shocktrooper can always find a way through, around, or over a physical barrier.
Scrounger: A quartermaster can always find a source for equipment or supplies, no matter how obscure.

Complications
Lost CauseB: Was on the side that lost the war.
ThrillseekerO: Can never turn down a challenge; the more dangerous, the better.

Powers posted:

At-Will
AimC: Attack - Instead of attacking, you pick any target you can see and aim at it. Aiming grants adjacent enemies an Opportunity as though you were making a ranged attack. If your next ranged attack targets the same creature you aimed at, any range restriction is removed and you have Advantage for the attack.

Area DenialC: Attack - [Rng 10/Dmg 2] Effect: Create a 3x3 (5x5 at level 5) zone centered on the target. Until the end of your next turn, any enemy that takes any action in the zone that doesn’t result in them leaving it, or that ends their turn in the zone, takes 3 damage (5 damage at level 9).

FlareC: Attack - [Rng 10/Dmg 2] Effect: The projectile attaches to the target and illuminates the area like a torch. The target can’t hide. The projectile can be removed by the target as an Attack Action but otherwise lasts until the end of the encounter.

Pin DownC: Attack - [Rng 10/Dmg 2] Effect: If the target moves more than 2 squares on its next turn (if it moves at all at level 5), it takes 3 damage (5 damage at level 9). If the target had a prepared action, it loses it. If anyone was Marked by the target, the Mark ends.

Quick ShiftR: Role - You may shift 1 square. (2 squares at level 8.)

Encounter
Rifle GrenadesC: Attack - [Rng 10/Dmg 3] Effect: Choose one effect from the following list:
  • Fragmentation: An explosive attaches itself to the target. At the start of the target’s next turn, it explodes, dealing 2 damage to the target and all adjacent creatures.
  • Incendiary: Ongoing 2 Damage and any creature that starts its turn adjacent or moves adjacent gains this same Status (save ends).
  • Smoke: Create a 3x3 zone centered on the target — the zone is totally obscured: creatures in the zone can’t see out, creatures outside can’t see in.
  • Foam: Target is Immobilized until it spends an Attack Action to end this Status.
  • Grapple: Target is Immobilized, escape ends. While it is Immobilized, you can spend a Move Action to pull the target up to 5 squares.
Special: When you roll a 2 on your Trick Arrow power, you must treat it as though you rolled a 5, but you have run out of that kind of ammo. Cross the effect off the list. (If you are making this attack in an area, you do not run out of this ammunition until all targets are resolved.) Finding the materials and crafting these Trick Arrows is difficult, time-consuming and expensive. You’ll have to find the downtime to make the Skill Rolls required if you want that particular ability back. Use all the usual rules in the Non-Combat section. This is a powerful ability, so the GM should not let you off easy.

Strike BackR: Reaction - Trigger: An enemy hits you with an attack. Spend an Action Point. Make an attack against the triggering enemy.

Lightning StrikesR: Role - Gain an Attack Action and use it immediately, but do not get your Damage Boost on it.
Gear
J86 Carbine, K77 SMG, T65 Pistol, Satchel of Rifle Grenades, Military Jacket, Sewing Kit, Guild ID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

You guys are going into combat this next encounter, so it would really be a good idea for everyone to update their sheets.

• Locked thread