Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I thought the Snyderverse movies had a gender-swapped Jimmy named Jenny. Did I make that up? Is that coming from nowhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Xealot posted:

I thought the Snyderverse movies had a gender-swapped Jimmy named Jenny. Did I make that up? Is that coming from nowhere?
That was what the internet thought since Jenny was kind of a bungler in MoS, and Olsen was conspicuously absent.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was watching highlights of Flash panel at SDCC and one of the producers was explaining that this year they're going to have two big bads - one will be a speedster (presumably the Black Racer-looking guy from the teaser) and the other will be Doctor Alchemy.

I think season two would have benefitted from having a secondary big bad because the Zoom plot wasn't really sufficient to sustain the entire season in my view, and they didn't have enough stuff like the Rogues of the Firestorm arc to fill things out like they did in season one.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
3 if you count the biggest bad, the writers room.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think season two would have benefitted from having a secondary big bad because the Zoom plot wasn't really sufficient to sustain the entire season in my view, and they didn't have enough stuff like the Rogues of the Firestorm arc to fill things out like they did in season one.

Moving Captain Cold and Heat Wave to Legends of Tomorrow was a huge mistake.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Whizbang posted:

3 if you count the biggest bad, the writers room.

4, Barry Allen.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Makes sense. They'll need a new baddie after Barry resets the Flashbreak

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope the musical episode is called Flashdance

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Makes sense. They'll need a new baddie after Barry resets the Flashbreak

Next time on the Flash, Barry lets his mom die to get out of a parking violation.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I stopped at the tap code episode. Did I miss any hilarious creepy poo poo from Barry or racist poo poo from Firestorm?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Accretionist posted:

I stopped at the tap code episode. Did I miss any hilarious creepy poo poo from Barry or racist poo poo from Firestorm?

The last 4 episodes of the season I remember being fairly decent.

edit: and yah not using Cold/Heatwave as a counter balance vanilla kinda sucked the energy out of the room. They maybe could of used weather wizard to that effect I guess. I think they were too focused on making sure they introduced the spin off characters they forgot room for character development for Jay.

Mooseontheloose fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 30, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://gfycat.com/CarefreeMildDungbeetle

Seriously though, hopefully Flash 3 has better writers because this season was sort of in a mire. Patty getting shipped back to her home planet was meh cause the two of them had great chemistry.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It picked up near the end of the season, I feel. Plus they delivered on dadfast rather than put themselves through some horribly convoluted twist that no one wanted.

Also something I've noticed: Earth-2 is actually DC comics Earth-3. I can't think of a super offhand that wasn't swapped with good/evil so far. (I mean, Joe and Iris weren't, but Deadshot was, etc.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry was still unbelievably stupid, but Zoom was entertaining when he was unmasked. A good villain (or one at all since Zoom barely did anything) was a big part of what was missing.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
A good hero would probably have helped too, since Barry spent most of the season fighting people who were specifically targeting him and barely interacted with the public or showed any heroic traits at all.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chokes McGee posted:

. Plus they delivered on dadfast rather than put themselves through some horribly convoluted twist that no one wanted.
Yeah, thank god it wasn't some copout like A Time Remnant did it or Turns Out That Guy Is My Dad but Not.

Or walking back serious character development from like 2 episodes prior.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Thawne is the real hero, he was just trying to save the universe from the selfish stupid manbaby Barry is.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So how many people are actually going to stop watching?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

computer parts posted:

Me. I'm done with this, Arrow and LoT. I'll check the threads to see if anything interesting happened, but until the very last episode I'm not believing they'll get better. I already made that mistake with Arrow S4.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Whizbang posted:

I'm pretty sure it's actually turning him into a giant turtle monster.

Which time?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

computer parts posted:

I already stopped watching a few episodes before last season ended. I keep reading this thread mostly because there's a low post count to catch up every time I pass through at this point, but it does keep me up to date on news and I might check out the thread for next season to see if things pick up. The thread does include links to that one guy's Imgur summations of the episodes too, which are fun most of the time. As is though I'm not watching any DCCW shows, which seems kind of odd to me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Thawne is the real hero, he was just trying to save the universe from the selfish stupid manbaby Barry is.
Eobard Thawne is also a selfish stupid manbaby. It's what makes them such powerful rivals across space and time.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm gonna give Flash's first couple episodes next season a shot because I just like far too much of the cast far too much for my own good, but it's officially on notice. Any sign of this past season's idiocy-on-parade and by golly, I'm gonna be very passive-aggressive about it indeed. I may even complain about it. In this thread!

I've stopped on Arrow already. Haven't seen the last batch of episodes, don't regret it a bit, don't plan to continue at this point.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Have either the cast or writers ever been asked about the heroes having their own private jail where they lock bad guys up without trial?

Did that evil Firestorm guy who was being detained until he forgot Barry's secret identity ever get let out?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

computer parts posted:

I'm going to still watch Flash because I like every member of the cast and I feel like there's more good about the show than bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8one6 posted:

I'm going to still watch Flash because I like every member of the cast and I feel like there's more good about the show than bad.

As long as Jesse L Martin is on this show it will be worth watching. Also Candace Patton is gorgeous so that doesn't hurt either.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

As long as Jesse L Martin is on this show it will be worth watching. Also Candace Patton is gorgeous so that doesn't hurt either.

I agree with this.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did that evil Firestorm guy who was being detained until he forgot Barry's secret identity ever get let out?
:lol: if you think the writers remembered that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Have either the cast or writers ever been asked about the heroes having their own private jail where they lock bad guys up without trial?
They addressed this in the first season and promptly forgot they did so.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

FilthyImp posted:

His second name is probably Roy

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I'll probably keep watching sporadically for a bit, I already couldn't be bothered to watch it live, but with Hulu I'll likely play catchup every few episodes. It mostly depends on how the show proceeds, if it gets legit fun again I'll enjoy it, and same if it gets over the top ridiculous and terrible (e.g. the end of this season finale), but if it gets all bogged down doing nothing at all like the middle portion of this season I'm out, I can't handle their treading water.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thanks guys, I'll update the spreadsheet.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Season 2 closed strong and even though it had some glaring weaknesses, there were also a ton of really great things that make me want to come back. King Shark, Grodd, Cisco, every version of Wells, Jesse Martin's performance, Zoom after he got unmasked, Dadflash and Flashdad both, the first Barry/Zoom showdown, the Reverse Flash Returns, the fact that they finally made Wally cool and good.

There's more, but point is they did enough to get me back for another year and the show would really have to go off the rails for me to stop watching entirely.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Stunt Rock posted:

Season 2 closed strong and even though it had some glaring weaknesses, there were also a ton of really great things that make me want to come back. King Shark, Grodd, Cisco, every version of Wells, Jesse Martin's performance, Zoom after he got unmasked, Dadflash and Flashdad both, the first Barry/Zoom showdown, the Reverse Flash Returns, the fact that they finally made Wally cool and good.

There's more, but point is they did enough to get me back for another year and the show would really have to go off the rails for me to stop watching entirely.

I mean I'm such a die hard Flash geek that I will keep watching until it gets cancelled anyway, but this is a pretty good list of its biggest strengths and should be enough for fans of the first season to have some hope (I'd also add Mark Hamill). I think there were some very obvious fixable issues that hopefully won't be repeated (using several episodes including the Arrow crossover to set up LoT, removing the most compelling returning villains also for LoT, weird breaks in the second half schedule, a poorly handled villain "mystery" that bungled the twist) and I think the season trailer gives some compelling reasons to tune in.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I was listing reasons that CW could tank Super Girl and they were something like

1. CW budget. I don't want Kara fighting in the metropolis equivalent of Arrow's warehouses all the time.
2. CW writers
3. Bogged down by forced crossover shenanigans with Flash/LoT/Arrow/other?

I think most of that applies to Flash too but they are probably already used to working within their budget.

I'll keep watching Flash until it hits Arrow levels of bad. They aren't there yet and I don't think they will get there but I could definitely see things tipping that way if they don't step their game up some. Or if they get bogged down by those points I mentioned above.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not how TV writing works.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

They re-used the actor on Earth 2 as Harry's assistant, so I'm pretty sure they remember, they just don't care and won't bother with it again unless they need a filler episode in season 5.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

put me down as on board for Season 3 please

also if you could make a 3-d line chart out of it that'd be great

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

You keep a spreadsheet of who watches?

Anyways, i am down for season 3. I love this cast and when they are focusing on super heroing, it's great. And I liked Barry visiting the speed force. The whole scene between Barry and Weather Wizard this season was awesome.

Also, I am starting to warm on Iris/Barry too if Barry can get out of his own way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

computer parts posted:

I'm so far behind on show that are actually good that I'm gonna call it quits for now Maybe I'll check it out when they make it to Netflix next year.

• Locked thread