Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sigma X posted:

The chat thread titles seems particularly apropos Mister Surprise Father.

I thought the same but didn't want to mention it. :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

nm posted:

Do you live in Maine or work for google?

Double No.

Bajaha posted:

What's your geographical proximity to the ocean?

Yes.

QuarkMartial posted:

Does food poisoning count as workmans comp if you get it from the cafeteria food?

Definitely maybe.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Phone when are we gonna lunch again?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
aww yeah, last day working on 787 and moving onto 777X tomorrow. :getin:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
3 weeks left of working this poo poo boring job, then a week holiday, then 2 years of school for something I've kind of always wanted to do.

I am excite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it I think I broke the elliptical!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wrar posted:

Phone when are we gonna lunch again?

Two morrow.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

God drat it I think I broke the elliptical!

Still clinging to that "not fat" rock?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cakefool posted:

Still clinging to that "not fat" rock?

I'm pleasantly chubby!

Our machine has a single column that hold the controls and upper arms instead of the two column designs you see at gyms. I think I may have cracked one of the welds at the bottom because it's swaying a bit harder than it did previously.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm pleasantly chubby!

Don't mind me I'm just being a oval office.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cakefool posted:

Don't mind me I'm just being a oval office.

I wouldn't be using it if I didn't need to lose a couple pounds.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I lost 10lbs altering my diet to accommodate lactose intolerance, then another 5lbs putting the patio down. I'll be happy at this weight if it moves around and a little turns into muscle.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cakefool posted:

I lost 10lbs altering my diet to accommodate lactose intolerance, then another 5lbs putting the patio down. I'll be happy at this weight if it moves around and a little turns into muscle.

Psh, i lost 60lbs in 5 weeks discovering i had become violently allergic to milk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cakefool posted:

I was down to 185 about 18 months back. I got lazy and started drinking beer and eating fast food again. I've got my diet under control again, now I need to do a little work to get back to where I was. Currently 205.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

And you just reminded me I got up to get booze 15 minutes ago and came back with citrus fruit. Thanks, Glenmorangie on the go now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cakefool posted:

And you just reminded me I got up to get booze 15 minutes ago and came back with citrus fruit. Thanks, Glenmorangie on the go now.

I'm gonna get a banana.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna grab a banana.

We can all read through the lines.

I signed up at the gym again. :toot: My neighbor on my street wants someone to go with at night after kids are in bed. It's been a good 10 months since I was last there. My weight has stayed about the same (175ish) but my preferred weight I'd like to be at is 165-170.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

We can all read through the lines.

I signed up at the gym again. :toot: My neighbor on my street wants someone to go with at night after kids are in bed. It's been a good 10 months since I was last there. My weight has stayed about the same (175ish) but my preferred weight I'd like to be at is 165-170.

You're getting me and STR confused!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

me and STR confused!

Neither once of you are confused, STR is just accepting.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Legit tacos are so loving good.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I had to work from home today. Got my seemingly twice-yearly case of food poisoning and my rear end won't stop being on fire. Ugh.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna get a banana.

Wrar posted:

Legit tacos are so loving good.

the spyder posted:

my rear end won't stop being on fire.

Lots of sudden innuendo ITT

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Update, dog seems to be scared of whiskey, cat is either accepting of it or passed out but she pretty much stuck her head in the glass.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I lost 10lbs in 3 weeks just by cutting out alcohol. No beer, hard stuff, wine, nothing. Kept the rest of my diet the same so I wasn't an angel. My blood pressure also dropped from stage 1 hypertension to well in normal even while still being overweight. But drat I started missing not having a couple cold ones after work and before I knew it I was back to where I was.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

I was down to 185 about 18 months back. I got lazy and started drinking beer and eating fast food again. I've got my diet under control again, now I need to do a little work to get back to where I was. Currently 205.

How short are you that 205 is chubby?

I'm 6'1" and 190 and I still look skinny.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Im not fat

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

slidebite posted:

I lost 10lbs in 3 weeks just by cutting out alcohol. No beer, hard stuff, wine, nothing. Kept the rest of my diet the same so I wasn't an angel. My blood pressure also dropped from stage 1 hypertension to well in normal even while still being overweight. But drat I started missing not having a couple cold ones after work and before I knew it I was back to where I was.

:golfclap: Well done

Trying to buy a drive line off craigslist, trying to get an idea what the guys asking... "I'm open to offers but be realistic, I know what I got and what everything is worth!" Off to a good start already.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm 195 and pretty drat chubby.

5'7 though. And I dropped 10 pounds just by switching to wine from beer.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
For those keeping score at home Momma and baby are home safe and sound. Family support has been amazing and about to spend the next hour in a rocking chair with my daughter. Not too bad for a Thursday.

RE: Booze and weight. I fully expect to drop 15 pounds in short order now that I need to make room in the (beer)fridge for real food.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. Good luck to the parents of other newborns too. You parents of older kids keep telling us they stop crying eventually, right?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, you only have 34 years and about 11 months to go and that baby will stop crying and asking you for money! (congrats on the surprise baby!)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

finally finished with all my finals for summer. Just gotta get the rocket project wrapped up* and I'll have 3 weeks to cool my heels before fall semester starts.

*We launch Saturday, our last build day is tomorrow, and five of the seven teams haven't finished their rockets yet. :ohdear:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, you only have 34 years and about 11 months to go and that baby will stop crying and asking you for money! (congrats on the surprise baby!)

Bahaha haha no. My older sister is still heavily reliant on my parents, whom are now retired. As is my younger sister. Older is 40. Younger is 34. I'm the only financially independent one of the bunch. wakeup call progress!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

I'm 5'8" and 69( :quagmire:) kg so 152lbs? How much do you drink?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

some texas redneck posted:

174cm, 76-77 kgs pretty much locked for the last six months. Which is kinda frustrating as I dont carry any excess weight well - That last 2-3 kgs are just drat near impossible to shift.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ether Frenzy posted:

So that's when Maksimus54 will die?

:v:

Cakefool posted:

Not enough sometimes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Finally replaced that D&D avatar.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Shortly after this she started suckling in her sleep. :3:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Cakefool posted:

I'm 5'7" and about 205, I got there by drinking. I drink enough to get about $20-$30 in return at the recycle depot about every twoish months.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I used to be 230. 195 is a hell of a lot better IMO, but still heavy.

And yeah, mostly got there by drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Holy poo poo there is one thing I definately hate about working at a parts store. On average, once every month or two we get some chick insaying their boyfried damaged or removed some component on their vehicle. Normally it is something simple like a gas cap or a broken mirror. This months was a lady whose "soon to be ex" in her words took her radiator cap and put it in her dryer. She had run all the coolant out of her radiator, so I filled it, bled the system and threw the new cap on. Hopefully she doesn't have more damage, but its a dodge v6 and that rad was bone dry.

Sometimes its an ignition coil or spark plug wire, but I have to wonder what the gently caress goes through that chuckle fucks mind as he pulls something like that.

• Locked thread