Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Isn't it called "Wifebeater" over there?

Yeah. Calling it the bud of europe might even class it up. It is the natty ice of Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Stella Artois is cool and good but costs slightly too much for what it is.

So should I edit it to "Stella Artois is overpriced Budweiser"? Because taste is personal and I like the taste, but it is too much for what it is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

It is the natty ice of Europe.

Hahaha gross. My older sister the hipster thinks it's classy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

My co-workers were using walkie talkies today with the code names Tittysprinkles and Screaming Peacock. These were changed to spanish dragon and kitten while on lunch. I think the heat this year is frying my co-workers brains.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Hahaha gross. My older sister the hipster thinks it's classy.

lol. Stella tries very hard to put across an image of class. We all know the deal.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You're going to laugh (and maybe puke), but Bud Light Platinum (Platinum!!1!) has a decent 6% kick. IMO it's a little better than Budweiser.. and gets you past the point of caring what it tastes like fairly quickly.

Previa_fun posted:

Milwaukee's best is one of those beers you get really sad when you see someone buying.

Same with Natty Light, and moreso with Lone Star. But Lone Star is dirt loving cheap in Austin and San Antonio ($10 for a 12 pack.. at 7-11 - it's more like $8 for a 12 pack in a grocery store down there, closer to $13-15 up here).

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Lone Star is something you inflict on others. At least buy Shiner, man!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

*looks up from buying a $65 case of beer- James Squires 150 lashes pale ale for the curious*

gently caress you guys.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My go to poo poo beer is Black Label. $7.95 for a 12 pack? I'll take it! Back in HS their 12 packs actually came with 3 MORE BONUS CANS so you could get 15 beers for like $5 back then.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Geirskogul posted:

How could they start with something so good, so pure, as Coors [Banquet], and move to this? It's worse than Bud Light.

I actually sat for a few minutes and agonized over choosing a "good" cheap beer, but couldn't bother myself to read any reviews or poo poo because I didn't have my phone. I'm completely oblivious to "beer culture" otherwise and am essentially going in blind to every choice. (I was a heavy liquor/vodka drinker up until recently).

So far I know that (and I'm only listing beers you can find in any convenience store here in Phoenix, to avoid uber-beer-chat):

Heineken is okay (but ages terribly so bottled stuff is usually skunky)
Coors Banquet is better
Fat tire is p. great
Four Peaks stuff (Kilt Lifter, 8th street ale) is on par with Fat Tire for being good
Guinness is okay, just not my bag and I'll never pay for one, but will drink it
Blue Moon is generic, but agreeable
Budweiser is funky in a "I work in a steel mill" way, but I can see the appeal
Bud Light is aggressively mediocre, (but better than Coors Lite by a mile)
Miller High Life is terrible (but better than Coors Lite)
Miller Light is bad
Miller Draft is good (enough)
Corona is bad, but good if it's a hot day and there's a lime slice in the neck
Dos Equis isn't half bad, and I'll definitely buy it again
Tecate is a knockoff Dos Equis and is bad and you should feel bad
Most "Stone" brewing company stuff is pretty strong on flavor, but also pretty good.
Also the same with all the "Arrogant Brewing" stuff.
Michelob is for rich poor people, but is generic and fuzzy
Stella Artois is cool and good but costs slightly too much for what it is.
Pabst Blue Ribbon is for poors or hipsters (but I repeat myself) and is bad but not as bad as some previously listed ones.

All I'm seeing is various degrees of horse piss mixed with battery acid

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Drink this, it'll put hair on your chest hair and on your eyeballs. DT in a can.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

God our lawn looks like poo poo. Our landlord lives directly across the street and last summer either him or his kid was over atleast every other week doing yardwork. This year our grass is burnt to poo poo and the hedges are out of control and taller than me. Maybe I'll borrow his equipment and do it myself this weekend (probably not).

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Aldi pilsner is much nicer than Stella and cheaper (if you're drinking at home obviously). It just doesn't quite project the same "I'm going to start a fight for no loving reason" vibe though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

some texas redneck posted:

You're going to laugh (and maybe puke), but Bud Light Platinum (Platinum!!1!) has a decent 6% kick. IMO it's a little better than Budweiser.. and gets you past the point of caring what it tastes like fairly quickly.

Yep. Also, Molson XXX is a good beer at 6.7%, but it's a bit more expensive than Molson Ice which is 5.6% and usually cheaper than Bud Light Platinum. I like beers with a higher ABV and these are staples for me.

I also like Miller High Life for a slumming-it beer. It's mostly water and is super drinkable on hot days. Can't go wrong with the Champagne of Beers.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The Stone stuff is usually pretty good, sometimes excellent Pretty certain they started Arrogant brewing too? The craft beer situation in the US is really ten years ahead of Australia and lets not get into the retarded lock-out laws in Sydney ruining a good chance at a better drinking culture

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

slothrop posted:

The Stone stuff is usually pretty good, sometimes excellent Pretty certain they started Arrogant brewing too? The craft beer situation in the US is really ten years ahead of Australia and lets not get into the retarded lock-out laws in Sydney ruining a good chance at a better drinking culture

Arrogant Bastard/Double Bastard etc are all Stone beers.

And Stone makes some delicious goddamn beers.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Today is international cat day.

Go hug your cats (if they let you).

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You're not wrong. I consider myself lucky to live in the northeastern US where Yuengling is sold. Relatively cheap and tastes very good, especially with some barbeque.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

mariooncrack posted:

Today is international cat day.

Go hug your cats (if they let you).

My black cat found a new drinking straw, so he's all murder-y right now. My gray cat just came over for some affection, so consider her hugged.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

The first 13 years of NIntendo Power issues:

https://archive.org/details/nintendopower?&sort=-downloads&page=2

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

http://treehousebrew.com

You're welcome.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I just had to move my 7-8 years worth of Nintendo Power a few weeks ago. :kimchi:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

You're not wrong. I consider myself lucky to live in the northeastern US where Yuengling is sold. Relatively cheap and tastes very good, especially with some barbeque.

Yuengling is fine, but it doesn't really hold a candle to the west caost breweries like stone (or a fair number of decent east coast breweries).

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Geirskogul posted:

Tecate is a knockoff Dos Equis and is bad and you should feel bad

One time I was drinking tecate and watching parts unknown and then Anthony Bourdain and the dudes he was hanging out with we're drinking tecate and using it as targets for shooting a bunch of guns. That's my tecate story.

Also regardless of the brand image of Stella, its a pretty decent beer and you shouldn't feel bad about drinking something that has a negative brand association somewhere else in the world that isn't where you're drinking it, IMO.

Regarding beer chat; I took a sample of the English pale ale I made last week and its gonna be pretty good. It has attenuated well and in a couple more weeks it should be a pretty nice beer!

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
here are my fav beers:
1.) VB
2) Carlton
3.) PBR
4.) Hammer and Tongs
5.) Tecate

although ever since CUB started being total cunts i've been buying pbr more so i might move it up a few spots because its growing on me pretty hard.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

here are my fav beers:
1.) VB
2) Carlton
3.) PBR
4.) Hammer and Tongs
5.) Tecate

although ever since CUB started being total cunts i've been buying pbr more so i might move it up a few spots because its growing on me pretty hard.

PBR has become my go to bulk beer purchase since I find the business practices of the big breweries morally questionable.

The whole thing with Corona was the real breaking point where I now actively refuse to drink AB InBev stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did anyone kill themselves over the lack of football yesterday?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
No. Preseason isn't real football anyway. Arena Football > preseason NFL

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

No. Preseason isn't real football anyway. Arena Football > preseason NFL

From all the crybabying you'd think it was the end of the world.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man i'm pricing out plywood for rocket club stuff, why the gently caress do neither HD nor lowes let me filter by thickness?

E: Oh okay it's there on the main lumber page but not the plywood subsection. Cause that makes sense.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Enourmo posted:

Man i'm pricing out plywood for rocket club stuff, why the gently caress do neither HD nor lowes let me filter by thickness?

E: Oh okay it's there on the main lumber page but not the plywood subsection. Cause that makes sense.

Because you shouldn't buy from them?

In all seriousness, contact your local lumberyard. They'll have better selection and way better quality. They're also inclined to give you a break if it's for something cool like a model rocket club.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Find an 84 Lumber yard.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Would it be worth it for 1 sheet? I'm just looking to make up some jigs for stuff on the school's laser cutter.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My local lumber yard closes at like 4:30 PM. Home Depot is open until midnight!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Did you read my disclaimer in the post itself? I know other beers exist, and I've had them, but was listing convenience store beers only

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Stella is bad.

Fat Tire is good.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Phone posted:

Fat Tire is good.

New Belgium makes good beer. Fat Tire is very drinkable and a good everyday beer.

My favorite of theirs is the Fat Sour Apple Ale that's only available in the "Fat Tire & Friends" box. :( Another good sour they have is Snapshot, and I'm looking forward to trying their La Folie. Sour beers a great, and I hope they catch on and drive the weapons-of-hops-destruction IPAs out of the forefront.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Snapshot is a wheat, broheim.

1554 is also good.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Look for all the speeling errars

(esp the one about the dirty control dick)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I'm a Blue Moon boring guy. :smith:

I like Shock Top as well. :unsmith:

• Locked thread