Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fenrir posted:

Same. And yeah, heartless angel is a game changer, especially in the coliseum where the monsters are massive HP sponges.

Exdeath opening with Gravija to do 17k+ damage to things in S1-5 INT and then the others clean up the remaining HP for 1 round clears. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Fenrir posted:

Same. And yeah, heartless angel is a game changer, especially in the coliseum where the monsters are massive HP sponges.

Is there a difference between heartless angel and graviga? Just asking because I have both Exdeath and Kefka on my team.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zebia posted:

Is there a difference between heartless angel and graviga? Just asking because I have both Exdeath and Kefka on my team.

One is Kefka-flavored.

Past that, no. They have identical effects, identical costs, and roughly equivalent learn times.

Love Machine
Sep 7, 2012

Batteries not included.

Zebia posted:

I believe heartless angel is an ability so it can be used when silenced. Other than that I can't see any difference.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Used my free ticket hoping to get Kefka #5. Gold crystal! Cool! Who did I get?

Cyan 4*. I got Zonk'd, hard. :sigh:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Finally I have 80 Demon Hearts. Now I can ignore this stupid event...and get to grinding out Farplane Souls.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Used my free ticket hoping to get Kefka #5. Gold crystal! Cool! Who did I get?

Cyan 4*. I got Zonk'd, hard. :sigh:

Happened to me with a 4* Shadow once. Needless to say I was disappointed.

e:
VVV Ewwww, gross :gonk:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 8, 2016

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
I got it pretty bad using up the tickets we got from pre-registration.

Gold! 4* shadow
Gold! 4* bedile
Gold! 4* shadow
Gold! 4* fran

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
My current A-team is kefka, Golbez, Garland, rain and Anzelm. all max except Golbez. I rolled a Lenna going for WoL, so she will replace Anzelm as heals eventually. I want to replace Rain but I dont know with what. During the same rolls for WoL I got another golbez, another kefka, and Tellah.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Rerolling isn't necessary in this game, nor is spending any money. I have been trucking through this game with my homies Sabin, Duane and Rydia, and now 5* Locke and Fina. I've done all the story content without difficulty, it is really all trivial even without the OP characters. Only recently have I rolled Kefka as a replacement for Rydia. I've done everything without fire magic or the -ga spells.

A lot of the 4* characters are legitimately good, and barrage and full break and -ga spells and TMs are all optionaL at this point. My advice to new players is to just chill and roll with what you get because by the time you get to difficult content you will have definitely rolled good enough characters to get through it. And also, don't put money into this game because it is trash :)

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
which level coliseum should one run after beating the current content, i.e. In terms of useful item rewards or whatnot

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Anyone have a favorite Farplane Soul grinding spot?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Cry Havoc posted:

which level coliseum should one run after beating the current content, i.e. In terms of useful item rewards or whatnot

Well like if you want to build some hyper wrists you could run one with the dinosaur that has them and steal them with Locke or Zidane. Or do you mean to say you have not run any colosseum at all? Because everyone should do it since you get tons of lapis and lots of good stuff for progressing thru it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

Just keep going until you hit a wall. There are a ton of good rewards for finishing the various stages, including most of the best spellcaster gear in the game (Ice rod, white and black robes, mage hat, mystery veil, etc etc)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

SmockJoc posted:

Anyone have a favorite Farplane Soul grinding spot?

The number one recommended spot seems to be Dalnakya Caverns exploration, they can be stolen/dropped from Goblins, and second is Siren's Tower Upper Floors, where they can be dropped/stolen from Damias.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Can you get more than one force armor from the rebirth of the demon chimera?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

tophet posted:

Can you get more than one force armor from the rebirth of the demon chimera?

Nope, just the one.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I figured, so what's the point of the trials thing?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

tophet posted:

I figured, so what's the point of the trials thing?

Beastiary, and also the RANK EXP is very good. Best you can get until you get a 2* Esper.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Speaking of hitting walls, my current party has finally been stopped at Europa at the end of the S rank colosseum. Despite having a maxed ExDeath, Kuja, 68 Golbez, 66 Kefka, and 48 Lenna, I just can't outpace his damage. I'm sure I could beat him by attrition if I leveled Lenna until she got Curaja, but all my casters are running out of mana right about as he gets to 25% regardless. Has my all magic team finally run out of gas and I need to put in physical dudes? Say it ain't so!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Barthundara will mitigate his Plasma damage, which is the most dangerous thing he has. You should have the recipe, since it's an earlier coliseum reward.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

McSpankWich posted:

Speaking of hitting walls, my current party has finally been stopped at Europa at the end of the S rank colosseum. Despite having a maxed ExDeath, Kuja, 68 Golbez, 66 Kefka, and 48 Lenna, I just can't outpace his damage. I'm sure I could beat him by attrition if I leveled Lenna until she got Curaja, but all my casters are running out of mana right about as he gets to 25% regardless. Has my all magic team finally run out of gas and I need to put in physical dudes? Say it ain't so!

Max that Kefka, his Hyperdrive attack is ridiculous. Do you have a Vaan or a Celes? They both have Focus which is a party +MAG buff and would probably be a better fit than Kuja

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Well Kuja learns Barthundara natively, which has been helping a lot, and also can cast Thundaga, which Europa is weak to, so he stays I guess. His Mag is also higher than Golbez, but Golbez has Paralyzing Cold which has also been helping if it sticks. Unfortunately, I don't have Vaan or Celes. My only real physical characters are Zidane, Hayate, Xaio, Rain, and Lasswell, but they're all super low level still. I did just roll a Tellah with today's portal app reward, but he'd have to wait a few days to catch up with everyone else.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 9, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Did Gumi halve the drop rate for Sacred Crystals in Awakening - Int? Because gently caress me, I dropped a hundred energy before work and got maybe four. :pwn:

Also, they posted an Awakening bundle with a bunch of Sacred Crystals... :tinfoil:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Turpitude posted:

Rerolling isn't necessary in this game, nor is spending any money. I have been trucking through this game with my homies Sabin, Duane and Rydia, and now 5* Locke and Fina. I've done all the story content without difficulty, it is really all trivial even without the OP characters. Only recently have I rolled Kefka as a replacement for Rydia. I've done everything without fire magic or the -ga spells.

A lot of the 4* characters are legitimately good, and barrage and full break and -ga spells and TMs are all optionaL at this point. My advice to new players is to just chill and roll with what you get because by the time you get to difficult content you will have definitely rolled good enough characters to get through it. And also, don't put money into this game because it is trash :)

I think additionally that rerolling is also a tremendous waste now (compared to a few weeks ago) simply because we aren't gifted 11 free tickets right off the bat anymore. I rerolled hard for Chizaru during her rate up and never saw her once, but I ended up with a Cecil/Vaan/Butts account which made it most certainly worthwhile. If I had to complete a bunch of the story and only then get 5 tickets I wouldn't have bothered.

That said, the colosseum does get hard, and even a single lone maxed out Kefka can make a world of difference.

Thinking fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 9, 2016

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I just started a new account on another device summoned 3 Lennas and deleted.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

Did Gumi halve the drop rate for Sacred Crystals in Awakening - Int? Because gently caress me, I dropped a hundred energy before work and got maybe four. :pwn:

Also, they posted an Awakening bundle with a bunch of Sacred Crystals... :tinfoil:

I have more Holy Crystals than Sacred now, I've been having terrible luck too. I mean it could be confirmation bias, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did nerf the drop rate because of that bundle.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Huzzah, 80 demon hearts. Screw making two gravity rods though, I'll sell the other massive stone. Time for Farplane Soul farming. :(

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Cry Havoc posted:

I run beginner C-1 because the boss has elixirs as a rare steal.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

I have more Holy Crystals than Sacred now, I've been having terrible luck too. I mean it could be confirmation bias, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did nerf the drop rate because of that bundle.

Take a Locke with you if you can. Until proven otherwise, I'm convinced he does help those crystal drops.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

doing runs to awaken my WoL and had a run where i got 2 of them so i dont think the rate has been decreased.

Managed to defeat Europa with Leo and Chizuru spamming blade bash to stun it. Once I figured that out it was just a matter of trying until I could get it to proc twice before it killed everyone so that I had enough survivors to kill it.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 9, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Well...I had an "interesting" run through Demons Unleashed ADV...three sets of three bloody eyes. Yea. Had I not taken Swoon's Chizuru to spam Barrage with my Chizuru and Butz, god knows they would have Death'd my entire party. And the Demon Rider at the end? Had Roselia (equipped with Siren) use Attack Song, Butz and the Chizuru sisters using Barrage and both Exdeath and Kuja using Thundaaaaaagaaaaa! Two turned the son of a whore and got my Demon Heart :smuggo: got about 25 Demon Hearts so far, god this is such a drag to grind out, might actually buy energy refills before the event is over to make sure I can make at least ONE Gravity Rod. :cry:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Woo hoo, Friend Summon banner is coming back, good thing I have 30000 points now!

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
God the demon heart grind sucks.
At least I only have 2 more to go before that's done...

and then I need god knows how many farplane souls.

And then 10 sacred crystals to make Kefka into 5* so he can replace Exdeath and spam Hyperdrive for still less damage than what Chizuru does.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wish I could trade with you. 4 INT awakening runs today and I got 7 sacred drops, 0 holy... I think yesterday I got like 9 and 1. so I'm stuck with Locke, my second Artemios and second Kefka all at 4* max, bottlenecked because I can't awaken anyone. Meanwhile 40 or so cactuars are just waiting to be used for when they finally DO get to 5* :v:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 9, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Fenrir posted:

Wish I could trade with you. 4 INT awakening runs today and I got 7 sacred drops, 0 holy... I think yesterday I got like 9 and 1. so I'm stuck with Locke, my second Artemios and second Kefka all at 4* max, bottlenecked because I can't awaken anyone. Meanwhile 40 or so cactuars are just waiting to be used for when they finally DO get to 5* :v:

Sacreds from INT
Holy from ADV

Most people *just* run INT because you need so many more Sacreds and you occasionally get Holy from INT, but you get a shitton of Holy from ADV if that's your bottleneck.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mile'ionaha posted:

Sacreds from INT
Holy from ADV

Most people *just* run INT because you need so many more Sacreds and you occasionally get Holy from INT, but you get a shitton of Holy from ADV if that's your bottleneck.

Yeah, I finally started trying that. Results have improved a little anyway.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Turpitude posted:

/\/\/\This is excellent advice.

Unless you're trying to break every challenge in half, you don't actually need anyone from current top tier list (and even then, maybe not.)

They're very nice to have, certainly. I only had Terra from that list to start, later on I drew Vaan, Kefka, Tellah, Artemios and Golbez. And Firion, but he seems to not be on the list anymore (until he gets 6* later on, I bet) The only place I feel I needed all that power was the Colosseum. If I didn't have Kefka I would probably be giving it a break for a while. That doesn't mean it's not doable without him, or later on with characters that haven't been released yet, mind you.

90% of this game is quite beatable with "lovely" characters.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
3 awakening int runs with 2 maxed lockes = 1 sacred crystal

Also way more one enemy encounters in there than before, up to a max of 2. Don't even see Bas-reliefs now (those tombstones you had to use magic to kill), which makes sense because those mostly came in groups of 3.

Gumi purposefully putting a chokehold on crystal drop rates to frustrate you into buying their overpriced bundles? You better believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I've gotten 5 sacred crystals in one run without using Locke. It just comes down to luck.

• Locked thread