Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I think it works with two weight mods. I'll check on that later.

I have confirmed that this is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011

The Krysae Human Soldier build is just a typical Cryo Ammo build based around staggering groups, raining down conc shots (Shredder/Shatter erry day), and chucking copious amounts of frag grenades for even more DOT. The Krysae might just be ever so slightly better at actually damaging bosses and mooks than the Falcon at the cost of being less good at locking down spawns, so it's a fine substitute. I don't actually use Adrenaline Rush except for bulking up while running through crossfire.

Kinda wish I had three Cabal vanguards to play with because I want to be able to switch between tanky pseudo-TurSol to Heavy Melee Bonanza to frantic ammo priming and double dashing between matches. I'd trade away the N7 Shadow and ex-Cerberus characters in an instant for more Cabal slots.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Nobody said everything was a lot faster on PC :shepicide:

Also the key bindings are hard to adapt to. But this is alright. Hit me up I'm Theda_ktor on origin. Laugh with me as I troll experienced players like a noob!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You won't be any worse than me. I just got bitch-killed by a Phantom :negative:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the multiplayer controller mod is highly recommended by yours truly. although there are probably some builds that benefit from the use of kb+m

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Wow, lots of new posts here. I'll try to update my build post links to the new kalence site, maybe someone will still find some use out of it!

P.S. The Krysae is great with a GI. His extra attack speed makes it actually enjoyable to use, and the Geth damage boosts are enough to make it viable DPS wise as well.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The Cabal goes down kinda hard vs. the Geth. It's not so much the pyros, it's the hunters that you can't lock on to until they decloak/you provide a DPS effect.

Also color me surprised you can actually detonate snap freeze with poison strike

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Got my install sorted and shot a bunch of friend requests to ya'll. Sounds like it's time to get sucked in for another month.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Nebakenezzer posted:

The Cabal goes down kinda hard vs. the Geth. It's not so much the pyros, it's the hunters that you can't lock on to until they decloak/you provide a DPS effect.

You can't negate this using Geth Goggles?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Iirc, jack sight plus biotic focus turns everything into blurry hell.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Bogart posted:

Iirc, jack sight plus biotic focus turns everything into blurry hell.

Oh, yeah, hopefully the overlays in the new game don't obstruct FOV or destroy our eyeballs. However, Krogan Warlord on Hazard White is a fun and challenging take on "blind with rage".

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Tried out human soldier with krysae.

I don't think I had an optimal build.

Full AR, full damage (plus shield recharge instead of power usage)
Full gun damage up to headshot (5th rank)
Full shield/health up to 4th rank

I was only using a level 14 character, hence having to cut corners. wanted the shield recharge of AR so had to skimp on the 10% gun damage bonus.

Krysae with +25% damage mod and +ammo mod
equipment: Sniper Rifle III, armor pen ammo IV, sniper rifle +15%, skill recharge III

Had a sidearm hurricane X with armor pen mod and ULM, which was pretty goddamn handy.

Played Cerb gold, ended up on Jade (I think? One with two prominent staircase, a wide open market lower, and pick-up point is suicidally hard to defend on the exposed staircase).

Verdict: It was okay. It seemed to have really weirdly variable damage. Sometimes a shot against an Atlas did 1 bar of damage, other times it seemed to do like 3. The best function it performed was loving over phantoms, who couldn't hide from its proximity-detonating splash explosions. Plus, it does a good job staggering mooks. And given how long it'd been since I played, I appreciated not having to aim all that well to hit guys. Rusty and all that.

So it's a fun gun, but I couldn't make it sing.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I dont think the Krysae benefits from heads hot mods.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Or AP. Krysae is an explosive, proximity detonated anti-materiel rifle. You should use ammo mods that have proccable powers like incendiary, disruptor, or freeze.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I dont think the Krysae benefits from heads hot mods.

I took headshot skill tree upgrade, I didn't add a headshot mod. I might've misspoke there.

I probably should've used Incendiary IV instead of armor penetration IV, but I figured the added +50% damage would be good enough either way. I kinda thought the AP wouldn't help vs armor, but I'm rusty and couldn't be hosed to look it up.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Well I meant mods in the broad sense not just ammo mods.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Pander posted:

I took headshot skill tree upgrade, I didn't add a headshot mod. I might've misspoke there.

I probably should've used Incendiary IV instead of armor penetration IV, but I figured the added +50% damage would be good enough either way. I kinda thought the AP wouldn't help vs armor, but I'm rusty and couldn't be hosed to look it up.

Understood.

The real benefit of of weapons like the Krysae as a projectile weapon (with AoE) is that it will always proc ammo powers so even if you're getting more damage from AP ammo, you're wasting the potential of the weapon. 2 of my favorite builds is the Salarian Infiltrator with Disruptor ammo vs Geth and Human Soldier Conc build with Freeze ammo vs everything else.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Pander posted:

Tried out human soldier with krysae.

I don't think I had an optimal build.

Krysae Soldier is basically a Falcon Cryo Soldier, no? Use the explosive projectile weapon to freeze something(preferably something organic), then drop a Shatter+Shredder Concussive Shot on it for tons of damage?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Khizan posted:

Krysae Soldier is basically a Falcon Cryo Soldier, no? Use the explosive projectile weapon to freeze something(preferably something organic), then drop a Shatter+Shredder Concussive Shot on it for tons of damage?

that's what El Mido was doing, yes

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I saw someone using a javelin with the human soldier and wrecking everything in sight. If I wasn't awful with that gun I would try it.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Javelin definitely takes some getting-used-to but after about half a game, you'll be the only person on your team killing anything.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Javelin definitely takes some getting-used-to but after about half a game, you'll be the only person on your team killing anything.

Nah I've got over 800 hours in this game, BotB, 100k scores every match; it's just not something I can get down.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I've tried and tried. The little hitch between trigger-hold and shot screws up my aim too much. Black widow and Valiant are much better for me.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

there are mods to remove the graphical effects of goggles powers (biotic focus, geth vision, etc.), no? they don't bother me too much but I bet modding them out would be useful or even necessary for some

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011

Khizan posted:

Yep. Probably my favourite VS Collectors character because Conc shot wrecks barriers and pushes aboms away into other players.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

El Mido posted:

Yep. Probably my favourite VS Collectors character because Conc shot wrecks barriers and pushes aboms away into other players.

hard to beat the 'CATCH!!!' effect with Lash though

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That moment when you can't get Rage up as a Kroguard because all the pubbies are 'helping' with your kills :negative:

like seriously i can easily solo a prime often two but it was a goddamn poo poo show getting any melee kills on the board

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Two Finger posted:

That moment when you can't get Rage up as a Kroguard because all the pubbies are 'helping' with your kills :negative:

like seriously i can easily solo a prime often two but it was a goddamn poo poo show getting any melee kills on the board

Rage is a weird beast; I've had it trigger almost as often off of bitchslapping corpses as killing live enemies. As long as you get your melee lock-on, and the enemy dies between when you start the animation and when you smack the corpse like it owes you ultra-rares (complete with the usual wet thud and sometimes physics-ing too), it still counts toward rage. If you're going after primes a lot though, the timeframe you need to get the kills in might be your real issue. Break off and slap a few troopers to get rage up, then dive back in.

E: The other issue I have sometimes is that the krogan version of Charge does some hefty damage, and can effectively cause you to killsteal from yourself if your rhythm lines up wrong on a particular enemy.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 13, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I was under the impression Charge kills count for Rage?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Two Finger posted:

I was under the impression Charge kills count for Rage?

It shouldn't? Charge is a power, and nothing to do with melee. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was bugged to do so, or if they made some exception specifically for kroguards.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Hmm, I'm divided on using Cheat Engine to get money. On the one hand, it's fun pretending I'm a new player with <100 N7 points starting out on Platinum, and playing with just the common weapons and starter characters. On the other hand, beginner gear sucks, and this farming from the beginning thing is going to get old. I think I've already done my proof of concept by maxing out my common weapons in just a few hours.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Felinoid posted:

It shouldn't? Charge is a power, and nothing to do with melee. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was bugged to do so, or if they made some exception specifically for kroguards.

https://forum.bioware.com/topic/404732-krogan-vanguard-enters-rage-from-biotic-charge-kills/?p=12661831

Working as intended as of 4 years ago.

Forums are still good for something.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
all the activity in this thread got me to reinstall me3. first game i get into is collectors/glacier during wave 8. i got downed 3 times in the first minute. still got it!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I noticed since playing on PC that some plat games run a little faster than other plat games. And some have enemy health turned way down, so take that for what you will.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Haha yes my memory isn't completely broken

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Huh. I guess I've just been unlucky that it's never actually triggered on a Charge for me. v:shobon:v

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011

My Q-Face posted:

Hmm, I'm divided on using Cheat Engine to get money. On the one hand, it's fun pretending I'm a new player with <100 N7 points starting out on Platinum, and playing with just the common weapons and starter characters. On the other hand, beginner gear sucks, and this farming from the beginning thing is going to get old. I think I've already done my proof of concept by maxing out my common weapons in just a few hours.

It's okay, just give yourself the credits. The act of buying packs over and over will be tedious enough.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I made pack opening script in AutoHotKey if anyone's interested. Start on the store page and let it run. You can also rewrite it to adjust the loop and change which packs to open.

You may have to fiddle with the X and Y coordinates, or otherwise adjust to resolution to 1028x760 and open the game in a window rather than fullscreen.

kalel fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 13, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I fixed the build calculator links in my builds post. Maybe they'll still help someone out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Smol posted:

I fixed the build calculator links in my builds post. Maybe they'll still help someone out!

I was just looking at those yesterday! Thank you! The old links were sort of working and I was thinking "I hope these don't go away totally..."

imagine dungeons fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 13, 2016

• Locked thread