Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Veto meeting happens first sometime today. Cat has a meeting with herself to decide whether to use the Veto.

Then I'll open up voting and you have until Sunday 6PM to submit your vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'm dumb thanks

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There's a schedule in the OP which lists what happens on each day.

Generally challenges will happen starting between 7-8PM. If I need anything from you like votes or nominations I'll want those in by 6PM.

The only exception is the veto meeting which can happen at any time on Tuesdays and Fridays because only 1-2 people actually need to be around for it.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Thinkin bout the veto

I got dragged into second life recently by friends for some reason???

Oh, wait, I've got it!

Flerp I'm vetoing you.
Jake I'm nominating you because I don't think you'll leave.

Adjourned.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Woooooowww

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wowzers!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
God's breath!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:O

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

curiousCat posted:

Jake I'm nominating you because I don't think you'll leave.

:rolleyes:

gg y'all

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
curiousCat has used the veto.

The new nominees are Retro Futurist and JakeP.

Please send me your votes before Sunday at 6pm.

We'll be doing the Q&A thing again at 6:30PM, eviction at 6:50PM, and HOH challenge at 7PM.

This is a game challenge and is not mobile friendly. The challenge will be starting at 7PM exactly. No 5 minute rules reading time this time, so try to be on time everyone!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'll be there on the double :)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Remember when Jake ate all those babies. That was messed up

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

JOHN CENA posted:

I'll be there on the double :)

hahahahahahaha

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone posted:

Remember when Jake ate all those babies. That was messed up

Yeah I heard that, many people were saying that. hosed up if true

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah I heard that, many people were saying that. hosed up if true

Well I guess since two people said it, it is a permanent fact. Oh my.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If anyone is around and not paying attention to us, we're playing some Jackbox! You can come play!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidnose posted:

If anyone is around and not paying attention to us, we're playing some Jackbox! You can come play!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1paBpYXIRs

No relation, correct? :j: (sorry guys coffeeshop I'm at is closing so I'm out for a bit)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Quidnose posted:

:munch: can viewers play? :munch:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Now announcing the creation of the hashtag :shlick: shack

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Roughly 90 minutes left to vote!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Murmur Twin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1paBpYXIRs

No relation, correct? :j: (sorry guys coffeeshop I'm at is closing so I'm out for a bit)

Airs/livestreams seven minutes of adults making fun of another adult for masturbating, with one camera focused on the box.

Cuts to filler as soon as a dude starts singing

#justCBSthings

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Good evening houseguests! It's time for another eviction ceremony.

Tonight one of JakeP or Retro Futurist will be evicted from the house and curiousCat will complete her HOH reign, but first let's talk about how the game is going so far.

JOHN CENA, you've expressed frustration at math based puzzles. If every comp from here on out included math in some way, how would you have to adjust your strategy?

curiousCat, you won the HOH and the Veto this week. Are you concerned that others will begin to see you as a challenge threat?

flerp, you were nominated again and managed to avoid eviction again. What is your secret?

JakeP, for the second week in a row you've been nominated. Are you nervous about tonight? Do you think you're in danger?

Opop, in her veto speech Cat said that she was nominating Jake because she doesn't think he'll be evicted. How do you react to that?

Everyone, now that we've had two evictions and a used veto, it's fair to say that the game is truly underway. How do you currently feel about your position in the house? Do you think more concrete factions are forming or are things more fluid?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

Opop, in her veto speech Cat said that she was nominating Jake because she doesn't think he'll be evicted. How do you react to that?

It made me sad, Asiina. It made me sad.

Not sad enough to eat a baby like Jake would though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

If every comp from here on out involved math, I'd need to calculate my odds, add up the number of people I can trust, subtract the rest, divide and conquer, and hey if I win, maybe I'll use the status as Big Brother Winner, find a nice dame, and then we can multiply.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

JakeP, for the second week in a row you've been nominated. Are you nervous about tonight? Do you think you're in danger?

She wouldn't have vetoed her own nominations if it wasn't for a back door, and if she did she is way dumber than I thought she is. Not nervous though, I haven't had the time to put any effort into this so me getting voted out now doesn't really make a difference

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

Everyone, now that we've had two evictions and a used veto, it's fair to say that the game is truly underway. How do you currently feel about your position in the house? Do you think more concrete factions are forming or are things more fluid?

I am honestly pretty unsure about my position right now. I have cool people that I talk to regularly, but there are some folks who I haven't really meshed with yet. I'd love to talk more with folks one on one, which means I guess I shouldn't always wait for others to reach out to me.. I think it is really easy to dip into the paranoia of BB and think that everyone is talking to each other way more than they talk to you. When living in paranoia frenzy it is easy for you to think that everyone has some sort of alliance but you and everyone is laughing at you about it. Right now I just kind of try to talk myself out of this and try to convince my paranoid side that this isn't true and that things are more fluid than my wildest fears. Some days that works, some days that doesn't.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I feel there are some factions that are not as obvious as a snapshot look from the outside or as a player in the game. I'm fully aware that I can't take every interaction I've had as genuine since I'm sure people are posturing a bit, it's a game after all.

I never feel comfortable with my position in the house, the moment you do is the moment you'll get turned on. I have a few people I feel that I could trust, but like I said it's a game so even that could go sour, even though I hope it doesn't!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I've been fairly vocal about who I agree and disagree with so I'm sure there are some people who are seeing me as a threat to their wellbeing. I think everyone knows which way my vote is going tonight, and if they don't they haven't been paying attention. I'm not concerned, though; I'm not gonna vote against my heart just because of what people are presenting as the predominant groupthink.

As for factions and "arrangements," I think it was a bit telling before last night that the main house chat has been getting pretty quiet. I suspect people are finding some corners to chat it up in, either in factions or just one on one. But I was really glad we got to play some games together last night, because I think it went a long way to bringing everyone back together. And I know a big reason we're all here is to hang out and make friends, so I hope we do some more of that! :D

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

My impression is that people are still forming their game opinions based on how they feel about people, and right now there hasn't really been any major conflict (other than Kash RPing) to divide people. I'd say fluid.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

A cold wind blows off of the North Sea and I look over the railing into the wine dark waters and I remember what it was like to be in the summer of my youth, free and unburdened by the things that now rest about my limbs and throat. Once I could have jumped over that railing and soared on the wind, but now I would simply drop like a stone into the darkness. But I'm not here to jump or to remember, I have other things on my mind. My contact and I meet at a local crepes restaurant, one that I had eaten in all those years ago, and the menu somehow remains unchanged, but I move into more exploratory zones and get a savory crepe.

My contact orders a sweet one and slides a briefcase to me beneath the table. I don't bother to look at it, and we make small talk after dinner. I promise to cover the bill and they disappear into the night. It's later that night, under the shadow of the International Criminal Tribunal that I open the briefcase and leaf through its contents. There is still time, it seems. While the agents working against me haven't been quiescent, they've yet to make significant headway. There's still time to do what is needed, and the revolver from the briefcase slides easily into my shoulder holster, hidden by the dark fabric of my overcoat.

I toss the briefcase into the sewer, and take the handful of notes I actually need back to my hotel room. Over the course of the long night, I review the text, committing the details to memory, and then step out onto the balcony to have a cigarette and burn the papers to ash that dance on the wind and disappear into the distant darkness of the Hague. As the glow fades from my cigarette, I wonder how I had gotten here.

Just before dawn, I break into the back of a bookstore located in a small corner of the downtown. I find the text I'm looking for and make my way out before the police show up, and don't even need to fire a single bullet. I keep the gun, though, hidden within my own briefcase, as I take the trolley to the train station. I make sure that I'm in the bathroom during the passport check (none of the border controls are too strict between EU nations), and I'm on my way to Vienna, and the next step of my journey.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I believe the following three videos adequately reflect my thoughts regarding the big brother house and my position within it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKk69EmCgHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZNg3UzFbqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2wNpUCZic

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

I believe the following three videos adequately reflect my thoughts regarding the big brother house and my position within it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKk69EmCgHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZNg3UzFbqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2wNpUCZic

Do you want to get sued!?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

What happened to us, Meinberg?

Quiet you.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I miss when the Simpson were good. Those were the days of my youth, halcyon and bright. Before I got tangled up in all this mess.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Meinberg posted:

I miss when the Simpson were good. Those were the days of my youth, halcyon and bright. Before I got tangled up in all this mess.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
With that classic Simpsons reference, it's time for the eviction ceremony.

Let's get right to it!

That's one vote Opop.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's one vote JakeP, one vote Opop.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's two votes Opop, one vote Jake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I think everyone loves me and no one wants to evict me ever, and that someday we will all decide to live together for real.

John Cena will be our informal head of household, because he is the most mature of our number.
I will remain much as I am, happy and delighted young lady making full use of a revolving door.

I have made a lot of friends already in this game and it is a lot of fun asiina

also hi everybody I'm awake

• Locked thread