Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the Greatest Team?
Oorai
Pravda
St. Gloriana
Saunders
Anzio
Chi-Ha-Tan
Kuromorimine
Selection
Maginot
Jatkosota
View Results

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I believe the More Rabu Rabu canon, where Erika is bitter towards Miho because Miho didn't help her give Valentines' Day chocolate to Maho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?

Bakanogami posted:

I can't find it right now, but the thing that made Erika's character click for me was some Japanese blog post where they go through every encounter between Erika and Miho in the series. Erika will come up and say something snide or insulting to Miho, and then Miho will flat out completely ignore her, not even acknowledge her presence, usually focusing on Maho instead. She does everything she can to get a rise out of Miho, but fails to even register on her radar.

Haha. Yeah. Although, to be fair, Miho does this to everyone, not just Erika. I feel like Miho took "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" way too seriously. If you go through the recap episodes, Miho is super polite about people's attempted strategies and avoids mentioning bad things about them.

For example, for Saunders, she says that they're very skilled and in regards to Alicia, her comment is that Alicia is "one who really knows how important intel is." When Yukari comments on the whole radio tapping incident and Miho's "brilliant' strategy, Miho is silent and only speaks up again when they're discussing whether Rommel pulled off a similar tactic with trees in North Africa.

And her comment on Katyusha is that she's a "forceful, unwavering captain." "Provoking us before the match was probably part of the plan as well. That's just how good Katyusha is."

It's not like Miho doesn't notice the comments though, I think. Erika is just usually with Maho so Miho is understandably a bit more focused on her beloved big sister's reaction than Erika.

Katreus fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 15, 2016

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That's why it's such an epic burn when Miho politely reminds the Chinese team not to charge in

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Space Flower posted:

That's why it's such an epic burn when Miho politely reminds the Chinese team not to charge in

loving pubbies.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Space Flower posted:

Japanese

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Could the Chinese (themed school) even field a Tankery Team? I thought they were using crappy, outdated armor even before Japan occupied them.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Could the Chinese (themed school) even field a Tankery Team? I thought they were using crappy, outdated armor even before Japan occupied them.

Fielding nearly useless crap tanks for the majority of the team didn't stop Anzio.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

There's a few schools that actually give a the championship a serious go, the rest are just in it because tankery is their hobby and it wouldn't look good if their school club refused to participate.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Iirc China had a handful of old Russian T-26s and later some American lend-lease Shermans. There were never any actual tank on tank battles in China as far as I know, Chinese tanks were both short on fuel for offensive operations and too valuable to risk.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

P-Mack posted:

Iirc China had a handful of old Russian T-26s and later some American lend-lease Shermans. There were never any actual tank on tank battles in China as far as I know, Chinese tanks were both short on fuel for offensive operations and too valuable to risk.

Nationalist Chinese tanks are a mess. They pretty much bought whatever was available or what a certain warlord thought looked awesome, you have Vickers 6tons, Italian tankettes and even a couple Panzer Is. And a metric shitton of FT-17s, of course. It's only later that they get T-26s and some Soviet advisers who tell them how to use them. The bulk of American tanks provided to the Chinese were apparently Stuarts of some make.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

Nationalist Chinese tanks are a mess. They pretty much bought whatever was available or what a certain warlord thought looked awesome, you have Vickers 6tons, Italian tankettes and even a couple Panzer Is. And a metric shitton of FT-17s, of course. It's only later that they get T-26s and some Soviet advisers who tell them how to use them. The bulk of American tanks provided to the Chinese were apparently Stuarts of some make.

They can't be in the show cause it would just be another Oorai.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
An Oorai with tanks that are somehow even worse. They might be owning pretty hard at tankathon, though.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oorai was nationalist China this whole time.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Zettace posted:

loving pubbies.
Miho: *Attention to the map!*
Miho: *Attention to the designated grid zone!*
Miho: Tiger H and Panther at A point, assist please.
Miho: FFS NVM

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

An Oorai with tanks that are somehow even worse. They might be owning pretty hard at tankathon, though.

Hey, let's not go nuts here. They got Shermans and Hellcats through the US Military Assistance Program and smuggling through Burma before the end of the war, so they would probably be able to muster a serviceable core to their team even if the secondary tanks were mostly weird and awful. A monster team like Black Forest would wipe the floor with them, but they could hand Chi-Ha-Tan and Anzio their asses, give early Oarai a run for their money, and maybe even put a dent in Saunders or Pravda before being steamrolled, especially if the nature of the Chinese Civil War/Sino-Japanese War means the writers decide to make them asymmetrical warfare experts.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Hey, let's not go nuts here. They got Shermans and Hellcats through the US Military Assistance Program and smuggling through Burma before the end of the war, so they would probably be able to muster a serviceable core to their team even if the secondary tanks were mostly weird and awful. A monster team like Black Forest would wipe the floor with them, but they could hand Chi-Ha-Tan and Anzio their asses, give early Oarai a run for their money, and maybe even put a dent in Saunders or Pravda before being steamrolled, especially if the nature of the Chinese Civil War/Sino-Japanese War means the writers decide to make them asymmetrical warfare experts.

Alternately, they keep losing because part of the team is plotting to overthrow the team captain and become a Pravda affiliate.

Any word on the movie getting a US Blu-ray release?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Chinese team will shoot the dam and flood their own tanks.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Give Rosehip a Hellcat, its twice as fast as her Crusader!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Polikarpov posted:

Xelkelvos posted:

[ROSEHIP INTENSIFIES]

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Hellcats are open topped and thus ILLEGAL.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Eh, there's been modifications to make them fully enclosed during the war - at least one TD battalion had their maintenance guys produce those kits en masse to equip the whole unit.

Polikarpov posted:

Said it before, saying it again: Look at what she keeps doing to that poor Crusader. Do you really want to give her a bigger, faster and more expensive tank?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I do.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Polikarpov posted:

Clearly she would get an Achilles IIC :britain:

Magni posted:

Eh, there's been modifications to make them fully enclosed during the war - at least one TD battalion had their maintenance guys produce those kits en masse to equip the whole unit.

Pretty sure the M18 and M36 had factory conversion kits with steel roofs out as soon as they entered service. If the Karl was anywhere near legal, the TDs are too.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/garupan/status/769837235852095488

"Final Chapter" ?!

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I hope it's a TV series and not a movie. I mean a movie in the quality of the first movie would be cool but it would mean I would have to wait ~2 years for the blu-rays to come out to watch it since I'm not going to fly to Japan to watch a movie.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Zettace posted:

I hope it's a TV series and not a movie. I mean a movie in the quality of the first movie would be cool but it would mean I would have to wait ~2 years for the blu-rays to come out to watch it since I'm not going to fly to Japan to watch a movie.

Well, here, it says

quote:

The "Girls & Panzer Heartful Tank Carnival II" event announced on Sunday that production on a Girls & Panzer anime sequel titled Girls & Panzer Saishūshō (Girls & Panzer: The Final Chapter) has been green-lit.
Which I guess could be read as implying it's a TV series, since they just said "anime sequel" and not "movie sequel" or "sequel to the movie"? Hardly at all certain though.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

smenj posted:

Which I guess could be read as implying it's a TV series, since they just said "anime sequel" and not "movie sequel" or "sequel to the movie"? Hardly at all certain though.

Either way, if it does well, it might lead to Ribbon War getting animated.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Those two shots look like the interior of a submarine??

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Das Moe-Boot would be amazing.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

or the aircraft carrier gets a bigger role?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Momo finds her true calling as a Fleet Admiral, GuP crosses over with Kancolle.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe they found some arty of their own. :v:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

CommissarMega posted:

Momo finds her true calling as a Fleet Admiral, GuP crosses over with Kancolle.

hell, i'm down

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Girls und MLRS

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yeah sure, I'll grind some World of Warships for a GuP collab

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It can't be worse than Haifuri.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

ArchangeI posted:

Das Moe-Boot would be amazing.

There's a CG anime called Arpeggio of Blue Steel but I've only seen the first episode of it. Also the submarines and battleships have AI that take the form of girls but they're more like robots than they are moe characters. If only all the battleships went to high school instead it might have been more memorable.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Here's hoping for some sick ATGM trickshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Does anyone have the English subtiles in .rear end file form? I have the movie and I want to show my friends but they don't understand Japanese so I need to find some subs.