Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
I am hearing he does NOT have the round trip. Time to go make nice with Zakiyah :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Woo hoo I was wrong!

Not get him the hell off my TV!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Good riddance.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
Do y'all ever wonder if Julie is sick of people constantly talking about her appearance on this show? Like, I don't watch The Talk but that group seems like people who probably hate that kind of bullshit. And people bring it up like every time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thank God.

gently caress off, Paulie.

Strategy my rear end. You were whimpering in dr and had to be Chimaed by production. Good luck selling that bulk to the feedsters.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm so glad that Paul had the round trip ticket, considering he was the first person to solve that puzzle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually considered skipping this episode live and just spoiling myself so I didn't have to experience Paulie having a round trip without warning.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

STAC Goat posted:

I actually considered skipping this episode live and just spoiling myself so I didn't have to experience Paulie having a round trip without warning.

Shake and I didn't even tune in until the thread revealed he didn't have the round trip, heh.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Of course Paulie'll make it back in the comp 😭

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
The whole episode was pretty weird. I hope the jury comp to get back in is a crap shoot. Screw paulie coming back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I changed my mind 15 minutes or so in and caught up just in time to see Paulie try and bs out of being the biggest sore loser in BB history.

Now I just have to dread him coming back next week. Hopefully Corey will go so he doesn't have any real allies.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Have any jury buybacks been random games? I feel like they have all been beastable comps. Probably why Paulie didn't give a poo poo tonight. Who in the jury is going to beat him in a beastable comp at this point? The only chance is if Corey goes next week, or Victor.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Ugh why do they have to do a competition for buyback. Make it be a special care package and let America vote for who to return. Then they can put the returner in a big box in the backyard and let the house guests open it.

Maybe Paulie will be a big baby and leave the jury house before he finds out there's a buyback. He must be terrified of living with all those females with no bro to cuddle with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyree posted:

The whole episode was pretty weird. I hope the jury comp to get back in is a crap shoot. Screw paulie coming back.

It really was, especially as a feedsters since the timeline was all kinds of hosed up. Like that Nat discussion happened on Friday and let to the kitchen fight because he was a condescending prick to her and pissed her off nd made here think he was crazy.

I didn't thin they were soft on him earlier in the week but this episode definitely seemed to be trying to present him as some softie who just had a momentary lapse. Not the self important douchebag who managed to sabotage his game completely in 36 hours or so and then they a bipolar near week long fit about it.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

Turbl posted:

Maybe Paulie will be a big baby and leave the jury house before he finds out there's a buyback. He must be terrified of living with all those females with no bro to cuddle with.

He must know there's a buyback, because there's always a buyback, but I hope in the deepest region of my heart that he holds true to his "I don't need the money and won't stay in jury" promise.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Have any jury buybacks been random games? I feel like they have all been beastable comps. Probably why Paulie didn't give a poo poo tonight. Who in the jury is going to beat him in a beastable comp at this point? The only chance is if Corey goes next week, or Victor.

season 16 was a shuffleboard that jocasta almost won.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
How many loving chances is Paulie going to get? Jesus.

I'm going to be so pissed if he gets back into the house.

There's gotta be 2 double evictions on the horizion, right?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

He must know there's a buyback, because there's always a buyback, but I hope in the deepest region of my heart that he holds true to his "I don't need the money and won't stay in jury" promise.

The house has been speculating about the buyback since Saturday. They did the math and figured it was coming.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

ToastyPotato posted:

The recent jury buybacks have been the wall competition, which Paulie and Corey (if he goes next), as big hulking dudes, will be terrible at.

Edit:

JOHN CENA posted:

season 16 was a shuffleboard that jocasta almost won.

Dammit!! Let's all pray it's a wall comp or maybe a crap shoot and not a physical comp.

STAC, I love you, please don't use bipolar as a random descriptor for erratic behavior. Paulie was really sad and pathetic for awhile, then tried to cheer up and be a better sport, but it's nothing like the symptoms of bipolar disorder, which are serious and difficult to cope with.

I know you didn't mean anything harmful by it.

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 19, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

violetdragon posted:

The recent jury buybacks have been the wall competition, which Paulie and Corey (if he goes next), as big hulking dudes, will be terrible at.

STAC, I love you, please don't use bipolar as a random descriptor for erratic behavior. Paulie was really sad and pathetic for awhile, then tried to cheer up and be a better sport, but it's nothing like the symptoms of bipolar disorder, which are serious and difficult to cope with.

Sorry. Definitely didn't mean it to be harmful. I was typing on my phone and took a shortcut and I'm sorry that was a loaded short cut that might upset someone. I totally see why it would and I'm sorry.

I meant the jump between him being angry and "aggressive" and genuinely scaring or unnerving some people including James, Paul, and Corey and then the sad and defeatist thing he did where he was crying constantly and saying they were the good people were were unfairly screwed and he wasn't going to play along because of it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

paulie is just a typical jersey rutger frat boy piece of poo poo who is entitled af and prone to throwing tantrums whenever he isnt getting his way so i have zero sympathy or hard feelings for him as a human, myself as an ex rutgers alumni

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

Sorry. Definitely didn't mean it to be harmful. I was typing on my phone and took a shortcut and I'm sorry that was a loaded short cut that might upset someone. I totally see why it would and I'm sorry.

I meant the jump between him being angry and "aggressive" and genuinely scaring or unnerving some people including James, Paul, and Corey and then the sad and defeatist thing he did where he was crying constantly and saying they were the good people were were unfairly screwed and he wasn't going to play along because of it.

It's okay. I almost didn't say anything because I knew you didn't mean it in a malicious way, but I try to say something when I see it used for anything other than legit bipolar disorder, to help get it out of common usage that way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't mind being called out and apologizing. We don't work that kind of stuff out of our vocabulary or thinking without people calling us out and making us feel bad. Its the parable of the racist tree stuff at worst and just plain tough love at best. There's been plenty of things I said when I was younger that I have since stopped saying because someone made sure to call me out on it every time I did even though they knew I didn't mean anything by it. They did it BECAUSE they knew I didn't mean anything and I'd eventually learn.

You know, kind of like how when people told Natalie told Paulie that the stuff he was saying about her being disrespectful he should have said "I'm sorry, I'll change" and not "I think YOU'RE the one being disrespectful and you're full of yourself!" Actually the reason I kind of forgave Frank after his bad behavior because he seemed genuinely apologetic or at least had the basic manners to pretend he was.

Thus completes my attempt to make this on topic.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 19, 2016

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Who are the people who like buybacks? Who likes houseguests returning after gossiping with everyone else in a sequester or jury, which often results in the most strategic players getting targeted? Who thinks that there's a point to returning houseguests when anyone who's evicted is automatic jury poison when it comes to winning? Who is actually enticed to watch an episode of Big Brother they otherwise wouldn't because they are excited about a "TWIST!!!!"?

Is there actually a big section of the BB fanbase that actually likes this stuff in a way that drives the ratings to a noticeable degree? Or has "expect the unexpected" been driven so deep into the psyche's of production that they have no grasp of game mechanics or how twists mess with strategy (especially in a season that's been severely lacking in it).

I just don't understand the appeal.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The theory is that your favorite HG could fight their way back in! Of course, the problem is that this basically never happens. Though I would argue that it worked with Victor to a degree, but that wasn't a jury version, so it is pretty different.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

violetdragon posted:

This is a really weird thing to get triggered about. Nonetheless, in the span of one week, Paulie demonstrated: easy frustration, erratic behavior, grandiosity, decreased sleep, and plenty of talkativeness in the absence (to our knowledge) of a predisposing medical condition or intoxication.

So... perhaps it was an apt description?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

A Jury Resurrection should ALWAYS be something endurance oriented.
No one can respect a crapshoot buyback, you gotta go to work for that prize.
The wall with catching random shot balls or similar poo poo like that.

Paulie's broadcast edit did show he was acting a quitter once his number came up.
I felt the edit made the other houseguests seem a lot more sympathetic (and by more, I mean any because no one was buying what he was selling).
Thankfully, he didn't have the Golden Ticket.

Brenchal's love child was a monumental waste of network air time.

What number ticket did Paul have?
That's statistically cool he pulled the Golden Ticket after being the first to crack the code.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
I think Paul pulled 7. Not sure though.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oh good god, that Brenchel segment with Dora was wore than...

Look, it was really bad, okay?

I hope they get divorced as a result of that argument over whether or not their infant daughter should go on a trashy reality competition program.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Tellah posted:

This is a really weird thing to get triggered about. Nonetheless, in the span of one week, Paulie demonstrated: easy frustration, erratic behavior, grandiosity, decreased sleep, and plenty of talkativeness in the absence (to our knowledge) of a predisposing medical condition or intoxication.

So... perhaps it was an apt description?

Probably a call for a professional to make, rather than people watching a reality television show!

obliriovrons fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 19, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hope if Paulie has issues he gets help.

After the Jury women rake him over the coals after Day and Bridgette have had a week to deprogram Z.

Anf I hope he's shaken enough by that to lose the returning comp.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I still can't believe he got the cheers he got. All that did was reinforce everything he did as a positive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You have to be an unapologetic racist, full on insane person who adopts a new persona to harass America's Favorite, or have your husband imply on air he feels cheated on to get booed. Paulie was never going to get anything but cheers because BB sets it up that way, and he's always had that bat mitzvah tween demo.

I mean, there's a not small contingent of BB fans who are still shipping Zaulie hardcore and think Natalie is the villain. People are superficial.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

BB insured that he wouldn't get booed because they gave him and edit that protected him. They could have protected Christine if they wanted to just as easily but they didn't. Aaryn was much more controversial and racism was rampant in the house.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paulie got cover because they all get cover. Even Aaryn, Amanda, and Christine got cover. BB protects its HGs because it doesn't want the bad press. When they rake someone over the coals its because they're responding to the bad press/social media outrage, but even then they always soften the blow and show only what they have to.

Even with Aaryn who - if you believed the edit - apparently stopped being a racist after Week 3. Which is of course bullshit.

But Paulie was never going to get booed because his brand of villainy was good ole misogynistic rear end in a top hat behavior and the carefully selected crowd was never going to boo the dreamy guy for that. It took pretty big stuff with Aaryn, Amanda, and Christine (marriage "infidelity" is a big deal to a lot of America) to get those unprecedented boos. Largely unaired misogyny wasn't going to do it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

What I mean about covering for Christine was that they could have just never aired a lot of her Cody flirting. They could have just not acknowledged it, the same way they largely ignored Paulie's misogyny. They made it a point of her edit to show her being all over Cody. It was a huge part of the narrative they constructed around her. Even Zingbot brought it up, didn't he? This is completely different from how they treated Paulie. They went out of their way to create an edit that avoided his worst behavior. And this isn't even normal for reality shows. Plenty of shows relish having horrible people on them to be villains, but they absolutely refused to give him a villain edit, and instead gave him a dopey, sympathetic edit. They could have edited him as being way more villainous and still ignored his worst behavior, but they opt to not even do that. I mean poo poo, compare the Paulie edit to a Russle Hantz edit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They ignored the Christine/Cody stuff for a long time. They only really brought it on TV once her husband started freaking out about it online and social media started to really get upset about it. Plus to a certain extent it was the only thing Christine was doing in the game. She openly claimed it was her game to flirt with Cody and she didn't have any other game besides backstabbing the hell out of Nicole. When you're saying "this is my game" you're almost asking BB to talk about it. They actually covered a lot of poo poo up with Christine, especially all the poo poo talking she did with Frankie. Amazingly they could have made her look much, much worse.

Seriously, find me a BB villain they haven't protected. I can't name one. Willie Hantz, maybe? This is what they do. I'm not defending them. I wish Paulie had been shown for the rear end in a top hat he's been just like I wish Nicole, Corey, Z, Day, Paul, and Victor were. But BB doesn't do that and its not unique to Paulie.

They showed the big thing that directly affected the game and caused an online uproar and then softened the blow. Which is what BB does 99% of the time. It sucks, but that's this show's long established MO, even with the "outliers" like Christine, Aaryn, and Amanda.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I find it hilarious that they used tight camera shots to edit Paulie out of the Carnival

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I thought the carnival and Ziggy concert happened days ago. Did it just leak days ago and it was actually recorded last night without Paulie in the house? Did they, like, greenscreen him out somehow? This is bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I thought the carnival and Ziggy concert happened days ago. Did it just leak days ago and it was actually recorded last night without Paulie in the house? Did they, like, greenscreen him out somehow? This is bizarre.

They edited Paulie out.

• Locked thread