Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

:confused:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Three-Phase posted:

What would you take?

marijuana seeds

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

a hole-y ghost posted:

:haw:

Did you get to blow stuff up/see stuff get blown up or just make the stuff?

I just made the chemicals

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
OP, since, from what I understand, there are underlying neurological/brain structural differences between transsexual and cisgendered people, (assuming these are the cause of the gender and body dysmorphia thing), if such hypothetical treatments existed would you choose:
  • A series of surgical procedures that would result in you looking indistinguishable from a biological female
  • A treatment that would restructure your brain such that you no longer experiences body dysmorphia
assuming you can pick only one?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

The former. My brain owns and I wouldn't want to risk the complications of brain stuff

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

OP, since, from what I understand, there are underlying neurological/brain structural differences between transsexual and cisgendered people, (assuming these are the cause of the gender and body dysmorphia thing), if such hypothetical treatments existed would you choose:
  • A series of surgical procedures that would result in you looking indistinguishable from a biological female
  • A treatment that would restructure your brain such that you no longer experiences body dysmorphia
assuming you can pick only one?

this question is "would you change your outer appearance to better reflect who you are, or would you change who you are?"

to clarify

and i'd prolly do the former too and I'm not even trans. the latter just sounds bad.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tonetta posted:

Also a gay

I'm not a black though which is the other thing gibbis hates, so let's just stick to the gay tran questions

gently caress you and the high horse you rode in on

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Well, I wouldn't say it's quite so simple, since "who you are" is both body and brain, but yeah, I guess in a sense.

Also, I guess I didn't have to specify "pick only one" because, duh, if you pick both you're kinda back in the same situation you are now.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i would choose the option that lets me go into a robot body and live for 2000 years

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
what's the deal with peanuts on a airplane?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

4outof5 posted:

peanuts is a comic created by Charles Schultz
don't remember them ever being on an airplane

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

4outof5 posted:

Cheap food that is not only lightweight to save on fuel, but also something that is fairly popular.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like it's all pretzels now

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it's the drat peanut allergy weaklings

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Celluloid Sam posted:

it's the drat peanut allergy weaklings

yeah i think that's prolly what it is bc a couple years ago I would do like 12-20 flights a year and I can't remember seeing any peanuts at all

maybe United and Lufthansa just hate peanuts or something

e: well United at least has no peanuts cuz allergies

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/specialneeds/needs/peanut-allergies.aspx

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how are peanuts going to kill you through the air ffs come on i liked those salty nuts in my mouth after a stiff drink

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
OP do you ever feel pressure to improve the public perception of trans people by maybe not being such a huge creepy gross weirdo?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tonetta posted:

I just made the chemicals
Aw :(

You're still cool... I guess.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
who is faster Mario or Sonic?

There is a wrong answer to this question

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

who is faster Mario or Sonic?

There is a wrong answer to this question

putty, no one cares. please shut up

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

shes eating with a f*cking fork!!! oh my god!!!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Insect Court posted:

OP do you ever feel pressure to improve the public perception of trans people by maybe not being such a huge creepy gross weirdo?

op has actually been really forthcoming about everything if you really feel the need to hate on someone because they are transgendered please focus on the kookoo bananas dragon

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

s0m3 guy posted:

shes eating with a f*cking fork!!! oh my god!!!!
are you seriously suggesting that she appropriate the culture of the noble nihonjin by using chop sticks :rolleyes:

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Celluloid Sam posted:

op has actually been really forthcoming about everything if you really feel the need to hate on someone because they are transgendered please focus on the kookoo bananas dragon

But shouldn't they hate me for being a kookoo bananas dragon? Or even more correctly, perhaps not for being insane, but for being so unrepentant about it, letting the insanity dictate my actions, and just being of bad character in regards to the concrete facts of my life in general, which are themselves inert and blameless?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Insect Court posted:

GBS

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

DrowningInDreams posted:

But shouldn't they hate me for being a kookoo bananas dragon? Or even more correctly, perhaps not for being insane, but for being so unrepentant about it, letting the insanity dictate my actions, and just being of bad character in regards to the concrete facts of my life in general, which are themselves inert and blameless?

I think Sam's point was more "since you're probably going to irrationally hate on trans people no matter what, can you at least focus on the people who also have bad personalities in addition?"

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I think Sam's point was more "since you're probably going to irrationally hate on trans people no matter what, can you at least focus on the people who also have bad personalities in addition?"

Do you think I should do my own AMA? How would I phrase it? Ask me things about being cancer?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DrowningInDreams posted:

Do you think I should do my own AMA? How would I phrase it? Ask me things about being cancer?

I have cancer and hate transexuals
AMA

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I have cancer and hate transexuals
AMA

Is it terminal?

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
OP probably can't answer this but gently caress it:
Why do the MtFs i encounter in person and see on the news all look like gross men in drag? Adam's apples and stubble hopeless grotesqueness on guys in dresses saying "I'm a woman" in gruff man voices or comical falsetto. They're idea of just what is a women seems informed by far side cartoons and old sitcoms.
If I could be an attractive woman by magic or nanomachines or whatever I'd go for that, that would be amazing, but current medical technology turns men into repellent parodies of women. And women generally into tiny weedy not-men.
I have a MtF cousin and soemtimes talk to another transisionting person. I feel pity for them, they want to be female, for reasons I can understand, but they can't really be girls. They're altered men and it's obvious.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

DrowningInDreams posted:

Oh don't get me wrong. I don't think you're cancer. You're no more obnoxious than half the people in this thread. I was just trying to clarify what it seemed like Sam was saying.

Also yes please do your own AMA.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

DrowningInDreams posted:

your time would be better spent doing your wizard homework so you can pay for that surgery

or a degree that pays

them priorities of yours are more outside the norm than anything else

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Oh don't get me wrong. I don't think you're cancer. You're no more obnoxious than half the people in this thread. I was just trying to clarify what it seemed like Sam was saying.

Also yes please do your own AMA.

Alright, I'll launch it as soon as I've finished my daily reading, which should mean an hour or so from now. Thanks.

Robot Pride posted:

your time would be better spent doing your wizard homework so you can pay for that surgery

or a degree that pays

them priorities of yours are more outside the norm than anything else

I honestly don't care about magick, which is largely ridiculous to me, except that I study it because it's all relevant in a roundabout way to my daemon who I believe in very firmly. And I am working on a degree that pays, only school doesn't start up again until this monday. But thanks for your concern.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

DrowningInDreams posted:

Is it terminal?

gently caress you

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Millions of Crows posted:

Why do the MtFs i encounter in person and see on the news all look like gross men in drag? Adam's apples and stubble hopeless grotesqueness on guys in dresses saying "I'm a woman" in gruff man voices or comical falsetto. They're idea of just what is a women seems informed by far side cartoons and old sitcoms.
If I could be an attractive woman by magic or nanomachines or whatever I'd go for that, that would be amazing, but current medical technology turns men into repellent parodies of women. And women generally into tiny weedy not-men.
I have a MtF cousin and soemtimes talk to another transisionting person. I feel pity for them, they want to be female, for reasons I can understand, but they can't really be girls. They're altered men and it's obvious.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

this is how i see most trans as well because there is only a very small percentage that seem to really pull off the transition due to favorable genetics and money but most seem to get caught in between like if two busses were driving down the road next to each other. one girls and one boys and most that make the leap over the gap miss the jump and end up dead on the road instead of being in either set and now you don't get the club benefits of either group for good or bad and you're in some kind of limbo

this is probably a terribly offensive metaphor but i'm an idiot

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

That's like asking "why don't I ever hear any silent crows" :confused:

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

this is like the biggest outlier. it doesn't turn out so well for everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
^Representative of 0.05% of MtFs.

• Locked thread