Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
who was the furry guy that was obsessed with yoshi? he would always post in read-aloud threads and eventually someone found some... pictures. lots of stuffed animals. DjYoshi1984 or somethin. i dont really remember

also whatever happened to horsey

and who was that guy that would post a giant wall of text every like 4 months or so?? i think it was like creative writing or part of his insane manifesto or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

who was the furry guy that was obsessed with yoshi? he would always post in read-aloud threads and eventually someone found some... pictures. lots of stuffed animals. DjYoshi1984 or somethin. i dont really remember

also whatever happened to horsey

and who was that guy that would post a giant wall of text every like 4 months or so?? i think it was like creative writing or part of his insane manifesto or something

djynn flyssa

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

The safe was my favourite thread of all time.

Sometimes I still think and worry about that (German?) woman who cut herself so badly that you could see to the bone, and she'd post pics of her body online. IIRC GBS touched the poop and managed to actually get her help?

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
I personally loved the Forkin' thread. Forklifts have never been more boss.

Also TSM, he used to make my younger brain happy.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Jastiger posted:

Probably mentioned already, but what about that motel goon? He had all these stories working at a lovely hotel with a Mr. Comstock who had modified the bed to have a dildo in it or the quadrapalegic woman who shat herself. Was probably a throw away story but it stuck with me as distinctly goons.

JoeyVapes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2393

rangi
May 25, 2006

Girl , you thought he was man , but he was a MUFFIN
What was the thread about the pimp living downstairs from a goon with the wacky misadventures? I remember it ending with the pimp finding out about the forums from some third party.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Did he register and start pimp posting?

rangi
May 25, 2006

Girl , you thought he was man , but he was a MUFFIN
Nah , he just told the OP to 'knock that poo poo off' and the thread died with a thousand screams of "poo poo ENDING", "loving BULLSHIT" and so forth.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
mike.jpg

what ever happened to EDGECRUSHER?

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer
There was a thread back around 2004 or so that was basically a step by step instructional guide on how to make a still and brew your own dorm room moonshine for $100. The OP was pretty honest about the fact that it tasted like "the tears of unfathomable suffering from an orphan child".

Some of my friends built one of their own off that threads instructions and the descriptor wasn't far off from the resulting product. A little generous really.

While not as famous as Zybourne Clock, there was also the incredibly terrible RPG "The Demon Rush" which had been posted here by its creator in 2008. The guy was charging $20 for it and it was a disaster in every department from graphics, gameplay, music, etc. The thread turned into a mock thread pretty quickly and later there was an LP of the game so that people could experience all of its terribleness without spending any money on it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I enjoyed when forums poster 'this sucks' became obsessed with a co-worker.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3465034&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I remember a thread where some dude who, I think, worked IT in some semi-remote location off of a dirt road (alone) observed a guy showing up every day just to take a leak in the parking lot, and then he would leave. No thread resolution :(

Also, I'd really love a link to the thread about the amusement park IT guy who 'quit his job in the most fantastic way'.

I won't spoil it, since it was really incredible.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Whatever happened to Ulillillia?

Looks like he didn't do any videos in a while. First he got angry at Youtube, but then again there isn't much on his daily motion channel.

I hope he's fine. He was always my favorite weirdo.

edit: His homepage wasn't updated in over a year, his patreon has disappeared and there hasn't been a tweet in two years.

Ibogaine has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Aug 20, 2016

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

floor is lava posted:

The time yospos gained control of a botnet and had it display an image of Bill Cosby while taking a screen shot.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2990867
Image archive: :nws: https://rufoa.com/sa/yospos/cozpop/ :nws:

The time some dude who worked on the official bitcoin forum left a backdoor so that he could do this:
http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/tag/bill-cosby/

Is this the origin of the cos-pop or was it around before that?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Does anyone still have the image of what looked like a charcoal sketch of Will Ferrell, lying on the floor, naked, covered with a bunch of cats?

It used to be posted a bunch on here over a decade ago.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ibogaine posted:

Whatever happened to Ulillillia?

Looks like he didn't do any videos in a while. First he got angry at Youtube, but then again there isn't much on his daily motion channel.

I hope he's fine. He was always my favorite weirdo.

edit: His homepage wasn't updated in over a year, his patreon has disappeared and there hasn't been a tweet in two years.

He's doing great actually! He moved back to Minot with his parents which wasn't exactly what he wanted to do, but probably is for the best. And many of his various Facebook friends have been planning trips for him to get out of South Dakota and see the world. On a recent trip, he went to Florida and wrote this big long excited overly detailed post in true Ulillillia form talking about all the new things he experienced.

He describes finally getting to swim in deep water, then going home and crying into his pillow for hours after realizing that he has basically been wasting his life in front of computer and television screens. It was sad but also really sweet.

If you want to keep up with him you have to be his Facebook friend, and he has really strict rules about cursing and adult content and stuff, lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

timp posted:

He's doing great actually! He moved back to Minot with his parents which wasn't exactly what he wanted to do, but probably is for the best. And many of his various Facebook friends have been planning trips for him to get out of South Dakota and see the world. On a recent trip, he went to Florida and wrote this big long excited overly detailed post in true Ulillillia form talking about all the new things he experienced.

He describes finally getting to swim in deep water, then going home and crying into his pillow for hours after realizing that he has basically been wasting his life in front of computer and television screens. It was sad but also really sweet.

If you want to keep up with him you have to be his Facebook friend, and he has really strict rules about cursing and adult content and stuff, lol

This is genuinely heartwarming to hear :unsmith:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Bob Quixote posted:

There was a thread back around 2004 or so that was basically a step by step instructional guide on how to make a still and brew your own dorm room moonshine for $100. The OP was pretty honest about the fact that it tasted like "the tears of unfathomable suffering from an orphan child".

Some of my friends built one of their own off that threads instructions and the descriptor wasn't far off from the resulting product. A little generous really.

While not as famous as Zybourne Clock, there was also the incredibly terrible RPG "The Demon Rush" which had been posted here by its creator in 2008. The guy was charging $20 for it and it was a disaster in every department from graphics, gameplay, music, etc. The thread turned into a mock thread pretty quickly and later there was an LP of the game so that people could experience all of its terribleness without spending any money on it.

was this the game where 90% of the game's size was language packs

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

one time uli commented on a picture I posted on Facebook and was like you have a wonderful smile I bet it lights up the room and that was so nice of him

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

there it is

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Celluloid Sam posted:

one time uli commented on a picture I posted on Facebook and was like you have a wonderful smile I bet it lights up the room and that was so nice of him

lol u got hit on by ulillillia

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

timp posted:

This is great to hear.

To be honest, I never had a facebook account, but just to keep up to date with him, especially when he seems to be doing so well, might be worth it. :)

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I remember a thread where some dude who, I think, worked IT in some semi-remote location off of a dirt road (alone) observed a guy showing up every day just to take a leak in the parking lot, and then he would leave. No thread resolution :(

Also, I'd really love a link to the thread about the amusement park IT guy who 'quit his job in the most fantastic way'.

I won't spoil it, since it was really incredible.

Post a link or spoil it please.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Ibogaine posted:

This is great to hear.

To be honest, I never had a facebook account, but just to keep up to date with him, especially when he seems to be doing so well, might be worth it. :)

It's actually kinda :smith: because he was the living parable of the frog in the well, but now that he's seen and experienced the world and has gotten over his fears he's super depressed that he's stuck living with his parents or what ever in Minot. He can't hold down a job due to his OCD and sleep pattern problems but wants nothing more than to move away from his family to the coast so he can swim and stargaze.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

XK posted:

Does anyone still have the image of what looked like a charcoal sketch of Will Ferrell, lying on the floor, naked, covered with a bunch of cats?

It used to be posted a bunch on here over a decade ago.

Seriously, does nobody remember or have this thing anymore?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

White Noise Marine posted:

Post a link or spoil it please.

Ok, fine.

It was a VERY long and involved backstory about how this IT guy was under appreciated and under valued, he hated his boss, so he was going to take measures to help out a competitor. He had this whole plan worked out, and then the last sentence was something like "... but then the embryos that I had hid inside the barbasol can fell out, and I was eaten by a dilophosaurus.

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hogge Wild posted:

was this the game where 90% of the game's size was language packs

I think so? I do remember it apparently had a huge file size and ran like poo poo despite its garbage level ms-paint sprite tier graphics.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Ok, fine.

It was a VERY long and involved backstory about how this IT guy was under appreciated and under valued, he hated his boss, so he was going to take measures to help out a competitor. He had this whole plan worked out, and then the last sentence was something like "... but then the embryos that I had hid inside the barbasol can fell out, and I was eaten by a dilophosaurus.

Thanks buddy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ok, fine.

That was amazing.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Bob Quixote posted:

I don't remember that onMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Oh, wait. Brooks Cracktackle. Right.

timp posted:

This genuinely crushed me, in a good way. Good for him.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Human posted:

Thanks for the reminder! I found the thread, but it needs archives, so I guess I'm SOL for now. I'd thought it was goldmined.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513425&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

this thread and that site in general are making me laugh so hard that my kidneys are starting to hurt

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012
Did anyone say :hb:?
Cause that mspaint series is a saga for the ages :hb:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

timp posted:

holy ffffffffffffff this is so sad :(

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Nick's working on getting off that dumb sleep cycle of his so he can try to get a real job, he's got a trip to see mountains in a few days, and he's got vague plans to move out with friends. I hope they actually come to pass, because he's going to have a breakdown if he has to stay in Minot.

His crazy sister actually seems way worse off than he is right now.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

kazr posted:

holy ffffffffffffff this is so sad :(

Its actually wonderful. He has finally started to grow into a whole person. Growing always hurts, but in the end its worth it, especially the growing he is doing. Someone needs to take him snorkeling or something like that.

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Martinpale posted:

I don't remember that onMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Oh, wait. Brooks Cracktackle. Right.

I think the main girl protagonist was called Cherry Venus.

There was a different game made by another goon that was actually pretty fun though, a Final Fantasy style thing that he'd cooked up on some version of RPGMaker called "Last Scenario". It played like a real game of its type/era rather than an ultra-laggy piece of poo poo and the story for it was a decent reversal of typical fantasy plots (the protagonist kid who is told that he is descended from the legendary hero turns out to be kind of a loser and the hero origin is just a lie cooked up as propaganda to launch an unprovoked war against an enemy nation).

There was an optional dungeon somewhere and one of the enemies you could encounter in it was a large version of the :rolleyes: emoticon that was worth a ton of XP if you killed it.

jimmsta
Oct 24, 2004

Shedding bell-end tears in the pocket of her resistance.
Grimey Drawer
All last night, I read through the entirety of this thread and then the Segakiller/Atarikiller/Son of Atarikiller thread in its entirety. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I managed to see one of my own posts from 10yrs ago, commending Pimpsolo on his accomplishment. Good times.

I miss the 'true' ghost story threads in GBS. There were quite a few epic tales, I think Humper-Monkey had one of the longest ones, dealing with living in a german base that seemed to be haunted and strange poo poo going on there during the winter. I don't recall the whole story, but would be happy as hell to re-live it, if anyone knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

jimmsta posted:

All last night, I read through the entirety of this thread and then the Segakiller/Atarikiller/Son of Atarikiller thread in its entirety. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I managed to see one of my own posts from 10yrs ago, commending Pimpsolo on his accomplishment. Good times.

I miss the 'true' ghost story threads in GBS. There were quite a few epic tales, I think Humper-Monkey had one of the longest ones, dealing with living in a german base that seemed to be haunted and strange poo poo going on there during the winter. I don't recall the whole story, but would be happy as hell to re-live it, if anyone knows exactly what I'm talking about.

http://nothotbutspicy.com/para/

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

XK posted:

Seriously, does nobody remember or have this thing anymore?

I'm presuming it's this one. :nws:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

what happened to his sister? I'm FB friends with nick and it's great to see how he's becoming a real person, and it's super weird when he comments on your personal pictures.