Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Leperflesh posted:

Amusing draft. Sorry for yelling at you guys about being bad at IDP (but some of you made some bizarre draft choices there).

I don't know about others but the draft froze on me twice during my nominations and auto-picked someone for me, and one of those was some IDP guy it put up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, after I climbed up your butt about your random IDP pick I saw that that had happened.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Honestly with only one IDP slot, it really doesn't matter much since there's plenty available on the waiver wire. But yeah, I had a couple random autopicks too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are piles of tight ends on the waivers, too, and yet, it's worth paying a premium for Gronk. And paying more than a dollar for a handful of other TEs. Top level IDP players occupy a similar sort of distribution.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

While he was posting that about Dion Lewis in another thread I was picking up James White.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

While he was posting that about Dion Lewis in another thread I was picking up James White.

Hmm, is it just open add/drop? Thought it was going to waivers. Anyway, no big deal to me, I don't own Dion, but would've been nice to know FAs were open to add. Guess I should've checked league settings, hah.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Uhhh yeah, totally open waivers? Probably worth announcing!

(Totally open waivers are always bad, there should always be a waiver period, or else it's just whoever is fastest on the trigger from learning news wins, which sucks)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Uhhh yeah, totally open waivers? Probably worth announcing!

(Totally open waivers are always bad, there should always be a waiver period, or else it's just whoever is fastest on the trigger from learning news wins, which sucks)

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3332748/settings

quote:

Waiver Period 1 day
Waiver Type Resets to Inverse Standings Order
Post Draft Players Free Agents
Free Agent Lock Type Yes (player locks at game time)

Unchanged from last year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, my fault there for not checking. Fair enough.

I have a lot of opinions about fantasy football, let me tell them to you

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
I get the feeling that my team is going to not win this year. But I will try. Getting some of the people I did as cheap as I did was a bonus !!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The phone ap just loads five hundred copies of itself

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

The phone ap just loads five hundred copies of itself

Does it on my android phone, but if you swipe it away from the recent apps list and then re-open, seems to work. But yeah, in general it's a huge piece of poo poo of an app.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

Does it on my android phone, but if you swipe it away from the recent apps list and then re-open, seems to work. But yeah, in general it's a huge piece of poo poo of an app.

Billions of dollars and I'm pretty sure children can make a better app

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Roger Goodell needs to order some pizzas, but not let anyone eat them and figure this out.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Romo couldn't even make it to game 1 before suffering a massive back injury what the hell

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Did anyone draft him?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boon posted:

Did anyone draft him?

I drafted him for the four weeks Brady is suspended figuring he might last that long

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

evilweasel posted:

I drafted him for the four weeks Brady is suspended figuring he might last that long

Oops. Least you can have RG3sus filling in admirably.

TheKman
Jan 3, 2010
So atleast I was able to pick a couple players, I went to take my phone out for the draft and my wife gave me that "put your phone away" look and then she just took my phone anyways lol. I'm blaming her that my lineup sucks.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TheKman posted:

So atleast I was able to pick a couple players, I went to take my phone out for the draft and my wife gave me that "put your phone away" look and then she just took my phone anyways lol. I'm blaming her that my lineup sucks.

...were you in a restaurant or something or did you just use up your 30 minute screen allotment on school nights?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

evilweasel posted:

...were you in a restaurant or something or did you just use up your 30 minute screen allotment on school nights?

TheKman posted:

So draft day will be interesting, considering i'll be right in the middle of a wedding that day. Hopefully my wife doesn't see me on my phone while she stands up there, i'm going to ninja my bluetooth headphones too lol.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So I'm not feeling super confident about my team. Anyone else?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

So I'm not feeling super confident about my team. Anyone else?

I think there are enough teams and roster spots that no one is super happy with their depth. I like my bench WR fliers, but RB depth is nonexistent.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I'm pretty sure of the 4 drafts I've done so far this year, this one is my least favorite. Hopefully Jamaal gets back to healthy real soon...

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The season begins... don't forget to post this calendar week: there's a Thursday game.

Good luck!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Hope to see you again at the end of the year, chem :)

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I'm glad we got our NFL.com draft done before Justin Forsett exploded their website

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm actually gonna miss the first week of football, due to travel, which is really annoying. I've got my lineup in anyway, but... ouch, watching the first games of the regular season is usually where I start to identify all the good waiver wire prospects for later when half my team gets injured or suspended or both.

That said, I will have internet access so if someone feels the need, go ahead and tender trade offers and I'll respond to them within a day or two.

I'm open to offers for any player at any time, so don't be shy: the worst I can do is laugh in your face and post your trade offer for everyone else to laugh at say no, right?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Oh, right, this is the league where I planned to have Jamaal Charles and Thomas Rawls be my starting RBs. That sounded like a better idea a few weeks ago.

Auction drafts are fun, but man, I am not good at them. I definitely need to practice and plan more for next year.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

looking forward to starting the season off right by trouncing pmchem

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Please do hit me up for trades as well. Juliopeno Poppers looking to start wheeling and dealing.

aegisalpha
Mar 18, 2003

I'm waiting until week 2 to get a better idea of who is worth a drat before I start messing with trades and the waiver wire too much

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Am I really starting Antonio Brown AND Todd Gurley? Brandon Marshall AND Jordan Reed? I really like my team.

This definitely won't end in tears and catastrophic injury.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
I'm waiting for some 0-2 teams to appear before I start making my customary lovely trade offers. I just hope I'm not one of those teams. :pray:

dabigredboat
Aug 9, 2008
So it is the start of the big season. My team already showing it has no chance of winning. Last year I still did okay, wonder what the over/under is on me doing okay this year!

I am not losing to pmchem again!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I just sent out several offers trying to move Chris Ivory and James White. Amazingly, I have too many useful RBs. I'm looking to downsize them and trade 2 for 1. I could also do a 3-for-2 where the additional players are non-RBs that retain my roster balance, if that would work better. It's hard to balance these offers and some were closer than others, but I was just trying to send out mass offers.

NFL.com only lets you have 5 active offers at a time so I had to cancel some, in order to send others. Please consider the email offer still of interest until I move those guys. If you liked it, just send me the offer. Thanks!

edit: I may also consider a 2-for-1 involving ((Ivory or White) and Markus Wheaton), for your RB.

pmchem fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 8, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

God damnit Parker

TheKman
Jan 3, 2010
To another season of sucking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I took over a team mid-season last year that didn't have a single win. I kept no keepers and drafted straight up. Dixon is dead.

If I go .500 I'll be thrilled.

• Locked thread