Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bend posted:

Don't know if this blokes video's have made into the AI watchlist yet but what I've seen so far is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKHVXc-S5o8

HAHAHAHA I know Mr Pearson, he's one cool bloke. Also he can seriously drive, thtat Civic is lethally fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A lot of Audi and VW love recently. Do we need to update the chart?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Geirskogul posted:

A lot of Audi and VW love recently. Do we need to update the chart?

:ohdear: I didn't know my cars were a hydration problem!

bend
Dec 31, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

HAHAHAHA I know Mr Pearson, he's one cool bloke. Also he can seriously drive, thtat Civic is lethally fast

I've heard the name somewhere before I saw this but I can't think of where, I want to say in an old copy of Race magazine or something like that.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

So do scrappers still come to collect partial cars in the UK? Because the parts I want to take of the old car as spares for the new include major interior and axle-shaped components.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bend posted:

I've heard the name somewhere before I saw this but I can't think of where, I want to say in an old copy of Race magazine or something like that.

Likely - He's been around for decades.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I can't believe I waited this long to learn how to recharge my AC. It was super easy with Motronic's guide.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Cakefool posted:

So do scrappers still come to collect partial cars in the UK? Because the parts I want to take of the old car as spares for the new include major interior and axle-shaped components.

I don't see why they wouldn't if you tell them beforehand. We got a shell with no axles, engine or transmission in the usual places, but some inside the car lifted a while back.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

As long as you tell them up front it is part stripped and if it can be dragged or needs a HIAB they will.

I've used these guys for the last couple i've got rid of - http://www.staffordshirescrapvehicles.co.uk/ and they turned up when they were supposed to and were professionals rather than pikeys. Both cars were in various stages of strippage and were either wholly or partially suspensionless

(does it have a sunroof? ;) )

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So I have a bunch of cardboard cut up and sitting in our spare room, along with a few boxes that still need cut up due to our recycling bin being loving tiny.

Cleaning in the kitchen, hear a loud crash.

Look at these smug fucks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

iwentdoodie posted:

So I have a bunch of cardboard cut up and sitting in our spare room, along with a few boxes that still need cut up due to our recycling bin being loving tiny.

Cleaning in the kitchen, hear a loud crash.

Look at these smug fucks.

We just adopted another smug gently caress from the shelter, older cat.

Poor guy came home with a really bad Upper Respiratory Infection, I don't know how the gently caress the vet missed it. Our shelter is pitiful.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

(does it have a sunroof? ;) )

Thanks, I'll try them. No sunroof, but if there's anything else a questionable fiat people carrier can offer I'll happily cut it off for you.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I got a free bottle of ice tea with lemon from the grocery store (new product free sample thing). I check the label, 0 calories, so not jacked full of sweetener or anything, so cool. I open it up and take a big swig... What the gently caress.. it's carbonated? Who the gently caress carbonates iced tea? What a stupid idea... blech...

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Eh you'd be surprised. My brother who hoes to the gym everyday and my ex drink all of those carbonated waters because it reminds them if soda only not poo poo unhealthy for them.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

Yep, as mentioned, tell them ahead if time they're only getting a stripped shell and will need a hiab, and don't expect much/any money from them for it.

Regarding the No Man's Sky chat, the game looks like something I'd really enjoy, but the very consistent reports of it being utterly hosed in terms of functioning properly means I'm not touching it until it's bargain bin territory.
https://youtu.be/RvAwB7ogkik

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stuffing Fiberglass matting into an exhaust pipe is now my new least favorite thing to do in the world.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

The Locator posted:

So I got a free bottle of ice tea with lemon from the grocery store (new product free sample thing). I check the label, 0 calories, so not jacked full of sweetener or anything, so cool. I open it up and take a big swig... What the gently caress.. it's carbonated? Who the gently caress carbonates iced tea? What a stupid idea... blech...

That sounds pretty tasty, personally.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

The Locator posted:

That is an abomination unto the Lord.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

lolled

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Eh you'd be surprised. My brother who hoes to the gym everyday and my ex drink all of those carbonated waters because it reminds them if soda only not poo poo unhealthy for them.

Why can't some people just drink regular water. I'm astonished at people I know that refuse to drink plain water because it's "gross" or whatever silly reason they come up with. No flavor? Hell no, I'm gonna squirt this blue poo poo in it that probably causes cancer!

But yeah carbonating iced tea is just wrong.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

leica posted:

Why can't some people just drink regular water. I'm astonished at people I know that refuse to drink plain water because it's "gross" or whatever silly reason they come up with. No flavor? Hell no, I'm gonna squirt this blue poo poo in it that probably causes cancer!

I drink almost exclusively water, but I will have an iced tea with food when I'm at a restaurant. I'd never purchase bottled tea, but this was free, so what the hell. If it was just tasty iced tea with lemon and was sort of fizzy, I'd probably be ok with it (but still weird and wouldn't buy it), but it was really super soda-water bitter tasting.. . just.. bleh.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

leica posted:

My city's tap water is actually pretty amazing. A few years ago it was almost sold as bottled water. I prefer it to most bottled waters too.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I do drink quite a bit of Pepsi Max, but usually get through a gallon or so of water while I'm at work.

Don't understand the appeal of carbonated water though. Plain tap water is fine for me as long as it's reasonably cold.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

I drink probably 2 gallons of plain water a day. But sometimes I want to have some sort of flavor that isn't what the filter tastes like, so I use some mio.

And honestly most public water probably causes cancer, too. Ours straight out of the tap is loving horrible, even filtered through the fridge or a Brita it tastes odd. I can handle it but my wife refuses.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Carbonated water is pretty great, I have it with food a lot when I go out. I drink a lot of regular-rear end tap water and work has filtered machines everywhere.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Fuckkkkkk. Pork butt has been stalled between 140 and 150 since 330. Just now hit 151.

This poo poo needs to hurry the gently caress up.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

iwentdoodie posted:

Fuckkkkkk. Pork butt has been stalled between 140 and 150 since 330. Just now hit 151.

This poo poo needs to hurry the gently caress up.

That just means the collagen's being transmogrified into gelatin, give it time

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Heh.

Butt.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

That just means the collagen's being transmogrified into gelatin, give it time

I know. But I'm hungry.

I hate doing the crutch when I smoke (foil wrap) but a few years ago I had a brisket stall at 168 for six loving hours.

Good BBQ is a cruel mistress. You're at the whim of a hunk of loving muscle.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I drink probably 2 gallons of plain water a day. But sometimes I want to have some sort of flavor that isn't what the filter tastes like, so I use some mio.

And honestly most public water probably causes cancer, too. Ours straight out of the tap is loving horrible, even filtered through the fridge or a Brita it tastes odd. I can handle it but my wife refuses.

I've definitely had lovely tap water before, but ours is good just filtered through the fridge filter and I drink lots of it. I'd love to get a reverse osmosis system, they are getting way more affordable now.

Also iced green tea (unsweetened) is tasty and good for you too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We stopped at a huge outlet mall today and I really wanted a water but the vending machines were sold out. I'd already put my cash in and it wouldn't spit it back out so I bought a Poweraid. Good lord was it nasty.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Beating myself up pretty hard right now. Thought I was finished with wifemobile shopping when I found a mint first-gen RDX with 35k miles for $15,5. The dealer was in another state and we learned that I would have to pay their sales tax (I live in no-sales tax state) unless I shipped it up. Took 30 minutes evaluating whether it was worth the extra 1k to buy and ship the car sight unseen - annnnnnnnnnnnnd it sold.

I remember this feeling of fear and uncertainty coming over me when I bought my Saabaru sight unseen and even when I bought my Miata in person. Car shopping is stressful.

It was probably idealistic to think the RDX would've carried both dog and baby crap, although it did already have an aftermarket rack on it that would've accommodated a box.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

blk posted:

Car shopping is stressful.
Cars are the second biggest purchase most people will ever make. If its not stressful you dont care enough.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
What state blk? Cali shouldn't require you to do that.

Edit

There's a 325iT 5 speed that just popped up on pdx craigslist

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 22, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anyone else here have issues with their feet blistering if you walk long distances?

We spent the weekend in Chicago and according to the girlfriend's Fitbit we averaged 20,000 steps per day. My pinky toes both have huge blisters on them and i have one larger than a quarter on the pad of my right foot, just behind the toes. I never had any issues as a kid but the last 4 or 5 years this happens almost every time I go to the city and walk too much. I have really comfy shoes paired with the top tier Dr Scholl's inserts so I'm wondering if maybe I need a size wider or something.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
What about socks? Are you wearing thin socks?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

What about socks? Are you wearing thin socks?

I usually wear common athletic socks while walking. The same kind I wear when exercising usually.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Yeah, it sounds like you need better fitting shoes. I orefer hiking boots for longer urban walking with good insoles (I use superfeet).
Keeping your feet dry also helps. Breathable shoes (my boots are summer boots with lots of mesh) and wicking socks nake a huge diffference. 100% cotton socks are the loving worst as they just get soaked. Change socks midway through the day if you have to.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

iwentdoodie posted:

I know. But I'm hungry.

I hate doing the crutch when I smoke (foil wrap) but a few years ago I had a brisket stall at 168 for six loving hours.

Good BBQ is a cruel mistress. You're at the whim of a hunk of loving muscle.

I'm okay with the crutch. Pork butt is an easy piece of meat too. Foil it and stick it in the oven at 275 and all those delightful flavors will be there for your taste buds.

Smoked 8 pounds of ribs yesterday and they were achingly perfect. Did a modified 3-2-1 method. More like 3-1.75-.5. Tender, moist, and the smoke ring nearly went through the whole meat. With about ten good smokes on the traeger the seasoning is really coming in to its own. It's using less fuel, holding temps better and meat has been reaching temps nicely too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I spent my birthday running another 180' of pasture fencing, this time for a goat paddock. Goats, man.

• Locked thread