Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I know this would be more of an off-season thread, but I didn't want to forget this. I know every year in TFF there's a 'rank your draft' thread and one for looking back at the draft from three years ago, but I thought of an interesting spin: rank the picks your team made in the first round over a period of ten years. As with the retrospective draft grade thread, we only go as far ahead as 2013, since it takes a good three years to make definitive grades on players (which is why I won't judge Clowney until after the season is over).

1. J.J. Watt (2011) - Obviously. Not only the face of the franchise, but one of the faces of the NFL.
2. DeAndre Hopkins (2013) - Out standout WR, poised to do big things.
3. Mario Williams (2006) - Despite all the hate when he was drafted, proved himself to be a great pro player.
4. Brian Cushing (2009) - Maybe it's the steroids, but he's a nice piece to have.
5. Kareem Jackson (2010) - He and JoJo are highly underrated.
6. Duane Brown (2008) - Whenever he's not injured, he's fine.
7. Whitney Mercilus (2012) - Eh, he's OK.
8. Dunta Robinson (2004) - Good for a little while, then he sucked.
9. Jason Babin (2004) - Hindsight says we overpaid Tennessee for a player who did nothing for us.
10. Travis Johnson (2005) - Who?
11. Amobi Okoye (2007) - Bust and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

1. Cam Newton (2011) one of the faces of the NFL, reigning MVP, does not like italian soccer
2. Luke Kuechly (2012) wasn't a need when drafted, now is one of the best players in the NFL regardless of position. Has a hall of fame argument if he retired right now
3. Thomas Davis (2005) early career derailed by injuries, somehow gets better every year. One of the NFL's elder statesmen.
4. Jonathan Stewart (2008) wrecking ball when healthy, probably more naturally talented than DWill
5. Star Lotululei (2014) real good at being large in the middle. Overshadowed because the guy taken in the next round might be more important than him. Helps free up luke to be a god.
6. Jon Beason (2007) god he could have been so good. Too little to survive, sadly.
7. DeAngelo Williams (2006) lower because of how he got fat and lazy, acted like he ran the team, and bitched about Carolina after he was cut.
8. Chris Gamble (2004) solid corner, got overpaid during the Hurney raining dollars years, never really took "that step"
9. Jeff Otah (2008) played one year of football, was really good at it, then decided he didn't like football anymore. Hurney traded the 2009 first for him, which basically began the Panthers long slide of cap hell, missing draft picks, and eventually his own demise.

I think 5-8 are basically interchangeable depending on how you value the pick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AJ Green (2011)
Johnathan Joseph (2006)
Kevin Zeitler (2012)
Leon Hall (2007)
--
Tyler Eifert (2013) - Hurt all the time, could be top two or lower than this based on what happens
--
Andre Smith (2009)
Jermaine Gresham (2010)
Dre Kirkpatrick (2012)
--
David Pollack (2005) - looked fine but never had a chance
Chris Perry (2004)
Keith Rivers (2008) - mediocre to below average all the time but loses to everyone for making hines ward feel like a badass

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
1. Julio Jones (2011) - No need for explanation. They gave up a ton to get him, but he was worth it.
2. Matt Ryan (2008) - Criminally underrated for most of his career. It's been a rough couple years, but he remains a franchise QB.
3. Roddy White (2005) - Franchise all time leading WR and my favorite Falcon ever behind Deion.
4. Desmond Trufant (2013) - One of the best young DB's in the league. No one threw his way last season. Traded up to get him and he has been a stud.
5. Deangelo Hall (2004) - Douche, but was very good in his day and is still in the league.
6. Sean Weatherspoon (2010) - Was great...when not hurt...which was like never.
The rest. Sam Baker (2008), Peria Jerry (2009) and Jamaal Anderson (2007). Baker was serviceable-ish...until he just could not stay on the field. Traded up for him too, that stung. Peria Jerry could not stay healthy, never did a drat thing and since retired. Jamaal Anderson, yeah let's not talk about Jamaal Anderson.

Some real good and some real poo poo there.

v

Jokes on you, Clayborn has been pretty good in Atlanta :colbert:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 25, 2016

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs and it's rather depressing.

1) Gerald McCoy (2010) - One of the best DT in the league and perennial pro bowler. Has some issues staying healthy but when he does he's a beast.
2) Doug Martin (2012) - Already 4th on the Bucs all time rushing list. One of the better RB's in the league. Also has some health issues.
3) Cadillac Williams (2005) - Beloved by all Bucs fans and was a great back until he destroyed his knees. Tried to come back after multiple torn patellas but was never the same.
4) Aqib Talib (2008) - Noted poo poo head who constantly did dumb poo poo. He is good on the field but a complete gently caress up off it.
5) Davin Joseph (2006) - Serviceable guard for a few years but never lived up to the hype. Did have a couple Pro Bowl seasons but injuries derailed his career.
6) Josh Freeman (2009) - Had one great season then sucked.
7) Michael Clayton (2004) - Had one great season then sucked.
8) Adrian Clayborn (2011) - Injury issues and not a very good DE. making GBS threads it up in ATL now.
9) Mark Barron (2012) - Typical bust DB from Alabama. Playing LB in STL now I believe.
10) Gaines Adams (2007) - Bust of a pass rusher. Traded to the Bears and then he died.

2013 1st pick was traded for Darrelle Revis who we even managed to make look mediocre and then Lovie Smith cut him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was three rows back and directly in line with cadillac when his knee exploded.

The entire panthers sideline reacted and turned away.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots!

Great picks:

1) Vince Wilfork 2004-21 - Incredibly talented nose tackle. The lovable face of the defense for the last decade. Despite being a gigantic nose tackle, once played most of a season at DE due to injuries and wasn't awful at it.
2) Logan Mankins 2005-32 - Dominant guard for 9 years before being traded. Went to 9 pro bowls, and played most of a season on a torn ACL. Really, really good at being a dirty, vicious son of a bitch. I miss him.

Very good picks:

3) Dont'a Hightower 2012-25 - Very good, versatile linebacker who excels against the run, is a good solid pass rusher and decent in coverage. Could eventually overtake Mankins.
4) Jerod Mayo 2008-10 - Injuries killed his career after a great 5 year run, but was defensive rookie of the year (in an admittedly weak field).
5) Devin McCourty 2010-27 - Will overtake Mayo soon. Excellent free safety after bombing out as a cornerback his sophmore year.
6) Nate Solder 2011-17 - Solidly decent left tackle. Not amazing, but a good 4 out of 5 years so far.
7) Chandler Jones 2012-21 - Very good DE who has the Jones family love o' drugs so was shipped off for a draft pick. Never gonna complain about 36 sacks in 4 years while being good against the run.

Boring:

8) Ben Watson 2004-32 - A solid career but below average for being a first round pick.

Disappointments:

9) Brandon Meriweather 2007-21 - One of the lesser deserving multi-time pro bowlers. Likes to tackle with his face and avoid covering receivers.
10) Laurence Maroney 2006-21 - A running back who couldn't crack 1000 yards rushing despite being on the 2007 Patriots. Would've been fine if he was like a 3rd-4th round pick, but a significant disappointment in the 1st .

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 25, 2016

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
TBD Chargers

1. 2005 - Shawne Merriman - shortened carreer, still owned above all others
2. 2004 - Eli Manning, QB - Led to acquiring Rivers + other draft picks
3. 2011 - Corey Liuget, DE - This is where the dropoff in quality happens for this bad team that's bad at drafting by and large
4. 2012 - Melvin Ingram, LB - merely ok
5. 2013 - DJ Fluker, RT/RG - I like him a lot more than others, but I still have to admit he's merely ok
6. 2010 - Ryan Matthews, RB - Don't like him
7. 2006 - Antonio Cromartie, CB - Don't know him, but I guess he was bad? Still playing, though, so that's something.

(Tie for Terrible)
10. 2007 - Buster Davis, WR - Who?
10. 2008 - Antoine Cason, CB - Who?
10. 2009 - Larry English, DE - UDFA talent drafted in the 1st

aperion fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 26, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans
2005 6 Pacman Jones CB - good corner with off field issues
2006 3 Vince Young QB - extremely promising rookie year then Fisher ruined him
2007 19 Michael Griffin DB - decent safety that needs good corners around him in order for him to produce
2008 24 Chris Johnson RB - did you know he ran for 2000 yards? Most electrifying hb in the land
2009 30 Kenny Britt WR - had a 3 game period of dominance then got hurt and went back to mediocre
2010 16 Derrick Morgan DE - mediocre pass rushing 43 de turned into good coverage 34 olb
2011 8 Jake Locker QB - retired
2012 20 Kendall Wright WR - good when allowed to do impromptu routes but bad when expected to run set routes.
2013 10 Chance Warmack G - good run blocking guard

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Metapod posted:

Titans
2005 6 Pacman Jones CB - good corner with off field issues
2006 3 Vince Young QB - extremely promising rookie year then Fisher ruined him
2007 19 Michael Griffin DB - decent safety that needs good corners around him in order for him to produce
2008 24 Chris Johnson RB - did you know he ran for 2000 yards? Most electrifying hb in the land
2009 30 Kenny Britt WR - had a 3 game period of dominance then got hurt and went back to mediocre
2010 16 Derrick Morgan DE - mediocre pass rushing 43 de turned into good coverage 34 olb
2011 8 Jake Locker QB - retired
2012 20 Kendall Wright WR - good when allowed to do impromptu routes but bad when expected to run set routes.
2013 10 Chance Warmack G - good run blocking guard

:stare:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
We not good at drafting

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills had zero (0) playoff appearances in this time frame:

2011 Marcell Dareus - Probably still the most talented player on the team, even if he's kind of a moron
2012 Stephon Gilmore - A close second to Dareus and very underrated
2009 Eric Wood - steady presence and probably a top 10 center
2007 Marshawn Lynch - was a great talent even in Buffalo, but obviously was way better on a competent team
2010 C.J. Spiller - that one Chan Gailey year he played out of his freaking mind. Like, legit best at his position. Never really regained his form and can't stay healthy, though.
2006 Donte Whitner - gently caress Donte Whitner. Overdrafted and merely an average safety
2008 Leodis McKelvin - good depth corner, bad starter.
2013 EJ Manuel - well, there have been worse first-round quarterbacks
2006 John McCargo - lol
2009 Aaron Maybin - m-m-m-m-mega bust

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CaptainYesterday posted:

I know this would be more of an off-season thread, but I didn't want to forget this. I know every year in TFF there's a 'rank your draft' thread and one for looking back at the draft from three years ago, but I thought of an interesting spin: rank the picks your team made in the first round over a period of ten years. As with the retrospective draft grade thread, we only go as far ahead as 2013, since it takes a good three years to make definitive grades on players (which is why I won't judge Clowney until after the season is over).

1. J.J. Watt (2011) - Obviously. Not only the face of the franchise, but one of the faces of the NFL.
2. DeAndre Hopkins (2013) - Out standout WR, poised to do big things.
3. Mario Williams (2006) - Despite all the hate when he was drafted, proved himself to be a great pro player.
4. Brian Cushing (2009) - Maybe it's the steroids, but he's a nice piece to have.
5. Kareem Jackson (2010) - He and JoJo are highly underrated.
6. Duane Brown (2008) - Whenever he's not injured, he's fine.
7. Whitney Mercilus (2012) - Eh, he's OK.
8. Dunta Robinson (2004) - Good for a little while, then he sucked.
9. Jason Babin (2004) - Hindsight says we overpaid Tennessee for a player who did nothing for us.
10. Travis Johnson (2005) - Who?
11. Amobi Okoye (2007) - Bust and a half.

Gonna disagree a little on here

1. JJ Watt obviously
2. DeAndre Hopkins, another obvious choice
3. Duane Brown, one of the best LTs in the NFL for years
4. Mario Williams, was always better than he was given credit for
5. Brian Cushing, was an extremely good player until his knee got taken out on dirty hits two years in a row, has lost a step
6. Whitney Mercilus, has evolved into one of the better pass rushers in the game
7. Dunta Robinson, nevermind the drama surrounding him and the way he played in Atlanta, he was excellent here for years
8. Kareem Jackson, was awful for a couple years and is now underrated as a result, still no Dunta
9. Travis Johnson, sucked but managed to take up space as a Texan
10. Jason Babin, was a terrible fit for a 3-4, did nothing here
11. Amobi Okoye, not really his fault he busted, the dude was 19, still a bust though

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

I was three rows back and directly in line with cadillac when his knee exploded.

The entire panthers sideline reacted and turned away.

That was a gruesome one.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Imagine lifting your leg to fart but the fart is liquidy

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

all of them are hall of famers

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Imagine lifting your leg to fart but the fart is liquidy

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 25, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Giants

1) 2004 4 - Philip Rivers; traded him for Eli Manning, the undisputed best QB in franchise history. dude is good, and doesn't get enough credit if you ask me
2) 2014 12 - Odell Beckham; Jerry Reese fell rear end backwards into this pick, but man, OBJ has been excellent and figures to be great if he tunes out the people trying to get in his head
3) 2010 15 - JPP; even though he blew his hand off, JPP has been a presence on the edge for his whole career. don't win the 2011 title without him blocking a field goal against Dallas in Week 14
4) 2013 16 - Justin Pugh; a guy who hasn't gotten Eli killed, great player
5) 2009 29 - Hakeem Nicks; Nicks was a solid receiver in his first stint with the Giants, he had the one Hail Mary catch against the Packers in the divisional round that was amazing to see live. did suffer from stone hands though
6) 2008 31 - Kenny Phillips; Phillips was a serviceable safety, I don't quite remember a time where he was burned terribly. I think the Giants got a ton of value here
7) 2011 19 - Prince Amukamara; Prince always flashed his talent, but could never hold up on the field for too long. always had a nagging injury here and there
8) 2007 20 - Aaron Ross; Ross was a decent player for a while, but fell off a cliff somewhere around 2010
9) 2006 32 - Mathias Kiwanuka; Kiwi was a versatile defensive player, but the millions of injuries to other players left him exposed as like the second best defensive player on the line
10) 2012 32 - David Wilson; Wilson had superior speed, but couldn't hold on to the football. then he was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and never played football again
no pick in 2005, as it was part of the Rivers-Eli deal

overall, I think the Giants have done an okay job at drafting. you could order 5-9 in any way, really.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

7. Dunta Robinson, nevermind the drama surrounding him and the way he played in Atlanta, he was excellent here for years

What drama? His issue was he couldn't stop turning his helmet into a head seeking missile that took out both players. He wasn't terrible in Atlanta, he had his moments, but he just always went for the big hit and it usually ended with him hurting himself.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
New York Jets 2003-2013 Drafts: Either Amazing or Horrific. Nothing in between.

1 2007 Darelle Revis First Ballot Hall of Famer
2 2006 2 First Round Picks, both borderline Hall of Famers who anchored the OT for a decade.Nick Mangold and D'Brickashaw Ferguson
3 2011 Mo Wilkerson. All pro type player. Franchise cornerstone.
4 2004 Jon Vilma Sold middle LB for 3 years with the Jets. Was close to pro bowl level for a small period of time. Not a wasted pick.
5 2012 Quinton Coples. Drafted him to play the wrong position and though he showed some signs in his rookie year. he took a step back in year 2 and never really came back from that.
6 2010 Kyle Wilson. A terrible OCB who was moved inside in year 3 and became just a bad nickle back.
7 2005 No first round pick
8 2003 Traded up for Dwayne Robertson who was a mediocre starter for a year and then became one of the worst starters in the NFL. Bust.
9 2013 Dee Milliner can't stay on the field and is horrible when he does. Bust.
10 2008 Verson Gholston. One of the worst draft picks in NFL history. A complete zero in terms of any contribution to the team. Bust.
11 2009 Mark Sanchez: 4 wasted years with the worst starting QB in the NFL. Bust.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dunta was garbage in Atlanta but you can't say the guy didn't play through injuries.

He had a shoulder injury so bad he's literally pass out from the pain on the field when he missed with his head while diving into defenseless receivers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

All right, I'll take a stab at it:

Real loving good:

1) Khalil Mack 2014-05 - One of the best defensive players in the league in his 2nd year. Already easily their best pick.
2) Amari Cooper 2015-04 - Excellent receiver, had 1k yards as a rookie. Has plenty of things to cleanup in his game, but could be one of those top level guys easily if he does.

Not great, but not worth complaining about considering what lies below:

3) Darren McFadden - 2008-21 - Flashed some very good play, fought nagging injuries seemingly every year.

Horrifically over-drafted players

4) Michael Huff - 2006-07 - An okay enough safety I guess. Played 7 years in Oakland.
5) Darrius Heyward-Bey - 2009-7 - Modestly productive in Oakland for 4 years, Just really not what you're looking for in the top 10 of the draft.
6) DJ Hayden - 2013-12 - Slowly worked his way into starting over 3 years, maybe he'll develop?
7) Robert Gallery 2004-02 - lovely tackle, turned into a good guard, but only lasted 4 injury shortened years in that role. Still things could be a lot worse
8) Fabian Washington 2005-23 - Lasted 3 years in Oakland was benched, demanded a trade, got dumped on the Ravens for a 4th.

:gonk:

9) Rolando McClain - 2010-08 - Can play football decently enough, but openly quit on the Raiders, and probably one of the dumbest people to ever put on a uniform. Once arrested for telling cops his name was gently caress Y'ALL.
10) JaMarcus Russell - 2007-01 - Oh my god

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Roy Williams- The best worst receiver in Lions history
Kevin Jones- So dang good for his rookie season and then his foot exploded, and then everything else exploded. I loved this dude.

Mike Williams- Once got benched for Josh McCown. Reread that sentence.

Ernie Sims- The king of over-pursuit

Calvin Johnson- Good

Gosder Cherilus- The Lions picks are so awful that he's one of the better picks we've had despite being nothing but a middling tackle.

Matthew Stafford- Often considered one of the best quarterbacks in the league. He owns. Made the NFC North a notable division again. Early health concerns are a thing of the past and now the only problems he has is grossly incompetent coaching and terrible running backs and tight ends and offensive linemen

Brandon Pettigrew- He's cool.

2010-
Ndamukong Suh- Really good, however also one of the dirtiest dudes around. Glad to not have to defend him anymore but also miss him brutally owning other teams, mostly the Packers and them subsequently crying.

Jahvid Best- So rad for like half a season, then his brain exploded.

Nick Fairley- Owned owned owned. I miss him more than anyone except for Calvin. This team is so god dang dumb

Riley Reiff- Boring and not good but not terrible

Ziggy- Good. Very Good.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
In summation, the Lions are probably winning the division this year. Also

Mike Williams- Once got benched for Josh McCown. Reread that sentence.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Matthew Stafford- Often considered one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

eehhhhh

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
You're right, I should get rid of the often

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Kalli posted:

All right, I'll take a stab at it:

Real loving good:

1) Khalil Mack 2014-05 - One of the best defensive players in the league in his 2nd year. Already easily their best pick.
2) Amari Cooper 2015-04 - Excellent receiver, had 1k yards as a rookie. Has plenty of things to cleanup in his game, but could be one of those top level guys easily if he does.

Not great, but not worth complaining about considering what lies below:

3) Darren McFadden - 2008-21 - Flashed some very good play, fought nagging injuries seemingly every year.

Horrifically over-drafted players

4) Michael Huff - 2006-07 - An okay enough safety I guess. Played 7 years in Oakland.
5) Darrius Heyward-Bey - 2009-7 - Modestly productive in Oakland for 4 years, Just really not what you're looking for in the top 10 of the draft.
6) DJ Hayden - 2013-12 - Slowly worked his way into starting over 3 years, maybe he'll develop?
7) Robert Gallery 2004-02 - lovely tackle, turned into a good guard, but only lasted 4 injury shortened years in that role. Still things could be a lot worse
8) Fabian Washington 2005-23 - Lasted 3 years in Oakland was benched, demanded a trade, got dumped on the Ravens for a 4th.

:gonk:

9) Rolando McClain - 2010-08 - Can play football decently enough, but openly quit on the Raiders, and probably one of the dumbest people to ever put on a uniform. Once arrested for telling cops his name was gently caress Y'ALL.
10) JaMarcus Russell - 2007-01 - Oh my god

For the purposes of this thread the cutoff was 2013 so we must hang our hat on Run DMC

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions should get extra credit for getting Ziggy Ansah out of that cesspool of a draft.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

For the purposes of this thread the cutoff was 2013 so we must hang our hat on Run DMC

Man.

At least the Browns have Joe Thomas.

On the other hand they have:

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/768876456504070144

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Man.

who the gently caress is danny shelton

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Man.

how the gently caress do you blow that many 1st?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i had no idea fabian washington was at one time a 1st round pick i just assumed he was a raiders practice squad player the ravens started during the gregg mattison era cause thats what we were about

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

who the gently caress is danny shelton

DT last year that is coming along slowly. Drafted to fix the Browns' horrific run defense so he'll never be a big name.

On the other hand, he has the craziest pre-draft story.

In 2011 some dudes cut up one of his family members so he and a bunch of his brothers went to confront the dude, two of his brothers get shot and one killed and he turns the shooter into pudding until he's tased off the guy's body.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seattle Seahawks

Trigger warning: Tim Ruskell

1. S Earl Thomas (2010): Obvious No. 1 in this timeframe. The backbone of the LOB.
2. DE/LB Bruce Irvin (2012): Still think we overdrafted him, but he was a good pass rush specialist while here.
3. OT Russell Okung (2010): Never as good as we were hoping he'd be, but he was decent even with all the injuries and holding flags.
4. C Chris Spencer (2005): Pretty big dropoff here after the top three. Spencer was kinda meh but he started for several years before Max Unger eventually replaced him at center.
5. OL James Carpenter (2011): Another O-lineman who couldn't stay healthy, boy howdy we can't get enough of those.
6. DT Marcus Tubbs (2004): Could've been a great run-stuffer, but his knees betrayed him. Never trust Longhorn D-linemen.
7. DE Lawrence Jackson (2008): Who?
8. CB Kelly Jennings (2006): :barf:
9. LB Aaron Curry (2009): :barf: :barf: :barf:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Chiefs actually drafted a ton of good talent from 2004-2013, just didn't do much with it

1. Jamaal Charles - boiiiii this happened in the 3rd round!?
2. Derrick Johnson - best MLB in Chiefs history (who cares about 1960s football) tied with...
2. Tamba Hali - amazing pass rusher
3. Justin Houston - praise
4. Eric Berry - amazing, won't even have his career derailed by cancer
5. Brandon Flowers - a great corner for a long time with KC
6. Jared Allen - had a few good seasons with KC, flipped him to the Vikings for draft picks that turned into the best RB in NFL history and a stud LT
7. Dwayne Bowe - is kind of a punchline now, but he had quite a few good seasons with the Chiefs and is probably our franchise's best WR ever until Maclin accumulates some more stats
8. Dontari Poe - surprisingly turned into a beast despite a lot of fears he would bust
9. Travis Kelce - his production is still a bit underwhelming compared to his talent, but there's a lot of short passes to go around in KC
10. Brandon Carr - Was good when he was in KC, productive and talented CB for a 5th rounder, amazing value

honorable mentions: Allen Bailey, Rodney Hudson, Branden Albert, Ryan Succop

Nov 6, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

The Chiefs actually drafted a ton of good talent from 2004-2013, just didn't do much with it

1. Jamaal Charles - boiiiii this happened in the 3rd round!?
2. Derrick Johnson - best MLB in Chiefs history (who cares about 1960s football) tied with...
2. Tamba Hali - amazing pass rusher
3. Justin Houston - praise
4. Eric Berry - amazing, won't even have his career derailed by cancer
5. Brandon Flowers - a great corner for a long time with KC
6. Jared Allen - had a few good seasons with KC, flipped him to the Vikings for draft picks that turned into the best RB in NFL history and a stud LT
7. Dwayne Bowe - is kind of a punchline now, but he had quite a few good seasons with the Chiefs and is probably our franchise's best WR ever until Maclin accumulates some more stats
8. Dontari Poe - surprisingly turned into a beast despite a lot of fears he would bust
9. Travis Kelce - his production is still a bit underwhelming compared to his talent, but there's a lot of short passes to go around in KC
10. Brandon Carr - Was good when he was in KC, productive and talented CB for a 5th rounder, amazing value

honorable mentions: Allen Bailey, Rodney Hudson, Branden Albert, Ryan Succop

These are supposed to be 1st round picks only.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

^^drat

First round picks only tho

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Lol gently caress, I was wondering why the Chiefs list looked so hot

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Colts

1. 2012 Andrew Luck - he's pretty good but also was hurt real bad last year and also was bad last year. If he doesn't have a Pro Bowl year he falls to #2 IMO.
2. 2011 Anthony Constanzo - our one rock solid lineman.
3. 2005 Marlin Jackson - was pretty good for a couple years then got hurt.
4. 2006 Joseph Addai - was pretty good for a year or two then got bad, then was situationally useful for awhile, now is out of the league.
5. 2007 Anthony Gonzalez - biggest memory of him was him whining that Pierre Garcon took his spot when he was injured (again). Still, he was decent for a couple of years - never really good. Also, when he was drafted much was made of the fact he slept in a hyperbaric tent to condition himself better. How'd that work out for you buddy?
6. 2009 Donald Brown - GOD DAMMIT DONALD
7. 2008 INC
8. 2004 INC
9 2010 Jerry Hughes - I know he's turned it around with the Bills but he was REALLY bad here and he got lots of chances.
10. 2013 Bjorn Werner - Completely useless in every sense of the word. I expected more out of a giant German with a viking name.

Holy poo poo look at that. It's pretty fuckin bad!

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli you left out one of New England's firsts from 2008.

• Locked thread