Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I explained my rational for the vig. mostly it's other players who have been saying it's ridiculous to just vote me on that.

taste is doing the thing I said he was doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

my rationale for voting Jimson is him coming in and reminding us of the incoherent garbage we can expect from him

what makes you think he wouldn't fit in here

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

after it was demonstrated that the point he was making was based on a misreading.

it wasnt

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey, Dawny, you're the boss - if you want me to chill out, I can do that. I'll do whatever you ask.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

I explained my rational for the vig. mostly it's other players who have been saying it's ridiculous to just vote me on that.

taste is doing the thing I said he was doing

you literally word for word said I was setting up an alternate reality

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

Hey, Dawny, you're the boss - if you want me to chill out, I can do that. I'll do whatever you ask.

go hard

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

PBS Newshour posted:

it's almost like instead of the usual dismissive stuff he is writing like he has an advantage over us
This is a ballsy claim. "He's acting aloof-dismissive instead of ennui-dismissive" does not ring true to me at all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

it wasnt

It was a basic point of grammar where you took an expression to mean the opposite of its plain meaning

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

i think Spiros' cases were rubbish to the extent that i would vote for him. they just insult the majority of the people mentioned. I also don't understand why Truth Quark was given a free ride with a compartively weak insult. their case on Jimson used the reasoning of "hey i'm yet" yet the post itself feels like after after posting no content after.

i dont agree with Samf being criticised for putting his thoughts into the thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tremendous Taste posted:

you literally word for word said I was setting up an alternate reality

because of recent posting
u r bad at this

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spiros posted:

Pmom - Don't trust the poster, can play a very good scum game. Too early to say, goes in the Keane bucket. Leaning town fwiw.
This is weird, I'm p. sure consensus is that I'm a garbage scum player.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Dugong posted:

i dont agree with Samf being criticised for putting his thoughts into the thread.

:allears:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dugong did you miss the part where I said I felt a lot of my reads were superficial because I only had straws to grasp at? It turns out that talking about people often gets them to talk themselves!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is weird, I'm p. sure consensus is that I'm a garbage scum player.

I remember you wool eyesing me before, the impression has lasted the span of years.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##vote Dugong to show I'm serious.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I guess I explained the Jake thing poorly? My problem with his posting isn't that he stuck to his guns, it's that he stuck to his guns after it was demonstrated that the point he was making was based on a misreading. I think he was invested in just Pushing A Case regardless of what it was

my rationale for voting Jimson is him coming in and reminding us of the incoherent garbage we can expect from him

I get this, but having lost one town player already we shouldn't be just voting because we don't like someone. Jimson can be difficult to get engaged but usually pulls out some pretty awesome poo poo come day three or four. Will he get that far? Maybe, who knows, but there are better options for today and the refusal to realize that is worrisome. Give a case, and opinion, something other than 'Jimson sux'.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

because of recent posting
u r bad at this

not really what you're saying compadre

I'll try to get better so I can kill townies with no reason d1

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

It was a basic point of grammar where you took an expression to mean the opposite of its plain meaning

nah i reexplained it a page ago

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spiros posted:

I remember you wool eyesing me before, the impression has lasted the span of years.

What was the game where you paid me a weird compliment day 1 and ended up being scum, I can't remember which one it was

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

PBS Newshour posted:

Imo this is a really bad one

:allears:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Specifics leave you but impressions often last and such is the case here

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

nah i reexplained it a page ago

JakeP posted:

taste you misunderstood my point at the time

you are making it like I said that you said "PBS is town" and then changed it to "PBS is scum"

but what I was saying is you started as saying "at best PBS is bad town" which you graduated to PBS is scum.

I was never saying it was a contradiction, I was just saying you elevated the alignment read to be more severe

Now I admit that is a weak read, but it was my feeling at the time

nope, you still don't understand what words mean

"at best PBS is bad town" is synonymous to "PBS is probably scum"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Dugong that isn't my case.
Read Sam's posts outloud.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

nope, you still don't understand what words mean

"at best PBS is bad town" is synonymous to "PBS is probably scum"

They are similar but they are different degrees of calling someone scum, which was the point i was making

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I feel like you were being snarky here but I was genuinely saying thanks!

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

Dugong that isn't my case.
Read Sam's posts outloud.

Don't do that unless you wanna sound like me. I write the way I talk.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samfucius posted:

Don't do that unless you wanna sound like me. I write the way I talk.

Are you a.... Nerd???!?!!!!!

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Spiros posted:

You're fine, I appreciate what you've said and I'm trying to become more aggressive, it's just not my play style and it's hard for me.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Capp's first case on me was pretty tepid, and it seems like as other people have called out aspects of it she has buckled down instead of re-examining or even really explaining. She's gotten to a pretty hardline position from a cupcake position, and almost none of it has anything to do with the person she's voting for.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

Are you a.... Nerd???!?!!!!!

Nah I'm a jock just gave a kid a swirly

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Dugong posted:

i think Spiros' cases were rubbish to the extent that i would vote for him. they just insult the majority of the people mentioned. I also don't understand why Truth Quark was given a free ride with a compartively weak insult. their case on Jimson used the reasoning of "hey i'm yet" yet the post itself feels like after after posting no content after.

Okay, then make a case. One sentence isn't a case, it's a cheep cop out that shows almost nothing along the lines of a thought process. If you want be to believe you're town act like it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

Capp's first case on me was pretty tepid, and it seems like as other people have called out aspects of it she has buckled down instead of re-examining or even really explaining. She's gotten to a pretty hardline position from a cupcake position, and almost none of it has anything to do with the person she's voting for.

this post reads like it is carefully written prose, and not a genuine opinion

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samfucius posted:

What the gently caress is a cupcake postition

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

What the gently caress is a cupcake postition

the oppisate of hard line i guess

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

What was the game where you paid me a weird compliment day 1 and ended up being scum, I can't remember which one it was

I may have gotten this confused with the time you called me out for claiming VT in Hiphopfia 1.5? I still have a vivid memory of you giving me a weird compliment and flipping scum one time but I may have made it up :shrug:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

This is a ballsy claim. "He's acting aloof-dismissive instead of ennui-dismissive" does not ring true to me at all.

I don't like this post at all

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't like this post at all

why

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

PMom, make a case.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
how ennui dismissive of you

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
sams scum because he doesn't talk like a person he talks like a mafia robot with a thesaurus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

sams scum because he doesn't talk like a person he talks like a mafia robot with a thesaurus

maybe it's that we're all morons tbh

• Locked thread