Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The whole "THEY DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM, SO HOW DARE YOU USE IT?!?" line of thinking is so dumb I can't even begin to wrap my head around it. :psyduck:

You can argue if this is pragmatically speaking the best way to use his fame or whatever, but ~moral outrage~ because "FOOTBALL MAN SITS DOWN FOR OPINION ARRRGH" is the dumbest loving poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/770642269699502082

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Rodney was always known for going low.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

quote:

When you walk in a grocery store, and you might have $2,000 or $3,000 in your pocket and you go up in to a Foot Locker and they're looking at you like you about to steal something.

"You know, I don't think he faces those type of things that we face on a daily basis."

God damnit Rodney.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Ahaha, what a mother fucker.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It's almost like football players are universally dumb mother fuckers

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Here's an interesting fact about Ryan Fitzpatrick ...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh my god I just realized how close we are to Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy discussing this before the season opener.

Oh my god.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mel Mudkiper posted:

my QB is a genius

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Intruder posted:

He probably could, but not doing so doesn't render his point invalid

It doesn't, it just means he's bad at football.

indigi posted:

e:

6500 calories per day. That is loving insanity. idk about football players, but I know basketball players who've said they eat 5000 calories per day while training for/during the season. the only conclusion I can come to if they're feeding literal prisoners 6500 calories per day is that they're fattening them up to eat them.

If they get fat enough they'll be unable to stand for the national anthem. Colin Kaepernick wins again

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Kalli posted:

Oh my god I just realized how close we are to Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy discussing this before the season opener.

Oh my god.

Pander Bowl 2016

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Oh my god.

gently caress me.

NBC hording all of the good primetime announcers but can't find anyone I would throw a life preserver to for their pre-show.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Oh my god.

I hadn't even thought about that, oh poo poo. :stonklol:

fsif posted:

gently caress me.

NBC hording all of the good primetime announcers but can't find anyone I would throw a life preserver to for their pre-show.

More like an anvil or three.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

shut the gently caress up Rodney

Nov 6, 2002

Don't worry Mike Florio will be the voice of sanity.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

Oh my god.

bobbingheadguyputsguntohead.gif

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Dangeruss has more brotha in him than CoKap. CoKap is very cornball.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Intruder posted:

Well it's a Kaep one so it probably came off the clearance rack for like $2

Also I'm really starting to hate the term "slacktivisim". Like you're not allowed to have an opinion unless you're spending the equivalent of a full time job doing rallies and poo poo

"Colin I think you'll find your opinion is rendered invalid unless you give up your NFL career and use your body as a human shield for the many 11 year old black children being fired upon"

I wouldn't consider what Colin Kaepernick is doing as "slacktivism". It's just traditional protesting, not typing some opinion online and then putting a hashtag next to it.

I had some dipshit show up on my twitter feed bitching that LeBron apparently was doing enough.

"oh sure! Making sure a significant portion of underprivileged school children go to school! But you know what he doesn't do? HE DOESN'T OUT MORE ABOUT JUSTICE REFORM!! That's why Colin Kaepernick is better than LeBron James at this"

Possibly the DUMBEST take I had ever heard in my life. Especially considering the fact that LeBron has SPOKEN UP ABOUT JUSTICE REFORM MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE PAST.

That is what I consider "slacktivism". Someone who just whines, complains on the internet and then just screams at random strangers because they don't agree with their particular opinion. It's loving toxic as hell, and bothj sides do it.

(again, not trying to do a "TRUTH IS IN THE MIDDLE" post here. At least the left's version of it is coming from a good place, it's just done in a lovely way).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A woman I work with said "That blind side kid got raised by whites and he's respectful but I guess you can't save them all"

It was a really nice moment while I tried to eat my lunch. Glad I work here.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sportsgenius86 posted:

A woman I work with said "That blind side kid got raised by whites and he's respectful but I guess you can't save them all"

I used to think Kaepernick was uppity, but now I know he is "downnity" :bahgawd:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Colin Kaepernick Joins ISIS

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
of all the weeks for Bomani Jones to be on vacation

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Why doesn't Colin Kaepernick just go play in the CFL? I'm sure he could be a backup there too

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Wow, I thought they were having financial problems!?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

indigi posted:

of all the weeks for Bomani Jones to be on vacation

He actually did a write up about it for the Undefeated

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He actually did a write up about it for the Undefeated

True, but we miss out on him debating with PFTcommenter and confusing/angering every humorless schmuck on the planet.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Anals of History posted:

True, but we miss out on him debating with PFTcommenter and confusing/angering every humorless schmuck on the planet.

I honestly can't believe ESPN lets him have PFT Commenter on their nationally syndicated drive time show. like, they got on him about the Caucasians t-shirt but he does way more inflammatory and outright insulting poo poo in those segments

e: which I love, to be clear. it's just wild that they keep letting him do it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Hard to believe ESPN would have someone on the TV who is insulting or inflammatory. What next, they start airing live sporting events?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

did that band get back together? they owned.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what Rodney Harrison meant when he said Kaepernick isn't black.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Man, I wish Kap was actually good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He is referring to his biological mother being white

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
One of my coworkers predictably said this morning that Colin Kaepernick shows how "all of them" in the NFL are thugs and "if he doesn't like it here he should leave."

I'm going to say the same thing to him next time he complains about having to choose English at an ATM.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Rodney Harrison is such a foul motherfucker. I can't believe he's the guy with the worst take in this whole situation.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what Rodney Harrison meant when he said Kaepernick isn't black.

He's not black like Obama isn't really black (depending on situation)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

He is referring to his biological mother being white

I think he may have legitimately not realized that Kaep is a POC.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

lol nailed it:

https://twitter.com/Rodney_Harrison/status/770677454256168961

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It does make a point but I'm not sure it's the point he was trying to make...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fsif posted:

He's basically saying that Kaep doesn't know what discrimination really feels like since he's mixed. Also he's a dipshit.

• Locked thread