Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This show is pretty okay.

Ritsu got his rear end beat down, Mob got to be fuckin' sick, Reigen is still the best character, good times all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Reigen is still the best, yep. Everyone has their favorite parts they want to see animated it seems, and mine is coming up in the next two episodes. I can't wait.

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

subtitles weren't up, watched it anyway, still the best

plus now I get to watch it again

For those if you watching on crunchyroll, for some reason the subs never load if you have the window open during the countdown. They're still actually there, though, so all you gotta do is reload the page real quick as soon as it starts.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

For those if you watching on crunchyroll, for some reason the subs never load if you have the window open during the countdown. They're still actually there, though, so all you gotta do is reload the page real quick as soon as it starts.

Usually that's the case, but sometimes it does take them a while to get the subs up. The animation is so good and I knew what they were saying since I've read the manga, so I didn't mind. I rarely rewatch episodes of any show, but Mob Psycho 100 is endlessly rewatchable.

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 30, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

:eyepop: White T Poison!

fun fact: look at the OP scene with the mushrooms

look who's standing on the poison one

Potato Swift
Oct 27, 2012

i fought the saw and the saw won
I just wanna know what kind of insane deal with the devil you have to cut to get animation this impressive, 8 episodes in to a show that's already had this many crazy show-off sequences. The use of squash/stretch and smears on that sequence where Mob was getting beat up blew my loving mind - literally one of the most solid-feeling fights I've ever seen in anime.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I like how the mohawk dude managed to scrape a win despite the colossal gap in power. It introduces another layer of tension. The Teru fight showed us that Mob's power isn't entirely a force for good, while this one showed us that it isn't entirely invincible.

Even when our boy starts getting more complete control of his powers, he's still going to have a rough road ahead of him.

Despite Mob's overwhelming power when an explosion happens, he's not a good fighter. In that fight he was just slamming mohawk dude down with sheer brute force, and the guy won by fighting more intelligently than Mob was. His lack of combat experience is compounded by the way he's basically a berserker when he's like that.

Dias posted:

This show is pretty okay.

Ritsu got his rear end beat down, Mob got to be fuckin' sick, Reigen is still the best character, good times all around.

Reigen loving owns. Right at the start he seems like a regular old swindler, but despite being a fake who can't actually see spirits it doesn't really matter because most of the spirit related problems people come to him with...aren't. They're just regular problems like stress. He gives them mundane solutions that really do work, but he dresses them up in mysticism. And when there really are evil spirits around, he has Mob. There's always going to be people who think there's a supernatural cause to their problems and refuse to seek a mundane answer, so it's actually pretty clever of him to fulfill that role for them.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Full OP is out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqCFA5rvOHc

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

sick

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Really enjoying this show as much as DiU right now, and I kind of started it on a whim.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

The middle bit is as good as I'd hoped it would be, I love this song.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Deified Data posted:

Really enjoying this show as much as DiU right now, and I kind of started it on a whim.

this

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I love the breakdown on that solo, it made me laugh.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Person Dyslexic posted:

I rarely comment on stuff like this, but holy poo poo is this show good. I have to wonder how this is affecting One though, since it seems like ever since OPM and Mob became animated his work output has slowed to a trickle. I hope he knows how to use his narrative powers responsibly, and doesn't let his (well deserved) success overwhelm him...

One explosion... 78%...

One may be like the guy in Bakuman who could only work when he was totally miserable, and when things started going his way his editor couldn't motivate him at all.

Also hell yeah that full OP is righteous.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This song loving kicks rear end

The most fitting song on my workout playlist

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rongeur posted:

I just wanna know what kind of insane deal with the devil you have to cut to get animation this impressive, 8 episodes in to a show that's already had this many crazy show-off sequences. The use of squash/stretch and smears on that sequence where Mob was getting beat up blew my loving mind - literally one of the most solid-feeling fights I've ever seen in anime.

might be a similar deal to OPM, called "a really good story making animators extremely motivated"

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Yinlock posted:

might be a similar deal to OPM, called "a really good story making animators extremely motivated"

Yeah, ONE's work is apparently incredibly popular within people working in the industry so there's a lot of motivation to make the adaptations of his work high quality.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Makes sense, particularly with Mob Psycho. Animators love animating. There are usually two types of "good" animation: the first is the kind that stays super on-model and is very technical and looks really pretty, which requires a lot of precise control.

The second is the one that splatters colors and smears and dirty and is all over the place and is "fun" to draw explicitly because it is so freeform and doesn't require characters to stay on-model. ONE's works fit perfectly with this style because, well, that's his style.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
ONE's art is so bare bones it gives everyone the opportunity to put their own stamp on it. And the story is so good it makes everyone want to see it shine. In an industry were so much is already laid out, that kind of opportunity must be really attractive.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Reigen's scene was not only awesome, but a welcome relief from the intensity of the rest of the episode.

Overall: holy poo poo this is anime epitomized.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So, you think it's time to take (Self-Proclaimed) off the thread's title yet?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Rising star of the anime world, Mob Psycho 100

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Mob is basically Naruto. 9 tailed fox super power unlocked with heavy emotions. Did nothing to earn the power.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Pretty good for a normie anime

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Mob is basically Naruto.

:getout:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Mob is basically Naruto. 9 tailed fox super power unlocked with heavy emotions. Did nothing to earn the power.

Who cares, psychic power is stupid and useless.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

littleorv posted:

Pretty good for a normie anime

Kirby is normie too, fucker!!!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Their personalities are almost completely opposite, though. And berserk super modes are a very common anime trope. Actually, not even just an anime trope; one could just as easily say that Mob is basically Bruce Banner.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
So I started the manga awhile back but never made it past the chapter after the Teru fight, so while I knew it was awesome and had every intention of continuing other stuff jumped ahead on the priority list. Then I saw the anime announcement and just said gently caress it I'll wait for that.

I think I'm starting to understand where the "mob is better than OPM" sentiment was coming from back when that was airing and when Murata's version was more timely/less filler-y.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
One of the things i love about of Mob Psycho is watching how various Espers try to find validation and fulfillment via their superpowers and showing how hollow really leaves them.

This Episode alone has a grown rear end man beating the snot out of teenagers (punks yes) and taking his time to flaunt and ravel in the power gap between them. Just like how mobs own brother was doing not five minutes earlier.

Now to just sit-back, relax, and watch what happens next. :suspense:

zerosix fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 31, 2016

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TriffTshngo posted:

So I started the manga awhile back but never made it past the chapter after the Teru fight, so while I knew it was awesome and had every intention of continuing other stuff jumped ahead on the priority list. Then I saw the anime announcement and just said gently caress it I'll wait for that.

I think I'm starting to understand where the "mob is better than OPM" sentiment was coming from back when that was airing and when Murata's version was more timely/less filler-y.

It gets pretty significantly better from here on out.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I think mob getting the anime treatment is gonna skyrocket it's appeal.

One punch man got a lot of help from the redrawn manga but holy crap this anime is starting to be so much better than opm.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're both perfect

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Ineffiable posted:

I think mob getting the anime treatment is gonna skyrocket it's appeal.

One punch man got a lot of help from the redrawn manga but holy crap this anime is starting to be so much better than opm.

I like them both.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I love the Body Improvement Club and how they're initially intimidating but ultimately wise, patient bros for Mob and his friends. :3:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I really wish real life had body improvement clubs that arent expensive personal trainers.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Friends never let friends skip leg day.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the body improvement club consist of friends and peers, it is not so crass to rely on hierarchical or resource exchange-based relationships

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Looking to join an irl body improvement club. hmu

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Reigen is literally the only one to call him Mob. Everyone else says Kageyama or Shigeo. Why on earth does Reigen call him Mob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
When you're a high level esper such as himself, you simply know peoples nicknames.

• Locked thread