Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will have the better offseason?
This poll is closed.
Montreal 19 14.29%
Edmonton 65 48.87%
Vancouver 49 36.84%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shyduck posted:

That's loving hideous

Yeah and the jersey sucks too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Those are some foul jerseys.

They might have been OK if we hadn't had 50 years of Flyers jerseys to draw from, but no.

We were not worthy of this greatness. :(

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 31, 2016

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
ORANGE AND GOLD AND WHITE

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
If there's a silver lining in all of this, it's that it will only be for this season

I hope

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Shawn Cotureier posted:

If there's a silver lining in all of this, it's that it will only be for this season

I hope

just wait until you see the 51st anniveresry jerseys

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The praise this jersey is getting on the Flyers Facebook page is making me hate our fans

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

We all know what's going to happen

They'll announce the outdoor game jerseys that look x9999 times better than these and people will say that those should have been the 3rds the whole time

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

*busts into thread, Kramer-style*

*wipes sweat off brow*

These jerseys are bad

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Shawn Cotureier posted:

We all know what's going to happen

They'll announce the outdoor game jerseys that look x9999 times better than these and people will say that those should have been the 3rds the whole time
I have some bad news for you

Actually it's not quite confirmed yet but this might be the outdoor jersey

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

I just looked at the 12 games they will wear them on their website

My partial season ticket plan has me going to six of them

Also all of the 12 games are before the outdoor game, so who knows what the deal is

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

shyduck posted:

The praise this jersey is getting on the Flyers Facebook page is making me hate our fans

I don't know, these are the top comments right now and I'm seeing a lot of negative reactions...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Awesome Welles posted:

I don't know, these are the top comments right now and I'm seeing a lot of negative reactions...

There was an earlier post where the top thumbs-upped comment was praising how good they were. Maybe now more people have heard about it and not just the koolaid drinkers

edit:
https://twitter.com/JohnBorukCSN/status/771035646408400896

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 31, 2016

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Apropos of nothing, Boruk is 90% composed of hair gel and bad opinions

I stole that from someone's Twitter but I don't remember who

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Jets named Blake Wheeler the captain. With Scheifele and Byufglien as alternates. That means that Mark Stuart lost his A. Which means that he might spend time in the press box this year. Yay.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Duck Rodgers posted:

Jets named Blake Wheeler the captain. With Scheifele and Byufglien as alternates. That means that Mark Stuart lost his A. Which means that he might spend time in the press box this year. Yay.

Yay, three players I like.

Maybe they'll send Stuart down to the Moose. Or up to the Sun.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I'd prefer if Mark Stuart remain in the lineup to take dumb penalties.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Mike_V posted:

I'd prefer if Mark Stuart remain in the lineup to take dumb penalties.

We still have Buff for that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I guess they were going for the broad street bully tough and ugly aesthetic.

I don't know how you gently caress up a Flyers jersey like that the colors and logo are inherently excellent. They really had to try hard on this one.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
The Philadelphia Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
SniderSkinGold

16;10;666 1975PF

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Absolutely horrid.

Worse than the Isle's thirds.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Rotten Cookies posted:

Absolutely horrid.

whoa now

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

The current Isles thirds aren't bad as much as they are bland and uninspired.

The gold on those Flyers uniforms is just..... blegh. Does not look put together and garish/poo poo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Rotten Cookies posted:

Absolutely horrid.

They're bad and all, but that's going a bit far.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Rotten Cookies posted:

The current Isles thirds aren't bad as much as they are bland and uninspired.

It can very easily be both

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

I'd take the Isles 3rds over these any day of the week

At least it will force the road teams to wear their color jerseys, which is the way it SHOULD be

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Shawn Cotureier posted:

I'd take the Isles 3rds over these any day of the week

At least it will force the road teams to wear their color jerseys, which is the way it SHOULD be

I don't like them in the first place, but solid black jersey with a few stripes on it wouldn't really cut it for a 50th anniversary kit, either.

I do like that they're going with a white one, though. Just wish it didn't have the gold accents.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
oilers thirds own and i hope they continue to stick after this year

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The whole concept of a "third jersey" is a idiotic money grab. You only need two: a white one for when the other team wears their colored jersey, and a colored jersey showing off your team's flair.

If you want a new jersey, replace one of the two you already got.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

oh god hurry up and trade someone else

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't worry, it's only 28 days until pre-season games start. We're almost there boys, a new season of disappointment is just about here!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

xzzy posted:

Don't worry, it's only 28 days until pre-season games start. We're almost there boys, a new season of disappointment is just about here!

jesus gently caress that's an entire month

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

oh my god I"m going to have to watch football

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Don't forget, there's that fake rear end "world" cup in two weeks.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
is the world cup stuff even included in hrr for the salary cap this/next year? or is it so much of a blatent cash grab that its exempt

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Just waitin' for some star forward to get their ACL blown out in the World Cup and everyone to come running to Gorton, wondering if "hey...just maybe...is Nash available?"

(please stay safe McDonagh and Lundqvist and Zucc and...uhhhhh Stepan and Miller? who the gently caress is playing in this thing)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Levitate posted:

Just waitin' for some star forward to get their ACL blown out in the World Cup and everyone to come running to Gorton, wondering if "hey...just maybe...is Nash available?"

(please stay safe McDonagh and Lundqvist and Zucc and...uhhhhh Stepan and Miller? who the gently caress is playing in this thing)

CBJ has half their blue line in this (which I would've laughed at this time last year), 2/3rds of their top line, and :cop:.

So, uh, :ohdear:

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

CBJSprague24 posted:

CBJ has half their blue line in this (which I would've laughed at this time last year), 2/3rds of their top line, and :cop:.

So, uh, :ohdear:

It honestly cant be any worse than last year, though.

Although I'm loving stoked to get a Werenski 3rd, and get my lady a Korpy jersey. Yessssssssssss.

xzzy posted:

The whole concept of a "third jersey" is a idiotic money grab. You only need two: a white one for when the other team wears their colored jersey, and a colored jersey showing off your team's flair.

If you want a new jersey, replace one of the two you already got.

Its a blatant cash grab, and I'm still going to loving buy it. Because our household is already 4 bruins jerseys and 2 columbus, and I still have money to spend~

Lobsterboy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 1, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Lobsterboy posted:

It honestly cant be any worse than last year, though.

I meant something like Bob's groin exploding in a tournament which is essentially meaningless being a real pain in the rear end going into the regular season, even though Korpi has shown himself to be capable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Levitate posted:

It'll be Price

Heh

Heheh

Hohohoho

:smith:

• Locked thread