Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

"help, guys, i'm just now realizing my experiences aren't the only ones in existence!!!" - a 3 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

The great Ron Paul purges of 2008. :911:

A magical time in DnD.

People say D&D is bad, but holy shitttt when it was a libertarian hellhole

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

gret posted:

I knew her name sounded familiar. She's the ex-wife of California Lieutenant Governor and former mayor of San Francisco Gavin Newsom

I never knew that!

I also just looked at her Wiki

As of 2008 she is a member of La Raza Lawyers Association[11] http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=19383

LOL

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Northjayhawk posted:

According to Politico, Hillary's mock debate opponent has been chosen, he is "an outsider", and is currently being prepped. All we know is that it is not Joe Crowley or Mark Cuban

It's Kanye.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm kind of glad the libertarians are gone. They and communists are both equally wrong, but libertarians bother me more because they're exponentially more likely to cause real political harm to the US.

tru

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Also weren't a lot of the young Republicans turned off by 8 years of George W and went full liberal?

Yeah, plenty of "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" young people who said "yeah gently caress that" and realized it was dumb.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/230286993777651712

/pol/ are taking this as a sign that Eric Trump is one of them and their frog lord KEK has blessed the Trumps.

praise kek

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm kind of glad the libertarians are gone. They and communists are both equally wrong, but libertarians bother me more because they're exponentially more likely to cause real political harm to the US.

did they finally realize their lovely ideology was basically astroturfed by the richest people in the world or did they just go to some other hugbox forum

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

Yeah, plenty of "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" young people who said "yeah gently caress that" and realized it was dumb.

I should know, I was one of them!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pathetic little tramp posted:

http://tarpley.net/

This is the site of the guy Melania Trump is SLAPPing, it's about a step above Rense.

Bonus points!

If I remember right, the same lawyer that's representing her is the same lawyer that represented one Hulk Hogan.

So it's not entirely beyond to say that one vampire is funding this effort.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think many of them got owned out of existence once LF happened and they weren't protected from personal ridicule by rules.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I can't stand Trump and this was almost painful to read

Trump will read this story and it will gently caress him up internally pretty bad

quote:

You tossed out those wisecracks on Twitter and the Earth shook and your ratings among white suburban women with French cookware declined.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Things I learned today: Vile is so stupid that he doesn't understand late and early editions of papers, he still reads a physical paper, and he doesn't understand how building occupancy works.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/771448418547949570

So many Millers.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
some converted, some got banned, some converted and stopped posting, some got banned and stopped posting, etc

I think evilweasel and myself are the only two people still here that were Democrats the whole time since CE

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

zoux posted:

I think many of them got owned out of existence once LF happened and they weren't protected from personal ridicule by rules.

there was that too. I know plenty of them came back, but my god what a massacre.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fullhouse posted:

did they finally realize their lovely ideology was basically astroturfed by the richest people in the world or did they just go to some other hugbox forum

I think a lot of them are around, but just don't post about it, because they'll get dogpiled hard, and rightfully so

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Montasque posted:

Also weren't a lot of the young Republicans turned off by 8 years of George W and went full liberal?

Lots of bans, lots of permaprobations and people posting sadronpaul.jpg all over the place, the rest scurried off to yospos and games where they were probably also banned and permaprobated for being terrible.

PRON HAUL and the overlution was magnificent.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

zoux posted:

thanks to the resulting corn cob harvest, we now have an abundance of biofuel

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/771457997881081856
Sigh. Sopan...

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Do you think DnD send us their best posters? No, they're shitposters and safe-space cry babies. We're going to build a wall and DnD are going to pay for it. All those DnD posters? In the first hour, they'll be gone. Deported. Whatever you want to call it. We'll have special teams. I call it extreme vetting.

Make C-SPAM great again!

:mil101:

shitposts the size of cantaloupes

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Adar posted:

some converted, some got banned, some converted and stopped posting, some got banned and stopped posting, etc

I think evilweasel and myself are the only two people still here that were Democrats the whole time since CE

Remedy was the absolute best one because of how farcical it got what with him running off with Goonfleet's money, the naked pictures of him and his wife posted in retaliation, the threats of lawsuits and then I guess he got disbarred somewhere after that because he really was a general purpose douchenozzle.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

https://twitter.com/ByronTau/status/771391795334897665

The press is REALLY hurt about this.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

You have to read it in his deep-voiced, soothing cadence. Garrison Keilor is an American Hero for his work on Prairie Home Companion and The News from Lake Wobegon.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jewel Repetition posted:

Horseshoe theory ftw.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

zoux posted:

Yeah basically the best way to scare libertarians off is to laugh at them. reddit is still awash in them because unlike SA they HATE making fun of themselves

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Martout posted:

Lots of bans, lots of permaprobations and people posting sadronpaul.jpg all over the place, the rest scurried off to yospos and games where they were probably also banned and permaprobated for being terrible.

PRON HAUL and the overlution was magnificent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca7IhkfBMes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

stop asking Hillary dumb questions then you'll get what you want Sopan hope this helps

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

stop asking Hillary dumb questions then you'll get what you want Sopan hope this helps

wow u are retarded

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
maybe if the media stopped applauding AmnestyDon for not making GBS threads his pants every time he gets on stage and doesn't poo poo his pants Hillary would be a little bit more friendly toward the media

like gently caress, you accidentally stumble and the media implies you are literally dying, trump says insane poo poo and he is "softening on immigration"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vile posted:

wow u are retarded

*retard mirror*

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

gret posted:

It's Kanye.

In my headcanon it will always be Louis Black.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Lastgirl posted:

I want punctuation. Hope this helps. :)

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I would normally be annoyed at a candidate that won't take questions, but in Hillary's case it is understandable because of Trump. If she talks to the press, it'll make news which would threaten to overshadow whatever crazy-rear end thing Trump might say next. She does not want to push Trump off the headlines.

If Hillary were facing a normal disciplined candidate, she would eventually have to take questions to push her narrative of the campaign.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/463132110006784000?lang=en-gb

The Libertarian thread often has a libertarian poster but they tend to leave after a few pages after being dogpiled. Or they get permabanned for threatening to defraud SA.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

You can ridicule them. You can threaten them. You blacklist them. You can sue them. You can jail them. You can murder them.

But don't you DARE take away a journalist's opportunity to make a story all about themselves.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Has anyone asked them to be better at their jobs instead of throwing a tantrum?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

UrbicaMortis posted:

The Libertarian thread often has a libertarian poster but they tend to leave after a few pages after being dogpiled. Or they get permabanned for threatening to defraud SA.
My rich daddy is a lawyer and will sue you, or I'll take my business elsewhere, is how libertarians think society should resolve conflicts so it's not surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's no benefit to doing a press conference, it's not going to hurt her chance, so why risk it?

• Locked thread