Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm getting too dumb to be scum vibes from Jimson here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Main town calls are Jimson and AA.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Just for my records, correct me if I'm wrong, we have 3 Jimson, 2 SSV, and 1 CPig vote wise.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I have to eat Crow on my ICR push. My case was flimsy and speculative but I don't like how readily it was agreed with and it makes me doubt pig who went as far to call the case good. I accept the blame for icr's death, but with how pig me too'd onto my mostly poo poo case leaves me feeling like he's scum. Also makes me want to reexamine Moat who I originally felt was scummy.

##vote Pig

I don't think jimson is scum.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also makes me want to reexamine Moat who I originally felt was scummy.

The dude never put a vote down once D1. If not scummy, shameful

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm gonna have a good laugh if I get lunched.

At how wrong people are.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

down w pig ##vote pig

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Jimson + dugong + pmom scum

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Not moving my vote

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Truth Quark posted:

Not moving my vote

Not a town thing to say.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I am feeling cpig and Truth Quark for scum. I am also feeling lildondon for the woman who finally takes me away from this provincial life.

##vote pig

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I am feeling cpig and Truth Quark for scum. I am also feeling lildondon for the woman who finally takes me away from this provincial life.

##vote pig

Just watch I'm going to make Jimson my wiiiiiiiiiiiiife!
(Cartoon French people begin to sing and dance around us)

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Anyway, Jake, make a case.

Also, Jimson. Case please.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
My case.

Faaaaaaaaaaaart

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
It is a town thing to say, because Jimson is scum and its ridiculous that people are this willing to shift votes away from him for three days in a row.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

It is not because you're trying to force people to vote how you want. Strong opinions are okay, saying I'm doing what I want gently caress you guys isn't.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I think its super weird that Cpig is riding me so hard. Like he's getting really deep in there and its really starting to chafe a little. I get that it is a little strange that I've avoided being dunked but I think the main reason I havnt is that everycase on me so far has been really weak.

Yet Cpig is pushing me so hard and his only reasons are "JIMSON ISN'T POSTING CONTENT :ironicat: AND HE DIDN'T GET VOTED OUT THE PREVIOUS DAY" seriously? Since when is being town and not getting lynched a scum tell? Him and TQ have some weird conspiracy theory that the only reason I havnt been lynched yet is because scum isnt voting for me. Normally a really weak town excuse would be that ooobviously he knows scum isn't voting for me because he knows who scum is(as he is scum) but this whole fire behind his argument against me after he was made a potential target before just reeks of obvious scum planning.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay, I've given my opinions of town people as requested as Li Dawny (Jimson is acting way too dumb to be scum. Scum players need to be careful about looking town, Jimson clearly gives no fucks. Anomalous Amalgam is a replacement for Infinitum, and AR gave the okay to kill Infinitum.) Now for a scumread.

This guy right here.

Moatillata posted:

Are you going to issue us an SOP lil D? What at the laws of this land

Starts by trying to attach himself to the king (or queen in this case) and ask her for guidance, giving himself an excuse to just follow the leader.

Moatillata posted:

Lil D I am very sorry, the deadline was a very bad time for me. Anything between 1645 and 1900 PST is p much impossible for me on a weekday.

I will try to prove my worth in the upcoming battle.

:black101:

Excuses himself from deadline. (I know I missed it too, but I'm making this read ignoring my own actions)

Moatillata posted:

Okay, here we go

First post of substance is a gut call on ICR:

Then a double down vote on ICR:

Now what I am wondering is if Keane would be ballsy enough to immediately bus a scumbro. Especially since looking at the end of day one vote count keane had left his vote on ICR.

Another thought about ICR. The whole APPROACHES thing has got me thinking because both AS and tithin both pulled it on the other side. tithin died and flipped scum. AS didn't die so I cant comment on her alignment. It would make sense for scum to have their own mechanic to join brawls, so I ask you ICR why did you approach? Also anyone else feel free to comment on this train of thought.

Jumps on an extremely tenuous connection between ICR and Keane. Doesn't make a hard call out of it, just asks very waffly questions. Looks like he's trying to push a case without committing too heavily to it. Votes later when the case has more traction.

Finally, his case on me. I know I know, you're going to say I'm OMGUSing. But behold.

First this happens.

Li Dawny posted:

I'm going to say ##vote SSV . They've called people out repeatedly for not posting content while not posting it themselves (not 100% on gender and don't want to mislabel, sorry), have the lowest amount of posts of anyone left alive including AA who subbed in, and every person they've voted for who's died has flipped town.

Moatillata posted:

Goes after PBS (flipped town) for the easy push on her stupid vig

Goes after spiros (also flipped town)

Then immediately recants when Lil D comes to his defense

Goes after people for not voting, then misses vote himself

(:ironicat: I know)

Lurking is p common for SSV, but these other things combined make it a bit more suspicious. I think this is a good spot to put my vote rn

##vote SirSamVimes

Instead of coming up with a case of his own, he literally just echoes Li Dawny's case without adding any substance. Once again, just following the leader to avoid needing to put in effort.

Moat is scum imo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh yeah I forgot the most important part

##vote moat

it rhymes therefore it cannot be false

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
"Too dumb to be scum" is really disingenuous since it is a perfectly viable way for someone to play as scum.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SirSamVimes posted:

Okay, I've given my opinions of town people as requested as Li Dawny (Jimson is acting way too dumb to be scum. Scum players need to be careful about looking town, Jimson clearly gives no fucks. Anomalous Amalgam is a replacement for Infinitum, and AR gave the okay to kill Infinitum.) Now for a scumread.

This guy right here.

Starts by trying to attach himself to the king (or queen in this case) and ask her for guidance, giving himself an excuse to just follow the leader.

Excuses himself from deadline. (I know I missed it too, but I'm making this read ignoring my own actions)

Jumps on an extremely tenuous connection between ICR and Keane. Doesn't make a hard call out of it, just asks very waffly questions. Looks like he's trying to push a case without committing too heavily to it. Votes later when the case has more traction.

Finally, his case on me. I know I know, you're going to say I'm OMGUSing. But behold.

First this happens.

Instead of coming up with a case of his own, he literally just echoes Li Dawny's case without adding any substance. Once again, just following the leader to avoid needing to put in effort.

Moat is scum imo.

Can't vote dawny so you're gonna vote me? I'm glad I threw down a vote on you because now it's apparent you're scum samwise.

In other news:

I have to eat Crow on my ICR push. My case was flimsy and speculative but I don't like how readily it was agreed with and it makes me doubt pig who went as far to call the case good. I accept the blame for icr's death, but with how pig me too'd onto my mostly poo poo case leaves me feeling like he's scum. Also makes me want to reexamine Moat who I originally felt was scummy.

##vote Pig

I don't think jimson is scum.

You don't have to eat crow. I do. I accept responsibility for the ICR lynch. I really thought I had found a solid link with the known scum CCkeane and his reaction made me feel a lot more secure in my vote than I guess I should have been.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
Jimson (4): CapitalistPig, Truth Quark, Samfucius, JakeP
CapitalistPig (4): Dugong, Anomalous Amalgam, Pinterest Mom, JimsonTheBetrayer
SirSamVimes (2): Li Dawny, Moatillata
Moatillata (1): SirSamVimes
With 14 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch.
:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

that right there is a caught scum post

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I'm super drunk right now. Ama

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Fine gently caress all you guys

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm super drunk right now. Ama

Sorry, two am is way to late for me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

that right there is a caught scum post

Elaborate on this please.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Good discussion going on.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Good discussion going on.

I don't need to discuss I already know you are scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm working on a couple theories at the moment.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Li Dawny posted:

Elaborate on this please.

He doesn't even try to engage with the case, he just dismisses it as OMGUS.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

He doesn't even try to engage with the case, he just dismisses it as OMGUS.

Ssv can you explain what an omgus is for the ladies and gentleman of the court

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

OMGUS = oh my god you suck = just voting someone because they're voting you. It's generally considered pretty scummy.

Moat is dismissing my case by saying that I'm just voting him because he's voting me and ignoring the actual points of the case. He's scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Birdstrike found an awesome picture of us beating the red team! Thanks bro!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry I've been away most of the weekend: Dadding it. WoWing it.

However, I've decided to my narrow my focus down to a subset of player's who I've found to be most suspicious over the course of the game. From would-be innocuous posts to seemingly scumslipping there are a variety of reasons why I'm calling these players into question but you'll see that over the course of this wall of text.

SirSamVimes
Summary: A mostly innocuous post history, with only one real attempt at finding scum. The only case they've actually made effort in cobbling together is against Moatillata. Outside of that they've made some votes without context or reason and some baseless one line suppositions.

Remarks in question:
Meta justifications to lynch PBS for the vig Seems like a contribution, but this is a snipe.
A pretty weak vote on Spiros followed by an unvote at the behest of Li Dawny about 10 minutes later. A lack of conviction, leads me to believe it was artificial.
Unexplained vote on Glowku followed up by a double down with no explanation.

The rest of the post history is kind of empty except for the case on Moat which really kind of constructed itself.

Scummy Meter: 85%

Samfucius
Summary: A relatively more active player, but has made some questionable posts that lead me to doubt their credibility. Additionally, has had some key posts where they talk about the game, but aren't actually participating.

Remarks in question:
Confusion/outrage over softclaims Seems kind of pointless and bizarre, softclaim or no it seems like a weird thing to harp on.
Pure mechanics discussion
More mechanics discussion
I called him out about what I believe might have been a scumslip
The "they absolutely were" is a bit too on the nose for me. Could be WIFOM, but between the mechanics discussion and general aggro attitude I pick up reading his posts, I don't know. Part of me wants to dismiss it, but at the same time I don't know.

Scummy Meter: 65%

I still feel ways about Pig, Moat and TQ but overall I find those to be less substantial feelings at this time.

I think the best vote for the moment is SSV.

##vote SirSamVimes

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I believe this is current/correct.
Jimson (4): CapitalistPig, Truth Quark, Samfucius, JakeP
CapitalistPig (3): Dugong, Pinterest Mom, JimsonTheBetrayer
SirSamVimes (3): Li Dawny, Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam
Moatillata (1): SirSamVimes
With 14 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Votefinder still broken, eh?

How did we become lurker thread. Anyone around?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Votefinder still broken, eh?

How did we become lurker thread. Anyone around?

I have to run and get a bowel because I don't have a large lidded bowl apparently. Then I'll be back.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

I have to run and get a bowel because I don't have a large lidded bowl apparently. Then I'll be back.

Bowl, not bowel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
AA what do you think of Jimson

• Locked thread