Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

KillHour posted:

Did you ever settle on a color combo?

Nope. Purple or Blue with the grey cladding is in the lead. Followed by being boring and going with stryker red. The cyber grey is settled on, I'm really liking it. Got to see if we have a vette locally that's cyber grey to see it in person. Hopefully it's not one of those colours that just photographs really well but is meh in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

Bajaha posted:

Had to look up effex as it didn't ring a bell. To get the same effect on a mettalic base you'd probably have to do more coats of it. I don't mind the look of the forester steelies at all, kinda wish more manufacturers did stylized steel wheels rather than boring + ugly hubcap (Although the Ford Fusion (or was it Taurus?) hubcaps had me fooled, thought for sure they were alloys)

Still have to do something with the alloys on the winter wheels, they've got lots of corrosion and would probably look much better painted. I've got a bunch of CT giftcards so I could go shopping and find something, should be able to get it done a nice calm and sunny afternoon before I store them for the summer.

The Fusion's ones had me fooled as well. My sister had one and the hub cap was cracked and I was convinced she had a cracked rim until I pulled on it. lol

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Went dealership cruising to check out OEM colours and found some really nice greys in case the corvette grey disappoints in person, saw a grey corvette driving around but I can't confirm if it was cyber grey, looked good in any case.

This (matte iirc) grey is gorgeous, but I've heard matte jobs are a huge pain to maintain so I don't think I want to go down that particular rabbit hole.

Then there's this Lexus grey, definitely caught my eye.

As I've mentioned in the chat thread, my Forester was stolen one morning. My wife had driven it the night before and parked it out in front of the house. In the morning I come out ready to drive to work and I do a double take and think to myself where the hell is the car? I go back home and ask my wife where she parked the drat thing and she says it's right in the driveway. Walk out again, look around on the street, and it hits me. drat, it's stolen.

Later that day it was found by police and towed to the impound. After a couple days they completed their investigation and the car was handed over to MPI (local public insurance) and I got a call from insurance that the car is totaled. Went to go pick up our things from the car.

Punched in lock as expected

Deconstructed ignition with a distinct essence of going back to basics

And a wheel that is distinctly not mine.

My best guess is they stole the forester because it's big enough to transport the other stuff they wanted to steal, which included those wheels. Car had a bunch of receipts in it from service on a ford bronco, so I'm assuming that's what the wheels are from. Anyway, still have to settle with insurance on how much the forester was worth, I've got a bunch of receipts and pictures from all the work I've done on it since I've bought it ( < 6 months ago), and now I get to go car shopping.

Good night sweet prince, your gold wheels were not meant for this world.

Oh, and I got wood.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 16, 2016

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Totaled for sure?

I really do like how those old Foresters look. Maybe you'll find another one to replace this one.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

mariooncrack posted:

Totaled for sure?

That's what MPI is saying. Over the phone they told me it was almost $4k in damage, I'm not sure how they do their estimates, but it's an old car so they might just want to get it off the road. Haven't gotten their letter stating their offer yet, so we'll see if they lowball or if they'll be fair.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

mariooncrack posted:

Totaled for sure?

I really do like how those old Foresters look. Maybe you'll find another one to replace this one.

It doesn't look too fuckered; buy it back and fix it with replacement parts? It's just a beater, right?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah that Forester seems fixable. I get it if it feels ruined now though.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

drat that sucks about the Forester. I have a 99 and I love it and would be sad if something happened to it. You should definitely buy it back and keep it going.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Send that forester down to Adiabatic to help him feed his Gorester.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I saw this in a parking lot at TSC after discovering that you need a Pesticide Grower's License to buy Malathion. Luckily I have one of those and the red lily beetles eating my lilies are going to regret ever munchin' on my flowers.

I digress, it made me think of you, bajaha:

Sorry for the brand-new Mazdas, but the Scooby dealer is on the other side of the Mazda dealer which is next door to TSC.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Well, I haven't gotten off my rear end yet and the Baja is sitting neglected in the garage. SOON IT WILL GET THE ATTENTION IT DEsERveS.

But I did do some interesting things in the meantime. The forester has moved to happier places, as nice as it would have been to take it back and sort it out a few possible maintenance items that would need attention made me rethink buying it back. The fat stack of cash I was offered also helped me part ways with the forester.

Godspeed forester, it sold for $600 + tax at the auction.

Two weeks ago I was away on a business trip in the Toronto area and was trolling kijiji looking for cars to fix&flip, and after getting bored looking through all the listings, I did a search for something sporty and fun. I've always wanted a convertible...

Found a high mileage 2005 Porsche Boxster, test drove it, looked it over, and bargained my way down to a good price and left a deposit the night when I flew down.

The following day I played around with ATM's and the banks and paid the remainder.

I went through bureaucratic hell of faxing and signing and calling and dealing with a government agency a few minutes before their closing time to get it insured in my name. Drove it back to my hotel that night and the following morning I asked my boss to cancel my flight home and made arrangements to drive it back. First thing I did was give it a good wash.

The PO was not one to actually clean the car often, and he parked it under trees so there's plenty of sap and dirt everywhere on this. Once it's home I have to spend a full weekend and do a proper detail of the thing. In the meantime the coin op wash down the road from the hotel will have to do. The PO was kind enough to leave ~$20 in change between the seats and console.

The car is in really good shape for its age and mileage, original paint all round, not a spec of rust, motor sounds solid, suspension is phenomenal, brakes are good and look like they have a good amount of meat left on them, and other than being in dire need of a good detail and some minor issues with the interior I'm perfectly happy.

The leather could use conditioning but there's no rips.

It's a base model with the 2.7l motor, but it has some goodies. Heated seats, Bi-Xenon package, 18" optional wheels.

Apparently it was winter driven by the PO as it came with a second set of wheels with winter tires mounted on them.

After only a day of ownership, someone managed to screw it up already. I parked as far away as possible from all the entrances to the hotel, directly under a light, and in the section of the parking lot that is 90%+ empty. Looks like someone tried to pull in right beside it and clipped the nose on the way in. The damage isn't too bad, a scrape, a dent, a crack, and a warning on the dashboard to accompany me on the way home telling me to check my front left light. Bye Bye $500 deductible :shepspends:

After my business trip was finished, I began my journey home. I took HWY-1 through Canada, the scenic route. Driving through the Canadian shield is something every canadian automotive enthusiast should try at least once.

Toronto to Sault-Ste Marie is a little bit of a boring drive, but between Sault-Ste Marie and Thunder Bay is just magic. Elevation changes, twisty roads, smooth as glass, excellent views. It was phenomenal, and the porsche was made for this kind of driving. The only downside is the numerous construction projects along the way, Hit a milestone along the drive as well:

The honeymoon did not last, and after 1800 km of driving something went wrong. I was a little over 340km away from home when I heard a snapping noise and the dashboard lights up an angry red telling me check the charging system. I pull over onto a side road off the highway and I notice I have strongarm steering. I suspect the serpentine belt went. I thought ahead, and purchased a CAA membership the previous week, the fanciest one they offer with a once a year 320km tow included.

I had the slight issue of being over the allowed mileage by 20km and that meant I would have to pay a crazy price per km for overage. Turns out my in-laws house is within the included towing distance so I rerouted it to there.

Once it arrived, I dug into it and took a look, turns out the pulley on the waterpump came off, I figured it seized and tracked down a replacement. The next day, I limped it over to a friends garage that was a few km away as I didn't feel like tearing into it on a slanted driveway or on the street. made it without an issue.

Face down, rear end up, that's the way we like ... to work on cars.

Took the old pump out

Weirdest failure I've seen. The water pump is not seized and spins freely, and it looks like the pulley just snapped. Perhaps a defect in the metal that only caused a problem after many hours of continuous operation?

New pump in, a fresh belt, and a coolant change while I was in there. This thing takes 22.5l of coolant. That was a lot of coolant and took a good time to pour.

Sounds as good as ever (I hope, sounds good to my subaru trained ears at least)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XFXBbEOK1E

All seems well with the world and it's back to driving as it should. Went with friends and the wife for ice cream in celebration getting it fixed.

That's my adventure for now. Tomorrow I'll be detailing it and shuffling cars around the driveway to figure out how to park everything, and I'll update with what I missed.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I was going to ask how you got your hands on such a nice one, but after it poo poo the bed, no wonder you got a reasonable price for it. After they fixed the manufacturing defect that bricked early Boxters, the later cars held value pretty well.

Did you get any records with it? Maybe it's just for convenience in FF layouts, but I was under the impression that waterpumps should be replaced with the timing belt and the rest of the 100,000 mile maintenance items. What's the interval in km? Can't wait to see more horizontally opposed love though

E: lucky for you, it doesn't appear as though the Boxter has an interference engine, otherwise this would be a much less fun car after the thrown belt

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 1, 2016

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Drive belt /= timing belt.

Glad you got it on the road again so quick. That is a strange failure. Any issues burping the air out? Do the thermostat too?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Oh, there's no teeth on that belt. Duh :doh:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Yup, and these motors have chains, so if I hear rattling I'll start sweating.

slidebite posted:

Drive belt /= timing belt.

Glad you got it on the road again so quick. That is a strange failure. Any issues burping the air out? Do the thermostat too?

Burping it was fairly simple, it's like a living thing as the coolant level was rising a few millimeters then dropping down as the air was leaving the system, and with the amount of coolant it had I was pouring, and pouring ... and pouring. Once it was full, ran it up to temperature, blasted the heater, and watched the coolant temp like a hawk using my obdII scanner. After driving it around the previous day, I checked it yesterday and it looks like the coolant hasn't gone down much.

I bought a new thermostat but I wasn't able to get the low temperature one so I left the one that is in there and returned the new one. I'll be tracking down a low temp one and eventually changing it too. The access isn't too bad from underneath for the thermostat so for next time I'll just have to catch the coolant in a very clean container, or just buy a few liters to replace what spills out. The coolant that was in there was clean and had good colour so it looks like the system is clean enough.

Oh, and the Subaru's are just appearing in my garage nowadays.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

The more I drive the Porsche, the less I want to sell it. Current plan is to keep it for a while and have it as a summer car, then use the Baja exclusively for winter. With that being said, I think I'll just give the Baja over to a body shop to deal with the rust as I've never really welded and don't have access to a welder anyway, and leave it at that. Next year I'll redo the hood so that it weighs less than a thousand pounds as I'm running out of time this year and I don't see myself being able to finish that project in time.

I've done some maintenance things to the boxster, gave it a good wash and a quick polish, but the paint needs some work. Lots of little stone chips and the PO must have been fond of using a brush on the paintwork.

When it gets a little cooler out I'll try to do some more paint correction and hit with some more agressive compounds to get the rest of the swirls out.

As I've mentioned before, the keys look like somebody took a hammer to them then ran them over. Ratty as gently caress.

My new key cases came in and I transferred over the guts, the PO glued in the imobilizer chip so I had to get creative to get it out of the old key without damaging it.

New keys look and feel so much better. It's a small thing but it really makes a difference. I also took a better look at the winter tires and they look to be in great condition, still plenty of tread and a good brand. Pirelli.

I won't be using them since I'll have the Baja for winter so I've got to sell them, just have to figure out what a good price is. From basic research I was thinking in the $1000 - $1200 range would be fair for the wheels and tires.

Did a bit of an impulse purchase, but I'm happy with the price I paid and cursory googling leads me to believe I didn't do that bad.

As they're on commission, you can bargain with them so I got them for $150 CAD. Taking off the door panel was a fun forey into german engineering. They use the weirdest clips, and they love Torx.

Old and Busted:

New Hotness:

I did not realize how blown the speakers were, the drivers side was very obviously blown from the sound it was making, but I was not expecting the passenger side to be that bad. Installation was not too terrible, just had to break out the soldering iron as the OEM speaker harness is soldered in, so I had to get slightly longer wires and put it all back together.

The audio system now sounds 100x better.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wow, I'm shocked the speakers were so bad on such a new car. Usually you only see that level of speaker destruction on base model cars owned by teenagers or hoodrats.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Wow, I'm shocked the speakers were so bad on such a new car. Usually you only see that level of speaker destruction on base model cars owned by teenagers or hoodrats.

My guess is highway + top down + higher power aftermarket stereo + factory speakers was not a winning combination. They don't sound bad but I'm not too confident in the condition of the factory midrange speaker and tweeters either so I might take some more things apart to see what they look like.

It sounds perfectly fine now so maybe they're ok?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Anybody have recommendations for Porsche exhausts? I'm used to the Subaru world where you're drowning in options, it seems it's not so for Porsche. It's either $400 for an eBay cat back that has poo poo fitment and fab, or $2000 for the "cheap" cat backs, or $4000+ for companies I've never heard of.

There's got to be some middle ground, looking just for a dual tip look and a little more noise above 4k rpm.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Bajaha posted:

Anybody have recommendations for Porsche exhausts? I'm used to the Subaru world where you're drowning in options, it seems it's not so for Porsche. It's either $400 for an eBay cat back that has poo poo fitment and fab, or $2000 for the "cheap" cat backs, or $4000+ for companies I've never heard of.

There's got to be some middle ground, looking just for a dual tip look and a little more noise above 4k rpm.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/ is local to me, and they do a LOT of R&D before shipping products, and are overall good folks. I only know them because they just started getting into the BMW market, but have been big in the other German marques for a while.

This is outside their old location, just before they moved to a bigger shop. I teased the owner about buying a DCT M4, and he said they specifically use all automatics for shop testing because a) more people have them, and b) they can find and eliminate as much drone as possible for how the auto behaves.
http://i.imgur.com/hC4Fo7A.jpg

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Any local, reputable exhaust shops in your area? A good shop could do a decent job using off-the-shelf parts.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Any local, reputable exhaust shops in your area? A good shop could do a decent job using off-the-shelf parts.
Yeah, economies of scale factor heavily on exhaust stuff, you need something really popular for good kits to exist at a reasonable price. $2k at a good exhaust shop will get you a lot further.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
My Porsche owning friends have also told me it's best to find a really good exhaust shop. Because of clearances and engine placement there's a lot less metal and lot more bends so a bearded pipe wizard is preferred.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Looks like akrapovic doesn't make one, neither do gmg or bbi. Borla has stuff listed, but I've never really liked the stuff of theirs I've seen personally.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I see that you got a not-Forester as a replacement, Porsches are ok I guess :yayclod:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

8ender posted:

My Porsche owning friends have also told me it's best to find a really good exhaust shop. Because of clearances and engine placement there's a lot less metal and lot more bends so a bearded pipe wizard is preferred.

This. The exhaust shop I used for ages had an old guy that was mostly blind who worked serious magic.... so long as he could feel his way around the exhaust.

Never wore eye protection, natch. But there was everything from rotted out Accords to mint Porsches in their parking lot.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

8ender posted:

I want a Gandalf-made exhaust too, shootin' flame dragons out the tailpipe and poo poo.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

It's settled. I need to find a wizard

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Bajaha posted:

It's settled. I need to find a wizard

My comment on the exhaust issue is "Welcome to the world of Porsche ownership." Everything is 4x as expensive as for a "normal" brand.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
If you were local, I'd send you to my buddy. He lacks the beard but he is a pipe laying SOB.

https://www.facebook.com/pipedreamsfabrication

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Finding a pipe bending wizard is harder than it looks. One highly recommended exhaust shop is one that hacked up my Baja's exhaust, and well it works but it was a bodge fix so I don't know if I want to go back. The latest recommended place that I found (Duals) sounded hesitant over the phone and mentioned that because of the backpressure I'd probably be better off buying something pre-fabbed online, kinda just sounded like he didn't want to touch it. My search continues.

In the mean time, some things happened:

Gave the Boxster a quick buff to clean it up a little more, black is amazing once clean but oh boy is it a lot of work:

In the mean time, my wife's new toy is officially done. Paint took a while to arrange but they did a bang up job and it looks fantastic. It's poser as hell, but the turbo model hood really fits the car and both my wife and I like it.

It's a 2010 2.5i Limited (fancy trim with the auto climate control, leather, and luxuries befitting a subaru) with 57k km and came with a remote start. Oil change is coming up soon, and I just did a few rounds of transmission drain and fill to clear out the old fluid.

Old Fluid coming out:

BLAAAACK ... oh poo poo, wait, that's not good.

57k km of hard driving apparently, smelled ok (well, how transmission fluid is supposed to smell I guess) but it was black. Cherry red fluid goes back in:

Bought a case of 12 of these guys, OEM-spec from what I read online.

Plop it down, drive it around, you got 98 bottles of beer on the wall lift it back up and do another drain and fill. Did it a total of 3 times and by the last time to fluid coming out resembled a nice cabernet sauvignon so the final fill should end up being pretty clean and clear. It drove fine before the new fluid but with how it looked it needed a change.

The Boxster also came back from the body shop that fixed the parking lot damage mentioned earlier in the thread. I paid them $rape to paint the hood and fenders as well (highway miles, little stone chips everywhere) and it looks amazing now, like a brand new car. They did a really good job and I'm happy. I also bought a rho-plate (no drill license plate holder, goes into the tow hook hole) so that the fresh new bumper wouldn't get holes drilled into it, now I just have a crowded driveway:

(Pic is pre rho plate install, obviously)

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
drat, all the catbacks I'm seeing are like 2k.

Fabspeed one seems nice. Afe doesn't look as good and has smaller/louder mufflers. Borla one I can actually order.

http://www.fabspeed.com/987-boxster-cayman-maxflo-performance-exhaust-system/
http://afepower.com/afe-power-49-36411-mach-force-xp-2-to-2-1-2-304-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system
https://www.borla.com/products/987_cayman_cayman_s_boxster_boxster_s_catback_exhaust_stype_part__12654.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You're gonna get rid of the Veloster now right?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Is the 2010 Subie still a 4eat like the older ones? If so where did you find info on that fluid? Is that the best one for it?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Rhyno posted:

You're gonna get rid of the Veloster now right?

Yeah, it's under storage insurance at the moment and it's up for sale at a very optimistic price, were just a little underwater at the moment on it and I don't feel like shelling out a grand or two to get rid of it immediately, so I'll just keep doing payments until it sells.

Fart Pipe posted:

Is the 2010 Subie still a 4eat like the older ones? If so where did you find info on that fluid? Is that the best one for it?

It is begrudgingly a 4eat, I thought the 2010's got the 5eat but apparently mine did not. The Subaru hp atf fluid is the OEM recommended fluid for the 4eat and 5eat as of 08 (maybe, I did this research like two months ago and once I found a product I promptly forgot all the little details.) Idemitsu is apparently the producer of the oem fluid and the idemitsu branded fluid doesn't carry the extra markup.

From my understanding it was the best fluid for the newer Subaru autos.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 5, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

Yeah, it's under storage insurance at the moment and it's up for sale at a very optimistic price, were just a little underwater at the moment on it and I don't feel like shelling out a grand or two to get rid of it immediately, so I'll just keep doing payments until it sells.

Every time I see one I think about your troubles and it makes me a little sad. Also Velostimy Bag.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Bajaha posted:

It is begrudgingly a 4eat, I thought the 2010's got the 5eat but apparently mine did not. The Subaru hp atf fluid is the OEM recommended fluid for the 4eat and 5eat as of 08 (maybe, I did this research like two months ago and once I found a product I promptly forgot all the little details.) Idemitsu is apparently the producer of the oem fluid and the idumitsu branded fluid doesn't carry the extra markup.

Does your wife hate MTs too or did you just go for the AT because it was a good deal?

Have you spent any seat time in a NA or NB Miata? I often wonder about 987s and how they compare.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Bajaha posted:

It is begrudgingly a 4eat, I thought the 2010's got the 5eat but apparently mine did not. The Subaru hp atf fluid is the OEM recommended fluid for the 4eat and 5eat as of 08 (maybe, I did this research like two months ago and once I found a product I promptly forgot all the little details.) Idemitsu is apparently the producer of the oem fluid and the idemitsu branded fluid doesn't carry the extra markup.

From my understanding it was the best fluid for the newer Subaru autos.

Ok awesome, thank you. I just got one with a 4eat and a bad servo so Im in the market for fluid pretty soon. I thought the 4eat was ok or did you say begrudgingly because its not the 5? Mines a turbo and I heard good things about the 4 handling power pretty well.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

blk posted:

Does your wife hate MTs too or did you just go for the AT because it was a good deal?

Have you spent any seat time in a NA or NB Miata? I often wonder about 987s and how they compare.

My wife enjoys driving manuals but due to a medical condition she has some troubles operating a clutch, especially after a day of exertion. Recently it got a bit worst so while she enjoys the Veloster, it no longer is able to be her daily driver. She's starting her studies so she'll be driving to university and walking around campus so an auto was a must for her, the foz was stolen/write off so we got this as a replacement/upgrade.

I haven't had a significant amount of time being the wheel in any miata, I did take an NC for a test drive a good few years ago. I remember loving the shifter and the eagerness of the car, it just felt so right driving it around some twisty roads by the river. Just off hand comparing to that vague memory, the Porsche feels like a heavier car, it is excellent to throw into the corners and has a similar eagerness when it comes to cornering. The steering has a good weight to it. The 2.7l is plenty powerful enough for the boxster, the miata didn't feel underpowered like I've heard others say but the Porsche definitely has a big advantage in terms of acceleration.

It's been a while though so a back to bank would probably change my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Fart Pipe posted:

Ok awesome, thank you. I just got one with a 4eat and a bad servo so Im in the market for fluid pretty soon. I thought the 4eat was ok or did you say begrudgingly because its not the 5? Mines a turbo and I heard good things about the 4 handling power pretty well.

Just the fact that it's not a 5, the 4 is dead reliable and I've heard good things about it's ability to hold power too, was just hoping for the fuel economy boost from having 5 gears to choose from instead of 4. The mileage isn't great on these cars and my wife's got a long commute (~40-50km ) to university

• Locked thread