Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

achillesforever6 posted:

Why do I get so mad about something that doesn't effect my life other than making traffic on the ride home from work hell

anyone who likes baseball should be furious at the pittsburgh front office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pirates were one strike from a win, then Tony fuckin Watson gave up a single and three straight home runs. The man is worthless and shouldn't be a closer.

Apr 7, 2003

Dude couldn't close a spring-loaded door.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bump_fn posted:

anyone who likes baseball should be furious at the pittsburgh front office
The fans should legit throw garbage, hell burn some couches, piss on those mean ancient ushers, make that beautiful park a shithole because it doesn't deserve to look as good as it does its a loving venus flytrap of lies and Bob Nutting is cheaper than 1930 Antisemitic propaganda, me at a restaurant with my family, and a loving dragon.

E: Oh cool our rapist player hit another dinger

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 7, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Coghlan you suck at third.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

TMMadman posted:

Coghlan you suck at third.

So how much longer before we just have to face the fact that no matter how much he dominates AAA, Patton might just not be able to make the adjustment to the majors?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/whygavs/status/773351241619480577
Remember way back when the Pirates could have made it deep into the playoffs, but fate decided to poo poo all over that in the form of the Cardinals and then I had to see non-SAS Cards fans go "Gee golly you guys tried really hard, maybe you'll get it next year"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/whygavs/status/773351241619480577
Remember way back when the Pirates could have made it deep into the playoffs, but fate decided to poo poo all over that in the form of the Cardinals and then I had to see non-SAS Cards fans go "Gee golly you guys tried really hard, maybe you'll get it next year"

that tweet has stairs in its house

Apr 7, 2003

Honestly, the Pirates' front office punted on the season on opening day, with a rotation made up of two proven commodities, a mediocre piece of crap with bad hair, a guy the Mets were about to DFA, and a converted reliever with two pitches.

The Pirates will never, ever put a decent team on the field. Their primary customers are people who go to two or three games a year, hit their seats in the second inning, take selfies with the scoreboard for two hours, and leave at the seventh inning stretch.

I go to 25-30 games a year and guys like me who will stick through a $20 increase in ticket prices in return for a good team just aren't their real customer. Enjoy your bobbleheads.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kawasaki drives in Montero!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Kawasaki! :woop:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Citizen Tayne posted:

Honestly, the Pirates' front office punted on the season on opening day, with a rotation made up of two proven commodities, a mediocre piece of crap with bad hair, a guy the Mets were about to DFA, and a converted reliever with two pitches.

The Pirates will never, ever put a decent team on the field. Their primary customers are people who go to two or three games a year, hit their seats in the second inning, take selfies with the scoreboard for two hours, and leave at the seventh inning stretch.

I go to 25-30 games a year and guys like me who will stick through a $20 increase in ticket prices in return for a good team just aren't their real customer. Enjoy your bobbleheads.
the pirates were very good last year

Apr 7, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Yes, and they let go of 30+ home runs and a pitcher who is currently one of the best in baseball (Happ), and replaced them with players Neil Huntington fished out of a dumpster.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Just stopping in to say goddammit Elvis

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man the Twins Bullpen.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Yeah and after hooking the fans they realized they could use that good will to let a lot of the reasons why they were good go away (too be fair AJ Burnett retired)

Frankly I'm still pissed that they traded Neil Walker away because they couldn't even pay for the popular hometown kid becuase they had to be financially flexible, bullshit when you own a baseball team you should use whatever money you got to make a an entertaining winning team, not to squeeze dollars out of families and especially grandparents who come to the games to remember the days of going to Forbes and seeing Maz beat the evil empire, Roberto Clemente play at his peak, and for the name Dick Groat to be announced.

That's what is loving infuriating about this team. They care more about profit over success

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
loving hell Elvis

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
And of course it immediately comes back to bite us because Seager

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
The highlight of my nights is when the A's get their first hit, in the sixth inning

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Giants tried to put on a suicide squeeze in noted small-ball park, Coors Field

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
The bogaerts betts Ramirez trifecta finally gets Clemens gone

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Lucroy! :woop:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I still don't understand why the Rangers pitch to Seager at all, ever.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Rangers defense :suicide:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

What a bizarre game for Elvis

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I miss Good Jake Diekman :(

Also this defense has been something else tonight.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Fuckin' WHEW :sweatdrop:

This bullpen...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
and red sox re-tie the jays :toot:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
:toot:

That was a long rear end 9 inning game.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

What a weird sloppy game. I am glad the Rangers won

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im p sure some other people who shitpost in this thread live in the chicago area so dont forget to sign up for postseason lottery

http://www.cubs.com/postseason

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

The Reds have made this game unnecessarily interesting.

Jose Peraza missed a game-tying grand slam by a couple of feet.

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

iKickDogs posted:

The Reds have made this game unnecessarily interesting.

They're doing it again, by being very close to getting free pizza for everyone.

They've stuck out 10. One more, and it's pizza time.

e: they failed.

e2: maybe they can still do it if they push the game to extra innings. i don't know. baseball rules are weird.

e3: they didn't do it.

iKickDogs fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 7, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
5 in a row :toot:

I'm gonna need a sedative for this weekend, folks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm coming for you, Matt Garza.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

Phrasing.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

Can't wait for the tirade of drunk posts when he no-hits the Cubs and Braun hits the game winning home run.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sydin posted:

Can't wait for the tirade of drunk posts when he no-hits the Cubs and Braun hits the game winning home run.

montgomery is a team player he'll just hit braun every AB

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Sydin posted:

If Kevlar or Poque run onto the field to charge Matt Garza (or Braun) someone be sure to screenshot it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pancakes posted:

If Kevlar or Poque run onto the field to charge Matt Garza (or Braun) someone be sure to screenshot it.

Just me, work trip. I will not be getting felonies but I WILL scream myself hoarse

• Locked thread