Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

TMMadman posted:

It's not really a scum claim though, it's a jokephase response to a synx gambit type question. I thought that was what Asiina was going for because it came right on the heels of me asking flerp if he was scum. I guess I should have just autovoted flerp because he didn't answer the question 'correctly'.

You could have just not been an idiot who ruins discussion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

You could have just not been an idiot who ruins discussion?

:agreed::yeah::agreed::yeah:

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Synx_Gambit

The Synx gambit is some awful thing that Synx invented which never works. Basically the idea is that scum will act awkwardly when asked to make a post stating "I am scum". While most scum will post this sentence, it is their reaction afterwards which is telling of alignment. Or rather, not telling of alignment. Because it's a stupid thing that never works.
For obvious reasons this gambit is pretty easily foiled, so no one really uses it seriously. Also, like many things called a "gambit", it is not actually a gambit.
(I'm just saying.)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
The important thing to remember here is that we are literally at TMM's mercy here. Any discussion we have going forward is going to be painted irrevocably by his scum claim in d1. So even if we lynch him and he flips scum, everyone doing the right thing and performing their civic duty with a policy lynch is all of a sudden a scum suspect. If we don't lynch him we are forced to constantly wonder if he is scum and this was his plan the whole time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think if we have an investigative role they should check him out :shrug:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I have a solution too. But I can't solve my stupid loving puzzle so I may never use it haha

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

This is probably the best option. At least I'm playing the game.

I think we should probably lynch one of Hiip/Retro/SSV. All three of them have less posts than PBS who replaced out of the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

This is probably the best option. At least I'm playing the game.

I think we should probably lynch one of Hiip/Retro/SSV. All three of them have less posts than PBS who replaced out of the game.

Oh my godddd are you calling for a d1 lurker lynch

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The important thing to remember here is that we are literally at TMM's mercy here. Any discussion we have going forward is going to be painted irrevocably by his scum claim in d1. So even if we lynch him and he flips scum, everyone doing the right thing and performing their civic duty with a policy lynch is all of a sudden a scum suspect. If we don't lynch him we are forced to constantly wonder if he is scum and this was his plan the whole time.

I assume you meant flips town, but I agree and is exactly why I said none of the votes on him are bad. Voting someone who is scumclaiming is such a solid reason that I'm not going to find empty votes for it suspicious. I'll be more suspicious of people who are voting while hedging, since there's no reason to hedge on a scumclaim vote. I don't see anyone doing that here, so no suspicious votes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Oh my godddd are you calling for a d1 lurker lynch

You've done it before. It's not that unusual at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Plus this is a small 11 person game. Lurkers are way worse in these games then in bigger ones.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

I'd vote TMM because d1 scum claims are stupid bad.BK looks like he knows TMM isn't scum tho or worse is covering for his scumbro doing weird things...

I need to go see when TMM scum claimed

No, I don't. I objectively don't. TMM could be pizza-aligned, all I know is that jumping on this dumb non-starter is moronic.

You and Apocron pretending out of thin air that I'm defending TMM and know he isn't scum is weird. The best credit I can give these TMM votes (and votes like it) are that they are trying to discourage future D1 behavior where people say they're scum, but people make jokes like this regularly and they present no bearing on alignment. So, instead, I'm voting based on something that has helped me actually determine someone's alignment and people should vote with me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Or maybe apocron is a smarter player than you give them credit for ;)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ernie said he was scum in your game BK and no one believed he was telling the truth.

AND THEN HE WAS SCUM!!!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

go on

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh you did go on.

well what an amazing success record there kashuno

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also that's a good point about how yes, TMM could absolutely be scum who posted "I am scum." in jokephase of this game. But that's a lovely case and it always will be. I would've been just as bewildered by that case in my game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

oh you did go on.

well what an amazing success record there kashuno

1/1 is 100% thank you :sun:

Also I hold a personal vendetta against scum claiming in jokephase. I did that once and got turboed immediately. All others should follow suit.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
turbo kash? well if u say so ##vote kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

turbo kash? well if u say so ##vote kash

Nah I didn't scum claim this game try to keep up flerp!!!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tru

but i always support a kash turbo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hosed up you're jimson's lover and turbo his best friend w o w

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
love works in mysterious ways

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

flerp posted:

love works in mysterious ways

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
kash is cool im not turboing him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

kash is cool im not turboing him

:kimchi:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Vote Count

TMMadman (3): Asiina, Apocron, Jimson Kashuno
Apocorn (2): BottleKnight, GlitchThief
Kashuno (2): TMMadman, flerp
Bottleknight (1): Kashuno

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

Deadline in approximately 7 hours and 39 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i feel like my brain is trying to escape through my forehead so if i somehow miss deadline don't post.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

i feel like my brain is trying to escape through my forehead so if i somehow miss deadline don't post.

Did you just confirm your brain for scum? Please don't do this mod. It's really lovely.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright with just a few hours left in the day, I'm going to ##vote SSV

He has all of three posts and hasn't posted at all since the 5th. That isn't going to cut it in a small game.

I don't really think Asiina is scum, I'm a little leary of Apocorn but at least he's posting and I've giving him a slight new player bias. I'd vote Jimson because I think he was the scummiest vote on me. The lover claim gives me a little pause, but flerp/Jimson always claim it. Either way, both of them are actually playing the game. BK is a little scummy, but again he's playing the game. Glitch has also been posting and Kash is Kash.

I'd also be willing to switch to either Retro or Hiip (in that order) because lurkers are going to hurt this game. With 11 people to start, three people is 25% of the game and that percentage just gets bigger with every kill. Especially since games of this size only last about 3 days, assuming perfect kills.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

You call out lurkers D1 in every single game Madman. You really like that content, regardless of alignment.

You're right, though. All 3 of those people should replace out if they don't want to play.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quality over quantity. I may not post a lot, but every one is gold. Anyways Jimson is probably pinging me most right now, but I keep wavering on apo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Quality over quantity. I may not post a lot, but every one is gold. Anyways Jimson is probably pinging me most right now, but I keep wavering on apo

Why is Jimson pinging you

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Why is Jimson pinging you

He's jealous of mine and flerps love. Also hes scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

You call out lurkers D1 in every single game Madman. You really like that content, regardless of alignment.

You're right, though. All 3 of those people should replace out if they don't want to play.

I do like content. I am usually active in the games I play whether town or scum, although I do tend to lurk more as scum. You can't count on scum to kill the lurkers because sometimes they want to slow the game down and will take out the higher post count people.

If this was a bigger game, I'd probably be willing to give them a day to see what happens. But this game is so small that there's just no reason to take the chance with lurkers.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This post makes my nose twitch

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Can people vote for someone in the game and let the mod worry about non participation?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Apocron posted:

Can people vote for someone in the game and let the mod worry about non participation?

What is this all about? SSV is in the game. He's just not posting. We, as a group, have a way to solve that problem without needing the mod to find a replacement.

Voting out the lurkers is acceptable play. Especially in a game this small.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Just seems like a waste of a day for me because we can't really see how they acted, how other people reacted, why people voted for them etc. But it's ok man. Protect ya neck.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Apocron posted:

Just seems like a waste of a day for me because we can't really see how they acted, how other people reacted, why people voted for them etc. But it's ok man. Protect ya neck.

It's better to 'waste' the day now than it is to wait until later when the game is on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Or they stop lurking or they get mod killed. Either way the situation is solved without wasting a day. If they never post and we have to waste a day killing them later then I think that's on the mod.

• Locked thread